PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Motion Comic Bundle, Rika and Pinkerton Skins Launch on April 1

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Mar 17, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

Since the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra motion comic series was released on the PlayStation Store late last year, we’ve gotten a ton of questions asking if the Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton multiplayer skins – which were made available in Europe as part of a bundle – would soon be available to our community in the US and other parts of North America.

We can let you know today that the answer is YES!

UNCHARTED Rika Raja Multiplayer Skin UNCHARTED Daniel Pinkerton Multiplayer Skin

When the PlayStation Store updates on Thursday, April 1 (we’re not joking), the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle will be available for purchase for $2.49.

What if you have already purchased all or some of Eye of Indra Episodes 2, 3, and 4? Fear not, we have you covered.

Here’s what’s going to happen:

• On Thursday, April 1, UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Episodes 2, 3, and 4 will be TEMPORARILY removed from the Store
  • ANYONE who purchased ALL THREE Episodes (#2, 3, and 4) prior to 12:01 AM, April 1, will receive an e-mail on April 8 containing a PSN voucher code good for the FREE download of the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle INCLUDING the Rika and Pinkerton multiplayer skins.

*IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to receive the email with your voucher code, you MUST make sure that your PSN account has a valid and working email address associated with your PSN ID. You must also make sure that you have the option to receive marketing communications checked.

• If you want the Rika and Pinkerton skins and have NOT purchased all 3 individual episodes yet, you MUST do so before all the episodes are temporarily removed on April 1.
  • Starting April 1, the ONLY way to receive the Rika and Pinkerton skins is to purchase the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle. Buying individual episodes after this date will not make you eligible to receive the voucher code for the Bundle and skins.
  • The individual episodes will return to the Store on April 15 for $0.99 each.

We’re really excited to finally be able to share the Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton skins with our fans in North America. Many thanks are also in order to SCEA for putting in all the extra effort to make sure everyone who have already purchased all of the Eye of Indra episodes will receive the Rika and Pinkerton skins!

Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below and we’ll do our best to answer as many of them as we can with as little bold text as possible.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ syk1288 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

I saw people with these costumes a long time ago.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

These were released on Europe in December, as I pointed out in the blog post above, but not in North America. We’ve had a lot of questions wondering when they would be arriving on the shores here. Now that time has come.

+ igniteryan on March 17th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

Sweet!!!!

+ Butters360 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

Suhweet!

+ ROFLdrg on March 17th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

About time… >.>

+ Andrefpvs on March 17th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Hello Arne!

How is the smoothing up of the Uncharted 2 stats page going? It’s been taking 2 to 3 days to update with new matches and medals won.

Cheers.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

I mentioned this to Dogs who look over our servers yesterday, I haven’t heard back yet, but we are looking into that.

+ oFelipeNFo on March 17th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

hey there i just wanted to ask if after april 15 the bundle will still be available?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

Yes, the bundle will be available from April 1 forward. It will not be removed when the individual episodes are added back.

+ Butters360 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

I have a question: Will the voucher code have an expiration date?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Yes they do. They will expire a year from release of the Bundle on the PSN store — April 1,2011

+ Sponge-worthy on March 17th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

Cool bonus, as I did purchase the episodes separately.

Also, maybe include a link to the account management stuff so that folks can easily double-check their email settings?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

Great suggestion! We updated the blog post above to include a link to your e-mail preferences to make sure you’re opted in.

+ iComet on March 17th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

ONLY available until April 1? Aww…

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

The individual episodes will be back on April 15! They’ll be off the PSN store only for 2 weeks.

+ oFelipeNFo on March 17th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

thanks

+ texas_ride on March 17th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

thanks for coming back and giving the bonus to those of who already bought the episodes individually. that brings a little tear to my eye …

+ xXOLMOXx on March 17th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

GREEEEEEEEEEAT WE WANT KRATOS ZEUS OR ANY TITAN SKIN PLEASE

+ xXOLMOXx on March 17th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

AND A METAL GEAR SKIN BUNDLE TOOOOOO

+ Dengarde on March 17th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

FINALLY. I’ve been wanting that Pinkerton skin.

Question though, why is it that I have to wait a week for the code, since I already bought the three episodes?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

Because the PSN team won’t be pulling accounts/e-mails to everyone who have purchased all the episodes until they are taken down on April 1 so we can make sure we don’t miss anyone.

