PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Show Throws Out the Season’s First Pitch with Opening Day Trailer

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Apr 05, 2010 // SCEA PR Manager

Baseball fans –

Opening Day is finally here! The 2010 MLB season debuted last night with Yanks and Sox taking center stage at Fenway, with Boston ultimately edging out New York, 9-7. For those of you who caught the game, the telecast featured multiple airings of our Joe Mauer/Kevin Butler commercial , as well as other in-game mentions — just another way to showcase MLB 10: The Show during big moments in baseball.

I’m also happy to report that The Show is still enjoying some great feedback from the media. Just recently SportsIllustrated.com and the Associated Press posted reviews that are worth checking out, and ESPN.com included the game in their Opening Day Gear Guide.

Simulating your favorite team with The Show is always a great way to get into the MLB spirit. To up the excitement level a bit more and to celebrate season openers all around the country, here’s a look at our MLB 10 The Show Opening Day trailer.

Welcome to The Show!

26 Comments

+ Chat0076 on April 5th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Wonderful

+ GooDer_gAMe on April 5th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Wonderful Game, couple of questions.

-Will there be multiple entries in the Kevin Butler/Joe Mauer series as you did last year with Kevin Butler & Dustin Pedroia?
-When do you think all the rosters will be completely up to date for at least the MLB team? (Currently I’ve taken a look, and there are still a couple of guys out of the lineup still free agents)
-Is there anywhere specific I can report bugs so that the developers can see them, so that they can be fixed? I have an issue with music not playing, even after the patch. The 499 songs are being added to the list, but only about half of them are playing (it’s as if they are not even on the list, except for when I want to set those last 250 songs as walk up music)

+ Camdog916 on April 5th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

How do we contact San Diego studios if I some bugs in the game? Do they have a blog/forums? Let me know please. Thanks!

+ bball230 on April 5th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Baseball is such a boring sport now. I dont know what happened but i have lost all interest for about 10 years now. I hate baseball.

1 question: Why would you guys take something away from us in the PS3 firmware update without being prepared to give us or improve upon something in return? couldn’t you have waited until you had something ready to actually add to the ps3 experience?

its been like 4 months now since any FW update has done anything for the ps3.

+ coppi6976 on April 5th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

Go Redsox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ kmac0378 on April 5th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

To add a comment that’s actually on topic (I know, how novel)…

This was an awesome trailer. Loved it and really made me want to pick up the game, and I’m not a huge sports game player. I also loved how you incorporated the reviews at the end on the baseball and the field. Graphically, that was pretty cool. Well done. I know a TON of hard work has gone into this series.

+ Ftwrthtx on April 5th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Love the video and love the game for both my PS3 and my PSP. Would be nice if the game saves were interchangeable though.

+ Loki_d20 on April 5th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

I don’t care for sports video games, but that was a very well done ad for the game.

+ acerazer1 on April 5th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

Wow #5, thanks for your awesome insight. First slam the game, slam the entire pasttime, and then post something completely off topic.

Now why don’t you go clutter up the forums somewhere else. Post something in the feedback section if you’re that upset, that’s what it’s there for.

As for the game I think the unassisted double play trophy is bugged. I’ve turned two of them now with no luck. Any chance we could see a patch for this?

+ Jeigh on April 5th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

Heya, guys.

I thought I’d brighten your day a little (more): I was playing this yesterday on my family’s HDTV, and my mother was quite shocked at how good the game was- in her words, it looks “extremely realistic.”

Coming from my parents, who are generally indifferent towards graphics (my father doesn’t even think much of Killzone 2′s graphics), this is a serious compliment.

+ WorstCompanyEver on April 5th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Hey I heard the Show may have an exploitable security hole. Be warned everyone, Sony reserves the right to just shut off your game if they feel threatened :P

+ JoeDuke4 on April 5th, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

That’s one of the coolest trailers. Holy crap, I wish there was a hockey game on the same level as this. EA doesn’t touch this for quality.

+ HatmanTc on April 5th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

@4 there is a official forum. heres the link for you http://theshowcommunity.com/

+ HatmanTc on April 5th, 2010 at 8:31 pm said:

very cool trailer by the way. dont really dig the music so much, but the visuals were great. done with the in game movie maker? i tired messing around with it. it was kinda a pain in the rear to make a video with.

+ DamnBoxes on April 5th, 2010 at 9:30 pm said:

@Jeigh
Yes, people should stay on the topic of the blog, but it does get incredibly infuriating when Sony no longer cares about or responds to ‘old Blogs’, despite having over 6,000 comments.

+ acerazer1 on April 5th, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

Yeah #12, like 15 says, that’s been patched already. The MLB games are not only great games in their own right, but they receive cotinuous dev. support year-round for bugs and such. I’m hoping that trophy bug gets fixed as well, if at all possible.

+ Vabor on April 5th, 2010 at 10:34 pm said:

Love it. Great trailer. More Mets next time please :)

+ BalramRules on April 6th, 2010 at 2:46 am said:

This game looks AWESOME! XD
Hopefully, it gets a PlayStation Move and Sub-Controller Support, PLZZ Sony, plzzzzz
Or may be, just a single Move Controller. =)

+ TwinDad on April 6th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Go Mariners.

Great game. I haven’t had this much fun on a baseball game since baseball superstars on the neogeo.

+ Mak33 on April 6th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Wow! Awesome trailer for Opening Day and a great way to boost the enthusiasm for baseball fanatics around the world. This trailer definitely showed off some real power and detail. After spending almost a month contemplating whether to pick up The Show 10, I finally did this morning and it’s still sealed up here on my desk. I am pumped to play this!

Go Twins!

+ smokeydays23 on April 6th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Boston Rules. They just beat the world champs. But The Show looks amazing. You guys did a great job. Now I just need to play it. lol

+ strack94 on April 6th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

The funny thing is you really can zoom up that close on the ball, at least thats how it was with 09. Really think i should pick this one up

+ Odium_Generis on April 6th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

In reference to #5

Remember when people used to complain that the PS3 updated too often and were annoyed by it?

You just can’t please core dorks, period.

+ babygirl122 on April 11th, 2010 at 10:56 pm said:

can home be able to purchase baseball jerseys…?

+ Moneybalzs on May 3rd, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

anyone know the name of that song?, i kinda like it