PS4 - Destiny

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS Hits PSN Today

Brian Chou's Avatar + Posted by Brian Chou on Mar 11, 2010 // SCEA Marketing Specialist

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to everyone who has been reading Kumi’s posts about THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS. I’m here to announce that the wait is finally over, as the game becomes available for download on PlayStation Network today, March 11! Enjoy the ultimate digital card game experience for the PlayStation Portable system everywhere you go.

The Eye of Judgment Legends Banner

As mentioned previously, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS features game play based on digital cards that players collect, trade, and use to battle against others. Fans of the PlayStation 3 system hit, THE EYE OF JUDGMENT, will enjoy updated card balancing and new strategies, as well as the ability to easily carry your entire digital card collection with you to build the perfect deck on the fly. There are over 300 cards to collect, including Rare and Ultra Rare cards to build more unique battle decks! Plus there’s an all new Story Mode created exclusively for the PSP version, where you’ll unfold an epic journey to save the world from the evil Biolith king, Scion.

Check out the trailer for the game!

There are also two multiplayer modes for head-to-head card battles, Ad-hoc and Infrastructure. Ad-hoc mode lets you face off against another player locally over Wi-Fi, as well as trade cards from your collection. Infrastructure mode lets you battle another player online and compares the top scores among players all around the world!

Infrastructure mode also makes global tournaments possible for THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS. See if you have what it takes to rank among the top players in the world, and observe battle tactics from other players you challenge that may improve your skills for future tournaments. The first tournament will be held today at 7:00 PM PST, and last until March 18 1:00 AM PST. This will be a great warm-up to the many strategies and approaches to card battles. To even the field, Ultra Rare cards will be restricted from the first tournament.

I hope everyone enjoys the game, stay tuned to the blog for more news!

+ PSmonkey on March 11th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Cool, What will be the game’s price?

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

The game will sell for $29.99, and offers the full, strategic experience of the PS3 version, plus features such as a new Story Mode and two ways to play head-to-head duels. There’s also updated card balancing for new duel strategies, plus the convenience and portability to appeal to a wide audience.

+ Mosh_Pit on March 11th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

Cool I can go download it … but PSN doesn’t work for me… Is it down again, or I’m the only one having this issue.

+ Paean on March 11th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Loved the demo, can’t wait to grab the release!

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Glad you liked the demo because the full game has a ton of features!

+ dreamvast on March 11th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

Where’s Mega Man 10…?

+ depward on March 11th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Can’t wait to download the retail game! Was hoping it was going to release today after hearing about the tournament on the EU blog. Hoping you guys keep on supporting with tournaments on a frequent basis.

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Hope you enjoy the current tournament! Please stay tuned for more news on tournaments

+ daniel3334 on March 11th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

cool cant wait! but you left out one tiny point. what is the price???

+ bayn_ on March 11th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Just to clarify, all cards are in the game right? How do you earn/get more? I don’t know anyone locally that plays or even has a PSP so what will it take to eventually get/unlock all the cards? Is that possible without trading?

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

The game comes with about 300 cards that you can get in a variety of ways. Get cards and earn in-game money (G) by winning duels in the Story Mode or the Battle Arena. You can buy cards with this money at the Card Shop. There will also be additional downloadable cards, which won’t be able to be traded. Stay tuned for more news on those!

+ daniel3334 on March 11th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

wow another blog post without a freaking reply!! why even bother posting if yall arent gonna answer the customers questions???

+ Mosh_Pit on March 11th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

I bet it’s going to be over 20 bux.

+ MS3Boy on March 11th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Perfect timing! I just got to check out the demo last night and was hooked. I’m hoping the price is right. ;)

+ tj5678 on March 11th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Great game, really enjoyed the demo. If it’s priced 19.99-29.99 I’m sold. Hopefully, it won’t hit the 39.99 mark (esp if there will most likely be extra downloadable decks/cards in the future). I would also like to see marvel and warhammer card games for the psp make a psn store appearence. Would also like to see a psp version of culdcept saga.

+ depward on March 11th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Disappointed in that you don’t earn gold by playing opponents online; you have to play SP and SP duel modes to earn gold to buy cards. But whatevs.

