PS4-Watch_Dogs

New PS3 Greatest Hits Titles Available Now

Ami Sheth's Avatar + Posted by Ami Sheth on Apr 01, 2010 // Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Hi everyone! We have some exciting news for those of you looking for another way to take advantage of the great value of the PS3 system. We’ll be rolling out ten, yes TEN, new PS3 “Greatest Hits” titles at retailers in U.S. and Canada over the course of the next few weeks. For $29.99 (MSRP), you can expand your library with some of our best-selling games like inFAMOUS, God of War Collection, Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 at an incredible price.

inFAMOUS Greatest Hits God of War Collection Greatest Hits

Killzone 2 Greatest Hits LBP Game of the Year Edition Greatest Hits

The newest additions to the “Greatest Hits” library include:

With nearly 40 “Greatest Hits” titles for you to choose from, you can pick up that AAA game you’ve had your eye on. Enjoy!

168 Comments

+ sharpshoot on April 1st, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

The guy that went to target got april fooled big time lol

+ surire on April 1st, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

yeah

+ CDubyahS on April 1st, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

sweet! Is this an april fools joke? i thought these usually release around E3?

+ Chuckbait on April 1st, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

I’ll be getting LBP, if it comes out before the GTAIV add ons…

+ gws89 on April 1st, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

@ 14 mikedo2007

Resistance 2 has been released as “PS3 The Best” in asian countries. As for Killzone 2, not yet.

+ KainDrake on April 1st, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

wasn’t the god of war collection already $30?

+ nbdyinthesky on April 1st, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

This is awesome… but I feel jooped (if that’s how you spell it). I just bought LBP GOTY two days ago at gamestop for $60… damn my luck!!!
Guess I’ll finally get inFamous and Resident Evil 5 to make up for it though =D

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 1st, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

When is Heavenly Sword and Hot Shots Golf 5 getting the Greatest Hits treatment?

+ DrBingogh on April 1st, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

Very nice list of games! Some I will rebuy (LBP & R2) and others I’ll get for the first time! RE5!!!! Now to get my PS3 fixed…

+ RICHIZNASTY09 on April 1st, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

great list of games but price wise um i take the fifth im still buying infamous but ufc for 30 no way i already reserved my ufc 2010 and i was told you get 4 fighters and the ps3 exclusive content

+ RICHIZNASTY09 on April 1st, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

your better off buying resident evil 5 gold just the fact its 20 dollars more but worth it you get all the dlc

+ BUDDAHFUNK on April 1st, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

Gamefly Baby.

+ les15snc on April 1st, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

Now That Kingdom Hearts III has been announced in the works…(PLEASE READ THIS!!!)Could We Get Kingdom Hearts I and II with the god of war treatment?? dont we at least deserve all those great ps2 titles now that we dont have B/C?

+ p0wd3rd on April 1st, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Instead of further marketing a broken game like GoW:C that is already $30 bucks at most retailers, why not fix it and market its stability!

1) Patch Game
2) ???
3) Profit!

What am I talking about?! Look here:

+ gamepunk86 on April 1st, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

dead space has been 20 bucks for quite awhile already. i hope this deosn’t mean it goes up to 30 dollars that would be bs

+ FR0ZZ3N_PH4NT0M on April 1st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

When will we be able to buy these in stores?

+ feIipee on April 1st, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

great games for a good price!!

+ sharpshoot on April 1st, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Frozz3n you wont its a april fools joke

+ Cregan4584 on April 1st, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Walmart lists LBP as 29.99 on their website, not in store. Target, Best Buy, & Gamestop would not honor the 29.99 price today. I called Sony Style in Scottsdale, Arizona. I knew that Sony’s own store would be on the ball. Wrong. They advised that the price is 59.99 and he knew of no plans to change the price.

+ xyzsource on April 1st, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

@ 46 Why would u question the Playstation brand? Who would you fall behind? No other console ever had the feature in the first place…are you going to the Microsoft brand with the infamous 54 % failure rate? No insult to Microsoft just proposing a question… i personally will choose the playstation based solely on there exceptional performance this generation, and im a former nintendo and pc fanboy…

sorry to get off topic there but why get mad at sony for protecting the rest of the ps3 community? Also sorry for disturbing the blog just hearing to much of this over exxagerated response to firmware 3.21

+ CryoZero on April 1st, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

My wallet is on fire :o

+ most_notorius300 on April 1st, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

wow i had most of these game but they got stollen…lol wantd to re purchase, R2, and LBP but couldnt bring myself to spend another $50 on games i had alredy bought well now i can buy both for $60 this is great

+ sharpshoot on April 1st, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

don’t you guys know april 1st in april fools day? lol

+ scoobyonline2000 on April 1st, 2010 at 10:50 pm said:

30 bucks is not cheap… not everyone is doing good financially.. maybe if they were like the PSOne classics… 20 bones, it would be worth it…. 30 bucks is still too much for me.. but thats just me. I’m screwed up money wise :(

+ He-Man_Owns_You on April 1st, 2010 at 11:59 pm said:

Do these prices take effect immediately? If so, then I will run out tomorrow and finally get LittleBigPlanet!

