Spider-Man PS4

Mar 16

Mar 16

Meet The Tester Cast Members Luge and Doc in PlayStation Home Tomorrow

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Hey fans of The Tester. We have a special treat for you this week. Two of your favorite cast members from The Tester, Luge and Doc, will be dropping by The Tester theater in PlayStation Home tomorrow, Wednesday, from 6PM PDT/9 PM EDT – 7PM PDT/10PM EDT to take your questions. Here’s your chance to get the answers to the questions you’ve been dying to ask: What’s it really like on The Tester set? What’s it like in the hamster ball? How are beerios?

If you’ve been following the series, you know that this past week’s Episode 4 was no easy LARP in the park for both Luge and Doc. And, we all want to know what’s next for Luge and what’s Doc’s strategy to win as we get down to our final six challengers.

More cast guest appearances are slated in the weeks ahead. So let us know the other contestants you would like to hear from. And, remember, Episode 5 hits PlayStation Network on Thursday!

Luge and Doc from The Tester

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

dotCody said:

March 16th, 12:02 pm

Get this [DELETED] out of here.

texnagita said:

March 16th, 12:03 pm

no thanks :)

that-acmilan-guy said:

March 16th, 12:05 pm

lol, sorry got better stuff to do. too busy with studies, if i get a free moment i will play god of war 3.

UNCyrus said:

March 16th, 12:05 pm

Thanks for making this an accessible time for people! :)

Ejsponge61 said:

March 16th, 12:05 pm

I would so do this! Too bad Home blocks out everyone under 18. -_- If I was only 3 years older!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 16th, 12:22 pm

You only have to be 13 years or older to enter PlayStation Home.

Theater 8 where ‘The Tester’ plays is not age-gated for mature content. Hope to see you there!

GuitarrassDeAmor said:

March 16th, 12:06 pm

Eh…I’ll pass…

LokeSTL said:

March 16th, 12:08 pm

@Kevin Furuichi or Jeff Rubenstein

When I log into Playstation.com and check my trophies, Star Ocean and FFXIII don’t show up in the “My trophies” section. The trophies are counted in the totals, but I can’t view or compare those two games. Would you please have someone look into it?

FredNation said:

March 16th, 12:09 pm

It’s going to be hard to find them thou!

litobirdy said:

March 16th, 12:09 pm

I dont get it, this was filmed late 2009 so how are we supposed to ask someone questions about soemthing that already finished? and they have to act like they still in it?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 16th, 12:25 pm

This is a ‘virtual’ appearance similar to the way contestants show up during a season’s run to talk about their experiences on the show…except this will be done via text and avatars.

yingyangdr96 said:

March 16th, 12:10 pm

Where?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 16th, 12:26 pm

PlayStaion Home, Theater 8
    Wednesday, March 17, 9 PM EDT/6 PM PDT

Nightmare142 said:

March 16th, 12:11 pm

hmmmmmm… ok

triple_lei said:

March 16th, 12:13 pm

Pretty sure I’ll be showing up… And how the heck do I resubscribe to Qore??

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 16th, 12:29 pm

You should see a subscription icon appear in the the Qore category page (under the Media section) the month AFTER your subscription expires. If you subscribed last March, you won’t see a subscription icon until April.

Does that help?

Rumbanana said:

March 16th, 12:16 pm

Eh, I think “The Tester” is a dud. What really makes a reality show great is the fact that there is always someone that is so crazy, stupid or evil that it makes it entertaining. There’s just no personality…

ClubNeon said:

March 16th, 12:21 pm

I’m pretty sure Doc has aspergers, or at a minimum has never learned social skills. He’s so creepy.

Bionicle123 said:

March 16th, 12:24 pm

I think people get eliminated too quickly & the challenge have nothing to do with gaming. I wanna see STAR play Guitar Hero to see if shes better than me.

canadianstryker said:

March 16th, 12:33 pm

I think Doc should’ve gone, and Luge should’ve stayed. Sorry but Luge is more serious, Doc jokes around ALL the time. He’s more annoying than funny, he also hasn’t done any of the physical work yet. He flung the footballs and used the megaphone. Get him running and lets see him fall in a more glorious fashion than Big D.

