PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 01

Apr 01

New PS3 Greatest Hits Titles Available Now

Ami Sheth's Avatar Posted by Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Hi everyone! We have some exciting news for those of you looking for another way to take advantage of the great value of the PS3 system. We’ll be rolling out ten, yes TEN, new PS3 “Greatest Hits” titles at retailers in U.S. and Canada over the course of the next few weeks. For $29.99 (MSRP), you can expand your library with some of our best-selling games like inFAMOUS, God of War Collection, Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 at an incredible price.

inFAMOUS Greatest Hits God of War Collection Greatest Hits

Killzone 2 Greatest Hits LBP Game of the Year Edition Greatest Hits

The newest additions to the “Greatest Hits” library include:

With nearly 40 “Greatest Hits” titles for you to choose from, you can pick up that AAA game you’ve had your eye on. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

sharpshoot said:

April 1st, 1:34 pm

The guy that went to target got april fooled big time lol

surire said:

April 1st, 2:10 pm

yeah

CDubyahS said:

April 1st, 2:11 pm

sweet! Is this an april fools joke? i thought these usually release around E3?

Chuckbait said:

April 1st, 2:19 pm

I’ll be getting LBP, if it comes out before the GTAIV add ons…

gws89 said:

April 1st, 2:27 pm

@ 14 mikedo2007

Resistance 2 has been released as “PS3 The Best” in asian countries. As for Killzone 2, not yet.

KainDrake said:

April 1st, 2:44 pm

wasn’t the god of war collection already $30?

nbdyinthesky said:

April 1st, 2:49 pm

This is awesome… but I feel jooped (if that’s how you spell it). I just bought LBP GOTY two days ago at gamestop for $60… damn my luck!!!
Guess I’ll finally get inFamous and Resident Evil 5 to make up for it though =D

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

April 1st, 3:20 pm

When is Heavenly Sword and Hot Shots Golf 5 getting the Greatest Hits treatment?

DrBingogh said:

April 1st, 3:35 pm

Very nice list of games! Some I will rebuy (LBP & R2) and others I’ll get for the first time! RE5!!!! Now to get my PS3 fixed…

RICHIZNASTY09 said:

April 1st, 3:56 pm

great list of games but price wise um i take the fifth im still buying infamous but ufc for 30 no way i already reserved my ufc 2010 and i was told you get 4 fighters and the ps3 exclusive content

RICHIZNASTY09 said:

April 1st, 4:03 pm

your better off buying resident evil 5 gold just the fact its 20 dollars more but worth it you get all the dlc

BUDDAHFUNK said:

April 1st, 4:06 pm

Gamefly Baby.

les15snc said:

April 1st, 4:24 pm

Now That Kingdom Hearts III has been announced in the works…(PLEASE READ THIS!!!)Could We Get Kingdom Hearts I and II with the god of war treatment?? dont we at least deserve all those great ps2 titles now that we dont have B/C?

p0wd3rd said:

April 1st, 4:25 pm

Instead of further marketing a broken game like GoW:C that is already $30 bucks at most retailers, why not fix it and market its stability!

1) Patch Game
2) ???
3) Profit!

What am I talking about?! Look here:

gamepunk86 said:

April 1st, 5:03 pm

dead space has been 20 bucks for quite awhile already. i hope this deosn’t mean it goes up to 30 dollars that would be bs

FR0ZZ3N_PH4NT0M said:

April 1st, 5:24 pm

When will we be able to buy these in stores?

feIipee said:

April 1st, 5:36 pm

great games for a good price!!

sharpshoot said:

April 1st, 5:47 pm

Frozz3n you wont its a april fools joke

Cregan4584 said:

April 1st, 6:14 pm

Walmart lists LBP as 29.99 on their website, not in store. Target, Best Buy, & Gamestop would not honor the 29.99 price today. I called Sony Style in Scottsdale, Arizona. I knew that Sony’s own store would be on the ball. Wrong. They advised that the price is 59.99 and he knew of no plans to change the price.

xyzsource said:

April 1st, 7:24 pm

@ 46 Why would u question the Playstation brand? Who would you fall behind? No other console ever had the feature in the first place…are you going to the Microsoft brand with the infamous 54 % failure rate? No insult to Microsoft just proposing a question… i personally will choose the playstation based solely on there exceptional performance this generation, and im a former nintendo and pc fanboy…

sorry to get off topic there but why get mad at sony for protecting the rest of the ps3 community? Also sorry for disturbing the blog just hearing to much of this over exxagerated response to firmware 3.21

CryoZero said:

April 1st, 7:39 pm

My wallet is on fire :o

most_notorius300 said:

April 1st, 8:28 pm

wow i had most of these game but they got stollen…lol wantd to re purchase, R2, and LBP but couldnt bring myself to spend another $50 on games i had alredy bought well now i can buy both for $60 this is great

sharpshoot said:

