PS4-Infamous

First MAG DLC free, coming next week

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Mar 18, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

On behalf of everyone here at Zipper Interactive, I’m pleased to announce that beginning March 25, our first official MAG downloadable add-on will be made available to players worldwide absolutely free of charge!

Dubbed the “Trooper Gear Pack,” our first DLC addition to the MAG universe will offer a number of cool goodies for veterans and first timers alike. Out of everything in the pack, the most popular will likely be the oft-requested “Flashbang Grenade” that can be used to confuse, disorient or distract your enemies in a single throw.

flashbang

Of course, there’s more to the Trooper Gear Pack than Flashbangs. We’ll also be including new special edition Light Machine Guns for each PMC. Raven’s APEX 100SE, SVER’s RTK-74 Vla, and Valor’s Mk 46 Mod 1 weapons will provide both a new look for your favorite LMGs and a number of performance adjustments as well.

valor mk46 sver rtk 74 raven ultimax

The last element of the pack will be two additional uniforms – “Trooper Dark” and “Trooper Light.” Available to all three PMCs, these uniforms are specifically designed for urban and interior combat situations and give you two more aesthetic options to diversify your character with.

black light clothing green light clothing red blue

The best part of the Trooper Gear Pack? It’s just the beginning of our ongoing commitment to MAG. In the coming months, you can expect to see plenty of other add-ons and goodies that we can’t quite tell you about yet (but know you’ll enjoy).

But that’s not all. To commemorate the release of our DLC, we want to throw in a little extra. And so, as a thank you to all of our fans, we’re offering Double XP to any and all MAG players starting March 25. Simply log in at 12am Pacific/ 3am Eastern/ 8am GMT and play MAG as you normally would. Every time you complete a game your experience doubles, and yes, this bonus stacks for Veterans who already have an XP bonus to begin with! Just make sure you actually complete the games you play – if you quit early, your bonus won’t apply.

Expect the Double XP promotion to run until 11:59pm Pacific time on Sunday, March 28. Be sure to take advantage of it as much as you possibly can until then.

For more MAG-related news, don’t forget to visit the Official MAG Blog on a regular basis, or check out our Official Zipper Interactive Twitter and Facebook pages. Enjoy your weekend everybody!

+ Muddycats on March 21st, 2010 at 9:19 pm said:

GREAT !! Now how about adding the credit amount to each items description? Being able to caculate in advance and not having to waste a respec would be REALLY GREAT !!

+ tonyistap27 on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

M.A.G has got 2 be tha best F.P.S ever, i dint think much ov socom, i thought its was a cheap c.o.d rip off, but zipper has out done them selfs with this one, and now free D.L.C wicked cant wait now. THANKS I JUST LOVE THAT U MAKE A SICK GAME EVEN BETTER, NOW THATS GAMING AT ITS BEST….. RAVEN RULEZ…BRAAAAP.

+ bradclark123 on March 22nd, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

We want more maps MORE MAPS Please the game is getting so boring

+ Rikuson1 on March 22nd, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

Please give us reload-sprint back!!!

+ Keyeszx on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

Thank you some free DLC that deserves to be free. How big will the download be?

+ pencil420 on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:45 pm said:

Totally hooked since beta. Thanks zipper!

+ Nicko96Alien on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

I am wondering whether or not to get mag. Can you have more than one Pmc profile on a psn profile?

+ VengenceZERO on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:49 pm said:

This is a great addition to the game, but it would be cool to add clothing apparel with benefits like gas masks, more attachments like shotgun masterkey, and bigger arsenal of weapons

+ VengenceZERO on March 24th, 2010 at 12:02 am said:

forgot to say it would be cool if everything I said was FREE

+ manda-lynn- on March 24th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

Ok… I am a chic and I love this game, BUT hello!! Please make a female soldier!! I would love it when I shot the guys that they see a CHIC killed them!! PLEASE consider my request!!

+ Squiggy2010 on March 24th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

Kickass. This game gets better and better.

+ applejack82 on March 25th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Where is the DLC i cant find it!!!! I want flash bangs!!

+ COMGETME69 on March 25th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

Can I not get the DLC in Canada? What Gives? Searched all over the Playstation Store. Not in disc based add-on’s, dosen’t even come up when I use the search feature. Getting my butt kicked by everyone with flashbangs.

+ Zerotheklown on March 25th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

I’m in america and can’t find it on this on the playstation store but i see ppl in the game who already have this whats the deal

+ DIESELCANE on March 25th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Wheres my DLC? Its nowhere to b found on ps store. Why didnt they make it a patch so everyone had access to it? This is BS!!!! I hope u have a plan to fix this.

