PS4-Watch_Dogs

Coming to PSN this Week: Blue Toad Murder Files

Jade Tidy's Avatar + Posted by Jade Tidy on Mar 24, 2010 // Producer, Relentless Software

Jeff was kind enough to welcome me into SCEA’s offices to film an interview and record some footage to show off the forthcoming Blue Toad Murder Files for PS3/PSN. What you can’t see in the video is that they kindly supplied a background of rain and cloud, just to make me feel more at home!

(Editor’s note: You may notice some slight flickering in the video. Please note, this was caused by an issue with our capture system, NOT the game.)

Blue Toad Murder Files – The Mysteries of Little Riddle will be available on the PlayStation Store tomorrow, March 25. Episodes 1 – 3 can be bought together for $14.99 or individually for $7.49 per episode. I hope you have fun solving the puzzles and uncovering the ‘Whodunnits’ in each episodes. If you enjoy the first three episodes, there’s not long to wait until April 29 when episodes 4, 5 and 6 launch.

Happy detecting!

PAGE 1 2

+ HarveyX on March 24th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

How many puzzles per chapter? Seems like a nice game to play with my siblings.

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

Including the Case Reviews (where you answer questions about what you’ve seen so far) and Whodunnits – 16 per episode, so around 100 for the series.

+ solace357 on March 24th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

pretty sure Jeff almost called it blue turd murder files like 2 times haha. This looks interesting, any plans for a trial version of some sort?

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

hehe – I’m glad he fudged up instead of me – I was a tad nervous!

+ HIGHESTofTHEMALL on March 24th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

Looking forward to it

+ BigRon3400 on March 24th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

I want this game.

+ pasufarin on March 24th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to this title since I saw some things about it around the time of the EU release. The murder setting and the art/character designs were intriguing.

+ UNCyrus on March 24th, 2010 at 8:38 am said:

Thanks for the blog post, but what’s up with the sound in the video, Jeff? Sounds like you two were inside of a sock… >_<

+ SarshelYam on March 24th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Fantastic Jade. SO happy we in the states are finally seeing this. The comparisons are going to be made so please excuse mine but, this reminds me of the Professor Layton series. I loved those, so I’m greatly looking forward to the purchase tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a brief walkthrough on one of the fist murders. I’ll be opting to buy the bundle and look forward to the next volley in April.

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

Yay – I’m really happy too :D In fact, I’m going stay awake for the release (it will be about midnight in the UK when it goes live on the store!).

+ megamixer on March 24th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

All episodes out within a month? Oh man, there’s going to be a special 6 episode bundle isn’t there? I’d wait but… I just really want to play this even if those kinds of fill in the letter puzzles make my head hurt :p

Good on these and other european devs by the way. They’ve filled my PS3 with a lot of great games this generation!

+ perrandy on March 24th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

wow the chick is pretty hot!
love her accent <3 <3 <3

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

Is this in reference to my red cheeks? :p

+ RagingRaven874 on March 24th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

from briton, england lol

+ WackyWeedCreed on March 24th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Awesome!

I’ve been wondering when this was coming to the states. Looks very intriguing.

+ jwr718 on March 24th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

Spoiler Alert! haha Jk. At first glance I didn’t realize to read the words backwards. Lol

+ designheadache on March 24th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

For those that haven’t played it in the US and want to know more:

- There are around 12 puzzles per chapter
- Its fantastically put together and is funny and appropriate for children and adults (my partner and I play it with our younger son)
- There is only one solution per puzzle, unfortunately they don’t randomise in anyway and I read somewhere the devs have said they may look at doing this for game 2.
- Each chapter takes roughly an hour to go through (longer if you get stuck on the puzzles! Although you can just give up and move on with the story if you like)
- The puzzles are well put together and offer a variety of different brain teasers, and don’t repeat those types over the episodes frequently.
- I suspect you US peeps will rather like the “old” English accents in the game, they are very well done!

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Hey, are you trying to steal my job? :) I couldn’t have answered better myself!

+ sfgdfds on March 24th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

fun!

+ SpyDudeFX on March 24th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I got to play this thanks to a friend, very unique, fun game. I’ll buy this tomorrow.

+ axeblade07 on March 24th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Looks cool!

+ polo155 on March 24th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

i was watching a preview of this game, looks fun, i will try this… i had a great time yesterday at the NYC Blog Meet.. Very down to earth people from the blog.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 24th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

I DONT THINK ANYONE NOTICE BUT AT THE VERY END OF THE INTERVIEW JEFF CALLED THE GAME “BLUE TURD”..LMFAO THAT JUST MADE THE WHOLE INTERVIEW FROM BORING TO HILLARIOUSLY INTRESTING.

+ sam_i_jam on March 24th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

This is definitely one of the few PSN titles on my radar (this and Sam and Max).

A great example of story and puzzle-solving there. A far-better looking Professor Layton essentially. Probably a great game to collaborate on with a friend or girlfriend/boyfriend as you work to solve the puzzles and riddles.

+ adolson on March 24th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

I have never understood why an episodic game would release several episodes at once, but I won’t question it… I’ll just buy it.

+ x9248 on March 24th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

@18 lol yea I think he even did it twice… hilarious!

Anyways have been looking forward to this, can’t wait :)

+ Doomer112290 on March 24th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Lol. Nice Job saying “Blue Turd”.

Can’t wait for the game. Looks awesome.

