LittleBigPlanet 3

BUZZ! Quiz World Delivers PS3’s First In-Game Facebook Publishing Features

Jenny Barbour's Avatar + Posted by Jenny Barbour on Mar 22, 2010 // Associate Producer

Hi there, BUZZ! fans! I have excellent news for all of you Facebook fanatics. You’ll be able to experience the PS3’s first true in-game Facebook publishing features by posting cool stats from your BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 games to your Facebook wall!

To get in on the fun, just sync your PSN account to your Facebook account by signing into PSN via the XMB, opening the account management menu, selecting the Facebook option and choosing to share game event information.

Buzz! Quiz World Facebook_main game

Once your accounts have been synced, you’ll be offered the option of posting stats like what place you finished in and what buzzer noises your friends used, once you’ve completed a BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 game. All you have to do is hit the red button on your BUZZ! Buzzer to accept and these fun stats from your game will be added to your Facebook wall. So fire up your PS3, hop into a game of BUZZ! Quiz World and get ready to tout your triumphs to all of your Facebook friends!

Buzz! Quiz World Facebook

If you’re a BUZZ! Quiz World PSP buff, I’ve got great news for you as well. We’ve been busy publishing PSP-optimized versions of your favorite downloadable Quiz Packs. Check out the PSP-optimized Rock Idols, Comedy and Sci-Fi Quiz Packs, now available on the PlayStation Store. Test your trivia skills with fun questions like these:

Rock Idols PSP-Optimized Quiz Pack

WHICH BAND TOOK ITS FANS BY SURPRISE WITH ‘BLACK ICE’ IN 2008?

• BLACK SABBATH
  • AC/DC
  • MEGADETH
  • NINE INCH NAILS

Comedy PSP-Optimized Quiz Pack

IN WHICH 2006 CAPER DOES JACK BLACK GET IN THE RING WITH SATAN’S CAVEMEN?

• NACHO LIBRE
  • NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
  • THE BREAK-UP
  • TENACIOUS D IN THE PICK OF DESTINY

Sci-Fi PSP-Optimized Quiz Pack

WHAT SPECIES IS THE ‘STAR TREK’ CHARACTER WORF?

• FERENGI
  • ROMULAN
  • KLINGON
  • VULCAN

With the addition of these recently released Quiz Packs, the PlayStation Store now offers well over 1,000 additional questions for BUZZ! Quiz World PSP, so you’ll never run out of questions while you’re on-the-go!

Thanks for checking in! Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for the latest and greatest BUZZ! news.

+ Ar4chNova89 on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

As long as it doesn’t spam my Facebook and make me look like an obnoxious fool like the trophy stats do.

They really need to let you schedule when to publish certain achievements. Like once a week or something.

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on March 22nd, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

As for unwanted FB spamming, we have taken steps to try and avoid this for BUZZ!. You have the choice on the XMB to link your account to FB and turn on the option of sharing game event information. Then within game, after a game is played, you will be given the option to post the stats or not. This way, you’ll only be sending out posts when you want to.

+ Utmost-Nutszo on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Not for me. I really hate App Spam like this – I usually block it. Great for those find it useful, but not my thing.

+ poweredbyzen on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

facebook is evil – i deactivated my account.

+ Tyrsis on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

I love facebook, but man; I hate the Trophy spam.

+ Ry-Tron on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

publishing trophies/achievements is NOT “integration” with Facebook. It’s just spamming trophies and whatnot as an ad to sell a game (and it usually just pisses people off anyways). If you want to truly integrate Facebook and social media into an experience, I’d suggest creating something that makes good use of the tech as part of the game’s original design instead of as a downloadable after thought. Think of the old RL-crossover game, Majestic. That was messed up, and with what we have access to today it could be an insane experience if it was made anew.

+ dragonpryde on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

I’ll do this.

+ Mattchewie on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

Sounds Dope!

I to hope this doesn’t spam like the trophies do.

+ dragonpryde on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

I have a lot friends that are avid Buzz players actually that would find this interesting.

+ KidCommando on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

Facebook sucks

+ CDubyahS on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

oh that is awesome. I submitted an idea to palystation share about facebook synching and now it is a reality. keep these great innovations coming SONY! thanks for listening to your rabid fans like me! SINGSTAR make next??

+ SpeedRacer1955 on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

MEH nothing that the Facebook does not do now… Nothing NEW here move on.

