PS4 - Destiny

Coming to PSN this Week: ZEN Pinball: Earth Defense Table

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar + Posted by Zsolt Kigyossy on Mar 23, 2010 // Managing Director, Zen Studios

Hey there all you Zen Pinball fans!

ZEN Studios has locked down this Thursday, March 25 as the official release date for Earth Defense, the latest expansion table for ZEN Pinball! You can pick up the fun new table on the PlayStation Store for $2.49 – check out an exclusive sneak peak of the new Earth Defense table with the trailer below!

And that’s just a small taste of what the Earth Defense table will deliver. Prepare yourself to save the world! The fate of the world is in your hands and it is your mission to overcome the panic and rid Pinball City of the alien invaders. Check out the exciting new Earth Defense table tomorrow! For more information, you can always check out previous posts on the Blog or visit the official ZEN Pinball website at www.ZenPinball.com.

46 Comments

+ freemantim on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

Looks like a great new table to pick up.

+ poweredbyzen on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

would love a mega-sale on all the zen-goodness! :D

+ LumarQQ on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Lol pinball.

+ Craazy on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Sign me up

+ SPOOKULA209 on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

I buy all the tables for this game regardless. I wish you guys would put them out more frequently but this is a good edition to the other 2

+ reson8er on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Zen Pinball is great! When I read the name of the table, my immediate reaction was, “don’t think this ones for me”. But after seeing that video, I changed my mind. I really love this game, and will pick this up. Thanks Zen.

+ SpiritThief on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Zen pinball + add ons bundle

I’ll be waiting…

+ moog on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Looks fun, I might actually get this. I found the original four a little disappointing.

Are we ever going to get the decent tables Williams put out? Not the ultra basic ones but the fancy themed ones from the 90s. Plus I’d really like that awful USA World Cup soccer one. I wasted so many hours on that down the pub at lunchtime :D

+ CDubyahS on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

That is really creative. I must own after I buy Ninja Gaiden sigma table and unlock the rest of the street fighter trophies.

+ CDubyahS on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

williams pinball hall of fame is disc based game and sold for $10 at gamestop recently….

+ StECnet on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Looks like an awesome addon to this fun & addicting little game!

+ twooh on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

@10 – CDubyah S

Williams is a much more realistic experience. I have both the games and can say that from experience. That said, williams is a much better bang for your buck. These tables @ $2.49 are a ripoff.

+ JetSetFuture on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

I have this table for Pinball FX on the Xbox 360. It’s very fun. Will there be new trophies?

+ davidbeaudin on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

for the person that say it’s a ripoff at 2.49$. I think it is a perfectly reasonable price, because there is alot of work that goes in these new tables. Months of programming and testing goes into each table.

Keep up the good work Zen Studios. I will be buying ur new tables as they come out.

+ razkazz on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Zsolt, the work you guys are doing on Zen Pinball is great. Can we expect any new maps or characters for Punisher: No Mercy soon?

+ jh6269 on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Zsolt Kigyossy,

Thanks for the new content! Can you please post some still photos to the blog? Can’t watch the video @ work.

Is it anything like Space Cadet table (from windows 95/98)? I’ve been hoping Zen can have a table similar; from the description, it sounds like it’s similar.

I will be buying this nevertheless.

Thank you!

+ Android66 on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

The new table looks cool, but didn’t you guys give out a free table for Pinball FX on Xbox Live? A pirate one, as I recall? While I’m hoping for new tables to appear in cost-saving bundles on PSN, a free table to those who supported the game would be nice. Plus, since you need the main game anyway, why not offer a free table to both reward existing owners and as an incentive to get people to purchase the main game if they have not already?

+ robertmc8 on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

Awesome but to bad I can’t play it :*( I just send my console back for repair still having issue. Won’t get back to 7-10 days. But I will pick it up once I get my console back :) You guys do rock thanks.

+ sscoolChea on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

First , let start off by saying you guys are doing a wonderful job with zen pinball . I have bought the sf and the ninja gaiden table and they are fantastic . The only thing that kills me is how in the hell are these people scoring all those gazillions of points . I can barely reach 10 million . People score 10 million the first 1 minute . lol …Thats all great job guys .Oh btw what happen to the video feed when we play online ?

+ JimInPT on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Oh, thank God. From the title, I thought it was a theme of more lies from Algore.

Good theme; even though I still have many problems trying to play ZP online, I’ll buy this one for local play.

+ AlphaTribe2007 on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

This seems really cool. My dream for you guys would be for you to be able to strike some kinda of deal or do some kind of spin off of the old arcade pin ball games. Like the playboy mansion table, or the old elvira pin ball game,24, Adams family, batman forever, dirty harry, demolition man, golden eye, indiana jones, nascar….. the list goes on and on.

I can remember playing allot of these and it would be great to revisit them…

+ plaztiksyke on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

Love the new tables! Can we get a Ghostbusters table? or Brutal Legend?

I hope the audio quality is better this time around. The SSFFII table sounded like really low quality MP3. The PS3 can handle 24-bit losslessly compressed audio — please use it!

