Ratchet & Clank PS4

Mar 22

Coming to PSN this Week: Hamsterball

Howard Lehr's Avatar Posted by Howard Lehr on Mar 22, 2010 // TikGames

Hi PlayStation world! This is Howard Lehr from TikGames, here to reveal our little secret. (Eep!) We’ve been in stealth mode on this one, having a great time playing against our co-workers, friends, family, the guy we saw out the window waiting for the bus who was wearing a RUSH T-shirt (we lured him into our office on the premise that we had a fresh supply of donuts). Hamsterball is a blast and it’s time now to share it with the world. We hope you will love it as much as we do!

Hamsterball 2 Hamsterball 3

What is Hamsterball? Well, imagine if both Marble Madness and Super Monkey Ball were to meet a cute and unsuspecting hamster who’s out for a leisurely roll in his ball. This is the most frenzied race to the finish line he’ll ever run, guaranteed!

Hamsterball offers a ton of great game modes, including 2 player split screen, 7 player sumo and a whole bunch of single player levels. Oh yeah….we’ve got many unlockables, and Trophies too! (We just looooove Trophies.)

Hamsterball 1

No more worries about cleaning the cage or middle-of-the-night escapes, only to find your hamster hiding under your laundry pile. Hamsterball offers all the fun of hamster racing, without the bummer of hearing your mom (GF, SO, BF, wife, roommate, etc.) bark at you to tidy up Mr. Stinky’s cage!

Hamsterball will be available for $9.99 on the PlayStation Store on March 25.

Everyone at TikGames really appreciates your support. Please do let us know what you think of the game after you’ve played it.

PAGE 1 2

+ FunkyTable on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

+ azariaspice on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:48 am said:

I hope it doesn’t use tilt control, because that would make it extremely difficult. There’s a flash version of the game apparently, and plenty of videos on YouTube. The way those levels are made up, it looks like it’d be extremely hard to play using SIXAXIS controls.

I might have to get it though when I buy a $20 PSN card this week! Gonna get the Sonic pack for LittleBigPlanet!

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

No tilt controls, correct. The controls are basically a modified first-person arrangement. You will find them very intuitive an good for fine control.

+ Glacier928 on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

This is gonna be a great update this week already! Uncharted 2 DLC, LBP Sonic Costumes, Wakeboarding HD and now this! Looking forward to this thursday!

+ PantherX on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

OOOOOOOOOH should i play this or God Of War 3?

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Our hamster can take their greek god any day!

+ freakyzeeky on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Does it have online multiplayer? D:

+ M1x3r on March 22nd, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

Is there going to be a demo for this as well. I buy most of these games once I have tried the demo.

+ SpiritThief on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Gameplay vids or demo please

+ rafaelcoronado on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Looks fun… Hope it has two things Online Multiplayer, and a control that uses the joystick, six axis might be fun but hope you at least have a choice.

+ TikGamesMitzi on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Hi everyone! I’m with TikGames. Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

There will be video available shortly through Sony’s site, but you can download it now from our site at http://tikgames.com/media/

Hamsterball is a fun / quirky game. Nothing at all like Bolt. In fact, I was putting my little hamster in a ball BEFORE I saw the bolt movie. Imagine Marble Madness meets Super Monkey Ball. It’s somewhere in between.

I can’t comment on a demo yet, but please do check out the video. Hopefully it wil answer some of your questions.

+ androvsky on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Sweet, I love this kind of game. Hopefully it’s not as hard as Neverball. :)

+ eFunk25 on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Richard Gere will be pleased

+ twooh on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

To bad we don’t have a super monkey ball for the ps3.

This game looks to plain for me. Monkey ball has a “outer world” to the courses. This looks like it is just a solid color.

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

Our backgrounds and graphics are much cooler than that monkey thing. We’re more modest than them also. :P

+ Trombone482 on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

is this game similar to the hamsterball game that is available on PC? If the controls are tight and the trophies are good then this will be an immediate buy for me :D

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

There are “classic” levels that are like those in the PC title. The controls are very tight and the tuning was done with utmost care. While you play classic levels, you can unlock other parts of the game.

There are also 35 new levels that use a follow (racing) camera. These are mind-boggling and FAST.

Sumo is much like the original title with up to 7 players. Great fun for parties.

+ Seshat on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

7-player mode! Wow, finally we’ll be able to play something else besides bomberman in our gaming parties! Thanks for 7-player support! I’ll buy it just for that.

+ Chrizs on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

There must be gameplay vids of this.
This came out years ago on the PC

Howard Lehr's Avatar

+ Howard Lehr on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

This did NOT come out a year ago. We paid homage to the original, but there is a LOT of original gameplay using a 3rd-person follow camera that’s 100% modern and brand new. Check out the video:

+ Seshat on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Btw, that post by TikGamesMitzi looks very suspicious, I wouldn’t click on that link if I was using a Windows computer since it does not even go to the TikGames website. It may be a malware drive-by-download site!

+ TikGamesMitzi on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

Sorry guys. We’re having trouble with our “official log in” for Howard Lehr (who will be joining us shortly). I’m trying to hang out and answer questions until he can join us. My first link with the videos was incorrect, but I did update it, please use that one. The videos should start also appearing on video game related websites today as well.

+ KidCommando on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Only 3 days until release…your post should have included a gameplay video. It SOUNDS fun, but I wonder if it LOOKS fun.

+ TikGamesMitzi on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

@Chrizs — regarding the original game on PC. You are correct. That game was awesome. It got Game of the Year a while back and we loved it. So much so that we licensed bits from the folks who made that game. As you’ll quickly see however, although you’l find some of those original levels in the game, we totally “recreated” it for PSN. New perspective, new levels, etc.

+ JetSetFuture on March 22nd, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

This is right up my alley. I’m a big fan of Marble Madness and the Monkey Ball series. Will this be available to purchase through Amazon.com’s PSN Store? I have some credit on there that’ll be expiring soon.

+ TikGamesMitzi on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

@JetSetFuture – We have authorized it fr sale in Amazon’s PSN store, however I do not know the exact timing of when that happens.

+ zombie_56 on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

+ TikGamesMitzi on March 22nd, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

@zombie_56 – No demo at this time, but I’m trying to get you guys easier access to the video in case you’re not comfortable downloading it directly from our website.

PAGE 1 2