After that, pulling the account info, cross-checking, generating the voucher codes for you, prepping and sending the e-mail, etc. all take a little time.

+ starBlinky01 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

Well I loved the free Eye of Indra version, I was going to buy them all, but the 1st one I bought was like half as long as the first one.. I felt kinda ripped off. So I didn’t buy any more.

+ xXOLMOXx on March 17th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Naughty Dog take notes voooooooooooooooote

+ Kchow23 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

Will these be available in the Canadian PSN Store?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

YES. We mentioned it in the blog post “We have one last bit of good news – the UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra Bundle will also be released on April 1 in Canada and Mexico, via your local PlayStation Store.”

+ Kevinistight on March 17th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

Glad to hear your responses Arne..
Any word on fixing the 1.06 update?

Other than that nice idea with the skins.

+ ykiki5 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

This is great news. Been waiting on this one since last winter when the bundle was hinted at in the Blog post announcing “Eye of Indra”. Great to see my wait has finally paid off.

+ Athanasios on March 17th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

It would be awesome to allow users to apply their favorite player skins while in a survival or gold rush co-op game.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

We’ve definitely heard this request before — we’re taking that into serious consideration here, if we can apply it to a future update.

+ acerazer1 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

I LOVE YOU NAUGHTY DOG

+ Kchow23 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Thank you Naughty Dog!

+ Kchow23 on March 17th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

P.S Where is the “Replies” area that used to be beside Comments?

+ emiru69 on March 17th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

Nice! This is a great idea because everyone wins:

1) People like me that paid for the episodes get the skins for free.
2) People who didn’t get the episodes have 2 options: get them now and get the skins for free or wait and get the episodes cheaper.

If I understand this correctly sounds great!

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

You’ve got it exactly right. We did all we could to make sure everyone wins!

+ Kevinistight on March 17th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

yeah is sounds great but multiplayer still [DELETED] sucks after 1.06

+ remanutd5 on March 17th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

i would love to play as Kratos lol

+ Kirkpad on March 17th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Umm more villain skins? LAME!

I have beat both Uncharted 1 and 2 twice and I do not recognize this Rika chick.

Wait.. maybe she’s from the comic story. YOU SHOULD TELL US THAT.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

1 Hero skin (Rika) and 1 Villain skin (Pinkerton) actually.

I thought it was pretty obvious they’re part of the webcomic since they ONLY come with purchase of the webcomic episodes or bundle. Especially since this post is about both.

+ DARK_JAK_911 on March 17th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Hey Arne, great news about the skins. Any news about if or when the spawns will be fixed? People are constantly spawning right near me after I kill them or I’ll spawn right in front of 2-3 enemies and get mowed down.

Also, I’ve had a friend request pending with you for about 2 weeks. Your friends list can’t be full if my request went through. Could you please reply to it?

Thanks.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Spawns — that’s definitely being worked on. I’ll have more info that I’ll be posting on naughtydog.com about the spawns and a few other things hopefully later today.

I’ve been lax in checking my FL requests, sorry. I’ve just been hopping on to see how the changes play out on the live game and stuff. I’ll get around to it this week.

+ Capt-Fury- on March 17th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Christophe Balestra in motion suit for UC3! hes like a french Dicrapio anyways!

+ emiru69 on March 17th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

I got my first answer in the playstation blog!! (I know, I’m easy to please). Are you guys planning any map based in the motion comic? I think a multiplayer map in the beach or in the bar were Nathan Drake is drinking will be really cool! Kind of “summer maps” flavour! Thanks for your great job, I was pleased with the motion comic and I love great voice acting!

+ Denuq on March 17th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

any news on when we will be getting dlc for co-op mode? all this stuff for mp is nice and that but alot us like playing co-op more, please do skin packs for the co-op mode

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

We’ve been looking at how we could implement allowing you to choose your skins in co-op, since it’s a feature that’s been requested quite a bit.

+ KILLZONE79 on March 17th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

lol, release on april fools day

your not tricking us naughty dog lol

+ GoGunner24 on March 17th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Thank you for not forgetting us that purchased the episodes when they came out.

+ VincentVendetta on March 17th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

Well, I just watched Eye of Indra and… it sucks.
Sucks big time.

