Farpoint

Mar 24

Mar 24

Spring Fever Returns on PlayStation Network!

Ro Hernandez's Avatar Posted by Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Hey PSN Folks –

Spring Fever returns! Join us as PlayStation Network celebrates exceptional games during Spring Fever, one of our biggest annual events. Find spring-inspired game sales, special content bundles and exclusive bonus items only downloadable on the PlayStation Store. This week’s offerings include Gravity Crash (PS3) and Everyday Shooter (PS3) and (PSP) each for $4.99 (regularly priced $9.99).

Each week, more PS3 and PSP game favorites and DLC will be available at big discounts. Be sure to check back every week as new sale items enter the spring spotlight with a very special bonus: With your game purchase, receive a male and female piece of the Spring Fever Home Avatar Costume as a gift.

PSN Spring Fever 2010

Collect all five to create a stylish bee outfit for male avatars and a fashion-forward flowerpot costume for females — and give your Home Avatar a new, sought-after look for the spring season! Note – you must have a valid email address for fulfillment of the Home avatar costume voucher code.

Home Bee Costume Home Flower Costume

So, catch Spring Fever with the rest of PlayStation Network and come away with great games, new content and special gifts. The big event is all season long on PlayStation Store, so visit early and check back often!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Voozi said:

March 24th, 11:02 am

Nice hoping to score some good deals on things I may not have bought yet that I may be interested in.

Microshock said:

March 24th, 11:07 am

So what happens if you have all 5 of the things that you need for the Spring Fever costume?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

Ro Hernandez said:

March 24th, 12:00 pm

The sale runs for 10 weeks, so hopefully there will be some featured sale content that you don’t own yet.

KidCommando said:

March 24th, 11:12 am

Everyday Shooter is a fun, original, and difficult twin stick shooting game. Pretty damn good deal for $5 in my opinion.

Looking forward to seeing what else will be on sale in the coming weeks….hopefully some games I haven’t purchased already will get a cut.

Chowbacca said:

March 24th, 11:13 am

sweet, now if only spring will come by here soon. stupid snow

sNsKid said:

March 24th, 11:18 am

Everyday Shooter is definitely getting purchased!!

gosox said:

March 24th, 11:18 am

good deals

MattyMc13 said:

March 24th, 11:19 am

I wish we could know more of the games that are on sale in advance, I like that :)
If not for seeing this ad, then I would have bought Patchwork Heroes by now. It looks like a fun game, but I’m just wondering how long would the story mode is and if you can replay it’s levels.

CRONIC_GAMER said:

March 24th, 11:20 am

Tryed every day shooter it would be best suited for the Move controller!!

UNCyrus said:

March 24th, 11:20 am

Everyone loves a good sale!

Jetup said:

March 24th, 11:23 am

What if you already bought the game? Do you still get the items for the Home avatar?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

Ro Hernandez said:

March 24th, 12:04 pm

Unfortunately, if you previously purchased, you aren’t automatically entitled to the Home avatar costume pieces. However, after the 10-week campaign, the costume will be available for purchase in Home.

ExPresident said:

March 24th, 11:24 am

Sales are always a good thing! :)

Shin-Ra said:

March 24th, 11:25 am

How’s Dead Nation looking? ;)

SDkngsht said:

March 24th, 11:26 am

if you guys make a PixelJunk Monsters 2 then i’ll download that immediately…discount or not. i don’t even care if a piece of the bee outfit comes with it. just give me PJ Monsters 2 and my spring is SET!

StrykerIsland said:

March 24th, 11:28 am

I’ll pick up Trine, Braid and Pixeljunk Shooter if they go on sale for 4.99 each.

pgsdi said:

March 24th, 11:34 am

So let me get this straight…To obtain the Home costume…we have to buy a “spring sale” game evey week for 5 weeks to get the voucher? OR…. do we get the Home costume with just purchasing a sale game?

More clarification please….

