LittleBigPlanet 3

Coming to PSN this Week — Freekscape: Escape From Hell

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Apr 05, 2010 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey PlayStation faithful! I’m returning to my favorite spot on the internets. With all these new announcements, I just can’t help myself.

This time, I’m very proud to announce our latest PlayStation Mini, Freekscape: Escape From Hell. The game will be available this Thursday, April 8 in North America for $4.99 (and in Europe for €4.99)

Developed by our good friends Kidguru Studios in Brazil, Freekscape: Escape From Hell introduces Freek, a cute little demon who has discovered a magic trident. Inspired by the trident’s powers, Freek becomes determined to ascend out of the Netherworld and into Heaven. But, of course, he needs your help.

Freek encounters a variety of unusual creatures in his fire-laden underground world. His new-found trident allows him to capture those crazy crawlers and turn them into different tools, depending on their abilities. For example, while an elastic-bed-like monster transforms the trident into a pogo stick, a sharp toothed goblin turns it into a cutting machine.

Freekscape: Escape From Hell is a full 3D, side-scrolling platformer created for the PlayStation Mini platform. So, why is this cool? Because you can play it on your PlayStation 3 *and* you can play it on your PSP! One game, two machines… get it? Play on the couch at home, and then take it in the car. You never have to be without your trusted demon buddy, Freek!

Freekscape 03 Freekscape 04

We’re very excited about launching another PlayStation Mini, and we couldn’t keep doing what we love without you. From everyone at Creat Studios and Kidguru Studios, thank you for your support and please keep the comments coming.

PAGE 1 2

+ BalramRules on April 6th, 2010 at 2:49 am said:

When I first heard of this, I thought is was going to be an MMO like Runescape, till I saw the word, “mini.” I thought that, if it’s an MMO, how could it work on both, PSP and PS3, AND be of small size, Sony won’t make a weird MMO like that, it’ll go unsuccessful, so I watched the trailer, and woo hoo, i was rite, it WERENT an MMO!

+ lopes_br on April 6th, 2010 at 7:34 am said:

Brazilian development? cheap? cute little demon? and nice music?

Sold, man!

and we need a psn-BR!!!

parabens pelo trabalho, caras
[congratulations for the work, dudes!]

+ Tengaport on April 6th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

I’m in for one. Looking for more ‘quirky’ games like this to load on my PSP for my flight to Peru in a few weeks (as well as some gaming on the go as we hike the Inca Trail).

+ Ravencroft_PH on April 6th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

wow this could actually be the first mini game that i might buy!

+ nukkuhn8 on April 6th, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

ehhhhh looks good but kinda reminds alot of little big planet but yeh i so got to get this game :3

+ Berberhaeuptling on April 7th, 2010 at 5:45 am said:

“in North America for $4.99 (and in Europe for €4.99)”

in my book $4.99 equals €3.74 and €4.99 equals $6.66

why do the Europeans have to pay approx 25% more than the North Americans?

+ AgentX on April 7th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

The game looks great! I’m looking forward to its arrival on PlayStation Store tomorrow.

+ Chavesph on April 8th, 2010 at 4:44 am said:

E mais uma vez cadê os jogos brasileiros? Cadê a pns brasileira? Abandono total e descaso. Um jogo bom como este teria muitas compras aqui. Lamentável.

+ Quezacoult on April 8th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Ae! Brasil! Parabéns equipe, espero ver mais de vocês no futuro!
Yay, my contry have finaly made a game! And a good one!

+ cabelo80br on April 9th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

Very good Game! I played and for now it´s great. Good music, creative etc. Little usability issues, but nothing serius.

Congratulations!

+ tavoliar on April 17th, 2010 at 10:36 pm said:

Freekscape is an amazing game.
Playing and loving it.