+ Dengarde on March 17th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Ah, I see. I wasn’t trying to complain, I was just wondering.

Thanks for answering, Arne ;) Also thanks for ensuring that this isn’t some April 1st joke. I’ve had so many dreams crushed because of my favorite company’s making jokes like that :(

+ Denuq on March 17th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

thanks for reply Arne, fingers crossed then :D

+ Curtisio on March 17th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

I bought the animated comics; however, I didn’t buy the game. Seems you’re trying to waving a carrot in front of me…

+ Rated-G on March 17th, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

Thanks Naughty Dog. Things like this really encourage me to support your work. Not to mention the astounding quality of your games. As an animator your studio is one of the only ones tempting me to venture into the game industry. I’d love to work on one of your games, and be a part of it.

I love that you guys continue to support your game, a lot of studios would take their awards home and call it a day, but you guys still try to perfect perfection. I can’t help but admire and appreciate that.

That being said… OMG Finally! I thought those skins would NEVER get here!

+ Keira84 on March 17th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

Very cool. I’ve bought the comics already and am happy to be getting these skins now.
Do I just need to mark the checkbox to allow marketing materials from SCE? Or do I need to mark both checkboxes? I’d think only the SCE one.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

It’s past 5pm so I can’t double check, but I’m pretty certain you only have to mark the SCE checkbox as this e-mail communication is going to come from SCE only.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 17th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

So I have bought one episode a few months back for $0.99, all I have to do is buy the other two before April 1st, and I will get an e-mail on April 8th with my new skins? Do I have that all correct?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

That’s correct

+ jhl74 on March 17th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

The girl has a face of an ape. Does it hurt you to make her at least remotely attractive? Don’t try to tell me that you guys were trying to make her look authentically asian. She looks more like a monkey-human half breed.

+ DNAgent on March 17th, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

Skins are way too late and there are much better ones now. Not to mention all the Eye of Indra episodes are on youtube now.

+ blazin_red on March 17th, 2010 at 6:46 pm said:

*SPOILERS for Motion Comic*

Why is Rika a Hero? I thought she betrayed Nate and Eddy at the end of the last episode?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

Because we didn’t want to spoil the story… which, um, you did. Kdding.

+ xZerox_123 on March 17th, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

^ I don’t understand what this means. Do I have to buy the individual episodes to get the skins or can I just buy the bundle that comes with the episodes and the skins?

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 7:30 pm said:

You just have to buy the bundle.

The point to that statement was, if you only bought 1 or 2 out of 3 episodes and you don’t want to re-buy it with the bundle, you can still get the skins if you buy the other episodes you were missing.

+ Ashitaka96 on March 17th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

You don’t make them easy to find. The US store is oddly organized. The only way, I’ve found, to find them aside from using the search function is to find the Uncharted 2 section under “view all by title”. Their are other digital comics in the store. They could all very easily be placed under the “media” category.

Also on a similar note why is Adhoc Party under PSP add-ons? If anything it should be under PS3 add-ons, since it runs on the PS3 not the PSP. I’ve noticed some people being confused as to where it is in the store as a result.

+ xZerox_123 on March 17th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Also, will we ever be able to buy Baseball Shirt Drake, Prakoso the Pirate, The Dead Explorer and Doughnut Lazarevic from the Playstation Store?

+ KwietStorm on March 17th, 2010 at 7:17 pm said:

Am I confused, or am I correct in understanding that I actually have to wait a week longer for the skins just because I bought your product early? Seriously though.

+ Arne Meyer on March 17th, 2010 at 7:31 pm said:

You’re correct, up on comment #14 I stated why:

+ Newhawner on March 17th, 2010 at 7:35 pm said:

It’s nice to see updates long after the game has lanched!!!!\\°¦.\\>›»º¤*

+ lenandude on March 17th, 2010 at 7:35 pm said:

This isn’t on the subject of what the post is about, but this game needs custom soundtracks online. I love this game’s multiplayer, but I would play a lot more if it had custom soundtracks and I know a lot of players other than me would really appreciate it. And if for some reason you can’t add custom soundtracks, please give us a reason.

+ Arne Meyer on March 18th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

We’re not able to add custom soundtracks to our online play for technical reasons now that the game has shipped. Sorry!

PAGE 1 2 3