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Infrastructure Mode does allow you to win cards through winning duels though!

+ k1ngsnak3 on March 11th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Must Own! I loved the original EoJ game and the demo for this was very fun. Hopefully I’ll see some of y’all out there to do some games with.

+ Nonslaught7 on March 11th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Any chance of the US getting a UMD version of the game like the UK has?

+ urienji on March 11th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

I liked the demo, but a purchase will depend on the price. I think $20 is about right.

+ bullseyetm on March 11th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Big fan of the PS3 version. Can’t wait to pick this one up.

+ Mikaa1701 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

Not to be overly sarcastic, but it says the first tourney will be tonight at 7PST. Any chance that the update will be more than an hour before that?

PLEASE have a consistant upload time, Sony.

+ Mox007 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

I enjoyed the PS3 version and the demo.

If the price is $20 this will be a no brainer, otherwise I need to convince my wife that I didn’t just spend too much money on a new phone and I really do need this game. LOL

+ urienji on March 11th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

How come everyone has cool avatars and I have just this stupid smiley face. Could someone tell me how to change the avatar?

+ Mox007 on March 11th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

The avatars are from the PS3.

+ akaKEYSERSOZE on March 11th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

Anyone know if Blazblue portable is due today

+ daniel3334 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

missing link, here we are hours later, and the only reply we get is glad you liked the demo. welcome to the blog bud. nothing has changed on this site but the color.

+ letherclad on March 11th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Sweet! I liked the demo a lot and was looking forward to this.

+ PSN_Tokeio on March 11th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Price would be nice to know, thanks.

+ daniel3334 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

by the way i love both EOJ titles. glad we dont have to chase cards anymore. i still have hundreds of cards at my house now. just hope ya’ll drop the dlc a lil more often than usual.and the psblog rocks. but alot of the ppl make their posts and leave,paying no attention to the feedback we all leave.iguess i did come off a lil like a jerk! cant wait for the store to update for this as long as its under $30.

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

No worries daniel3334, you seem like an avid fan and we love that! As a fan of the PS3 EOJ, I think you’ll really enjoy the PSP version, especially the Story Mode and the ability to easily carry an entire digital card collection to make new deck versions whenever you get inspired!

+ starBlinky01 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

k seriously, I have tried to buy this game for PS3 so many damn times. But they say the game has been discontinued.. why!? I can only buy it used, but it never comes with any of the stuff, like the play board or the camera mount.

I already have a camera.. and I can buy cards separate.. but cmooon, why discontinue? I need that camera mount to play, and the game board would be helpful as well.

+ Hatori1181 on March 11th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

loved the demo, I hope the price of the full game isn’t too bad… also, any chance that the bonus cards that were given out in other countries (dragon warrior in France and other places in EU, and some of the Japanese promos) will be available? It’s kind of a bummer that we’re not only cut out of a physical copy of the game, but any type of bonus, too. Also, if a card is found to be over-powered, or has a misspelling or something of the like, will we see patches that will fix the issue? That would be fantastic. This is the best news I’ve seen today, and I’ll eagerly be waiting for the PSN to update.

+ wolverine81 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Could we get a price, please?

+ wolverine81 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

I forgot. I also would like to know if this is gonna be available on UMD?

+ wolverine81 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

Just saw the price. ‘doh’ I missed the comment at the top. Thanks for the update on the price!

+ urienji on March 11th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

$29.99 seems a little steep, but….

I just might have to take the plunge.

+ Hatori1181 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

hey, I just had a thought. Is there any chance we can get some playstation home items in the near future? I’m thinking T-shirts with either the element or faction symbols, figures of some of the main characters, stuff like that. What do you guys think? Also, thanks for the heads up on the price, Brian.

+ Mosh_Pit on March 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

30 bux huh? Pretty decent!

+ Callahan09 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

So I hear this game has about 300 cards, and I doubt that it’s mere coincidence that the original PS3 game has about 300 cards if you include Sets 2 & 3. Does this game feature the same arsenal of cards, or is it a new set all-together, or some combination of cards from the PS3 game and original cards?

