LittleBigPlanet 3

ModNation Racers Release Date, Pre-Orders and Box Art!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Mar 15, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

If you’ve been keeping up with the Blog or recent preview coverage, you know ModNation Racers is continuing the Play, Create and Share movement allowing both PS3 and PSP owners to design their own racers, karts and best of all, custom tracks! Creations can then be raced with friends (four-player split-screen confirmed!) and uploaded to the rest of the PlayStation Network! But the question is:

When will it hit store shelves?

Well it’s official! ModNation Racers on both PS3 and PSP releases May 25! On top of this, we kick off our official pre-order program today for the PS3 version with participating retailers.

ModNation Characters

That’s right! Ratchet and Clank, Nathan Drake, and Kratos have officially been Mod’ed! Depending on where you pre-order your copy, you’ll get to race with one of your favorite characters.

ModNation Racers Kratos Racing

Pre-order from GameStop and score Kratos and his Kart of Chaos!

ModNation Racers Ratchet Racing

Pre-order from Amazon and race as Ratchet or Clank!

ModNation Racers Nathan Drake Racing

Pre-order from Best Buy and score Nathan Drake and his Jungle Jeep!

On top of this, each pre-order gets an additional BONUS Mystery Mod and Kart package that include not just a special Mod and Kart, but additional accessories that you can use to make your own creations!

ModNation Racers DLC 1 ModNation Racers DLC 2

ModNation Racers DLC 3 ModNation Racers DLC 4

Four possibilities in total, and just like a vinyl figure you buy in stores, you won’t know which one you get until you download it and see for yourself. Wondering what they could be? We will reveal them soon enough! Just look for a future post right here on the Blog. :)

So there you go! Pre-order today and you might be racing with your favorite PlayStation character! To make sure you know which box to grab on May 25, here is a sneak peek at our packfront!

ModNation Racers PS3 Box

More updates to come right here on the PS.Blog! See you then.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Zardakin on March 16th, 2010 at 8:26 pm said:

I’ve been wating for this game for a long time… I’m gona be one of the first to get it! THE RACE IS ON! WHO WANTS TO GO FOR PINKS!?

+ Shinra_Soilder on March 16th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

Dang it all! The Nathan Drake skin is just tempting me to preorder this game!
Why must you taunt me with your witty remarks?

+ TopBanana0769 on March 18th, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

I’m so excited for this game! Reserved it as soon as GameStop had it in their system. I’ve had it paid off since December!

+ RynoDaxter on March 18th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

hey question can the ratchet and clank skin get both of them and also can it be somewhere else than amazon? i rather buy in stores than online

+ Elvick_ on March 18th, 2010 at 8:40 pm said:

Great… I can’t get Kratos, we don’t have a gamestop. Wonder if Gamestop.ca has the deal.

If not I’ll settle for Ratchet and Clank as amazon.ca has it. But that Kratos Kart is epic

+ yodazon on March 18th, 2010 at 9:21 pm said:

ive got a question since EBgames is a company ran by gamestop is it still possible to get kratos and his cart by orderin in ebgames?

+ Ballboy9687 on March 19th, 2010 at 4:41 am said:

Does the Ratchet and Clank package come with a kart?

+ TheDarkKnight22 on March 20th, 2010 at 1:30 am said:

Do the characters get any kind of special attack specifically designed for them or is it just the character and the cart?

+ fiskycatcha on March 20th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

ugh i hav to choose either psp or ps3 version i think ill go with ps3
my puppy ate the memory stick:( but thank god he’s alright:):):):):):):):):)

+ XviViASSACREvX on March 20th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

LOOKS AND SOUNDS SiiK!

+ Adyeniel on March 20th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Cool

+ TheXentertainer on March 20th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

The ‘Last Kart Standing’ feature sounds good so why is it omitted from the PS3 version? Maybe it can be downloaded from PSN as an additional feature? Or a Hidden Bonus in the game itself, after designing 100 tracks or winning 20 online races for example?

+ TheXentertainer on March 20th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Either way, I’ll be getting this on the ps3. Anyone is welcome to add me! Speaking of which, my psn connection won’t load due to ‘failure of IP’. Any ideas what’s wrong because I have lost psn connection. Many thanks if anyone can help.