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

Ro Hernandez said:

March 24th, 12:06 pm

Sure, here are the deets:

Each week a male and female piece of the costume will be unlocked as a reward when someone purchases an item from the spring fever sale. The schedule is as follows:
    Week 1 – bee feet, flower pot feet
    Week 2 – bee legs, flower pot legs
    Week 3 – bee torso, flower pot torso
    Week 4 – bee hands, flower pot hands
    Week 5 – bee head, flower pot head
    Week 6 – bee feet, flower pot feet
    Week 7 – bee legs, flower pot legs
    Week 8 – bee torso, flower pot torso
    Week 9 – bee hands, flower pot hands
    Week 10 – bee head, flower pot head

megamixer said:

March 24th, 11:34 am

Will any new games be released in conjunction with the spring fever theme? Last year has Noby Noby Boy and Flower and so on which was pretty great.

iCyCo said:

March 24th, 11:34 am

Trine was recently 1/2 off.. and now it has a permanent price drop at $15.. I missed my chance to buy it at $10, hoepfully it gets another reduction/sale

jaybay27 said:

March 24th, 11:35 am

I know this is a long shot where there coming up with new games! but when they going to come up with a new yugioh game for the playstation 3

SarshelYam said:

March 24th, 11:39 am

So..I own one of the games and the new pricing on some of the others is tempting a purchase. If I buy the remainder, will I simply be out a piece because I already purchased it day one? Seems something of a punishment for those early adopters who paid full price many moons ago for games like Everyday Shooter. How is this going to work?

plaztiksyke said:

March 24th, 11:46 am

when will Everyday Shooter get a trophy patch? It’s such a great example of a fun, unique indie game! Lemmings, flOw, and echochrome all got trophy patches — it’s Everyday Shooter’s turn! :)

It would also be awesome if the music in Everyday Shooter was updated as well with losslessly compressed audio. My partner loves playing it just for the music sometimes :)

PS: Piyotama also deserves a trophy patch — such a fun game!

PPS: A trophy patch for Siren: Blood Curse in time for Halloween would be most welcome as well!

perrandy said:

March 24th, 11:49 am

spring fever ftw!

pSyChO_aSyLuM said:

March 24th, 11:50 am

I’m hoping for a Megaman 10 discount! :D

bka4u2c said:

March 24th, 11:51 am

I’m guessing this goes into effect tomorrow, because Everyday Shooter is still $10 on PSN.

issa3032 said:

March 24th, 11:51 am

Guys I just want Super Stardust HD for $4.99 or $9.99 with all the DLC and it’s a DONE DEAL!!!

magoo_1080p said:

March 24th, 11:55 am

I hope they discount Flower again, because I missed it the last time it went on sale. Would be nice to save some coin on MLB 10 for the PSP too. I’ve been thinking about buying it but with no online play or roster updates this year $40 seems way too pricey.

Grouken said:

March 24th, 12:16 pm

They should add which games/DLC are on sale every week because if we want something from Week 1 and Week 6, we receive only one Home piece.

reson8er said:

March 24th, 12:27 pm

I “lost” my everyday shooter game after I switched PSN ID’s to my current ID. I have been waiting for a sale so that I can somewhat justify re-buying a game I already purchased.

Why is it not possible for your purchased content to carry over?! ; ; Anyway, At least its going to Jonathan Mak that guy is hilarious. Hear anything from him lately?

Moosehole said:

March 24th, 12:27 pm

Well if anything this tells me that I should no longer buy PSN games when they are first released. Nope, I shouldn’t support the devs or Sony by purchasing these titles at full price because not only will I be able to get them for half off later on, but I’ll get additional free stuff as well. Lesson learned. Thanks, Ro.

People who already purchased these games at full price should be getting the bonus items as well.

SeraphimArietta said:

March 24th, 12:38 pm

What does the home costume look like?

How come there isn’t a female bee costume?

VinHikaru said:

March 24th, 12:44 pm

I’d love to get Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII on PSN if they’re part of this sale!

The1stMJC said:

March 24th, 12:49 pm

Oh I always wanted to pick up Everyday Shooter and that price is great. But my 60gb PS3 like many others has died and I won’t have access to the store for awhile :(

crusher915 said:

March 24th, 1:04 pm

i hope you will lower the price on cod:waw bundle i can buy socom or wipeout fury or burnout paradise for that money

MaDogNik96 said:

March 24th, 1:05 pm

I’ve been having so much spring fever lately :). Please tell me the Flower soundtrack will be released soon due to the Spring Fever theme going on. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

MrBeatdown said:

March 24th, 1:10 pm

Cool. Probably needless to say, I love it when you guys run sales like this. I kind of wish we knew it all up front though just so I wasn’t hesistant about buying anything for the next ten weeks.

I’m hoping to see a lot of cheaper DLC for some older games. I’d love to see the two MotorStorm Pacific Rift expansions go for $10 combined. The Fallout 3 expansions going for $25 for all five would be nice as well. They’ve been that price on, well, the… other system, twice now. I’d probably jump on the Killzone DLC bundle as well, if that got reduced price.

robertmc8 said:

March 24th, 1:26 pm

What if your ps3 being repair? I won’t get mine back for next two weeks Would there be an optional buy Bee costume full at home for $3.99?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

Ro Hernandez said:

March 24th, 1:34 pm

Yes, after the 10-week campaign there will be the option to purchase the costume in Home.

