PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Tester Episode 4 Available Today

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Mar 11, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Hey The Tester fans. It’s Thursday, which means the wait is over for the next episode of The Tester.

Game developers know that the ability to thrive in almost any situation and use creativity to problem-solve are key qualities necessary to work in quality assurance. Testers must be able to adapt and create scenarios to fully analyze a game.

So, what better way to take people out of their comfort zone and assess their creativity than with a surprise live-action role play? That’s right, things definitely get dramatic this week as the remaining 7 gamers use random props, their wits and sheer guts to entertain and impress the panel.

And to help evaluate the performances, PlayStation Home’s Katherine de Leon joins Brent Gocke and Hal Sparks on this week’s panel. Katherine oversees the creation of environments and virtual merchandise for the platform. An RPG veteran and former US Marine, she brings strong opinions and her d20 to this challenge.

Don’t miss Episode 4.

Thanks again for downloading and watching. Enjoy the show!

PAGE 1 2

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

*waves*

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

ha ha

+ MiltonMafia on March 11th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

I’ve been d/l them but haven’t watched yet. Is it any good?

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

no, not very.

+ Microshock on March 11th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Milton, it’s a reality show. If you like reality shows, you’ll like this.

I am sort of liking it. I LOVE that i can skip thru the people I hate, like when they cry or whatever.

And it’s free.

+ jrinck on March 11th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

I was expecting more video game playing.

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

if this is how sony screens potential new hires, and these guys re the cream of the crop, we’re all in big trouble as playstation users.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 11th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Aw, c’mon. This show is all in good fun.

+ kanbak on March 11th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

jrinck I agree with you I also was expecting more video game playing but I still like the show anyways.

+ Destiny89 on March 11th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

I thought this show will provide more actual video game.. playing :P.. still fun to watch and i have downloaded all of them so far, looking forward to this one

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 11th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

Just wanted to say a word about the limited video game playing in the show. We specifically did NOT want to show much game play since that’s what most of the audience does anyway. The main premise is to take the critical skills needed to work in the industry (eye for detail, communication, teamwork, creativity and flexibility, etc.) and showcase them in a fun way suitable for television.

And each week, as you see, the challenges get more difficult.

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

yeah i know… i was joking. anyway, that little red haired host is nice to look at if nothing else. her name escapes me.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 11th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

The host of ‘The Tester’ is Meredith Molinari

+ Carl-G on March 11th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

I didn’t think i would like it but it is fun to watch ;)

+ erico316ecw on March 11th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

the show is ok . but u guys arent testing there skill in a game. u need 2 have 2 games codes one with bugs and one with none .anyone agree

+ TriCykle on March 11th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

feralthing, say what you want, but at least some of these contestants are showing that they will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Definitely not the beer-ios guy, but there are others. The guy with the goatee is a solid guy, takes responsibility when he didn’t need to.

Decent show, but I fail to see the point of their “alliances”, at least until episode three, where they actually had input on who had to leave, haha.

Great show idea though Sony, I hope there’s more of this kind of thing in the future!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 11th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Thanks for supporting the show. There will be more in the future if The Tester is successful. So, spread the word.

+ Phake on March 11th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

I am so looking forward to this Barmy Episode!!! He would have been so entertaining!

+ nfalk on March 11th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

This show is stupid, who cares about the dumb challenges they put them through.

Here’s a good idea: Why not have them play some PS Games? Aren’t they trying to become a PS tester?

I don’t see how sling-shotting footballs tells you anything other than this is boring/ridiculous/waste of time.

Sad to say I was excited about this show, after 3 shows, not so much.

+ depward on March 11th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Kevin is totally right right – this is all for fun. And, for what it is, I’m really enjoying it.

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

the blond judge guy remind anyone else of the bad guy from karate kid?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 11th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

SWEEP THE LEG!

+ vegan_mekey on March 11th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

I actually look forward to watching it every Thursday night.

+ letherclad on March 11th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

I’ve been enjoying The Tester, great work guys!

+ NewYork214 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

i actually like this show. not sure who i want to win. its a easy way to kill 20 minutes.

+ starBlinky01 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I actually reaaally like this show. Thanks for making it!

+ GamerFromJump on March 11th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I’ve been waiting all day for Mega Man 10 to drop, what’s the hold up?

+ RuthlessEd on March 11th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

Watching the “preview” episode took nearly a decade off my life (and severely impacted my ability to operate my farm equipment).

I just can’t risk watching another episode, lest my brain shrivels up and dies.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on March 11th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

Hey man? When are you going to implement Optional Subtitle for this show? PLEASE DO THAT FOR ALL OF US! I really want to understand what is going on and everything so badly!!! Don’t leave me hanging out dry. Thanx.

