PS4 - Destiny

3D Dot Game Heroes Walkthrough

Chris Morell's Avatar + Posted by Chris Morell on Mar 17, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

You’ve heard about natural sword enhancement. Over on the PlayStation.Blog.Europe you can see the most interesting hero in 3D.

Now we know what you REALLY want. An extended in-game walkthrough of 3D Dot Game Heroes. Well, your old pal Aram Jabbari from Atlus was kind enough to swing by our HQ, and prop himself in front of our camera with the game. Now that’s a big-ass sword!

Don’t forget, 3D Dot Game Heroes hits PS3 May 11 for $39.99. But I’m sure you’ll hear from Mr. Jabbari well before then.

PAGE 1 2

+ yostane on March 17th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

great thanks

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 17th, 2010 at 10:19 pm said:

No problem. But thank Aram. He’s the man with the real power.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 18th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Oh, pshaw.

+ InFaMoUs1- on March 17th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Great walkthrough, you really get a feel of the game when watching it. I can’t wait to play the game, as a kid I loved The Legend of Zelda series on the Gameboy Color, so a game like this is definitely worth it.

+ Craazy on March 17th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Uh day 1 for sure…..still no word on pre-order bonuses?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 18th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Craazy,

Still no updates. A bonus item is looking unlikely at this point, but as we’ve said before, the game launches with an attractive $39.99 price point, something we view as a nice bonus. :)

+ TenaciousMoses on March 17th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Hells yes! I had no idea it was so much like Zelda. Fantastic price, too!

+ NelsonXVCT on March 17th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Ahhh I thought this game would be in S-3D judging from the title.
Then I saw the release date, still thinking it meant S-3D and got all hyped up for a May S-3D PS3 update.
haha, but it might happen it either June or July ;)

+ Roxaxis on March 17th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

DAY 1 for me!!!!

+ mywhitenoise on March 17th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Doesn’t look that interesting to me…but then again neither did Demon’s Souls, and that ended up being my most played game and possibly favorite title of 2009.

I’ll buy this game for it’s price, and appreciation of Atlus and From Software.

+ Nintendo451 on March 17th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Here are 8 of the various loading screens that we know of so far:

Game looks great! Definitely trying to budget my money so I can pick it up in May.

+ Onarum on March 17th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

heh, “dragons consider HIM a boss”, good stuff.

I’ll get this for sure, won’t be day one but eventually, in may I’m already getting red dead redemption, and my budget is limited…

+ reson8er on March 17th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

I’m all over this.

On a side note, Chris would you happen to know any word on if/when we will be getting Demon’s Souls Dynamic Theme’s and or Avatars?

Thanks dude!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 17th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

I haven’t heard anything reson8er, but I can check in and ask.

+ Aku_San on March 17th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

This is a must-buy for me. Love it.

+ JetSetFuture on March 17th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

A great value at $40, especially for a potential “Game of the Year” candidate.

+ JimmyChaos on March 17th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

It’s ZELDA! Say it! Say it and get sued!!! lol

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 17th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

You get slashed with that uber sword!

+ Frejim on March 17th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

Day 3 for me!!!! =(

any hint on trophies?

+ KICK-IN-THE-HEAD on March 17th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Wow, explicit ripoff of the Legend of Zelda from NES.

+ B-Real206 on March 17th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

+1 for the super duper awesome price of 39.99, I will pick this up for sure!!

+ rAdIOhEad73 on March 17th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

So looking forward to this game, I don’t care if is a rip-off of a “N” game. I’ll be playing this on my PS3 day 1!

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 17th, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

Now that’s the spirit!

+ MikoNeko on March 17th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

How hard could it have been to turn off that annoying light which causes the reflection?

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Chris Morell on March 17th, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

Ouch! As you can tell, I moved the camera about a minute in.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 18th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

The light switch was behind a game of demon’s souls, so it would have been the hardest thing ever.

+ KillerDante on March 17th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I cant wait for it. Is there a way to exchange our creations of the characters we make to our friends?

+ Sindred on March 17th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I just want you guys to know that you have my permission to port this to PSP at any point in time.

Day 1 on PS3.

+ perrandy on March 17th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

@ jabbari i’m going to say with honesty that as cool as this game is.this game is not for me,however i will definately support you guys with hexyz force.btw, i already received the metal slug prize.so, thank you for that! :0)

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 18th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

Glad to hear you got your prize, and thank you for supporting us. Hopefully, the more you hear about 3DDGH, the more you’ll like it!

+ BlooodyCow on March 17th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

I did not realize that this game is coming out this May. Consider this a buy

+ Charles_Surge on March 17th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Yeah, yeah! Atlus rocks!
I will be pre-ordering this sometime because it’s awesome and $40 is a price-point worth supporting.