EdEN_Zardos said:

March 24th, 1:40 pm

Mmm, I won’t be getting any home clothes on week 1 since I’ve already purchased Gravity Crash. Can’t wait to see what the games/dlc on sale are each week. Have to make the most of the two $20 PSN card I put into my account last week…

Maguss said:

March 24th, 1:45 pm

Please please please include Flock on this sale, I missed out last year when it went on sale. I’ve wanted it so bad since the demo came out and just haven’t had money to buy it : (

acerazer1 said:

March 24th, 1:58 pm

I agree with 20, everyday shooter does need a trophy patch, such a great game.

MarssRoxx said:

March 24th, 2:00 pm

COD WAW bundle would be great if reduced

JKC31 said:

March 24th, 2:15 pm

Still don’t see why you guys can’t start your day a couple of hours earlier on Thursdays and get the store up at a time that will please the people buying the stuff you work hard to get up every week.

Plus, it seems curl not to give a list of what’s known to come a couple of weeks out. You should always be working to ensure the customer is getting the best possible deal. This hit and run attitude needs to stop.

FunkyTable said:

March 24th, 2:15 pm

How many games are going to be offered every week?

Here are the games I’ve been waiting to buy:

Flow
Lumines Supernova
Pixeljunk Monsters
Super Stardust HD (I’ve waited for this one a loooooong time)
Worms ($3 off back in january didn’t cut it for me)
Pixeljunk Shooter
Mushroom Wars
Astro Tripper
Zuma
Shatter
Fat Princess

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

Ro Hernandez said:

March 24th, 2:21 pm

At least (1) game a week will be discounted.

Zarxce said:

March 24th, 2:19 pm

I think I bought all the PSN games I was interested in already…well, except for Trine. If that goes on sale for 9.99 again, I’ll probably pick that up. Other than that, I can’t really imagine anything that would be enticing enough for me to buy…

OH. Actually, I take that back. Discounted PS1 classics?

sdmf4ever said:

March 24th, 2:23 pm

There are several games and add-ons that I have yet to purchase, so it would be nice if some of these were included in the reduced prices: Super Stardust HD w/DLC, FFVII and FF VIII respectively ($10 is too much since I already have them on PS One, but it sure would be nice to play them on PSP); Braid (missed it before), Pixel Junk Shooter, Trine (missed it the last time), Fat Princess, both Megaman games, and numerous other add-ons. Even a reduction on all the Disgaea 3 DLC would be an added bonus, since altogether it costs around $50+. What about a reduction on POP: Epilogue and SFIV costume pack (they were reduced last week on the EU store)?

Armstrong said:

March 24th, 2:36 pm

WIPEOUT HD PLEASE!

tj5678 said:

March 24th, 2:47 pm

Please reduce the price of the downloadable psp titles to match their umd counterparts. I just bought the psp titles ff disgeasa, persona, and soul caliber on amazon for under 20 dollars each (these titles are all 40 dollars on the network store). I own both the go and slim psps and got tired of waiting for the network to reduce the price of those games. I prefer to purchase the games for the psp as downloads, but refuse to pay double “pspgo tax”. Also please make every effort to bring all the legacy titles to the store and all of the new titles (only about half the new psp titles are making an appearence). thanks

LokeSTL said:

March 24th, 3:03 pm

Cut the price on Prince of Persia Epilogue please! ;-)

Thrasher20 said:

March 24th, 3:33 pm

I’m getting that bee costume!!

Watchmann said:

March 24th, 3:41 pm

Ever since holiday 2009, Sony has done a commendable job of offering up some stellar sales on a regular basis.

ndw4 said:

March 24th, 4:12 pm

Compared to last year’s Spring Fever this kinda blows since it isn’t for new games. I don’t want to play old PSN games, I want new ones. And only weird people would wear those costumes in Home which ain’t that good anyway. But I’m loving God of War 3, Uncharted 2, and Heavy Rain!

Redsteel_blade said:

March 24th, 4:16 pm

I wanna buy rocket racing for $2.99 :D
I HAVE A PSP 3000 (CFW 6.20) and i wanna know if the psp minis enter into the discount. im gonna buy resident evil 3 too.

PAGE 1 2