PS4 - Destiny

LittleBigPlanet: Sack It To Me – The Hedgehog Edition

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Mar 19, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Hey Everyone, Mick Perona here with an update on all things LittleBigPlanet. Some VERY exciting news for you today, check it out!

LBP What's New

Sonic is headed to LittleBigPlanet next Thursday!

LittleBigPlanet: Sonic Gang

Sonic the Hedgehog, along with Sonic’s alter-ego beast form, the WereHog, his pals Knuckles and Tails, and his nemesis Dr. Eggman have come to LittleBigPlanet to break some sound barriers! You can get all five individual character costumes for SackBoy, but you’ll want to be sure to pick up the Costume Kit that not only includes all five costumes, but also a selection of retro stickers based on the classic Sonic the Hedgehog adventures. This way you can make your own Sonic levels with Sonic style!

and speaking of Sonic levels….

LBP_Level_Spotlight

Here’s an awesome level made by the extremely talented Creator Curator Kiminski. The level is called Sonic the Hedgehog: Greenhill zone and you can play it right now!

LittleBigPlanet - For the Weekend

SackBoy is extremely excited about this weeks launch of God of War III exclusively for the PS3 system! He’s been all nostalgic about the event by going back and playing his favorite God of War themed community levels in LittleBigPlanet!

Be sure to join in on all the glorious Kratos action and grab the Kratos Costume and the God of War Level Kit on the PlayStation Store.

LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-GOWMiniPack_thumb_US LittleBigPlanet_AddOn-Costumes-Kratos_Thumb_US

LBP Workshop of Week

LittleBigPlanet PSP – It’s contest time!

rarestargold

Over at LittleBigWorkshop, you can enter in their first contest for the first PSP version of LittleBigPlanet! Head on over and get creating!

PAGE 1 2

+ midnightshade on March 19th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

Sorry to stray on topic there, but it had to be said. But to be on topic. This sonic pack looks great. i will try out that green hill zone 1 level soon.

+ the_Hedgehog on March 20th, 2010 at 2:55 am said:

The_Hedgehog approves!

+ SykoTech on March 20th, 2010 at 5:52 am said:

Haha, awesome. Nice to see you guys included Knuckles too even though he wasn’t in Unleashed. I usually don’t buy costumes, but I can see myself putting these to use.

I hope that Ratchet & Clank pack Insomniac teases a while ago is still in the works. That would be so awesome!

+ Thrasher20 on March 20th, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

That’s super awesome!!!

+ morrislevy on March 20th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

These look nothing like the crew, with maybe exception of Dr. Robotnik (Eggman). Playstation, there are tutorial levels showing how to make a MUCH better looking Sonic and Tails out there. Yours look like banditos from the Planet Purple. I have one that is 10x better, and much more accurate.

P.S. Where are the spikes!? They are hedgehogs, echidnae, etc.

+ KING_0F_NY_BX on March 20th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

Yes!!! I’m definitely getting these outfits…Thanks

+ TheXentertainer on March 20th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

I love LBP but have yet to design a level…how do I go about it please? And what an amazing idea for a level this is. I’d love an Ecco The Dolphin level too. Hope my PSN connection sorts itself out though.

+ TheXentertainer on March 20th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

How about a Heavy Rain level? Actually, getting emotional to a Sackboy WOULD be a challenge eh?!

+ ShadOforce on March 20th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

I threw up a little. Sonic should stay where he belongs: In his grave.

+ MoNsTeR_TaPoUt82 on March 20th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

i have left so many comments to mm YES THANK U THATS Y LBP THE BEST

+ MoNsTeR_TaPoUt82 on March 20th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

MM NEEDS TO KEEP SPACE SUIT OUT AND PUT HALO OUT IRONMAN OUT FOR ALL THE PS3 NOT PSP

+ DJ_DTM on March 20th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

My levels are some of the best on LBP, you should all take a look at my creations.

+ PSWii2008 on March 20th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

@JBracin70:

No way. Why would Mario, a Nintendo character, be on a Sony platform? I mean, yeah, they have Super Mario Bros. levels on LBP, but that doesn’t mean Mario will be in there.

+ BULBABRAWLER29 on March 20th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

Sonic the Hedgehog one looks awesome hope you can actually run fast

+ BlazeKush420 on March 20th, 2010 at 9:45 pm said:

To bad my LBP isnt working online since 1.25 update. Thanks a lot.

+ palombopicasso on March 20th, 2010 at 10:59 pm said:

Awesome costumes and level! Can’t wait to DL it on Thursday. Just curious, whatever happened to the Final Fantasy VII Sephiroth SackBoy? Are there still plans to release it? Thanks!

+ Ryuhza on March 21st, 2010 at 2:30 am said:

PINGAS!!!!

+ Bue2_222 on March 21st, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Wait, If Metal Gear Solid brings the Paint gun and Pirate of the Caribbean brings water. Would that mean that Sonic brings the power of speed?

+ guitain on March 21st, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

Couldn’t we have gotten a discount on the God of War-packs then? =/ Seems kinda shady to highlight an already released pack, but not really adding any incentive other than remarking upon the release of GoW III…

+ AKUMASKURA on March 22nd, 2010 at 12:15 am said:

Sonic is back! It reminds me of my childhood. The only thing I am concerned of is a good price.

+ mbcross on March 22nd, 2010 at 5:52 am said:

If you guys want to check out a new level, try my new one out….it’s called Titanic Stowaway. You can search for it by name or my psn user id: mbcross. Let me know what you think!

+ RyanOnTheGo on March 25th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

Why Isn’t This On The Psp/Psp Go yet? Psp go gets left out on all the good stuff, such as lego indiana jones 2, and other popular games.

PAGE 1 2