PS4-The Order

First MAG DLC free, coming next week

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Mar 18, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

On behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, I’m pleased to announce that beginning March 25, our first official MAG downloadable add-on will be made available to players worldwide absolutely free of charge!

Dubbed the “Trooper Gear Pack,” our first DLC addition to the MAG universe will offer a number of cool goodies for veterans and first timers alike. Out of everything in the pack, the most popular will likely be the oft-requested “Flashbang Grenade” that can be used to confuse, disorient or distract your enemies in a single throw.

flashbang

Of course, there’s more to the Trooper Gear Pack than Flashbangs. We’ll also be including new special edition Light Machine Guns for each PMC. Raven’s APEX 100SE, SVER’s RTK-74 Vla, and Valor’s Mk 46 Mod 1 weapons will provide both a new look for your favorite LMGs and a number of performance adjustments as well.

valor mk46 sver rtk 74 raven ultimax

The last element of the pack will be two additional uniforms – “Trooper Dark” and “Trooper Light.” Available to all three PMCs, these uniforms are specifically designed for urban and interior combat situations and give you two more aesthetic options to diversify your character with.

black light clothing green light clothing red blue

The best part of the Trooper Gear Pack? It’s just the beginning of our ongoing commitment to MAG. In the coming months, you can expect to see plenty of other add-ons and goodies that we can’t quite tell you about yet (but know you’ll enjoy).

But that’s not all. To commemorate the release of our DLC, we want to throw in a little extra. And so, as a thank you to all of our fans, we’re offering Double XP to any and all MAG players starting March 25. Simply log in at 12am Pacific/ 3am Eastern/ 8am GMT and play MAG as you normally would. Every time you complete a game your experience doubles, and yes, this bonus stacks for Veterans who already have an XP bonus to begin with! Just make sure you actually complete the games you play – if you quit early, your bonus won’t apply.

Expect the Double XP promotion to run until 11:59pm Pacific time on Sunday, March 28. Be sure to take advantage of it as much as you possibly can until then.

For more MAG-related news, don’t forget to visit the Official MAG Blog on a regular basis, or check out our Official Zipper Interactive Twitter and Facebook pages. Enjoy your weekend everybody!

+ Jumplion on March 18th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

Pretty cool DLC, but I can’t shake the feeling that it’s just a small add-on.

I know I’m going to sound like I’m going “more more more!”, but that’s really what MAG needs. More weapons, more abilities, and ESPECIALLY more maps and more game modes. Flashbangs are good n’ all, but the real meat that MAG needs are new maps and game modes (preferably free, at least the first few ones)

+ Paz_De_La_Hoya on March 18th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

damn some of u nerds need to calm down already asking 4 new maps????? the game hasnt even been out for 2 months and ya asking 4 mad things already zipper been on top of this game since the release thank ya for that path yesterday and 4 this DLC thats free might i ad

+ dominicanyo on March 18th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

thanks zipper interactive!

+ aztec23 on March 18th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

PS Store update please

+ poodude on March 18th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

YAY! I love MAG, but sadly I haven’t much time to play it (sorry but Heavy Rain and Bioshock 2 are pretty addictive too). Now I’ll finally be able to catch up in XP. Congrats on making such a great game Zipper!

+ pielord_99 on March 18th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

hey no sticky grenades??

+ Sons-of-Helghan on March 18th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

um 8:22 pm.. update please

+ Gundersniff on March 18th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Thanks Zipper for the goodies, can’t wait for double xp weekend!

+ poweredbyzen on March 18th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

I LOVE FREE STUFF, ESPECIALLY MAG! OH, I’D LOVE TO SEE THE SPYDER SKIN FOR MY RAVEN CHARACTER AVAILABLE ON THE NETWORK SOON, OK?! STUCK WITH AN UNUSED VALOR SKIN – PFFFT!

+ pencil420 on March 18th, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

I have never been able to sign-in on the mag forums or view the leaderboard with my ps3. This isn’t a pc title!!!!!
Players Online has gone from 4500 to 1300 this week.
I’ll keep playing but there still some things that bother me.
I NEED A MEDIC

+ jimmy903 on March 18th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

Oh hells yeah!

