Far Cry 4

Coming to PSN this Week: High Stakes Poker Add-On

Dave Connelly's Avatar + Posted by Dave Connelly on Mar 23, 2010 // President and CEO, Coresoft

Hello everybody!

This is Dave Connelly, President of Coresoft, letting you know that we have some great additions coming this week that will enhance your High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition experience. First off, we have added 30 trophies to the game so now you can show off your poker skills to all your friends and everyone else on the network. We’ve gone global, bringing you eight languages to the North American version so you can select games by region or by the language.

HighStakesPoker_19

We are also excited to announce that we have developed a brand new add-on, coming to the PlayStation Network this week. You can now play the all new Connelly Card Club, created with high-definition detail. Included with the CCC 3D environment are four new game variations including Double-Flop Hold’em, Deuce to Seven Triple Draw, Five-Card Triple Draw, and Five-Card Stud where you can earn an additional 15 trophies.

We hope you enjoy the update and add-on and we’ll see you at the tables!

HighStakesPoker_10 HighStakesPoker_16

PAGE 1 2

+ KidCommando on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

obvious question…how much is the add-on?

Dave Connelly's Avatar

+ Dave Connelly on March 23rd, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

The update wih the trophies is free and the add-on with the new level and game types will be $2.99.

+ LN_MEXWARRIOR on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

Are you guys ever going to add CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS?

Please!

Dave Connelly's Avatar

+ Dave Connelly on March 23rd, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

We currently are not planning to do this but it is a good idea.

+ ThEosSiE on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

Wow!! Nice surprise.. I was just about to go back to see if people were still playing this.. 30 to 45 trophies will definitely make people play.. Thanks!!

Nice to see older game still getting support!!

Next we’ll see trophy support added to Super Rub-A-Dub :D

+ axeblade07 on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

Awesome. I love updates to older games that I already own but have not played in some time. I’ll be sure to fire this game up this week and check out all the new additions.

+ Moosehole on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

Wow awesome! Things you forgot to tell us…

-When does the trophy patch release
-How much does the add-on cost

Would be nice to know these things.

+ bigdaddykraven on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

Funny thing is I still play this from time to time as is now. The trophies will just give goals and incentives to my play!

Thanks for the updates…now if only Folklore’s few cult fans could get some update love :)

+ Thrasher20 on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

This game looks fun but I don’t know how to play Poker

+ jonabbey on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

High Stakes Poker is a great game, we play it all the time still.

Very glad to see that you are enhancing the game with trophies and an add-on.

More, please!

+ SugaRayLeonard36 on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

will i be able to do this update for on my UK PSN account

Dave Connelly's Avatar

+ Dave Connelly on March 23rd, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

Not tomorrow but it is coming soon.

+ mauaus on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

Is this free??

+ TLSBill on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

Wow, it has been a while. This is a good excuse to play this again.

+ SPOOKULA209 on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

I was stuck on this game for a good minute. I still got a few million so I will see everyone on again this week. Like everyone else is asking, what’s the price of the new dlc?

+ NewYork214 on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Hey Dave, how about a blackjack game. i know it isnt as interesting as poker but a lot more fun to play for me.

+ Peanuteer on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

I forgot that I had this game.

+ pgsdi on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

Nice news… BUT I have some ?’s

1)How Much?
2)By adding trophies, what happens to those of us have gained some accomplished feats that the trophies involve. (points) wins, etc..

+ Venom1976 on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

How much is this add-on????? trophy add-on should be free.

+ Ftwrthtx on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

I love the fact that this game is remote playable on my PSP.

+ Coconut31 on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

Hi,

Any info about the European release ?

Cheers.

+ SDkngsht on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

i actually still play this game two to three times a month just to get my poker fix. trophies is definitely a cool add on. and lord knows we needed new locations to play. that blue whatever kind of car it’s supposed to be can only be looked at for so long lol.

+ Se7enthSign on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

This is good. High Stakes is STILL the best poker game on PS3. (well, only competition is EA’s Home space but they fall way short.) I’m glad to see the support, but maybe it’s time for a sequel? Not that it needs much change, but Home avatar support, maybe a few more outfits, and a revamped interface/backgrounds would be cool.

Now, if PSN could get a really good chess title, we’d be set.

+ Sipu on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

I think the game COULD use some real graphical makeover. Even the EA Home space poker graphics are WAYY better than this.

+ ChizelMonkee on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

IMHO this is also one of the few games that plays remotely on the PSP really well. Worth the price of admission right there if you ask me.

+ King_DX on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Not meaning to sound rude but for a game that should not be very heavy on data that needs to be recorded, well any of the lag issues and game freezing be addressed? I play this game all of the time but the second people start to leave or join the game stalls and while it can be tolerated at times, most times you have to leave a good room of players because of it.

