PS4-Watch_Dogs

echoshift Add-on Levels Free Through April 1

Brian Chou's Avatar + Posted by Brian Chou on Mar 18, 2010 // SCEA Marketing Specialist

Hi Everyone – I have some exciting news to share with you today about echoshift, one of the most unique puzzle games available for the PSP on PSN. The development team created seven extra levels full of the challenging puzzles and gimmicks that make the full game so much fun! Best of all, SCEA is offering these to our fans for FREE, but only for a limited time.

Beginning with today’s PlayStation Store publish and lasting until April 1, PSN users who have yet to purchase the echoshift game will find a bundle offer on the PlayStation Store. The bundle offer includes the full game plus all seven extra add-on levels for the original price of $14.99! Now is a great time to try echoshift’s innovative take on puzzle games, where you have to create echoes of your actions that you’ll replay and cooperate with to solve challenging puzzles. To learn more about the game, check out our previous posts.

Here’s a sneak peek at some of the mind-bending add-on levels:

echoshift level pack shot 2

echoshift level pack shot 3 echoshift level pack shot 1

Pretty cool huh? This is the first time these levels have been available in SCEA, and this offer is only good until April 1!

For those fans who have already bought echoshift and have been enjoying the game, don’t worry we’ve got you covered too! When you sign into the PlayStation Store using the PSN ID that you purchased echoshift with, you’ll see the “echoshift Add-on Levels” content available for free in the “echoshift” page under “view all”. This offer is also only available from March 18 – April 1 though, so hurry and download them before they’re gone!

Thanks for reading!

echoshift level pack shot 4

+ R3DD_666 on March 18th, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

First i think. lol imma try it out now

+ Frejim on March 18th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

sounds good!

+ h4l0fw1nt3r on March 18th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

Pretty sweet

+ ThisIsInsane on March 18th, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

Meh, I didn’t like echochrome… I probably won’t be buying this game, even with the extra content… You’re adding this content because you must be having trouble selling it, right? Well, this isn’t enough to get me to buy it…

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on March 18th, 2010 at 7:56 am said:

Instead of comparing to echochrome, have you tried downloading the echoshift demo?

+ letherclad on March 18th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

The game is a lot of fun, thanks for supporting it!

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 19th, 2010 at 12:05 am said:

Glad you like it, enjoy these new levels!

+ reson8er on March 18th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

Well its enough to get ME to buy it. I was actually holding out on picking this up specifically because I noticed the UK store getting free levels with no word on an NA equivalent. Now that I know they are here, I will pick this up today.

For those who have not tried this, I hight suggest you try out the demo on PSN, this game is highly reminiscent of the Time Puzzles in Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time. Super fun brain teasers, that will really make you think.

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 19th, 2010 at 12:03 am said:

Thanks for the support, I hope you enjoy the full game!

+ JoSu3_R_BaNQueRi on March 18th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

oh yea

+ megamixer on March 18th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

What? Free for only a limited time? That isn’t how its worked for other regions. Well in any case I’ve been waiting for these so I’ll grab them right away along with Patchwork! :)

+ Jetup on March 18th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

Are these levels the same as the EU levels?

+ SpiritThief on March 18th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

Would get this on PS3. PSP no thank you. blah to that machine.

+ ThisIsInsane on March 18th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

Yeah, I tried the demo, but it still wasn’t worth $15… Although, how many levels does it have? I might get it, but it really depends on how many levels it has….

+ AriesWarlock on March 18th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

Hey Jeff, how about bringing echocrome back to $5 to ignite interest in echoshift? :)

+ Thrasher20 on March 18th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Sounds good. I liked echochrome :)

+ crazybaste on March 18th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

sounds good but what is the difference between echochrome and echoshift

+ ThisIsInsane on March 18th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

Echochrome is where you adjust the view to make it look like one platform connects to another. Echoshift is where you have previous “ghosts” open doors for you, and stuff like that. Personally, Echoshift sounds cooler then Echochrome, but it’s also more expensive. I may be getting it, not sure…

+ megamixer on March 18th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

@ThisIsInsane
echoshift has 56 levels and there are 3 modes of play for each.

+ triple_lei on March 18th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

I’m loving echoshift so far. Great graphics, subtle (and great) music changes as you progress, and I can’t help but be reminded of Naruto with all those shadow clones!

Glad the add-ons are free!

+ Lucky13X on March 18th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

I would get this, but I no longer have a PSP with no plans currently to get one. Thanks for the offer though.

+ ThisIsInsane on March 18th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

@magemixer #16
Oh 56 levels? I guess that’s excluding the extra 7 with this add-on? I might have to consider this now. Thanks for your help. What are the different modes?

Brian Chou's Avatar

+ Brian Chou on March 19th, 2010 at 12:11 am said:

There are 3 different modes for each level: “cast”, “key”, and “illusion”. “Cast” mode puts a time limit on you to reach the level’s exit. When you start off, only “cast” mode is available, but you unlock the other two as you progress. “Key” mode locks the door at the goal, so you need to find the key to clear the level. “Illusion” mode lets you stop the timer briefly and freeze each echo, but you can still advance forward, which can be handy when you are running out of time near the goal.

+ JumpMan33 on March 19th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

I want to get this game, but I rather get a UMD version. so it bums me out knowing that places outside the US are getting this game on UMD. Why is the US the only place where games like this and EoJ:L are downloadable titles where the rest of the world gets to buy it on disk?

+ Milagra on March 19th, 2010 at 11:35 pm said:

I did not like Echochrome and was very skeptical about Echoshift until I tried the demo. I was incredibly surprised by how much more interesting and fun Echoshift was than its predecessor. Those who, like me, were disappointed in Echochrome but enjoy logic puzzles should definitely give Echoshift a try.

+ martoparto1 on March 31st, 2010 at 2:52 am said:

Hey, guys! I downloaded the all levels, but i don’t know how to play them. Please help!