Conrad_Max said:

March 16th, 12:35 pm

I’ll be there to show support to the contestants, to The Tester and to Home.

To me, The Tester is a simple and fun program to watch. It’s only about thirty minutes long and only has one commercial (at the very beginning so that it doesn’t interfere with the program).

I do hope that The Tester will have second and third seasons and beyond. There are many people who do not have the money or means to ask for a job with SCEA. The Tester gives them the opportunity to compete for a highly sought job from amongst thousands of gamers.

And not only that, contestants will be forever immortalized with their name and face on a tee shirt in PlayStation Home. Now that;s worth the effort of being on The tester!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 16th, 12:42 pm

Nicely stated. Hope you enjoy Episode 5 tomorrow.

BlooodyCow said:

March 16th, 12:35 pm

@Kevin Furuichi
I have a small request. Can you guys get series “LIFE” from Discovery on the video store or Playstation HOME after each episode air on TV? I would love to have each episode on my PS3 after the air

*http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/life/

JMHM007 said:

March 16th, 12:36 pm

sounds pretty sweet. I’ll check it out if I remember!

alekz2539 said:

March 16th, 12:38 pm

But being a tester is not only of gaming well, is about having a good critical eye which can catch the most of the details, and if u gonna work for any company… believe me, they want people with leadership, comunication hability and somebody which can make the best team work…

If you play well… just that, you just play well but doesn’t make you the right guy for the job…

phrozen123 said:

March 16th, 12:41 pm

Doc and luge are the only reson I watch tester cuz doc is funny and luge has a strong posative behavior towords each challange

OnionMan said:

March 16th, 12:47 pm

huh, interesting.

OnionMan said:

March 16th, 12:49 pm

I guess I’ll be installing Home tonight.

phrozen123 said:

March 16th, 12:49 pm

I’m glad they fixed load time for playstation home let’s also hope that it’s the real doc and luge and not just sum other dudes who are just pretending lol they can’t tell any info about anything that happend after episode 4 even tho they finished the tester in late 2009

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

March 16th, 12:52 pm

He’s actually a paramedic and fireman, but is so passionate about the industry that he put it on the line for this unknown show. Some folks are turned off by his larger-than-life personality, but the man’s got a heart of gold.

tetsou9shima said:

March 16th, 12:56 pm

Is there a special name to add so we can get connected to the correct server?

Conrad_Max said:

March 16th, 1:04 pm

Kevin Furuichi | March 16th, 2010 at 12:42 pm
“Nicely stated. Hope you enjoy Episode 5 tomorrow.”

Thank you. I’m sure I will. I even managed to get my Wife to watch the show. Though she ocassionally plays, she’s not as interested in gaming as I am.

black_spider15 said:

March 16th, 1:05 pm

Count me out, worst thing I have ever layed eyes upon. It makes game testing out to be a Yoga class! What were you thinking PS?

Chat0076 said:

March 16th, 1:07 pm

This makes me not want to be a tester.

icereaver said:

March 16th, 1:10 pm

Eh no…

I’m sorry but I wanted to like the show, but it’s pretty bad, lets be honest here. I keep watching it for the reason I’d watch a B movie. Not because it has a great story, cast or any compelling reason to see it through, but because its so hilarious bad you can’t look away. Is that the hook?

This is the only show I’ve ever seen that features gamers, features people that make games, but has completely nothing to do with playing games. Um miss fire?

ShatteredRaven77 said:

March 16th, 1:17 pm

Kevin – (from #16)

That’s cool. Being a paramedic & a fire fighter are very good things. There’s no argument as to how big his heart is, or the integrity he puts into his work.