+ Kchow23 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

I think the show is alright, but feels short and a lot of the challenges seem very minor… would’ve been nice to have a mini challenges where the winning team or individual wins a chance to talk to a developer or a prize before the REAL challenge where you might get eliminated

+ Kchow23 on March 11th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

but then again a lot of the shows on TV that are similar to the Tester are 1 hour long

+ Trieloth on March 11th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

Hey thanks for the free shows! I enjoy and look forward to them. I always get a good laugh.

+ Kirkpad on March 11th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

This is actually a really fun show to watch. My family loves watching it every week. Cool stuff Sony!

+ FJ1100_rider on March 11th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

as a game show it’s ok , it does test the peoples abilities to work as a team an their attention to detail
important skills for a job like this
I want more meredith molinari though , she’s a very sexy woman

+ garion321 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Okay, so it says that the wait is over, but it doesn’t seem to be over yet…. I can’t seem to find it anywhere in the PSN store. You guys need to jump on the ball.

With that said, though, I like the show besides the fact that there isn’t any video-game playing. You should’ve taken tips from Sci-fi’s WCG Ultimate Gamer and had a hybrid of Video Game playing and Physical challenges. After all, how do you know these guys can actually play video games? Any old person could play these games and have never picked up a controller in their life.

+ scorpio182 on March 11th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

I enjoy watching the show and am excited for EP4.

Good work putting something like this together a break from the videogames but part of it.

+ F8L-WOLF on March 11th, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

finally i can comment the playstation blog on the ps3 browser =)

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!!

+ AceBeeDee on March 11th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

cant wait! the show is great! and now i can download in HD!! cuz i finally upgraded from a standard set…yay!!

+ Sponge-worthy on March 11th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

@7 feralthing:

I think that quality of game testing exists already, especially given the recent Y2010K event and the corrupt save games generated by 1st party exclusive Heavy Rain.

The contestants look more like “test subjects” to me–you know, the folks who make a couple hundred bucks to be human guinea pigs for some new drug trial? I think some big pharma co. is going through the same production company and casting a show called “The Tested.” Somewhere the wires got crossed, and the actual video game players are sequestered off somewhere, being injected with god-knows-what.

+ Thrasher20 on March 11th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

I like this series haha. And it’s coming from someone who does not watch TV at all :)

+ jonnyquesty2k on March 11th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

How about providing it along with Pulse on the CDN PSN Store NOW (so I can watch it)! I know very well it’s just a click of a button to move it there, but kind of unfair to have it on one place only for an extended period of time before it spreads to, well, other stores and unfortunately, in the pirate world too: “The Tester S01E01.mp4 346 Mb.”

+ RaidenXS on March 11th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

will there be a casting call for season 2 soon? or are there no plans just yet.

+ crowsticky1234 on March 11th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

Every single thursday, I always go straight to my PSP and download it and watch it. This is a great show and keep it that way.

+ texnagita on March 11th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

any looser can work QA. it’s hard to see how this is a prize lmao

+ feralthing on March 11th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

@35 sponge-worthy

this sounds like an extremely plausible scenario.

+ Mr_AzNDrEaMeR510 on March 11th, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

i love this show. the only thing i dont like about it is its too short. where are all the stuff they do in between shows? give us more info on the characters so we can relate to them better. i dont think theres enough one on one with the characters. it would also be nice to have one on one with the panelists. give us their input on how they feel about each contestant. i love this show but it could be better.

+ BigPoppaB on March 11th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

this show is surprisingly good.

that being said… the only two contestants who actually seem qualified for the job are the black dude (nausious?) and the white dude in that useless alliance.

Im curious if that luge girl and ‘amped’ actually play video games.

+ willynews on March 11th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

I felt sorry for Fame Girl last week. I knew she was going home Episode 3 because she in the danger zone 3 times. the show is awesome

+ jjgsonic14 on March 11th, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

its not available for me yet. is it cause im on the west side of the US?

+ SHINSPIKES on March 11th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

I like the show, but I wish it was an hour long. Could have more competitions, more of whats goin on in the house. How come no drama?

+ triple_lei on March 11th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

I love the show and I also felt sorry for Fame Girl. I thought she did well in the 1st episode and she really has been trying hard. And I got angry when that other guy was asked who should go home and he said “well I really really trust Big D, he doesn’t give up, blah blah blah…” NO! Big D dropped the ball… literally!

+ bmg91 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

updating the store is taking longer, i’ve noticed. I want to watch episode 4 already.

+ LordRaoh on March 11th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

it’s 9:21 the show is not up yet..

was looking forward to it

as for the video gamegplay footage, i did expect some in game challenges, kill/death ratio, earned trophies during one playthrough, etc.. we dont have to see the whole playthrough but highlights would be interesting..

they say they are video gamers we would like to see how much so

+ Alienzero2k1 on March 11th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

where is the update pasts its time

PAGE 1 2