+ Jeigh on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

That’s pretty damn awesome. Glad to see this game is getting support. I’d kind of forgotten about it- I hold on to the demos of all of the games I plan to get eventually, but I never saw a demo for this one. No matter- seems like it’s worth the purchase now.

+ LokeSTL on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

Added trophies to an older game? Count me and a few of my buddies as new purchasers. Now if other publishers would follow suit(see what I did there?) they might make a few extra bucks off of existing games. I’m looking at you Valkyria Chronicles, Folklore and Heavenly Sword!

+ Darth-Krayt on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Yea, this is really cool. I was never expecting this game to ever get any more updates. Just a couple days ago I was thinkig to myself that a sequel would probably be out soon. This is great. I honestly stopped playing this FOREVER ago….basically when Home got poker. But I’ll be redownloading it and playing again once this comes out……might get the add-on as well.

Now that I think about it, this was the very first downloadable game I ever bought along with Mortal Kombat 2.

Like someone else stated though, my only disappointment about this, is that you guys have updated this game, but didn’t add in custom soundtracks.

+ KLEPTO_MAN1AC on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

Playstation network should bring out a downloadable content that allows you to buy money for the game.

+ dsigns209 on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Nice job updating this game. Guess Im gonna have to go back and play it.

+ cobrafang on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

There is certain to be a big spike in noobs playing this game again for trophies now. It’s amazing that they buy these games before trophies play for a bit and forget it until a sudden trophy update and then they are all over it again.

+ EvoAnubis on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Yeah, I’m looking for custom soundtracks too. I love this game; it’s the perfect way of me kicking back after work since I can easily play it with the PS3 remote. Custom soundtracks would be fantastic.

+ NeoHumpty on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Awesome. I had almost forgotten about this game. Got mad one night when I lost a ton of money and never turned it back on. lol. Guess it’s time to revisit. Thanks!

+ AXSLV on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

can we get Home’s avatar support to this add-on?

+ acerazer1 on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

30 trophies? That seems like a lot for a $10 PSN game, even if they are all bronze. I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.

Unless, of course, you mean in-game trophies, not PSN trophies.

+ Chase167 on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Custom soundtracks ??????????????????

+ NOTTULYS on March 23rd, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

I’m glad this game is still being updated. One of the first games I bought on the PSN.

+ k0wb0y-b33b0p on March 24th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

Love this. Now if only someone could make a CHESS GAME for PSN, we’d be set.

+ KANOBE on March 24th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

PLEASE GIVE US CUSTOM TRACK OPTION PLEASE !!! I PURCHASED THIS GAME IN 2007 WHEN IT CAME OUT AND HAVE BEEN PLAYING IT SINCE, EVERYONE IN THE WORLD I HAVE TALKED TO WANTS CUSTOM TRACK OPTION. ALMOST EVERY PSN GAME OFFERS IT NOW. AND MOST THE TIME WHEN YOU SIT AROUND WITH FREINDS AND PLAY A FREINDLY GAME OF POKER. ” YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC ” NOT DEAD AIR !!

PLEASE DO A ADDITIONAL PATCH UPDATE FOR CUSTOM TRACK !!!!

THANK YOU, IM GLAD TO SEE IMPROVEMENTS, IT NEEDED IT BAD !!!

HIGH STAKES POKER ROCKS !!!

+ KANOBE on March 24th, 2010 at 8:32 pm said:

THIS GAME HAS SO MUCH POTENTIAL PERIOD !
PLEASE GIVE US MORE AVATARS WITH THIS GAME. IM SICK OF THE SAME OLD LAME AVATARS FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS ! DO TIGHT HATS AND SUN GLASSES PACK. DO COOL SHIRTS/HOODIES PACK !! HEADPHONES TATTOOS,JEWERLY. IF YOU HAVE TO SMACK 1.99 ON IT AND HAVE THE AVATAR DLC, WHATEVER IT TAKES BUT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE TODAYS PEOPLES CLOTHES.
PLEASE GIVE US MORE ROOMS ! I CAN GUARANTEE THAT IF YOU HAVE MORE ROOMS PEOPLE WILL PAY, HANDS DOWN ! GIVE US LIKE 7 TO 8 ROOMS, SOME FREE ( MAYBE ), AND SOME PAY !! BUT GIVE US MORE ROOMS OPTIONS THAN JUST “1”. MAKE GARAGE ROOM, BASEMENT, TOP OF A BUILDING HIGHRISE, PIMP ROOM, TABLE BY A POOL OUTSIDE SOMEWERE. BE CREATIVE WE WILL PAY.
PLEASE GIVE US A CUSTOM TABLE LOGO OPTION ! LET US CHOOSE THE LOGO WHEN WE SET UP THE ROOMS. GIVE US A EIGHT BALL LOGO, 4 ACES LOGO, ALL IN LOGO, IM THE KING LOGO, AND EVEN FOR WOMEN CAUSE THEY PLAY THIS SITE ALOT. GIVE RAINBOW LOGOS, HEART, IM THE QUEEN WHATEVER GET CREATIVE WITH IT. EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO SMACK 1.99 WHATEVER TO HAVE A CUSTOM LOGO DLC PACK WITH A BUNCH OF TABLE LOGOS WITH IT. PEOPLE WILL PAY ! HANDS DOWN !!

