PS3-TLOU Left Behind

God of War III’s Stig Asmussen: Your Questions Answered

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Mar 12, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

See, I told you we’d get him! As you could imagine, God of War III Game Director Stig Asmussen is a very busy man. But as promised, we managed to lock him down for about 10 minutes to bombard him with your questions at the GDC PlayStation.Blog.Lounge (also, check out our chat with Designer Director Todd Papy who filled in for Stig last week). With T-minus four days until Chaos, Stig is looking very relaxed, and so he tackles your inquires with ease. And I promise there are no spoilers here, so no need to worry for those of you that are struggling to stay in the dark.

Can you believe March 16 is just around the corner?

PAGE 1 2

+ LukaX23 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

Oh wow I just loaded the page there it is! A new post! Ha ha. =P

+ BlooodyCow on March 12th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

I will not get my Ultimate Edition from BestBuy online until the 17th :(

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Aww, but at least it’s an Ultimate Edition!!

+ Enigma777 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Can’t wait! Sadly I wont get the Ultimate Edition till the 18th because Amazon sucks and doesn’t offer release-date shipping!

+ scottsle on March 12th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Can he comment on the DLC after launch. Will they add bonus levels to the campaign or will they consist of “challenge arenas” only?

+ GGodas on March 12th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Im from Argentina. And the Game reaches here on 20th. Im so FREAKING Exited.

+ GerbilPawnz on March 12th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

Wow GOW3 im so pumped!!! so close!!! but I have a question why can i not view this video on my PS3 browser? :( plz help.

+ BigBoss712 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Can’t believe GOW3 is almost here!!!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Believe it!!!

+ Bris_Blade on March 12th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

4… More…. Days!!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

You are correct, as the eyes of Kratos verified that on the right side of this page! Longest weekend wait ever…

+ Kurenai_Oni on March 12th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Already halfway through it! omg this game is EPIC :O

+ Thrasher20 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Thanks Chris!

Maybe someday you can interview Kevin Butler!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

He’s been dodging my calls. In all seriousness, yes, I love that idea.

+ roach_killa74 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

what is the difference between the ultimate edition and the original one?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 12th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

The Ultimate Edition is sold out and the standard one isn’t. Yet :-)

+ explosive78 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

been playing the demo over and over again. Is that part in the demo in the actual game or has it changed so drastically we will never notice it.

+ xaos on March 12th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

Can’t wait, though I was pretty crushed that my Blind fury time at the get together was 19 seconds, well short of the winning 16 seconds that would have allowed me to take home the Ultimate Edition that night >:(

Stig and the rest of the crew were super friendly and low key, though, my hat is off to them!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

Dude, thanks for coming! 19 seconds is a crazy legit time, thought that 16 still boggles my mind. Hope you had a great time!

+ BlooodyCow on March 12th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

After watching the interview, I wish more developers would be like Stig and SSA. Like he said, they are the judge of their games. Wish more developers would follow suit. The video game media, not official Game company website, is run by a bunch of fanboy and people that cannot be objective in their previews or reviews on video games.

And Chris Morell, can you please pass on this request to Stig and the guys. Can they please work on Heavenly Sword 2. As a HUGE HUGE HUGE fanboy of both series, I would love to see Stig and the gang tackle the Heavenly Sword series :)

+ Kurenai_Oni on March 12th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

@Explosive78

The game is soooooo much different than the demo, you’ll enjoy playing the game alot more. I certainly am!

+ mcbuttz78 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

Can i ask question, there was 7-11 promotion of gow cups, but i found it rather hard to find a cup with the actual gow3 images on it. The guy at the stores say , just buy regular slurpee a cup and the codes will unlock gow3 goodies, can u confirm this as true or Bs?

I’ll also ask yu to ask them for avi support the gow3 game, Can you ask them about this , alot people want to see images of krato’s , mintoro etc etc, from them epic series, ty 4 ya time

mcbuttz78

\

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 12th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

There shouldn’t be any codes on the non-GoW cups. As far as I know, no Kratos Cup, no DLC. Keep looking!

+ remanutd5 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

If All Of Olympus Will Deny Me My Vengeance Then All Of Olympus Will DIE!!!!
In The End There Will Be Only Chaos!!!!!
Man , God , LEGEND!!!!!
3 more days till i go to Best Buy to the midnight launch

+ GAT305 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

almost here… any news on releasing the dynamic theme on psn store for purchase?

+ remanutd5 on March 12th, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

i thought you guys were gonna have the man behind kratos voice here on the blog

+ BTK88 on March 12th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

Nice interview

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

Thanks!

+ remanutd5 on March 12th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

yes Chris i second BloodyCow opinion, as a fan of both series i want Heavenly Sword 2 !!!!1

+ mountain_duwe on March 12th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

Stig Asmussen. what a cool name

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Right?!

+ Kchow23 on March 12th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

THE END IS ALMOST HERE! Midnight release FTW!

+ joseph2411 on March 12th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

Awesome my question got answered (last question), but i already knew that was going to be the answer because…the whole game is badass! (just wanted a little confirmation) :) Can’t wait for God of War 3!!!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

He did come up with a good answer though. No ego, just amazing production.