+ Zerotheklown on March 25th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

oh and i’m not getting double xp either whats up with that yes i played the match all the way through got to page the shows the point totals and no double xp bonus

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

@ Zerotheklown:

At the end when it gives you your point total it is called a “Directive Bonus”.

@ Zipper

Where is the new DLC can’t find it anywhere in the PSN and it is now March 25th plus I have seen many people using the flash grenades. So if you will could you resolve this matter soon please. Thanks for a great game it has been a long time since I have enjoyed playing a first person shooter.

+ applejack82 on March 25th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

I WANT MY FLASHBANGS!!!!!

+ VengenceZERO on March 25th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

I don,t like that only a few people have access to the new DLC, it gives them a advantage over those who cant get it yet. Please resolve this ASAP.

+ korngrl on March 25th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

where’s the add on please i can’t find has anybody in NOrth america downloaded it please respond

+ Zerotheklown on March 25th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

thanks legubreous yeah its showin up now but it wasn’t earlier

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

It is now 4:30 pm (central time) where I am and still no sign of the new DLC. What is up Zipper?? Thanks for the double XP!!

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

@ Zerotheklown:

Your welcome.

+ Zerotheklown on March 25th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

still no dlc for me either but i keep runnin into the flashbangs somehow in the game

+ Lead-Ghost on March 25th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Zipper. thank you, you have made myself and many of my friends and other MAG fans very happy.

+ Silencer2404 on March 25th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

The update is in the Playstation Store. Thought I’d have a look there and there it was! :)

+ mistamoney on March 25th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

Its 6pm eastern Time still no dlc for me least I couldnt find it on either one of my ps3′s. I haven’t played yet to see if I get double XP hope so Im almost to level 60 and this would m ake quick work of it…….Deff Better than Socom Confrontation……And our clan was on lastnight and it was like 1130 and people had flash bangs so………….

+ Zerotheklown on March 25th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

i’m in eastern time zone as well still no dlc but xp bonus is working

+ applejack82 on March 25th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

5:21 in minnesota, i cant find the DLC…i was playing earlier and the XP bonus was workin!!! people gettin 3000+ XP sweet!…..BUT I WANT MY FLASHBANGS

+ Worm- on March 25th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

must be eurpoeaners your running into w/ the flash bangs

+ Worm- on March 25th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

europeaners*

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

Yeah we still have to wait on Sony to update the Playstation Store which can be anytime before midnight. It isn’t Zippers fault.

+ VengenceZERO on March 25th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

Cant complain about the delayed DLC, better to have it free and late than on-time and overpriced. lovin the double xp though. Thx Zipper

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

Oh and that would be midnight by Sonys time where ever they are located. 6:00 pm here in Texas and still nothing.

+ Paz_De_La_Hoya on March 25th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

OMG some people are so slow zipper has nothing to do with the DLC not out yet some of ya NEED TO READ when the PSN store updates later we will have the damn DLC so calm down nerds

+ Hitman-Merc on March 25th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

im not finding dlc the trooper you guys said was today

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

@ Hitman-Merc

That is because Sony hasn’t updated the PlayStation Store yet.

—————————————————————

Hurry up Sony what are you guys waiting for?

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Guys it is there now get the new stuff!!!

+ Zerotheklown on March 25th, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

finally got it

+ Legubreous on March 25th, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

yeah me too

+ VengenceZERO on March 26th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

Can anyone tell me why the shotgun and knife are so inconsistent in this game??? A shotgun cant drop a light armored enemy at point blank range?? Knives arent one hit one kill when you hit them from the front??? this is so frustrating

+ rrandmm on March 26th, 2010 at 9:59 pm said:

The new flash grenades suck, your blinded for way to long.

+ BuckNasty4764 on March 27th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

I simply live this game. Thank you Zipper. . . “Kewl”

+ tbmotta on March 27th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

its not work on psn brazil

+ KristoriaL on March 27th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Yo, just played a game of Domination and these grenades are effective as hell. i was blind half the game. Rock on zipper, keep the free stuff comin!

+ KristoriaL on March 27th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

This game is lagging in one little part though. Diversity, and no im not talkin about an old wooden ship, thanks Ron. We need more maps. start a riot for em. more maps more maps more maps!!!

+ KingJosh25 on March 27th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Man, I can’t go 20 steps w/ out getting blinded, thnx 2 this awesome add-on. But for some reason, i don’t get double xp at the end of a match. Does the promotion come only at 3 in the morning?

+ KristoriaL on March 27th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

what double xp?

+ KristoriaL on March 27th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

Valor needs gas masks. that would be great dlc

+ mrponton on March 27th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

tnxs for this stuff, i just wish i knew about it sooner