+ morningdrive on March 17th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

this game looks awesome and I will probably be picking it up till summer just because I am short on cash right now. But you definetly will be receiving my money!

Off-Topic. Is there any word on Persona 5?

+ tiredminds on March 17th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

Already pre ordered. This one looks great!

+ ezequiel041087 on March 17th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

good afternoon friends

I have several concerns with my ps3 slim, when I use the commands wirelessly connect the ps3 and not have to use more mind to the charging cable that I would like to know happened to me and another question when Introdusca a video game in the ps3 slim I frisa the ps3 slim and I have to turn off and on so you can watch the game. friends like me because I responded to those questions.

+ footballrule on March 17th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

This is going to be on the PSN Store right? If so, i just might buy it.

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 18th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

Footballrule,

3D Dot Game Heroes is a full retail product only. It’s bigger than you think, and wouldn’t make a lot of sense as a downloadable game. Hope you’re still interested!

+ SarshelYam on March 17th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

ATLUS…you love us!

+ lostinplainsight on March 17th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

OMG OMG OMG over 100 load screens! i am so buying this. I can see myself now sitting there and waiting. AWESOME!!!!!

+ Korbei83 on March 17th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

I have a completely uncreepy and unthreatening man-crush on Aram Jabbari. Don’t tell Kevin Butler.

(BTW PS Blog types, logging in still has issues on Google Chrome. Had to switch to.. *shudder*.. IE)

+ Callahan09 on March 17th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Downright awesome. Please keep supporting the PS3, Atlus, the console wouldn’t be the same without you.

+ sdmf4ever on March 17th, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

I have this already pre-ordered and can’t wait to see how close of a resemblance it is to Zelda gameplay. I am sure there is a lot of similarities, but I believe the game will be able to make it on its own merits with all the newer generation tech implemented into it. The game just looks simply Awesome with a Zelda flair but all in its own way. Taking a somewhat different approach towards a Zelda like game has been a long time coming and I await with glee. The only thing better than this would be if it were coming out on PSP as well. Hopefully, enough people hear about this title and take the plunge because I am sure it will bring back a lot of memories and experiences for some. And, it would be a shame if it didn’t do well…here’s hoping!

+ cool_trainer on March 17th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

already pre-ordered

+ Einhander138 on March 17th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

So – will the Japanese DLC be included on the disc or are you going to gouge us?

+ Neil on March 17th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

I have my pre-order in.

+ GiordanoTJ on March 17th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Awesome video! Can’t wait to play this! I’ll pre-order as soon as I have the money (and I hope there will be some pre-order bonuses by the time I do)

+ phinnv8 on March 17th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

The game looks neat and I might get it if there is enough content to justify the $40 price but my main complaint is that HUGE sword makes it look too easy.

+ SpiritThief on March 17th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

No thanks on the video.

I want to explore and break things and build things and break some more things myself:D

+ NatiGame on March 17th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

ohhhhh yeeeeeaaaahhhhhh. Gotta have this Game!!!!!

+ Thrasher20 on March 17th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

I’m going to expect A LOT of Zelda :)
Thank you Atlus, I will definitely buy this game first day :D

+ Slythex on March 17th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

Had this pre-ordered since December.

I should just send Atlus my wallet in the mail. They never fail to impress me.

+ BEASTXJASON on March 17th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

This I didnt import because I knew atlus was bringing it over. Been dying for this since day 1. They did a gr8 job with demons souls so I know this will be all good. Shame theres no special edition.

+ You_Out on March 17th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Well Atlus, I think you just found yourself another customer.

How can I say no to this when the game is priced at a whopping $40? That is a steal. I want you guys to give me the answer while I go and preorder this.

+ adolson on March 17th, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

I hope they make a Metroid game next!

+ IrishPete333 on March 17th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

I will definitely be getting this, my girlfriend is going to love it also! Thanks Atlus, you guys rock out with your ROOSTER out!

+ explosive78 on March 17th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

I love the comedy in this. Will get this.

+ rochha on March 17th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

gee thanks. I will never buy it though

Chris Morell's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on March 18th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

Never say never, rochha!

+ JumpMan33 on March 17th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

If this game had a make your own dungeon feature where others could download your dungeon you made then I would play this game forever! I would love to see something like that as DLC or in a sequel.

Thanks for the video, I can’t wait to pick this up May 11.

+ PullusPardusUS on March 17th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Atlus is the most interesting developer in real life.
Stay Awesome my friends.

+ Doomer112290 on March 17th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Already Preordered! Can’t wait. Looks awesome.

PAGE 1 2