+ purplestream on April 2nd, 2010 at 12:02 am said:

i wonder when it will be available in my local store

+ PurplePigs on April 2nd, 2010 at 1:35 am said:

Ah, this is great news to those who haven’t played any of those games. I was expecting a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 price drop to $29.99 under the Greatest Hits. Come on Sony! Make it happen!

+ Egz-Onine on April 2nd, 2010 at 1:36 am said:

Couldn’t have come at a better time. Almost beat LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 is next on my list to play and I was waiting for this to happen. Killzone 2 is another one I’ll be buying when I get to it.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Heavenly Sword will ever be on Greatest Hits…

+ Unknownkiller86 on April 2nd, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

hmm might get resident evil 5 and LBP and i like the fact its the goty edtion

+ L3P463JR on April 2nd, 2010 at 6:54 am said:

I see noone has reduced the price on Killzone 2 yet. I own GOW collection and Resident evil 5 which are very good but the others are just so-so games after watching Gamespot’s reviews.

+ africanoboy on April 2nd, 2010 at 7:34 am said:

OMG , this looks awesome . I didnt have the chance to buy UFC and FNR 4 so I’m buying then in these versions . They look beeeeeeatiful.

+ aktirak on April 2nd, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Sony should be pushing for new titles than re packaging the old boxes. we PS3 owners want KillZone3,InFamous2,Rsistance3 (by the way Resistance and Resistance: The Gathering Storm novels are great)Gran Turismo (now!!!!), like God Of War Collection but for the Team Ico Games befor they release The Last Guardian.

+ darkusjboy on April 2nd, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

is it in psn store?

+ darkusjboy on April 2nd, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

ca ca

+ Jedi_Scoops on April 2nd, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I’ll have to get my hands on LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition. $30 for that game is a steal.

+ chlckenmumbo on April 2nd, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Most stores are dropping the greatest hits prices but Amazon is still selling some RED BOXED greatest hits games for $50 lke Killzone2. They even have a not explaing that the red box has the same contents. LAME! WHy have a greatest hits program SONY?

+ sharpshoot on April 2nd, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

It looks like it was not a april fools joke all the games that where 59 are now 29.99 cool

+ jhl74 on April 2nd, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Amazon Canada has Killzone 2 GH for $59.99. This is so wrong.

+ Mak33 on April 2nd, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

inFAMOUS sounded mediocre for $60 even after the hype and great reviews and comments about it. I think it’s time to pick it up. For only $30, it’s a steal!

+ iSten23 on April 2nd, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

how long would this deal be lasting?

+ He-Man_Owns_You on April 2nd, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

Why are some people dumb enough to think this is an April Fool’s joke? Why would something like this be an April Fool’s joke?

+ purplestream on April 2nd, 2010 at 6:02 pm said:

its already available in gamestop.com

+ danielmemo on April 3rd, 2010 at 12:18 am said:

infamous is provably the most worth playing here. theyre all pretty badass titles though. ill be getting killzone and resistance. maybe fightnight…

+ T3mpr1x on April 3rd, 2010 at 12:22 am said:

How in the world did I miss THIS post??? Anyway Resistance 2 GET! :)

+ danielmemo on April 3rd, 2010 at 12:26 am said:

its not 4 april fools. its like 2 am ( i dont sleep im 13 i survive from pepsi and mt dew) april 3 and theres buzz on the whats new column on the xmb. plus, this happened soon. the stores have to finish their stock of the not gr copies to put in new ones. they also have to wait for the new gr cases to ship. so come on! be patient

+ Sanguinarious on April 3rd, 2010 at 2:16 am said:

I already own everyone of them save for Killzone 2 (I’m not a fps fan)

+ zabelzerolp on April 3rd, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

It’s about time. Hopefully they will release these games.

+ Overcastpilot on April 3rd, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Sweet, this is great timing I got my PS3 last month for GOW3 and loving it, I’ll definitely get Resistance 2 (the 1st was cool), Infamous, LBP & Killzone 2…

+ phade2blaq on April 3rd, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

I do like the Playstation greatest hits game list ! I see some games that I don’t have that I will now definitely be getting !

+ KingOfKings6 on April 3rd, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

I’m not sure if it’s like this all over the country, but some of these games are sold at Best Buy, brand new, for $19.99. That’s when I got Dead Space.