But if I was having a heart attack, or my place was on fire, i wouldn’t want someone who eats Beerios for breakfast. I’m pretty sure the bigwigs at Sony wouldn’t want something like that either. I’m just saying, it was a [DELETED] move that begged the audience for his attention.

~ The Shattered Raven ~

Fabrizio_C said:

March 16th, 1:28 pm

I hate that Doc guy! I can’t stand it. It’s so childish and always looking for attention. I just want him to get out of the Tester as soon as possible!

gobriere48 said:

March 16th, 1:28 pm

yeah this should be funny seeing them being made fun of

NEJI64 said:

March 16th, 1:44 pm

WOW. i thought i was the only one who think Doc is a [DELETED]. i cant believe he started crying.

Israel1948 said:

March 16th, 1:46 pm

Doc is a paramedic and fireman? Did not know that.

Mattchewie said:

March 16th, 1:59 pm

Kinda odd to have this in the theater yes? I figured this would be more suited to the gamer lounge.

At any rate! Good to see some X over between HOME and TESTER!

chris79nc said:

March 16th, 2:14 pm

I’ll be there.i live in HighPoint,nc /USA.
i WISH that i could have been on The Tester.
I’m good when it comes to beating video games.
Most of the time i can beat a game the first day i get it.

PS: “Weebellion”
I have both codes,but can’y fine that little Leprechaun at all.
=-(

willynews said:

March 16th, 2:48 pm

we’ll be there. I would like to meet Fame Girl

WestSiide said:

March 16th, 3:04 pm

wtf is a beerIo?

cronqvist said:

March 16th, 3:06 pm

Damn it, I have class tomorrow! Luge was my fave of the show ( <3 ), and Doc seems like a really cool guy. Maybe I can skip class and instead stay "Home"?

Hobartbob said:

March 16th, 3:32 pm

I want beerios!!!!

bow7 said:

March 16th, 3:35 pm

I haven’t been following the Tester but I think this is a good use for Home. The way I look at Home is that it is a way to get people to interact. I figure there should be more of this. I would be more interested to hear from or be able to chat with developers though. Or maybe the people from the GT Academy.

gettinmoney662 said:

March 16th, 3:45 pm

Man, I got such a crush on Luge but there’s probably gonna be like 10 thousand people there, no thanks.

Kirkpad said:

March 16th, 3:58 pm

Once again, the tester is awesome. I was laughing and holding my face the entire LARP.

Jeanse27 said:

March 16th, 3:59 pm

Try pufferios!!!

RozeEagle said:

March 16th, 4:01 pm

ANSWER PLEASE

I don’t know about this show. I’ve seen all of the episodes so far (until episode 4) and I’m unsure about it because of the boring challenges. I mean I expected awesome tournaments between the contestants, I expected awesome gameplay and LAN PS3 battles between teams… I got 2 fat retards running around in hamster balls and playing dress-up to impress some grown men. I don’t know, but where are the actual PS3 controller-handling battles… is (was) there even going to be any of that!? (I mean I know the seasons over already) so just tell me now, were there any game-playing challenges… like videogame playing.

Danny_Death said:

March 16th, 4:14 pm

i wonder how many people will be there tommrow? :O

rochha said:

March 16th, 4:21 pm

those people look weird

mdd34 said:

March 16th, 4:35 pm

People are so whiny. The show is free. Dont watch it if you dont like it. Home is free. Dont use it if you dont like it.

I like the Tester ok. Seems kinda cheap, but it has a charm. Should be more involved with game competition though.

Anyway, people need to lay off Doc. Seems like a good dude to me.

Kanedas_Bike said:

March 16th, 4:44 pm

Hey Guys, Doc here.
Ty you all so much for supporting The Tester. A lot of work went into putting this out for you to watch. I look forward to awnsering all your questions. I loving gaming for many reasons, that’s why I was happy that Sony picked me to be a part of this. Gaming is a passion and being on this show was like going to gamer summer camp. I hope you enjoy the rest of this season with only 4 more episodes to go.

PAGE 1 2 3