Watch Dogs 2

Mar 15

Mar 15

ModNation Racers Release Date, Pre-Orders and Box Art!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

If you’ve been keeping up with the Blog or recent preview coverage, you know ModNation Racers is continuing the Play, Create and Share movement allowing both PS3 and PSP owners to design their own racers, karts and best of all, custom tracks! Creations can then be raced with friends (four-player split-screen confirmed!) and uploaded to the rest of the PlayStation Network! But the question is:

When will it hit store shelves?

Well it’s official! ModNation Racers on both PS3 and PSP releases May 25! On top of this, we kick off our official pre-order program today for the PS3 version with participating retailers.

ModNation Characters

That’s right! Ratchet and Clank, Nathan Drake, and Kratos have officially been Mod’ed! Depending on where you pre-order your copy, you’ll get to race with one of your favorite characters.

ModNation Racers Kratos Racing

Pre-order from GameStop and score Kratos and his Kart of Chaos!

ModNation Racers Ratchet Racing

Pre-order from Amazon and race as Ratchet or Clank!

ModNation Racers Nathan Drake Racing

Pre-order from Best Buy and score Nathan Drake and his Jungle Jeep!

On top of this, each pre-order gets an additional BONUS Mystery Mod and Kart package that include not just a special Mod and Kart, but additional accessories that you can use to make your own creations!

ModNation Racers DLC 1 ModNation Racers DLC 2

ModNation Racers DLC 3 ModNation Racers DLC 4

Four possibilities in total, and just like a vinyl figure you buy in stores, you won’t know which one you get until you download it and see for yourself. Wondering what they could be? We will reveal them soon enough! Just look for a future post right here on the Blog. :)

So there you go! Pre-order today and you might be racing with your favorite PlayStation character! To make sure you know which box to grab on May 25, here is a sneak peek at our packfront!

ModNation Racers PS3 Box

More updates to come right here on the PS.Blog! See you then.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

Zardakin said:

March 16th, 8:26 pm

I’ve been wating for this game for a long time… I’m gona be one of the first to get it! THE RACE IS ON! WHO WANTS TO GO FOR PINKS!?

Shinra_Soilder said:

March 16th, 10:09 pm

Dang it all! The Nathan Drake skin is just tempting me to preorder this game!
Why must you taunt me with your witty remarks?

TopBanana0769 said:

March 18th, 5:32 am

I’m so excited for this game! Reserved it as soon as GameStop had it in their system. I’ve had it paid off since December!

RynoDaxter said:

March 18th, 1:33 pm

hey question can the ratchet and clank skin get both of them and also can it be somewhere else than amazon? i rather buy in stores than online

Elvick_ said:

March 18th, 8:40 pm

Great… I can’t get Kratos, we don’t have a gamestop. Wonder if Gamestop.ca has the deal.

If not I’ll settle for Ratchet and Clank as amazon.ca has it. But that Kratos Kart is epic

yodazon said:

March 18th, 9:21 pm

ive got a question since EBgames is a company ran by gamestop is it still possible to get kratos and his cart by orderin in ebgames?

Ballboy9687 said:

March 19th, 4:41 am

Does the Ratchet and Clank package come with a kart?

TheDarkKnight22 said:

March 20th, 1:30 am

Do the characters get any kind of special attack specifically designed for them or is it just the character and the cart?

fiskycatcha said:

March 20th, 11:59 am

ugh i hav to choose either psp or ps3 version i think ill go with ps3
my puppy ate the memory stick:( but thank god he’s alright:):):):):):):):):)

XviViASSACREvX said:

March 20th, 12:13 pm

LOOKS AND SOUNDS SiiK!

Adyeniel said:

March 20th, 12:55 pm

Cool

TheXentertainer said:

March 20th, 1:12 pm

The ‘Last Kart Standing’ feature sounds good so why is it omitted from the PS3 version? Maybe it can be downloaded from PSN as an additional feature? Or a Hidden Bonus in the game itself, after designing 100 tracks or winning 20 online races for example?

TheXentertainer said:

March 20th, 1:16 pm

Either way, I’ll be getting this on the ps3. Anyone is welcome to add me! Speaking of which, my psn connection won’t load due to ‘failure of IP’. Any ideas what’s wrong because I have lost psn connection. Many thanks if anyone can help.

juanmtz said:

March 20th, 2:14 pm

my question is this, what is the exact release date cause i just reserved mine at gamestop and they said it comes out in june, and you guys say may. i’m confused and also, how will this game work with the playstation move?

redcell89 said:

March 20th, 2:39 pm

hmm maybe ill preorder from best buy but i really wanted to see cole mcgrath from infamous or jak and daxter or slys gang i love bently personaly

xXMop-a-topXx said:

March 20th, 3:20 pm

Are these preorder bonuses for the uk too?

