No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet: This Week in DLC

Mick Perona's Avatar + Posted by Mick Perona on Mar 29, 2010 // Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Hey everyone, happy Monday! This week, we have some really “Incredible” news to share with you! So without further adieu…

What’s New?

Incredibles LittleBigPlanet

There is no longer any reason to be scared should the cities of LittleBigPlanet become threatened by an evil super villain, for The Incredibles will be here to save us all.

Coming soon to the LittleBigStore is The Incredibles Costume Kit inspired by the Disney/Pixar animated feature, The Incredibles. This huge pack features NINE costumes: all of The Incredibles family (including a “Retro” Mr. Incredible sporting his classic blue costume), their allies Frozone and Edna Mode, and their arch nemesis, Syndrome. Individual costumes of The Incredibles will also be available for purchase.

Also hitting the LittleBigStore at the same time, The Incredibles Level Kit, featuring a Gallery Level filled with memorable landmarks from The Incredibles, prize bubbles containing all the materials used to make it, and masses of other collectibles. Stretch and dash your way across the rooftops of the city, investigate the more secret parts of the Parr family home, explore the jungles of Nomanisan Island, where Syndrome’s base is located, before taking a trip on his monorail system into the heart of the base itself.

The Incredibles DLC for LittleBigPlanet will be available on the PlayStation Store April 8!

New on the PlayStation Store

April Fools “Fragrances Costume” for LBP PS3 (FREE) – Grab this free DLC for SackBoy or SackGirl and celebrate April Fools Day in LittleBigPlanet style! Available this Thursday, this little gem will only be available for one week so don’t miss out!

LBP Fragrance Costume

Islands Costume for LBP PSP (FREE) – Coming to the store this Thursday, grab this free costume from the Islands Theme Pack!

LBP Island Costume Add-On

Islands Theme Pack for LBP PSP ($2.99) – Available this Thursday, download a new set of costumes and CREATE materials to create your own LittleBigPlanet PSP Islands levels! The Islands Theme Pack includes 3 Costume items, 13 CREATE Materials, 15 Stickers, 1 Music file, and 1 Background to create your very own Islands levels!

LBP Island Theme Add-On

PAGE 1 2

+ Rinder on March 29th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

YES! No trophies!
Just got done with PotC trophies..
I HATE DLC trophies!

+ eksMAN on March 29th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

i wish u would get in contact with whoever owns the teenage mutant ninja turtles rights and release a costume and level pack(ie mgs4 cost/lvl pk)

+ Rhez on March 29th, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

Wow! Finally some LBP love. My PS3 was getting jealous of my PSP. (Sorry, didn’t dig the Sonic set) But INCREDIBLES! I LOVE PIXAR! I will definitely be getting these! Plus the level kit!

I mean Sackboy is an awesome superhero as it is but who could go wrong with red spandex? I mean these were designed by Edna Mode after all.

P.S. pass a note on to Disney: We want the Incredibles on BluRay.

+ MaDogNik96 on March 29th, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

Nice. This looks good. I haven’t played LBP in awhile (since the release of the PotC kit). I agree with the people who are saying you should release a Disney Classic’s set with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, etc. I don’t know if this is possible, but if Disney has enough rights to the Kingdom Hearts franchise, you could ask to use some of them for costumes.

+ Musoka_Eimin on March 29th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

Lol, fragrances costumes, now thats a weird April Fools, hoping theres something for us :P Although by then I maybe cut off of PSN for refusing to let tyrants destroy my living room computer lol.

+ R1LEY62 on March 29th, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

@Seahawk313 No I doubt that. Accounting on that the psp version of the game gets all the cheap, undetailed costumes… Oh yeah and that reminds me what ever happened to that lunar/spacesuit costume that Sony Cambridge teased before the game was released? Because that costume was one of the few reasons I bought the game. Know anything about that Mark?

+ VBartilucci on March 29th, 2010 at 7:46 pm said:

No Frozone? Awwww…

+ VBartilucci on March 29th, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

Never mind, I can’t read.

+ JLP_M on March 29th, 2010 at 7:54 pm said:

Only if Sack Mrs.Incredible had the body like Mrs.Incredible :D

+ psyXcho on March 29th, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

wow these are all sorts of awesome. Too bad the price isn’t something I’m interested. cool but I’m cheap ;)

+ MauriGzz on March 29th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

”Fragances Costume” that truly seems hmm…interesting lol. Btw Mick this may be a bit offtopic, but could you give me a link to that pic of Nathan Drake of yours ? Looks really awesome!

+ Roguejedi5 on March 29th, 2010 at 8:32 pm said:

Those are some weird costumes for April fools. Just can’t wait to try them out to see how they work.