+ moog on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

@AlphaTribe2007, oh yes, those tables would be rather nice!

+ eFunk25 on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

This table looks awesome

+ acerazer1 on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Do you guys envision any kind of bundle deal for the newer tables in the future?

+ acerazer1 on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

@21

You should check out Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection, it has some really classic tables and is a great pinball sim.

+ FJ1100_rider on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

i was wondering when this was coming
it was announced way back when the ninja gaiden table was announced

I have never seen any replies to blog posts from you guys but I’ll ask anyway , when is planet minigolf releasing?

+ RICHIZNASTY09 on March 23rd, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

wouldn’t mind say a god of war table

+ EdEN_Zardos on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Well look at that. A new table for Zen Pinball. Wonder if they’ll lover the price on the game and the past tables to get others to try the whole thing? I bought Zen Pinball on January and it was well worth the price of admission. Keep the tables coming!

+ Xamindar on March 23rd, 2010 at 1:56 pm said:

Great to hear new tables are coming out but honestly you guys haven’t fixed problems with the V12 table that comes with the game. It lags a lot and slows down when lots of things are happening at the same time. Please fix that table so it plays smoothly. Then I may think about buying new tables.

+ KILLZONE79 on March 23rd, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

Hey zen studios any word on that patch for punisher no mercy yet?

+ Fishface45 on March 23rd, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

I wish you guys would fix the lag between hitting the button and seeing the bumper move. Other then that, it’s a fun game.

+ Rustbucket80 on March 23rd, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

Love your Zen pinball game from day one. It is the most realistic pinball experience IMO. I would love it if Zen studios could replicate some of the pinball tables I played in the arcade. I remeber a Rocky and Bullwinkle table and also a Simpsons pinball table. I fed so many quarters into both of those machines and have been looking to play them ever since. Pinball machines are not as big as they used to be and I would pay 5 bucks a table for the tables mentioned above. Otherwise, great work Zen!

+ tidas341 on March 23rd, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

looks awesome hope i get new ps3 to try it out

+ Siufu on March 23rd, 2010 at 8:57 pm said:

Hongkong PSN store didn’t get all the DLC including Street Fighter and Ninja Gaiden tables. (also a lot of other games as well…) Can somebody in Sony or Zen do something about it? Thanks.

+ AgentX on March 23rd, 2010 at 9:09 pm said:

Looks great! I got the other Zen Pinball tables, and I’ll be sure to pick up this one, too.

+ PantherX on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:04 pm said:

I love Zen pinball i just wish i was better at it and knew exactly what do on the tables its a little to much tria nd error for me figuring that out at times. ill get this table too ive bought them all so far, i should play them more.

+ Subzero316 on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:04 pm said:

looks like another great table by zen studios, ill be sure to buy it on thursday.

+ Pelt_Hunter on March 23rd, 2010 at 10:56 pm said:

Definitely going to get this one. I’ve held off on the Ninja Gaiden one but I bought the SFIV table. I think I’ll probably get the Sigma one and this. The whole alien invader thing is right up my alley.

+ Kamahl_rg on March 23rd, 2010 at 11:04 pm said:

looks good, ill get it :D

+ TheTuneFreak on March 24th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

DEAR ZEN PINBALL… I can’t wait for the new table, I’ll check to see if I can snag it after I watch Letterman… Could you please give us some real useful tips & tricks for ALL of your tables? I get frustrated has all hell when I get smoked 10 mil to 100k in under a minute… How about adding a RANDOMizer on points? And we need MORE tournaments! While I’m asking-how about ZP swag? Thanks for listening & keep up the great work!
P’s,
Mike

+ deadahead on March 24th, 2010 at 8:49 pm said:

Love It! Looks awesome, I still think you guys should bring back the Johnny Neumonic pinball table. That was one of the best pinball tables I ever played!! Keep up the good work Zen!

+ HawkEyes1 on March 25th, 2010 at 1:40 am said:

Lame why can’t they get the real Pinball games from the 80′s and 90′s on the PSN?..

+ surgesnugs on March 25th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

Is there any way you guys can work harder to make your rule sheets make sense? My wife and I were reading the one for this new table and it just doesn’t make any sense. Plus, you put pictures next to each rule, I guess trying to indicate what ramp or whatever you’re referring to, but it’s difficult to even figure out what the pictures are of.

+ reinbowyuki on April 1st, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

yo

+ thnogg on April 2nd, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

Zen Pinball is my favorite game on the PS3! Thanks for make such a great, expandable game. Replay value in infinite. I love the multiplayer aspect. Keep the tables coming. I hope this is a cash cow for you guys. I think Zen Pinball could bring a lot of new people to the genre.

I also would like to request that you make the rule sheets more clear. Here’s an example, “What the heck is a habitrail?” Many of the explanations are really clear and the images are often not very helpful. I’d like it better if each page of info had a video and audio that the player could watch, because that would probably be a lot clearer.

Thanks again for a wonderful game!