+ juanmtz on March 20th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

my question is this, what is the exact release date cause i just reserved mine at gamestop and they said it comes out in june, and you guys say may. i’m confused and also, how will this game work with the playstation move?

+ redcell89 on March 20th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

hmm maybe ill preorder from best buy but i really wanted to see cole mcgrath from infamous or jak and daxter or slys gang i love bently personaly

+ xXMop-a-topXx on March 20th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Are these preorder bonuses for the uk too?

+ AK-58 on March 21st, 2010 at 5:41 pm said:

for the exclusives(ratchet,clank,kratos,nathan drake),will you get the kart and mod as a pre-made(one you can select)AND the parts used to make them?if you dont get them as both,thats gotta be changed,i personally think it would be awesome to have kratos’ arm plating on one of my custom mods.also, are the ‘mystery’ characters just pre-mades that come with special items? thats my guess anyway.

p.s. nathan drake looks completely ridicolous.good job!

+ BPatches701 on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

Don’t choose between PS3 OR PSP either get both or just the PS3 one because frankly there is no comparison to the PS3 version because the PSP ALWAYS has a ton of missing features and crappy PS1.5 graphics. Playing the PSP version over the PS3 is like playing a sports game on the PS2 when there is a PS3 version (if the PS2 even still had online for new games.)

+ PeeeJaaay on March 22nd, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

AT LAST….MARIO KART WITH BOLLOX…….BRING IT ON

+ jdcmemit on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

sweet looks like im gonna pre order it

+ jdcmemit on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

that box art is also cool

+ silverstag88 on March 24th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

Why can’t the PS3 version have Last Kart Standing too? It would be awesome if you add it.

+ silverstag88 on March 24th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

You should really considering making apps for iphone or ipad. That would be awesome!!!

+ starBlinky01 on March 25th, 2010 at 8:19 pm said:

UGH!! I thought it was released on March 25th since this is what PSU.com had on their release calendar. I was all ready to go to the store and everything..

Was this a PSU booboo? Or did the date change?

+ Randy-M47 on April 3rd, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

I think i know what one of the mystery ones are! The bottom left one looks like… well… I will just say what its from: Tom and Jerry!

+ SergentChaz on April 6th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

I hope i can make cavves in track studio, there are so many “creation” games whre you cant make a cave! (LBP DOESNT COUNT)

+ xXalverstoneXx on April 10th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Looks amazing!
Now I just need to pick where to pre-order from.

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on April 10th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

I checked out BestBuy.com, and they never mentioned a Nathan Drake + Mystery Pack as a Pre-Order Bonus. Is this an in–store deal (for Best Buy). I usually never reserve games via Best Buy, but Nate Drake + Modnation Racers = Paradise.

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on April 10th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

I kind of like the Amazon one, since the Ratchet and Clank bonus counts as 2 mods, not just Ratchet wearing Clank.

+ Edony8 on April 10th, 2010 at 8:47 pm said:

I really want to race as Nathan Drake, but I don’t want to pre-order from Best Buy. Will it be possible later to get Drake through the Playstation Store?

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on April 11th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

@Edony8 I really hope they do. If they do, it will probably come to the Playstation Store like 6 months later

+ LayMeOnTheWater on April 12th, 2010 at 5:43 am said:

Will there be a demo on the PSN?

+ Gunwing on April 12th, 2010 at 7:33 am said:

I’m so getting this game when I get payed! But sadly that wont be for a copple months now because I just bought my brand new and kick butt VIZIO 1080p HDTV with SRSTruSurround HD speakers…… My PS3 games look better, run smoother and sound better with a true 1080p HDTV and on top of that a extremly fast black to white 6.5 MS response time means no ghosting ever! I look forward to watching some BD movies tonight, as well as playing my fav PS3 games all over again!

(Playing God of War 3, Ratchet A Crack in Time, and DarSkiders from the start again)

+ TwinDad on April 12th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

Game looks fun, but not more then $30 fun. I’ve seen a few sites have it for $40 to pre-order, but I haven’t played it yet and I’m not sold. So Demo?

+ gamingEnd on April 13th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Will the PSP version get the same customization content in-game? Because I saw the videos on the PSN and I think that it’s just awesome how you can create almost everything you have in mind.

PAGE 1 2 3 4