+ phinnv8 on March 29th, 2010 at 8:41 pm said:

Everyone vote down everything until Sony ends their April fools joke.

+ McDuck on March 29th, 2010 at 8:59 pm said:

Play. Create. Fail.

+ Vabor on March 29th, 2010 at 10:37 pm said:

YES! This made my day. So perfect.

+ Azure_FZ on March 29th, 2010 at 10:38 pm said:

@62

Take your whiny self somewhere else please.

MM has nothing to do with Sony you jerk. Stop being a jerk, just because your upset about an update, that you don’t even know if there serious or not.

Let people enjoy the costumes and look at them, not listen to you down rate devs for something Sony did.

+ HerbertFortoon on March 30th, 2010 at 3:20 am said:

Actually, I believe I read somewhere MM is owned by Sony now. Though I do wonder why all the more recent posts have so relatively few comments.
;-p

+ lame-id on March 30th, 2010 at 4:20 am said:

The incredibles costumes look great.
Maybe I’ll buy it if I’m able to logon before the next update comes out. However, since I don’t plan on losing a console feature, I won’t buy any of those if the update comes before it.

+ Arcticblue on March 30th, 2010 at 4:45 am said:

Can we get a chubby penguin costume in memory of OtherOS? :D

+ thepatcat on March 30th, 2010 at 4:55 am said:

Looks like a fun update. Shame I won’t be able to take advantage of it because of the firmware downgrade.

+ Donkey-er on March 30th, 2010 at 6:23 am said:

too bad there aren’t any trophies, otherwhise I would probably have picked this one up…

+ twooh on March 30th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Woo Hoo. More DLC ripoof milking this week. Go Mm.

+ Mattimeoo on March 30th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

Awesome, this thread is getting some replies. How about you guys you know, talk to the people over the firmware updates and demand they don’t remove OtherOS? Yeah, that would be awesome.

DON’T REMOVE OTHEROS.

+ sa3vis on March 30th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

NO WAY! Disney team up is awesome. Disney = Marvel which means Iron Man? PLZ…

+ flaco18530 on March 30th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

the April Fools “Fragrances Costume” is it only going to be only for a week or you can buy it whenever you want starting this thursday?

+ BULBABRAWLER29 on March 30th, 2010 at 3:24 pm said:

I think they should added Final Fantasy

+ ardeesonic on March 30th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Good, now make more please!

+ blasphemy7 on March 30th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

yea!, little big planet// TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO STAND UP/////1LUV/ 1THUG

+ ShadOforce on March 31st, 2010 at 12:09 am said:

That perfume costume better be in the PS Store tomorrow. >:(

+ Egz-Onine on March 31st, 2010 at 3:54 am said:

Awesome.

+ drunkenNATIVE on March 31st, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

PLEASE TRY AND GET A MARIO PACK I WOULD PAY AT LEAST $50 US FOR THAT (I know that wont happen any time soon.) but with that incredibles set does it come with them sticky black things?

+ drunkenNATIVE on March 31st, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Also can i get your help getting my last trophy the create one. My levels are called Maze-Maze 10 or look up my PSN ID drunkenNATIVE. My levels are based off my book called Patience. I’m on twitter and facebook look up ExaltB2

+ yayday on March 31st, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

um… wow,the incredibles look disturbing as sackpeople(especially the baby HAHA) i dont wanna be rude or anything but they look creepy.

+ Eneque on April 1st, 2010 at 2:53 am said:

I hope the fragrance costumes in the future will be compatible with the ps3 scent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkJEJ008esU&feature=player_embedded

+ Hooligantuan on April 1st, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Gag DLC = Funny

Gag that there will be DLC = Lame

+ kingsfan86 on April 1st, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

What time does this all come out? Or is it out now? cuz about an hr ago i checked and the only new item in the LBP page waz the Sonic Costumes.

+ Hooligantuan on April 1st, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

Okaaayyyy… so I downloaded *something* … I think?

Where is it? What is it?

+ cell989 on April 2nd, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

If you guys managed Disney characters, I know for sure now, that you guys can manage MARVEL characters too.

+ G_i_g_a_n_t_o_r on April 4th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

I so want this. Too bad I can’t access the PSN Store anymore since I refuse to upgrade.

+ DamnBoxes on April 5th, 2010 at 1:14 am said:

@G_i_g_a_n_t_o_r
I would also have liked to be part of the April Fools thing, but I too do not support the New & Exclusive ‘PlayStation Downgrades’

+ Volt233 on April 8th, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

The Incredibles!! Amazing! But question when is the MARVEL pack coming? And if they’re thinking about doing a 9 movie costume pack with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, 9, and the Manufacturing Machine would be great!!

PAGE 1 2