+ WrekGar on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

This is an interesting add-on for Buzz.. Thing is could this be a hint at something down the line for the PSN itself?

+ RichterNYR35 on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

HAHAHA, I had to make sure that I didn’t activate the trophy spam so my friends wouldn’t know that I a huge playstation nerd

+ zombie9 on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Just a thought I can go to Facebook and make a profile but I can’t go and look at my E-mail.=( Whats wrong with that picture? But I did mange to break all my fingers playing GOW3 Game is EPIC=)

+ sportsfan1992 on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

i think ps3 should have Myspace trophy like have for facebook.

+ NarcMonkey on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Hey, Nintendo just gave me $5 to spend on The Wii Shop Channel.

How ’bout a counter-offer…

+ Link01 on March 22nd, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

There needs to be a tighter dedicated page for this stuff on facebook

+ phinnv8 on March 22nd, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Cool feature, if only the PS3′s web browser would do it without locking up ;)

+ Swanton18 on March 22nd, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Looks cool

+ Zezzler on March 22nd, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Cool, i wish that facebook alone could be a feature on the xmb, because the web browser one doesn’t work for me.

+ Kalakaua on March 22nd, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

That’s cool. Wish there was more social web integration with more games. As long as I have the choice to post stuff and what not to post, all is good.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 22nd, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

This seems like a great idea in theory but practice will put people off the game. I hide all the trophy stuff from my news feed. Also it’ll be hard to check em on the ps3 cause the browser keeps freezing my PS3 every time I try to log into my facebook page. So either make this a little less annoying to use or fix the darn browser. I think the latter is much more important than that of the former, Sid…..

+ pattayacity on March 22nd, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

That´s nice…

+ techknight on March 22nd, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Ugh.. I hope that crap doesn’t show up in my Facebook feed. There are a few iPhone games doing this already – can you imagine every game on every platform spamming this stuff?

+ Thrasher20 on March 22nd, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

I facebook spam with my beloved trophies LOL. WAY BETTER than that stupid Farmville stuff

+ TubaDude49 on March 22nd, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

AC/DC, Pick of Destiny, ???

+ Midgetguy on March 22nd, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

Is there a patch for the first PS3 Buzz game as well?

Jenny Barbour's Avatar

+ Jenny Barbour on March 22nd, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

BUZZ! Quiz World PS3 is currently the only title in the franchise to offer this feature.

+ bball230 on March 22nd, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY think that this is a stupid idea if only certain games support these features. I hate that Sony doesn’t standardize to devs, some of these REALLY awesome features for every-game. Like:

in game screen-shot feature
in-game custom soundtracks feature
you-tube upload feature
in-game invites

When only a few games have these features it only makes PSN feel worse, more clunky and divided as a network. I understand that not all of these things can just magically be forced upon devs, but there has to be a point where Sony starts being uniform with the great features that are available.

Jeff or anyone, please mention this to whoever is in charge of this kind of stuff.

+ ProjectInfiniti on March 22nd, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

If you people actually used facebook long enough, you’ll realize that you can block permission yourself in your facebook account settings.

You guys seriously cry about everything that is offered to you.

+ EhMaybeNot on March 22nd, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

how bout a ps3 proprietary social networking site that auto includes yer ps3 status, profile, trophies and whatever else AND is accessibe from the xmb AND OF COURSE is completely compatible with the ps3 browser. thats not too much to ask is it? it would be a giant boon fer sony.

+ FranklinMcMahon on March 22nd, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

On the fence, I had been posting my trophies but ended up turning it off because I think it was bugging people.

Oddly, the link for a FB trophy post just goes to a JPG, should at least go to a game page.

I’d actually love to see a native Facebook app for PS3 like Xbox has, that would be very cool.

+ KILLZONE79 on March 22nd, 2010 at 7:12 pm said:

Yeah seriouisly who would post game event info on thier facebook i know i wouldnt. i only use facebook to chat with friends not post game stuff.

+ SLURPEE__QUEEN on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

HERES A QUIZ USA HEALTH BILL PASSED” AS OF tomorrow ‘ thank god for obama 1 HELL OF A JOB ALOT BETTER THEN BUSH EVER DID BY FOUR HUNDRED MILES ” HATS OFF TOO OBAMA”

+ JohnnyTravel on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:02 pm said:

Unless you’re using a sub-account, in which case the Facebook option is missing.

+ Francision69 on March 23rd, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Sounds like a nice feature especially since I love using Facebook. :)