And just want to say that I love MAG, the whole concept and game setup is just ******* great.

Need to hurry up and finish GOW III in time for this.

+ Mosh_Pit on March 18th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

Sweetness!

+ Azure-Edge on March 18th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

So will the flash grenades and LMGs have to be bought via the skill tree or will they be default equipment like what we are given at level 1?

+ trampsintrouble on March 18th, 2010 at 7:01 pm said:

cool beans

+ aVeRsioN_X on March 18th, 2010 at 7:18 pm said:

Free is always good!

+ Giru017 on March 18th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

Awesome! Zipper you guys are the best!

+ GerbilPawnz on March 18th, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

Zipper you guys never stop amazing me! Great job on MAG its fantastic! finally a FPS that requires skill and teamwork unlike pathetic games like MW2 and Halo thank you guys for supporting your game so well! :)

+ footballrule on March 18th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

Than you Zipper! No one is better than you guys! :D

+ FR0ZZ3N_PH4NT0M on March 18th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

sweet! ty so much. However i would love to see some new maps, more types of weapons and new game modes. I would love to see MAG have a snowy map. Keep up the great support!

+ GreyFox666 on March 18th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

F’n A baby yeah!! Thank you ZIT

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on March 18th, 2010 at 8:44 pm said:

Double XP FTW!!!!!! YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Cant wait, so glad i bought this game, if this is the support we can expect for MAF lifeline, iam all pumped up for it. I actually got of my chair when i saw the Double XP celebration, and the best part, DLC is FREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

+ Syrlis on March 18th, 2010 at 8:58 pm said:

thanks for the awesome update, but what happend to the full face mask from the beta? I never understood why it was removed for the offical release and expected it to be in this batch of DLC (which it was not) if zipper has abandoned the face mask for the game I would like to know why? (especially when it worked just fine having it in the beta) not the most important thing I know, but it was wayyy better than the sunglasses option you have now :(

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on March 19th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

A healthy portion of the items in the beta were there for testing purposes — so things like the balaclava were just temporary. That doesn’t meant that the possibility of revisiting those items over time is out of the question, though.

+ Astronica on March 18th, 2010 at 9:30 pm said:

Nice this will definitely motivate me to reach level 60 now xD
Thanks Jeremy and Zipper for this free DLC xD

+ RBLUETANK on March 18th, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

i only have one problems with Mag from day one and now. the first one is the xp for full rec (10 xp) 100 to 120 health and half rec (10xp) just to 50 health..why is that there is no different if you full heal someone compared to half heal…??? If you get 10 xp for half heal; you should get at least 15 xp for full heal…. when you fully heal someone they can fight off most attackers but half heal and you are usually back on your butt… please address this Zipper (Jeremy Dunham Sr. Comm Manager, Zipper Interactive) Thxs for the free DLC. I will always support you guy/girls at Zipper.

+ Zubairu on March 18th, 2010 at 11:00 pm said:

That part made me go wild of joy!

+ I-Nick- on March 18th, 2010 at 11:02 pm said:

Sweet! I’m glad to see some MAG DLC (besides the armor that was supposed to be pre-order exclusive). I just hope Zipper stays truly committed to both MAG and SOCOM 4 like they say they will. I know I’ll be playing a lot of both.

+ lyonshawk on March 18th, 2010 at 11:19 pm said:

Awesome I can’t wait to get the new DLC. I can always count on Zipper to make great games. When are new maps coming out… I hope soon.

+ Neozeed_99 on March 18th, 2010 at 11:22 pm said:

Great News double XP!

+ lmike1234 on March 19th, 2010 at 12:47 am said:

Thx.. Keep the DLC comin!..

+ S-Markt on March 19th, 2010 at 2:11 am said:

yeah, more LMGs. as if the game needs more noobweapons. why not automatically install a granadelauncher at each of them.
where are the good old days, when it has a meaning to be able to aim and not holding the weapon somewhere near the target and spray and spray and the guy who is more lucky gets the point. come on zipper, there must be other ways to make the game more and more casual.