+ sam_i_jam on March 12th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Stig is great. Can’t wait for the conclusion to the trilogy.

+ F8L-WOLF on March 12th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

FML this is a longer wait then waiting in line for my 60 gig launch ps3 lol only 4 more days. hurry up monday night

+ Fluidshine on March 12th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

OMG I am so excited for this game!! A dynamic theme would be….badass lol please consider it! haha

+ JakeRuiner on March 12th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

idk stig looked like he was under pressure up there. btw i was very disappointed to see some spoilers here, at around 4:58 they show the boss battle with hades. i also didnt know you get to use his blades either. maybe most of you already knew that but i’ve been trying to not watch all these bad ass trailers and interviews for these reasons. thanks a lot! =(

+ aztec23 on March 12th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

God of War 3 OMFG WTF BBQ!

+ Goaliegeek on March 12th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

Please sell those Kevin Butler shirts online. Can’t wait till the midnight launch. UGH. First time in a long time, I just want to get this weekend over with!

+ kdiep on March 12th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Just wanted to say, that interview was… badass!

+ southside_jok3r on March 12th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

cant wait to pick up my copy of gow3 its not the ultimate edition but at least im gettin it when it first comes out i have all the gow games even the psp version

+ flamemist on March 12th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

@ Jeff and mcbutts78

Yes there are codes on non-GoW 3 slurpee cups, that is where I get most of my codes, I have only gotten 2 actual GoW 3 cups but many codes. So it is confirmed that non-GoW3 cups still have codes. no worries!

+ letherclad on March 12th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

This will be the longest weekend of my life, I can’t wait!

+ Trevor-Kuch on March 12th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

Really? An Apple laptop and not a Sony Vaio? Aaaaaiiiiiiiyyyyyyeeeee!

+ S-E-G on March 12th, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

thank you for working so hard on this game
i can’t wait to play it

+ DMPrince on March 12th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

@34

Was just about to ask about the apple laptop. WTF. TRAITOR!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 12th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

If you want me to bring you guys videos, then you have to let me edit them in Final Cut!

+ Sponge-worthy on March 12th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Unfortunately, no release date delivery from Amazon on the Ultimate Edition, but whatever.

In a parallel universe, would like to see a Kratos vs. The Hulk crossover. Personally, I think Kratos uses his anger to greater effect.

+ TheGuardianFID on March 12th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

PANDORA’S BOX FTW BABY!!! 8)

+ Mza49311 on March 12th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

@#15 mcbutts78 you can use the codes at the bottom of any cup to get points and then use the points to get the dlc from slurpee.com I’ve done it, got the dynamic theme, the code for the costume, and a couple of home shirts, just remember the bigger the cup the more points it’s worth!

+ Mza49311 on March 12th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

I’m afraid I won’t be able to get my hands on my Ultimate Edition :( Won in the ultimate fan contest I found out about here on the blog, one of 20 winners, but still haven’t got a confirmation email, pretty sure the ultimate editions haven’t shipped or anything, but my problem is I lived at a different address when I entered, now since I’ve moved don’t have anyway to get my address updated :( Just my luck

+ itsJose on March 12th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

Awesome! I actually got my Ultimate Edition shipping email today from Best Buy. IM PUMPED! I also gotta beat GoW2 this weeked :o

+ InpherKnow on March 12th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

For those worried about not getting the Ultimate Edition: DON’T. I swear on everything that I love that it’s a piece of crap. I got to see an unboxing of it first had today and I immediately switched my pre-order to a regular edition of the game. The box is made of extremely cheap plastic, the soundtrack is downloadable so you get no art with it, and the art book leaves a lot to be desired. With this being one of the PS3′s major releases, I’m disappointed that they dropped the ball on this one. Talk about an epic fail. Pandora’s Box is a waste of $40 extra dollars. This is only second to the RE5 Collectors Edition as being one of the worst ever. Did anyone see the Bioshock 2 CE? the AC2 CE? Then sony has the nerve to come with THIS??? Dont get me wrong, i’m a huge fan of the franchise, but sony jerked us with this anti-Ultimate Edition.

+ Trevor-Kuch on March 12th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

@40
I hear ya! I feel like I’m on a major time crunch to get it done! Fun to have the pressure though in a strange way.

@41
Good to know. A little cynical, but I am sincerely going to pickup the regular edition based on what you just said.

+ NewYork214 on March 12th, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

there is codes on all slurpee cups. they have slurpee rewards and the GoW stuff is just some of the prizes you can use the codes for.

+ Danny_Death on March 12th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

so how many people are going to be playing this game in 4 days besides me? lol probably the WHOLE PSN Community? lol

+ Fenrir_thomasb on March 12th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

i cant wait till this game comes out /sigh guess till then i gotta go whoops some olympians ass…literally.

+ Blkant on March 12th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

Yay for the apple computers ^_^

+ Nivek245 on March 12th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

Ugh!!! the 16 seems so far away….3 more days,must resist….watching spoilers online

+ Danny_Death on March 12th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

lol. go play the GOW E3 Demo 9999 times through. then come back and it will be TIME!

PAGE 1 2