+ KANOBE on March 24th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

HOOK IT UP !!! THANK YOU, IM GLAD TO SEE THIS GAME IS NOT LEFT OUT IN THE COLD FOR POTENTIAL !! I THOUGHT PSN WROTE THIS GAME OFF YEARS AGO WITH OPTIONS. PLEASE GIVE US MORE. I GUARANTEE I SPEAK FOR MORE THAN 90% OF THE HIGH STAKES PSN COMMUNITY FOR ALL THAT I HAVE POSTED ON THIS FORUM !! PLEASE LISTEN,CREATE, AND THEY WILL BUY !! ( OR GET FOR FREE ) THANKS HOOK IT UP !!

+ KANOBE on March 24th, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

ALSO ONE MORE THING ! MAYBE DO A DLC DOWNLOAD FOR BUYING MONEY FOR THE GAME. LET ME TELL YOU, WHEN YOU WANT TO KICK BACK HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND YOU WENT BROKE EVERYONE CAN AGREE SOMETIMES IT IS A HARD STRUGGLE TO GET YOUR MONEY UP. THAT 5,000 STARTING OUT JUST DOES NOT CUT IT SOMETIMES. DO LIKE A 100,000 DLC FOR LIKE .99. OR LIKE 1 MILLION FOR $4.99. YOU WOULD BE SO SURPRISED HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT. JUST SO THEY CAN HAVE FUN. AND IT WOULD DEFINITLY KILL THE 5,000 ALL IN, ALL IN CRAP THAT PEOPLE TRY TO DO TO DOUBLE UP WHEN THEY BROKE AND THEY WANT TO PLAY HIGHER STAKES WITH PEOPLE AND FREINDS. THANKS !!

+ jpbslayer on March 24th, 2010 at 11:22 pm said:

ok confused here – just downloaded the update – i only have 14 trophies available – so even if the add on will add 15 more that is only 29. is there a mistake? if any1 wants to see the list add me on psn and then look at profile

+ Caudill on March 25th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Downloaded the update, there are 14 trophies NOT 30. Mostly, online trophies as well, which is a big disappointment (for me anyway).

I can understand the online wins trophies or whatever, but why the hell do the “Get a straight”, “Get a full house”, etc trophies have to be online only? Lame.

+ Caudill on March 25th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Also, trophies are not syncing properly or showing up on my Playstation.com profile.

Cool…

+ vachief on March 25th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Why did you create a trophy that requires getting a royal flush while playing online? The probability of getting a royal flush is so low that there were only be a handful of people that will ever get this trophy. For those of us that like to strive for 100% trophy completion on the games we play, this is discouraging. One could play this game 2 hours a day, everyday for a year, and most likely still would never get this trophy.

+ gettinmoney662 on March 26th, 2010 at 1:42 am said:

Well, maybe you’ll learn not to cry over not having 100% trophies in a game.

+ Vernon_Hardapple on March 26th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Why do I only see 14 trophies after updating and installing the add-on?

Dave Connelly's Avatar

+ Dave Connelly on March 26th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

I made mistake in my blog. We developed this add-on and upate quite some time ago and we origially had thirty and fifteen but were told that was too many so we reduced them to fourteen. Sorry about blogging the wrong numbers.

+ StewieGriffin_76 on March 27th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

Personally I could care less about trophies as I feel the game has other flaws that should be addressed, particularly the way the cards are dealt. I have also been wanting to know for the past year how people make millions so quickly in this game. I see people with hundreds of millions. How is it done?

+ StewieGriffin_76 on March 27th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

As mentioned by another blogger, there should be an option to buy more starting money. Gets frustrating and boring trying to build up money, especially when you see people with millions.

+ psychmajor76 on March 27th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

I agree. Would be great to have a DLC option with more money. I’d definitely buy it. Would make the game more fun and balanced.

+ psychmajor76 on March 27th, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

Maybe with enough support for this they will work on it and add it. Trophies do nothing for me.

PAGE 1 2