God of War

Apr 05

Apr 05

The Show Throws Out the Season’s First Pitch with Opening Day Trailer

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

Baseball fans –

Opening Day is finally here! The 2010 MLB season debuted last night with Yanks and Sox taking center stage at Fenway, with Boston ultimately edging out New York, 9-7. For those of you who caught the game, the telecast featured multiple airings of our Joe Mauer/Kevin Butler commercial , as well as other in-game mentions — just another way to showcase MLB 10: The Show during big moments in baseball.

I’m also happy to report that The Show is still enjoying some great feedback from the media. Just recently SportsIllustrated.com and the Associated Press posted reviews that are worth checking out, and ESPN.com included the game in their Opening Day Gear Guide.

Simulating your favorite team with The Show is always a great way to get into the MLB spirit. To up the excitement level a bit more and to celebrate season openers all around the country, here’s a look at our MLB 10 The Show Opening Day trailer.

Welcome to The Show!

Add Your Own

Chat0076 said:

April 5th, 3:12 pm

Wonderful

GooDer_gAMe said:

April 5th, 3:22 pm

Wonderful Game, couple of questions.

-Will there be multiple entries in the Kevin Butler/Joe Mauer series as you did last year with Kevin Butler & Dustin Pedroia?
-When do you think all the rosters will be completely up to date for at least the MLB team? (Currently I’ve taken a look, and there are still a couple of guys out of the lineup still free agents)
-Is there anywhere specific I can report bugs so that the developers can see them, so that they can be fixed? I have an issue with music not playing, even after the patch. The 499 songs are being added to the list, but only about half of them are playing (it’s as if they are not even on the list, except for when I want to set those last 250 songs as walk up music)

Camdog916 said:

April 5th, 3:26 pm

How do we contact San Diego studios if I some bugs in the game? Do they have a blog/forums? Let me know please. Thanks!

bball230 said:

April 5th, 3:47 pm

Baseball is such a boring sport now. I dont know what happened but i have lost all interest for about 10 years now. I hate baseball.

1 question: Why would you guys take something away from us in the PS3 firmware update without being prepared to give us or improve upon something in return? couldn’t you have waited until you had something ready to actually add to the ps3 experience?

its been like 4 months now since any FW update has done anything for the ps3.

coppi6976 said:

April 5th, 3:52 pm

Go Redsox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kmac0378 said:

April 5th, 4:09 pm

To add a comment that’s actually on topic (I know, how novel)…

This was an awesome trailer. Loved it and really made me want to pick up the game, and I’m not a huge sports game player. I also loved how you incorporated the reviews at the end on the baseball and the field. Graphically, that was pretty cool. Well done. I know a TON of hard work has gone into this series.

Ftwrthtx said:

April 5th, 5:04 pm

Love the video and love the game for both my PS3 and my PSP. Would be nice if the game saves were interchangeable though.

Loki_d20 said:

April 5th, 5:59 pm

I don’t care for sports video games, but that was a very well done ad for the game.

acerazer1 said:

April 5th, 6:19 pm

Wow #5, thanks for your awesome insight. First slam the game, slam the entire pasttime, and then post something completely off topic.

Now why don’t you go clutter up the forums somewhere else. Post something in the feedback section if you’re that upset, that’s what it’s there for.

As for the game I think the unassisted double play trophy is bugged. I’ve turned two of them now with no luck. Any chance we could see a patch for this?

Jeigh said:

April 5th, 7:08 pm

Heya, guys.

I thought I’d brighten your day a little (more): I was playing this yesterday on my family’s HDTV, and my mother was quite shocked at how good the game was- in her words, it looks “extremely realistic.”

Coming from my parents, who are generally indifferent towards graphics (my father doesn’t even think much of Killzone 2’s graphics), this is a serious compliment.

WorstCompanyEver said:

April 5th, 8:11 pm

Hey I heard the Show may have an exploitable security hole. Be warned everyone, Sony reserves the right to just shut off your game if they feel threatened :P

JoeDuke4 said:

April 5th, 8:15 pm

That’s one of the coolest trailers. Holy crap, I wish there was a hockey game on the same level as this. EA doesn’t touch this for quality.

HatmanTc said:

April 5th, 8:30 pm

@4 there is a official forum. heres the link for you http://theshowcommunity.com/

HatmanTc said:

April 5th, 8:31 pm

very cool trailer by the way. dont really dig the music so much, but the visuals were great. done with the in game movie maker? i tired messing around with it. it was kinda a pain in the rear to make a video with.

DamnBoxes said:

April 5th, 9:30 pm

@Jeigh
Yes, people should stay on the topic of the blog, but it does get incredibly infuriating when Sony no longer cares about or responds to ‘old Blogs’, despite having over 6,000 comments.

acerazer1 said:

April 5th, 10:10 pm

Yeah #12, like 15 says, that’s been patched already. The MLB games are not only great games in their own right, but they receive cotinuous dev. support year-round for bugs and such. I’m hoping that trophy bug gets fixed as well, if at all possible.

Vabor said:

April 5th, 10:34 pm

Love it. Great trailer. More Mets next time please :)

BalramRules said:

April 6th, 2:46 am

This game looks AWESOME! XD
Hopefully, it gets a PlayStation Move and Sub-Controller Support, PLZZ Sony, plzzzzz
Or may be, just a single Move Controller. =)

TwinDad said:

April 6th, 9:20 am

Go Mariners.

Great game. I haven’t had this much fun on a baseball game since baseball superstars on the neogeo.

Mak33 said:

April 6th, 11:51 am

Wow! Awesome trailer for Opening Day and a great way to boost the enthusiasm for baseball fanatics around the world. This trailer definitely showed off some real power and detail. After spending almost a month contemplating whether to pick up The Show 10, I finally did this morning and it’s still sealed up here on my desk. I am pumped to play this!

Go Twins!

smokeydays23 said:

April 6th, 5:08 pm

Boston Rules. They just beat the world champs. But The Show looks amazing. You guys did a great job. Now I just need to play it. lol

strack94 said:

April 6th, 6:36 pm

The funny thing is you really can zoom up that close on the ball, at least thats how it was with 09. Really think i should pick this one up

Odium_Generis said:

April 6th, 6:51 pm

In reference to #5

Remember when people used to complain that the PS3 updated too often and were annoyed by it?

You just can’t please core dorks, period.

babygirl122 said:

April 11th, 10:56 pm

can home be able to purchase baseball jerseys…?

Moneybalzs said:

May 3rd, 8:05 pm

anyone know the name of that song?, i kinda like it