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 9:15 pm said:

The PSP version comes with all the PS3 version cards including the expansion sets. There are also new cards that were not released on the PS3 version.

+ tj5678 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Brian,

Do we have to download the whole game file, or can we just update the demo version already installed on our psps. How big is the game (file size)? thanks Tom

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 11th, 2010 at 9:14 pm said:

Yes you have to download the whole game file, which is 568 MB.

+ Frostquake on March 11th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Love EOJ, but for the love of tiny Zebras everywhere, the price is too steep! For the price I want a Hard Copy!! I was burned by Sony with there Music Store..Remember Sony Connect…Well…It closed and all my Songs are GONE GONE GONE…No Hard Copies, Memory stick failed and corrupted so $100′s of dollars lost…
I am ALL FOR DLC…but being burned by not being able to get what I paid for, sucks. I want to know that if I want to play this game in 30 years, I can…and if my memory stick gets corrupt, I need to know I can still get it to play off the PSN in 30 years…$30 bucks is too much to waste…So I will wait till it goes on sale, which it will in its good time…until then I will envy all of you who get it first day and don’t care that you might loose $30.

psn:frostquake

+ sprybry on March 11th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

many thanks, Brian. http://www.lbshooters.com is ready for Legends with a full forum for tourneys, leagues, strategy, decks, etc. our first tourney and league launch on Apr.1st (gotta give everyone a little time to adjust to all the card changes). looking forward to more news ;)

anyone have questions on ad-hoc or infrastructure? LBS has a couple of threads on those topics that may answer your questions.

~sprybry

+ KainDrake on March 11th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

is there still support for the ps3 version? are there still cards for it?

+ PPFabian on March 11th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

I was planning on buying this but instead I will wait for fat princess, 30 for this game I didn’t really fell in love with the demo. It’s all up to luck most of the time, not really my style of card games.

+ Zephram on March 11th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

This is the type of game ( minigame ) we could have been playing in Final Fantasy, had they not stripped the series of all the elements that made it fun.
Nonetheless it’s nice to see a poor man’s EOJ, lol.

+ MeioJo on March 11th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Can’t wait to play in the Tourny…. Where is the D/L?

i’m so excited :D

+ LordRaoh on March 11th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

any more games like this coming to the ps3? i bought EoJ the first day with the camera.. and i was expecting there to be more card game titles coming.. would love to see a marvel VS. game or yugioh etc. or more new games, i understand the sales may not be large or popular but I seriously purchased this game not only to play it but expecting a lot more from this genre

should i stop holding my breath?

+ FilliamHMuffman on March 11th, 2010 at 7:52 pm said:

Will there be a way for players in North America to collect the promo cards like Biolith Oracle and Nagirashi Issen?

+ teradome on March 12th, 2010 at 3:56 am said:

The demo intrigued me since I haven’t played a TCG in over a decade. Yet it came out at $29.99. This really should have been released with a “starter pack” approach — i.e. cheaper, and let people buy DLC packs if they are serious/into competitive play.

I really do not understand game pricing on the PSP these days. Right now you have some awesome, brand new PS3 titles like Greed Corp in the $9-19.99 range. At $19.99 I’d have been tempted to play it, and at $9.99 it would have been a no-brainer. But seeing them both, I’d rather buy Greed Corp than TEoJ, and since I already have a ton of recent PS3 titles to play (yet no PSP ones), it becomes a no-sale.

Really, you need to look at the pricing of both your console and portable titles at the same time; They’re sold in the same store and they vie for the same free time from the buyer.

+ MS3Boy on March 12th, 2010 at 5:43 am said:

Yikes, I didn’t expect $29.99 either! I guess I’ll stick to the PS3 version until a sale/price drop.

+ vincentmanga on March 12th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

I bought the game last night and it really worth it but my game is in french will I be able to play online with peaple who have the english version

+ Vyras84 on March 16th, 2010 at 12:14 am said:

Why are so many ppl complaining about paying $30? I prefer a hardcopy of the game, but if I can only get a digital copy than be it. $30 for either a digital or hard copy is not asking too much in my opinion. I just wish I’d quit getting my butt kicked on the demo why I wait till I get the $30 to download the game.