April 1st, 9:35 pm

don’t you guys know april 1st in april fools day? lol

scoobyonline2000 said:

April 1st, 10:50 pm

30 bucks is not cheap… not everyone is doing good financially.. maybe if they were like the PSOne classics… 20 bones, it would be worth it…. 30 bucks is still too much for me.. but thats just me. I’m screwed up money wise :(

He-Man_Owns_You said:

April 1st, 11:59 pm

Do these prices take effect immediately? If so, then I will run out tomorrow and finally get LittleBigPlanet!

purplestream said:

April 2nd, 12:02 am

i wonder when it will be available in my local store

PurplePigs said:

April 2nd, 1:35 am

Ah, this is great news to those who haven’t played any of those games. I was expecting a Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 price drop to $29.99 under the Greatest Hits. Come on Sony! Make it happen!

Egz-Onine said:

April 2nd, 1:36 am

Couldn’t have come at a better time. Almost beat LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2 is next on my list to play and I was waiting for this to happen. Killzone 2 is another one I’ll be buying when I get to it.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like Heavenly Sword will ever be on Greatest Hits…

Unknownkiller86 said:

April 2nd, 5:32 am

hmm might get resident evil 5 and LBP and i like the fact its the goty edtion

L3P463JR said:

April 2nd, 6:54 am

I see noone has reduced the price on Killzone 2 yet. I own GOW collection and Resident evil 5 which are very good but the others are just so-so games after watching Gamespot’s reviews.

africanoboy said:

April 2nd, 7:34 am

OMG , this looks awesome . I didnt have the chance to buy UFC and FNR 4 so I’m buying then in these versions . They look beeeeeeatiful.

aktirak said:

April 2nd, 7:51 am

Sony should be pushing for new titles than re packaging the old boxes. we PS3 owners want KillZone3,InFamous2,Rsistance3 (by the way Resistance and Resistance: The Gathering Storm novels are great)Gran Turismo (now!!!!), like God Of War Collection but for the Team Ico Games befor they release The Last Guardian.

darkusjboy said:

April 2nd, 8:13 am

is it in psn store?

darkusjboy said:

April 2nd, 8:14 am

ca ca

Jedi_Scoops said:

April 2nd, 9:57 am

I’ll have to get my hands on LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition. $30 for that game is a steal.

chlckenmumbo said:

April 2nd, 10:18 am

Most stores are dropping the greatest hits prices but Amazon is still selling some RED BOXED greatest hits games for $50 lke Killzone2. They even have a not explaing that the red box has the same contents. LAME! WHy have a greatest hits program SONY?

sharpshoot said:

April 2nd, 11:20 am

It looks like it was not a april fools joke all the games that where 59 are now 29.99 cool

jhl74 said:

April 2nd, 12:18 pm

Amazon Canada has Killzone 2 GH for $59.99. This is so wrong.

Mak33 said:

April 2nd, 12:23 pm

inFAMOUS sounded mediocre for $60 even after the hype and great reviews and comments about it. I think it’s time to pick it up. For only $30, it’s a steal!

iSten23 said:

April 2nd, 3:56 pm

how long would this deal be lasting?

He-Man_Owns_You said:

April 2nd, 5:53 pm

Why are some people dumb enough to think this is an April Fool’s joke? Why would something like this be an April Fool’s joke?

purplestream said:

April 2nd, 6:02 pm

its already available in gamestop.com

danielmemo said:

April 3rd, 12:18 am

infamous is provably the most worth playing here. theyre all pretty badass titles though. ill be getting killzone and resistance. maybe fightnight…

T3mpr1x said:

April 3rd, 12:22 am

How in the world did I miss THIS post??? Anyway Resistance 2 GET! :)

danielmemo said:

April 3rd, 12:26 am

its not 4 april fools. its like 2 am ( i dont sleep im 13 i survive from pepsi and mt dew) april 3 and theres buzz on the whats new column on the xmb. plus, this happened soon. the stores have to finish their stock of the not gr copies to put in new ones. they also have to wait for the new gr cases to ship. so come on! be patient

Sanguinarious said:

April 3rd, 2:16 am

I already own everyone of them save for Killzone 2 (I’m not a fps fan)

zabelzerolp said:

April 3rd, 1:33 pm

It’s about time. Hopefully they will release these games.

Overcastpilot said:

April 3rd, 3:12 pm

Sweet, this is great timing I got my PS3 last month for GOW3 and loving it, I’ll definitely get Resistance 2 (the 1st was cool), Infamous, LBP & Killzone 2…

phade2blaq said:

April 3rd, 4:43 pm

I do like the Playstation greatest hits game list ! I see some games that I don’t have that I will now definitely be getting !

KingOfKings6 said:

April 3rd, 9:47 pm

I’m not sure if it’s like this all over the country, but some of these games are sold at Best Buy, brand new, for $19.99. That’s when I got Dead Space.