PS4-The Order

Meet The Tester Cast Members Amped and Cyrus in PlayStation Home Tomorrow

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Mar 30, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Last week we got to know Big D and Nauseous during their special appearance in PlayStation Home. Both had hilarious things to say about their experiences on The Tester and we found out more about what happened when the cameras weren’t rolling. Many of you have been asking about two of the strongest contestants Amped and Cyrus. Well, due to popular demand, both are scheduled to appear in The Tester PlayStation Home Theater tomorrow, March 31 from 6PM PDT/9 PM EDT – 7:30 PM PDT/10:30 PM EDT.

Amped and Cyrus Home Billboard

Now, with only two episodes left in the series, the competition gets really intense and ‘Amped’ and ‘Cyrus’ both have a serious shot at winning it all. Come meet them in PlayStation Home on Wednesday night.

And remember, Episode 7 “Killer Memory” debuts this Thursday and the Season Finale is one week later on April 8. Look forward to seeing you in PlayStation Home.

PAGE 1 2

+ LETHARGIC474 on March 30th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Sweet. I’ll be there.

+ HlPPE on March 30th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

Holy crap this is exciting. I cant WAIT to see what happens!!!

+ zerorules44 on March 30th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

MY TWO FAVORITES!! (On a sidenote, they seem to be getting closer and closer during the show ;) lol)

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 30th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Stay tuned to the final episodes of the season…

+ TrueFFVIIFan on March 30th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Damn it! Where is SUBTITLE FOR THIS SHOW?!?!? Come on, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND FIND A WAY TO MAKE THIS WORK! Damn it!

+ Skunka on March 30th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Nice lol…! Looking forward to frolicking with you, Cyrus & Amped, in PlayStation home tomorrow. Maybe you 2 will be down to check out my S.V.E.R. home space…? lol

+ almighty-slayer on March 30th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

Cyrus for the win.

Amped is ugly >.>

+ KidCommando on March 30th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

awww, that is not very nice almighty-slayer. :(

+ artform-fazeone on March 30th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

See yall there!

+ Hidstar on March 30th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

Too bad I uninstalled Home.

+ Skunka on March 30th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

You said it right, Hidstar…

to bad for YOU!

+ CarmenSanD13go on March 30th, 2010 at 8:34 am said:

I hope in the future Sony takes into consideration when making original content programs those who cannot hear. Though my friends don’t mind reading lips every once in a while or if I’m around I can interpret some of what’s being said as well, they would like to see subtitles, as TrueVIIIfan suggested earlier. But regardless they, like myself are enjoying the show!

I don’t have a personal favorite, I think all of them would make good Testers for Sony XD

+ BiezulbubBill69 on March 30th, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

I should be home from work by 6:30 so hopefully i can make it.

+ Creu-Neko on March 30th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Grr. They’re both pricks. I dislike Amped and Cyrus

+ Jersquall on March 30th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

These Q & A sessions in Home are very cool now. Keep up the good work guys. See you in theatre!

+ R3Dinstinct on March 30th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

That’s pretty cool but were are the real celebs lol jk this is cool

+ poweredbyzen on March 30th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

good luck to both. will the winner travel around the united states to promote video games and world peace?!

+ Darkedson on March 30th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

is it just me, but i think a couple of the people on the show are plants, what i mean is that they are actors and not really gamers, the show just comes across as scripted and unrealistic, fact of the matter is when you put a bunch alphas in the same room there would be alot of fighting cause everyone of them wants to be top dog.

+ NoobHunter91 on March 30th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Pretty good idea sony is always the best

+ F-minus on March 30th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

@ 17 Darkedson

YES…. it is just you

+ RuthlessEd on March 30th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Every few months, Sony decides to yank another feature from the PS3 (USB ports, media card readers, PS2 hardware emulation, PS2 software emulation, SACD, voice chat in Home, OtherOS, etc…) making the PS3 the first console in history to continually get worse over time.

Thank God we have The Tester though. That makes everything better.

+ Mattimeoo on March 30th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Awesome! I’ll be there demanding OtherOS be left on my Playstation! Hopefully whining the entire time in Home will help because there has been no feedback at all, we’ve been totally ignored in the proper thread for the issue.

+ Cyris on March 30th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

So my name is Cyris, and then this guy comes along, and although spelled Cyrus, I get friend requests all the time from people thinking that I’m him.

I’ve never watched an episode of this show either, so I don’t know if he’s really all that awesome.

+ Tjoeb123 on March 30th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

Now I wish that either A) I was among those playing in the show, or B) had access to my PS3 (which is at my house) here at my college.

BTW, does anyone know if Home is usable via Remote Play?

+ FritoZ on March 30th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Offtopic

Can Someone please tell the High velocity Bowling Devs the servers haven’t updated in over a month and we aren’t getting trophies or or proper ranking!

thanks! sorry to hijack, but no one on the official forums has acknowledged the huge cry from gamers about this situation!