+ O1tchy_W0rM5 on March 19th, 2010 at 2:51 am said:

Nice my PS3 slim and MAG will arrive on March 20,2010 it’s a perfect timing for me! IGN suck for giving MAG a 7.0 score it should be 9.0, I mean an update to improve will come at any time. Nice now I can lvl up faster and new weapons and armor + flashbang for all of MAG users. THANKS ZIPPER LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR SOCOM 4 TO COME!!

+ Toastrules on March 19th, 2010 at 3:12 am said:

MORE LMG?! Am I the only one a bit skeptical about this?

+ Hobartbob on March 19th, 2010 at 5:10 am said:

Sweet!!

+ zzz_flame on March 19th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

how doo u get the dlc???

+ BakeAct on March 19th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

Freegin awesome…. Great job…Kudos to Zipper….b on the look out….hopefully some Map Packs in that details tht cant be released.

+ thevampirejake on March 19th, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

Great! I’ve been waiting to see some dlc for Mag. I’m lovin it and hopin some more maps come soon, keep up the support for a great game…and double xp on the weekend of my birthday what a nice present! thanks guys!! btw the 28th is m bday

+ kissfan76 on March 19th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Zipper you guys always surprize me. First SOCOM and now MAG i will admit I havent had much of a chance to play MAG a lot I have owned it 2 days after it came out. But free DLC is the ultimate thank you to us fans. Keep up the great work and can not wait for SOCOM 4.

+ Kevlar013 on March 19th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

This is amazing news. Thanks for making this great game even better! :D

+ Hitman-Merc on March 19th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

free stuff like back in the days of zipper socom yippie ki yay your company is the best do try to change it like /6 did

+ calanorn on March 19th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Great news on the free DLC shame its got the LMG they are way over used at this point as it is im holding my breath for more assault rifles and a decent sniper rifle. Love the game though you guys rock!

+ DOC_BIZZY on March 19th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

WOW!!! New Cammies, New Weapon Mods, Flash Bangs, Double XP. Man, all we’re missing now is some new maps!!!

+ dono_1994 on March 19th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

i need to get this

+ Raacky on March 19th, 2010 at 11:16 pm said:

MAG needs to mate with bfbc 2 for a badda$$ ps3 exclusive! need more maps is what you hear so MAG 2 will be what the fans want right?

+ Sum-Mischief on March 20th, 2010 at 12:56 am said:

How Sweet it is …. thanks for the continue support .

+ CapinChronic on March 20th, 2010 at 2:56 am said:

Thanks Zipper you guys are badass!!!! It would be cool if us vets could get gold guns for going into vet mode or some special camo… Just something to set us apart from others besides the gold brick on our player card.

+ JediMPG on March 20th, 2010 at 6:24 am said:

Sweet,this is why MAG is AWSOME.

+ flashfreeze96 on March 20th, 2010 at 6:52 am said:

sweet cant wait for it

+ Strombole on March 20th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

This is my favorite game by far (and yes I’ve played\owned every other major shooter release) and I am very happy to hear about the DLC… and for free to boot. I will wait till I get my hands on them to pass judgement, but I have to admit to being a little worried about flashbangs in a game with these player counts. Like I said, don’t know their cost (in skill tree and cc) so I won’t automatically pass judgement, but…. I did have a nightmare of not being able to see anything for ten minutes straight and my ears bleeding from the inevitable high pitched tone that is sure to accompany each of twenty consecutive flashbangs tossed through windows of the pumping station. But I’m gonna try to have faith in you because all of the other weapon and map “fixes” didn’t hamper my enjoyment of the game, despite what the vocal minority say on the internet… then agaithought it was fine at release, lol. But I will say that Jeremy keeps us posted and answers questions\concerns better than any other dev out there, period.
ps. after you vet, stop into supression for a couple of games…. automatic new map that you haven’t played :)

+ VengenceZERO on March 21st, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

sigh* the wait is killing me =(

+ dono_1994 on March 21st, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

just got mag because i saw this lol-1 thing though can u fix the rpg’s. sometimes i shoot them into a crowd off ppl and no one gets hurt and just know someone was rite in front of me,, i shot him with it and nothing.