AK-58 said:

March 21st, 5:41 pm

for the exclusives(ratchet,clank,kratos,nathan drake),will you get the kart and mod as a pre-made(one you can select)AND the parts used to make them?if you dont get them as both,thats gotta be changed,i personally think it would be awesome to have kratos’ arm plating on one of my custom mods.also, are the ‘mystery’ characters just pre-mades that come with special items? thats my guess anyway.

p.s. nathan drake looks completely ridicolous.good job!

BPatches701 said:

March 22nd, 7:07 am

Don’t choose between PS3 OR PSP either get both or just the PS3 one because frankly there is no comparison to the PS3 version because the PSP ALWAYS has a ton of missing features and crappy PS1.5 graphics. Playing the PSP version over the PS3 is like playing a sports game on the PS2 when there is a PS3 version (if the PS2 even still had online for new games.)

PeeeJaaay said:

March 22nd, 4:00 pm

AT LAST….MARIO KART WITH BOLLOX…….BRING IT ON

jdcmemit said:

March 23rd, 2:38 pm

sweet looks like im gonna pre order it

jdcmemit said:

March 23rd, 2:39 pm

that box art is also cool

silverstag88 said:

March 24th, 8:21 am

Why can’t the PS3 version have Last Kart Standing too? It would be awesome if you add it.

silverstag88 said:

March 24th, 8:25 am

You should really considering making apps for iphone or ipad. That would be awesome!!!

starBlinky01 said:

March 25th, 8:19 pm

UGH!! I thought it was released on March 25th since this is what PSU.com had on their release calendar. I was all ready to go to the store and everything..

Was this a PSU booboo? Or did the date change?

Randy-M47 said:

April 3rd, 8:51 am

I think i know what one of the mystery ones are! The bottom left one looks like… well… I will just say what its from: Tom and Jerry!

SergentChaz said:

April 6th, 8:16 pm

I hope i can make cavves in track studio, there are so many “creation” games whre you cant make a cave! (LBP DOESNT COUNT)

xXalverstoneXx said:

April 10th, 9:40 am

Looks amazing!
Now I just need to pick where to pre-order from.

Ibn_Elmeedan said:

April 10th, 11:29 am

I checked out BestBuy.com, and they never mentioned a Nathan Drake + Mystery Pack as a Pre-Order Bonus. Is this an in–store deal (for Best Buy). I usually never reserve games via Best Buy, but Nate Drake + Modnation Racers = Paradise.

Ibn_Elmeedan said:

April 10th, 11:30 am

I kind of like the Amazon one, since the Ratchet and Clank bonus counts as 2 mods, not just Ratchet wearing Clank.

Edony8 said:

April 10th, 8:47 pm

I really want to race as Nathan Drake, but I don’t want to pre-order from Best Buy. Will it be possible later to get Drake through the Playstation Store?

Ibn_Elmeedan said:

April 11th, 10:09 am

@Edony8 I really hope they do. If they do, it will probably come to the Playstation Store like 6 months later

LayMeOnTheWater said:

April 12th, 5:43 am

Will there be a demo on the PSN?

Gunwing said:

April 12th, 7:33 am

I’m so getting this game when I get payed! But sadly that wont be for a copple months now because I just bought my brand new and kick butt VIZIO 1080p HDTV with SRSTruSurround HD speakers…… My PS3 games look better, run smoother and sound better with a true 1080p HDTV and on top of that a extremly fast black to white 6.5 MS response time means no ghosting ever! I look forward to watching some BD movies tonight, as well as playing my fav PS3 games all over again!

(Playing God of War 3, Ratchet A Crack in Time, and DarSkiders from the start again)

TwinDad said:

April 12th, 8:04 am

Game looks fun, but not more then $30 fun. I’ve seen a few sites have it for $40 to pre-order, but I haven’t played it yet and I’m not sold. So Demo?

gamingEnd said:

April 13th, 9:24 am

Will the PSP version get the same customization content in-game? Because I saw the videos on the PSN and I think that it’s just awesome how you can create almost everything you have in mind.

PAGE 1 2 3 4