/Offtopic

+ xaos on March 30th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

@3 Well, they appeared to be there together at the God of War event in SF :P

+ npng80 on March 30th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

I’ll probably get ignored again, but last time I posted requesting an explanation of why they (Luge & Doc) didn’t show up… (for big D and Neuses I didn’t know it) and I got ignored.. below was my request for explanation.. hope this gets answered.. before I decide anything

“I really need some answers.. Yesterday you guys really wasted lots of people’s time. If it was like some people say that this event were for selected few then you guys should have put that in the blog when advertising this event. At least an apology would be very nice.. but i am not hearing any of that”.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 30th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Sorry your question was not answered earlier. The community turn out for the Luge and Doc appearance exceeded our expectations. Luge and Doc were kind enough to remain for an extra :45 minutes as the Home Community Team managed to get them into all but one theater instance. We’re sorry that you were probably in that last theater and they never appeared when we ran out of time.

+ SDkngsht on March 30th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

i want to play a little couch vs couch in Buzz against Cyrus & the other cast members.

if i win i’m on season two! lol.

+ SDkngsht on March 30th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Playstation3…it does hook ups & love connections. lol

+ BEASTXJASON on March 30th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

So we know they make it through the next episode and she was at the gow party so….why bother watching?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on March 30th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

Because that’s the best way to find out for yourself who wins!

+ onipar on March 30th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

I have to admit, as much as I hate (and I mean HATE) reality TV, I really do enjoy watching The Tester.

I hope the launch of this show has been successful and we can look forward to seeing new seasons of this, and hopefully other PSN shows too! :-) (Just don’t start charging for it…k?)

+ triple_lei on March 30th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

I didn’t like how they kinda threw Fame Girl under the bus. They could have split their “vote” between Fame Girl and Big D to put their fates back in the judges hands!

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 30th, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

I hear on Thursday’s episose Uncyrus has his linux removed. It is gruesome.

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 30th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

@31…maybe that is why Fame Girl is blabbing about who won…

+ xaos on March 30th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

@29, Cyrus was there too…

+ Stinkinmushroom on March 30th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

So… people are actually following this stuff?

+ CapinChronic on March 30th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

When will auditions for The Tester Canada be starting? since we Canadains got totally ripped off last time??

+ Trieloth on March 30th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Cool looking forward to the new episode :). Iam suprized that the people that dont like the show still come here and complain. Sigh

+ THE_SILENCE_ on March 30th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Do we get to chat with them or something?

+ B1GG1N on March 30th, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

The show’s opening montage has always revealed who will be in the final three as well as many other answers to cliffhanger moments during the season: Big D is shown doing LARP so no worries for elimination before then, Star is shown in martial arts class while Doc is not, etc. These moments are shown very quickly, but they are there. If I have learned one thing from Lost, you always view quick flash montages in slow motion. With that said though, I am still enjoying the show much more than I thought I would, and I want Nauseous or Star (I don’t find her half as bad as most people do) to win.

+ jimfear on March 30th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Amped i luv you, call me when you want <3

haha

+ bri0654 on March 30th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

i’ve been analyzing the tidbits from the show and on one trailer i think i saw who the final three are:
1. Cyrus
2. Amped
3. Nauseous
I think it will be between Cyrus and Nauseous
sorry Amped :(

+ improperlyaged on March 30th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

Again i wont be able to pickup the new episodes because i will not update my sytem and lose the ability to install another os. this will ILLEGALLY prevent me from signing in to psn and accessing the store and all its great content.

+ JakeRuiner on March 30th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

@41 i know its kinda obvious that Star’s leaving, she’s had tons of screw ups and is still in the show! she’s out in this coming episode i’m sure, the top three are cyrus, amped and nauseous.

I really thought Doc was going to be in the top three, guess he was right, the judges really did have it out for him lol

awesome show overall its a good way to kill some time when i’m bored =P (season 2 anyone?)

+ SpyDudeFX on March 30th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

Thx Kev for getting the Goat Chair returned in Home. They added it the next morning and I bought it. Funny chair.

+ JKC31 on March 30th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

I’ll go if I can get a Amped potato head for my Home apartment.

+ darthwolverine42 on March 30th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

i watch it but its not really that good of a show maybe have a out take show where people trip walking to the van or show of what they do after they win and stay thats always when the funny and good stuff happens on the reallty tv shows. jost to piont out i dont like realty tv but it is one of them a can sit and watch for the hole show the no add during the show big plus. p.s. i know this is not the spot for it but maybe give more outfits out to those who have the games. like star wars i have to buy the out fit when i had it 100 complete and had to delete all my save game so i chould get trophys. may be i should get it because i had bought the game i should not have to buy the outfits in ps home. we need more costumes to chose from like marvel guys and girls dc and even power rangers i for one would buy the green ranger from the first one in ps home. may be we chould put one thing in one hand and another in the other hand that wood be cool . forever a fan of playstation

+ LordRaymond on March 30th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Hm his seems pretty intersting. I disliked their alliance though which got what they wanted. Hm lets see if Star stays another episode lol.

+ scareforce18 on March 30th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

annoying

+ solace357 on March 30th, 2010 at 6:02 pm said:

Cyrus was a pretty cool dude, saw him at the move event in boston. Star was at PAX east working for IGN. But good point that guy made before, the opening credits.

+ dave910671 on March 30th, 2010 at 6:47 pm said:

what has psn done they have made a war with geo hots ooh no guess psn has screw their self over its going to be like the psp all over again and i would like to see party chat ,or listen to music while playing game what a waste of a update most people wont update

PAGE 1 2