+ plaztiksyke on March 24th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

I’ve been waiting 6 months for this finally to be released in the NA region. If I could pre-order the whole season like I did with Sam&Max, I would. Too bad the last 3 episodes release so closely with Sam&Max; really poor release planning on SCEA’s part yet again.

Hopefully the first 3 episodes have high-quality audio. if the audio is crappy like TellTale’s WiiWare or games or Dead Space, I’m very likely to skip the last 3 episodes.

very excited for this,
thanks!!

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

No problem – I hope we meet your audio standards so you make it to the end of the season :)

+ lukeike on March 24th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

lulzz …blue turd…

+ megalodonshark on March 24th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

this is all fine and good, but i for one am still waiting for some solid psone classics. please give us some info on each weeks psone classics. i would really like to see both doom and final doom, diablo, suikoden II, both vandal hearts games, not to mention around 40 others to numerous to mention.

+ sNsKid on March 24th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

I am really excited for this. I can’t wait to play.

+ remanutd5 on March 24th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

getting it day 1 , i wanted to buy from the European Store but for some reason it doesnt accept my credit cards lol

+ traininvain90 on March 24th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

Hmm, this looks very interesting! =D

+ Bareed235 on March 24th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

The game looks AWESOME!!
and I love your accent!!

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

thanks :D

+ Rhez on March 24th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

OH wow! Now I know what I’ll be doing tomorrow night. I love British humor, mix that up with some classic Christie detecting and I’m set.

Which reminds me…I wonder if a game could be made in the vein of “Murder by Death”. Something like that would have to be made in Britain. We Americans can’t quite nail the humor just right.

+ perrandy on March 24th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

@ jade tidy that was a reference to all of you,babe! ;0)

+ aukevin on March 24th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Looks like a lot of fun. Definitely getting it tomorrow.

+ Frejim on March 24th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

i’ll check this game!!!

+ decimalator on March 24th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

Great interview! I’ve been anxious to play this, looks REALLY fun.

And Jade, you did great. At least you didn’t call your game a turd like Jeff did.

+ starBlinky01 on March 24th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

I like her! Shes hot!

I was excited for this game since it was first announced.
I will of course be waiting for reviews like all my DLC, but I really look forward to playing it.

+ starBlinky01 on March 24th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

I think Jeff was a bit nervous.. a girl!!

+ acerazer1 on March 24th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

WHAT A BABE

I WILL DEFINITELY BE GETTING THIS TOMORROW, LOVE PROFESSOR LAYTON

NICE JOB WITH THE SOLUTION JEFF, SPOT ON!

ALSO, HOT FUZZ, GOOD TIMES…….

I’M TYPING IN CAPS BECAUSE I’M INSANE

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

HOT FUZZ IS ACE – HAVE YOU SEEN SPACED?

+ banjo5150 on March 24th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Jade your time was well spent, as I for one never heard of the game. I will be purchasing it tomorrow based on what I saw today. My wife and I should enjoy this together.

+ kdiep on March 24th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Will this game be available on Amazon.com’s PSN store? I got a bit of credit there I would like to use.

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

We have selected for it to be available via Amazon as well :) You guys are very lucky, we don’t get that option in the UK!

+ kdiep on March 24th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Woho! You saved me Jade! I needed to spend those credit/points and I have yet to find something there that I was genuinely interested in, and here you go and put something that I actually want up there xD and just before those credit expires too (think it was March 30th).

I just hope there won’t be a delay (Trine released on Amazon a week after the original PSN’s release).

Jade Tidy's Avatar

+ Jade Tidy on March 24th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

Oooh could be perfect timing then! When we become available on Amazon is out of our hands, although Sony did say they hope it should be tomorrow as well.

+ Chippendale666 on March 24th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

Yeah her pink cheeks make her look adorable, its making me sick :)

+ acerazer1 on March 24th, 2010 at 1:56 pm said:

Hahah Spaced… yes I’ve seen a few episodes, my old roommate was a big fan. I haven’t gotten around to seeing both seasons in full though. Hopefully one day.

+ Alias03 on March 24th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

Game looks great. Looking forward to playing through it.

+ altair_killer on March 24th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

WOW what a goddess 0_0 we need more like her on the blog
Imma go buy this game just for the accent(and the chick -_-)

+ AlexLucard on March 24th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

About bloody time! I’m glad to see this finally hit the States.

remanutd5 – You need a British address and Credit Card to use the UK PSN Store. I used my secondary address in Surrey and my card for when I’m over there to purchase this and other games we can’t currently get in the US.

Europe is definitely the best when it comes to making point and click adventure games. Between this, Bracken Tor and The Last Crown, it’s a really great year for British developed mysteries.

+ Gibeon_da_Soulja on March 24th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

5:08-5:12 lol at the guy in the background

+ KainDrake on March 24th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

you’re cute. love your accent.

+ Morphine16 on March 24th, 2010 at 6:56 pm said:

Looks like something different, will try

+ Pelt_Hunter on March 24th, 2010 at 7:20 pm said:

Will be getting the set. I was disappointed to hear the episodes only last 1 hour and offer no replayability whatsoever but I will be more than happy if I get 3 of them to solve. I love the murder mystery concept. Also, the 2D Matt Hazard game could use a $5 sale… really would like to pick that one up but $15 is a bit much.

+ Vibracobra on March 24th, 2010 at 8:58 pm said:

The game looks really nice, but why don’t any of the characters move their arms? Are they rigged to move? When the mayor dies it looks like he is a fish flopping on the ground.

It also looks like the backgrounds are 2D flats instead of fully 3D modeled environments.

PAGE 1 2