PS4-Watch_Dogs

Coming to PSN this Week — Freekscape: Escape From Hell

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Apr 05, 2010 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey PlayStation faithful! I’m returning to my favorite spot on the internets. With all these new announcements, I just can’t help myself.

This time, I’m very proud to announce our latest PlayStation Mini, Freekscape: Escape From Hell. The game will be available this Thursday, April 8 in North America for $4.99 (and in Europe for €4.99)

Developed by our good friends Kidguru Studios in Brazil, Freekscape: Escape From Hell introduces Freek, a cute little demon who has discovered a magic trident. Inspired by the trident’s powers, Freek becomes determined to ascend out of the Netherworld and into Heaven. But, of course, he needs your help.

Freek encounters a variety of unusual creatures in his fire-laden underground world. His new-found trident allows him to capture those crazy crawlers and turn them into different tools, depending on their abilities. For example, while an elastic-bed-like monster transforms the trident into a pogo stick, a sharp toothed goblin turns it into a cutting machine.

Freekscape: Escape From Hell is a full 3D, side-scrolling platformer created for the PlayStation Mini platform. So, why is this cool? Because you can play it on your PlayStation 3 *and* you can play it on your PSP! One game, two machines… get it? Play on the couch at home, and then take it in the car. You never have to be without your trusted demon buddy, Freek!

Freekscape 03 Freekscape 04

We’re very excited about launching another PlayStation Mini, and we couldn’t keep doing what we love without you. From everyone at Creat Studios and Kidguru Studios, thank you for your support and please keep the comments coming.

PAGE 1 2

+ Seeing_Red_Again on April 5th, 2010 at 7:15 am said:

Woah, this game looks awesome and I’ve never heard of it till now. Definitely getting it.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

Thank, Seeing_Red_Again! We think it’s awesome, too!

+ Marsz85 on April 5th, 2010 at 7:16 am said:

“One game, two machines… get it?”
Sold! You had me at “a cute little demon who has discovered a magic trident”.

Looking forward to this one.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

I was sold at “cute little demon”. The trident is a bonus.

Please let us know how you like it.

+ AKGermany on April 5th, 2010 at 7:18 am said:

Is the music in the trailer in game music? It’s quite catchy.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

I’ll check for you, AKGermany, and let you know.

+ almighty-slayer on April 5th, 2010 at 7:19 am said:

This sounds very good! Might have to buy this (damn you Creat! Why must you always release games when i have no money!)

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Fortunately, almight-slayer, we make sure to keep selling them after we launch them. So… you can buy our games as soon as you do have the money!

We wouldn’t want to leave you out.

+ jwr718 on April 5th, 2010 at 7:29 am said:

Looks great! Can’t wait to purchase it this Thursday!

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Thanks, jwr718. We’re confident that you’ll love it.

+ Bodhidarma on April 5th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

looks cool can i have a free copy?

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

If we just gave everyone a free copy, then we couldn’t keep making cool games!

+ pgsdi on April 5th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

Quite impressive for a mini game…. I would not expect anything less from you guys.. well done =)

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Thanks for the kind words, pgsdi. We know you’ll love it.

+ vectorman88 on April 5th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

Wow! For a Mini, this looks pretty damn good. ill pick it up this thurs.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

The good folks at Kidguru really pushed the envelope with this one. We’re so thrilled to partner with them.

+ Frejim on April 5th, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

trophies??

+ Frejim on April 5th, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

edit: havent read it was a mini!

sorry

+ BiezulbubBill69 on April 5th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

looks exactly like little big planet lol

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

I wouldn’t say “exactly”, but we’ll take that as the highest compliment. We love LBP around here, and all the great platform games that came before it.

+ DZORMAGEN on April 5th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

Last night was a sad day for me!! My PS3 YLOD!! :(

+ EvoJai2 on April 5th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

looks like a great game for $4.99, definitely getting it.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

Thanks, EvoJai. Please let us know what you think.

+ rafaelcoronado on April 5th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

looks like a great mini~ defiantly gonna pick this up!

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

Great, rafaelcoronoado! Everyone at Creat and Kidguru appreciate your support.

+ zombie_56 on April 5th, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

looks good but i won’t be buying anything till sony releases gex 2 ps1 classic

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

I admire your gamer solidarity, zombie_56. But, surely, a purchase of Freekscape will help keep the motivation going, right? Right?

+ Kchow23 on April 5th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Hmm… using your enemies very interesting idea!

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

I’ll pass your sentiments along to Kidguru, Kchow23!

+ Meibach on April 5th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Hi Scott, Flavio from Kidguru writing here. The trailer’s music is in game music indeed. Erbetta will surely be happy to know his music is causing good impressions.
Nice post by the way, Scott.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

Thanks, Flavio! How’s that for service, AKGermany? The developer chimes in directly. Can’t get much better than that.

+ rodrigoflausino on April 5th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

The game will run on the PS3 and PSP or will it be a PSP Exclusive?

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

The PS3 has a PSP emulator, rodrigoflausino. You can play any Mini on the emulator. So Minis are really not just for PSP… they’re for both systems. Pretty cool, eh? :-)

+ BlooodyCow on April 5th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

I was so excited until I realize this was a mini :(

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Don’t let that discourage you. Fun is fun, and Freekscape is fun!

+ spatsnaz on April 5th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

That looks incredible! Day 1 purchase for me!

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Awww… thanks, spatsnaz! We know you’ll love it.

+ JetSetFuture on April 5th, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

Hell never looked and sounded this groovy! I haven’t been too excited about many Minis, but my interest is now starting to “heat” up.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

I get the sense, JetSetFuture, that you’re going to see plenty of really cool Minis coming soon. You certainly will from Creat Studios! ;-)

+ PullusPardusUS on April 5th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

how do you guys make so much good games in a very short time? did you guys design a game developer robot? :-D
btw SOLD!

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

Did the check arrive in the mail, PullusPardusUS?

Just kidding… but thank you for the kind words. We’re trying our best.

+ megamixer on April 5th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

An actual factual platformer? Not a shooter or brawler in disguise? Now you have my interest!

By the way, the Tik-Creat publisher store is missing your two current Minis. Better get Grace Chen to correct that.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Thanks for the heads up, megamixer! And enjoy Freekscape.

+ Fallen_Guardian on April 5th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Will Creat going to be supporting Playstation Move awhen it launches? Because im sure you could make alot of great games that could support move.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Thanks for the questions, Fallen_Guardian. There’s a lot of discussion about it here.

+ Zoibie on April 5th, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

Looks great, reminds me a little of Sheep Dog n Wolf/Sheep Raider on the PS1, loved that game as a kid

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

Thanks for the compliment, Zoibie.

+ eyesofreality03 on April 5th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

looks interesting keep up the great work!

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

Thanks, e-o-f03. We’ll keep trying!

+ ChargerBR on April 5th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Hey Sony, first launch of a brazilian team in PS story; i think. Awesome game! So beautiful and is a mini. Please only thing missing is a Brazilian PSN! We love Playstation! Sales and the hype of God of War 3 here just proved it.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Creat is thrilled to work with our great friends at Kidguru, and we love our fellow gamers in Brasil. Thanks for the support.

+ squeekeefreek on April 5th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

aaah that little freek is trying to steal my name!!!! well i fight you to the death for it

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

He’s a scrapper, squeekeefreek. Better be at the top of your game!

+ XINTSUAI-BR on April 5th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Very cool! I’ll buy when it is available!

It’s nice can play in both systems, PS3 and PSP :)

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

All Minis can, XINT, through the PS3′s PSP emulator.

+ hush404 on April 5th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Hmm. I gotta say… out of all the minis that get advertised here on the blog, this is prob the first that makes me go “Ooooh”. :) It looks like it could be fun.

+ Scott Hyman on April 5th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Now that’s quite a compliment, hush404. And it is, indeed, quite fun.

+ PatchAdams2000 on April 5th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Demon, Hell, and Pogo-Stick. Only thing missing is beer, but those will do. “Freek-Heaven!” (GTA3 Chatterbox)

+ SO_CALI420_o on April 5th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

these mini games look cool but what im waiting for is the Mw2 mappacks when is the release date

+ ninjahitmanchair on April 5th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Looks awesome.Does it have the same game play you get when you play Trine when you have to use certain players to do certain things?

+ PSmonkey on April 5th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

Hell yeah i’m buying!

I heard about this game a while back and I was quite interested in it. When I heard about the Euro release coming I was excited yet depressed that it might take FOR EVER to finally make it’s way to USA/Canada.

So, THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING ME WAIT SO LONG!!

+ NarcMonkey on April 5th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Cool! Reminds me of Klonoa with the whole ‘using your enemies as tools’ thing. PSN Needs more platformers!

+ leckstore on April 5th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Wow,A Brazilian PSN game,I love Brasil!!I need to Buy!

+ Picklehed_mcj on April 5th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

very interesting, is it going to come out on the PS3?

+ PatchAdams2000 on April 5th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

@Picklehed, both PS3 & PSP

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 5th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

@18/Scott

Just to be clear…since you are giving false info. Not ALL minis are playable on both systems. Tetris is not playable on the PS3.

+ DiscoJer on April 5th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

#39 That’s because EA chose that. Shrug. All other minis are playable (except EA’s bowling), and all future ones will apparently be.

+ PatchAdams2000 on April 5th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

@39, not meaning to be a jerk, but please don’t be an @$$. One mini isn’t PS3 compatible, big whoop. Your comment is a sign of an irritating jerk who thinks he’s smarter than everyone else. Even if you may be, it doesn’t help that you have an @$$ on your shoulders.

+ jelly_bean on April 5th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Day 1 buy for me… The price is ridiculously cheap and the guys involved in this game are from my beloved country… Thanks man and keep bringinq us more awesome cheap games :D

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 5th, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

@41…it is not clear within the PSN system which games are playable on which system as SONY has chosen to use inconsistent wording in the store. Clarifying that for people new to PS3 and / or minis is hardly ‘being an @ss’ imo. Thanks for your input though, it was valuable to the community at large I’m sure.

+ NESGamepro on April 5th, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

I looked this one up last week after someone mentioned it in your sale post and you made a funny remark about knowing nothing about it. I’m glad it’s coming out so soon, looks fun, I’ll get it for sure.

Loving Smash Cars too, thanks.

+ plaztiksyke on April 5th, 2010 at 8:28 pm said:

Not buying until the PS3 version supports trophies :)

+ yosoylindo445 on April 5th, 2010 at 9:17 pm said:

its demo too?

+ DeadCell34 on April 5th, 2010 at 10:19 pm said:

@45

You’re wasting your time. I highly doubt mini’s will ever get trophies. As much fun as it is earning trophies, if a game is good… it will be fun even without trophies.

I’ll take this one into consideration. Looks really good.

+ Raoni_Andrade on April 5th, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

Hey, a Brazilian game!! I Loved to know this!! I’m really without money now, but I’m thinking about buy it just to support the game development in Brasil.
Were in Brasil is Kidguru based?

Parabéns pelo pioneirismo!!!
Raoni

+ odd69 on April 6th, 2010 at 12:45 am said:

I can’t thank you guys enough for making a platformer. It looks like there was alot of care put into the visuals and art , it really looks polished.I still can’t believe that this is a PS Mini . This is a must have for me. As soon as this hits the store Thursday, im buying.

PAGE 1 2