PlayStation Vue

Apr 07

Aliens and Predators Descend on PlayStation Home for Huge Community Event + This Week’s Content Updates

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by Locust_Star on Apr 07, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

If you are a bloodthirsty extra-terrestrial – or just like to (cos) play one on your TV – then tonight is the night to log into PlayStation Home. Extra points awarded if you consider getting down on the Central Plaza dance floor to be a true sign of otherworldly supremacy, or if you simply cannot miss a spectacle that promises to offer just as much sport as slime (because I can guarantee you that there will be plenty of both).

If you guessed that I was alluding to the imminent Aliens vs. Predator user-generated event that is set to occur in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza between the hours of 6:00pm and 8:00pm PT (9:00pm and 11:00pm EST) tonight (Wednesday, April 7) then that’s because you’ve likely been reading the official PlayStation Home forums and have witnessed firsthand the high level of anticipation building in our community about this momentous occasion. “Momentous” because it is Aliens vs. Predator. “Momentous” because this event is organized and run solely by our community members. So come out tonight and “Dance for Your Species.” In the meantime, you can use these forum sigs to show your support for whichever side you are on (please pass along to your family, friends, and co-workers –- we expect to see your Aunt, your middle school sweetheart, and that guy from Accounts Receivable in full on Alien or Predator regalia).

AvP PlayStation Home 1

AvP PlayStation Home 2

In terms of other huge events for the PlayStation Home community, we will be airing the Season Finale of The Tester in the PlayStation Home Theater come this Thursday, April 8 starting at 3:00pm PT/ 6:00pm EST. Come out and see who will be crowned the winner as the first season of the wildly-popular PlayStation Network exclusive reality show culminates (and pick up the special virtual items that commemorate this landmark event in PlayStation Network original programming history, like this wearable guitar for your avatar).

The Tester in PlayStation Home Guitar Male The Tester in PlayStation Home Guitar Female

This week sees the Irem Festival Square getting another update, with a load of virtual items and a new mini-game called the Goldfish Vendor (complete with some excellent rewards). You’ll also find a grip of Ancient Greek virtual items in the Furniture store in the PlayStation Home Mall as well as some new footwear for the ladies courtesy of our friends over at Lockwood Publishing.

Last, but certainly not least, the PlayStation Store’s ongoing “Spring Fever” sale continues this week, with those of you that happen to purchase one of the many games listed on sale getting a voucher code good for pieces of the Spring Bumblebee and Spring Flower costumes. Be sure to take advantage of these great deals and complete your collection with these uber-limited costumes.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ stardeth on April 7th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Okay, then I’VE been reading again. lmao Otherwise, I’d have no idea what you were talking about. lol However, I don’t think we’ll ever have our HOME catch up with the rest of the world’s HOMEs…

+ megamixer on April 7th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

See, that really isn’t fair. I already paid full price for both of these games which are now on sale for half. I supported each early on by being a Day 1 purchaser. Heck I even gave the echochrome team the idea to update the (at the time) games rather plain trophy icons. After all of my support I should have to buy something latecomers will get free with games at discounted prices? Hardly seems fair man. Such is the state of HOME I guess. :|

+ SpyDudeFX on April 7th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

@stardeth I read AZ4 too but usually check the EU blog lol For people that don’t, Binx is an actual dog that lives in the London Pub. Hopefully we get it tomorrow too, he looks cool.

+ stardeth on April 7th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Is the address the same as the NA blog except with EU in place of the US?

+ SpyDudeFX on April 7th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

@megamixer I understand your point but at the same time understand that promotions cannot be applied retroactively. My guess is these costumes will be pretty cheap, like $0.99 for the entire set.

+ SpyDudeFX on April 7th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

@stardeth yeah exactly. Maybe someday JP will get a blog.

+ BigMak43 on April 7th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Sweet an irem update…hope its the fish and for thoes waiting on the costume codes..they take roughly a week to get…just got the shoes yesterday from getting gravity crash

+ whiskeyjourney on April 7th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

when are we gettin new personal spaces again?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on April 7th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

Very soon ;)

+ LiLBlueEyes on April 7th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

I Hope we get the one piece bathing suits and school girl uniforms from Irem!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on April 7th, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

School uniforms are coming tomorrow!

+ JimInPT on April 7th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

I can’t imagine a life sentenced to testing video games over and over and over and over and over and over and ……

+ Chat0076 on April 7th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

Why would you ever compete to have one of the worst jobs in the video game industry?

+ feralthing on April 7th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

so are there any rewards for this AVP dance-off or is it a complete waste of time?

+ sassyGIRL311 on April 7th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

are school uniforms included in this weeks IREM update? and why dont we ever get those awesome anime concerts like Japan Home? I would really like to see Miku Hatsune or the Idolmaster concerts.

+ adolson on April 7th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

@25 – it’s called getting a foot in the door. Would you like me to elaborate?

+ DEADEYEZ on April 7th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Nice, pay $3.99 for a virtual costume and dance with a bunch pervs who hit on all the girls they see! Yeah PS home updates dont excite me.

+ SpyDudeFX on April 7th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

@26 no prizes for this event, it’s the first one done by Community Volunteers.

+ Worm- on April 7th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

I have an entire alien tattoo on my back left shoulder, I’ll have to get a picture up for you guys to see.

+ FluffyPrincess on April 7th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

I always look forward to Thursday updates!!

And Lockwood makes the best shoes!! I think they are conspiring to drain my bank account with their cuteness!

I would love some more spring clothing–more dresses, skirts, short sleeve shirts, and shorts.

More bangle bracelets too–they show up the best in bright colors.

I love Home and am in it everyday. :-)

+ JimInPT on April 7th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

@31, if it’s real and not a rub-on, I’m afraid there’s something wrong with you. That’s just not right for a normal, balanced person to do. It may be “extreeemmme” but you’d better not let a potential employer know.

As the saying goes “A tattoo is permanent evidence of temporary insanity.”

+ Spideywebs on April 7th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

So no God of War stuff again? I guess I can assume it’s not coming, if they didn’t even memorialize the release of GOW 3 with any items in Home. Oh well, guess I’m done spending money in Home, as it seems like the service is getting filled with more and more garbage.

+ footballrule on April 7th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

Hey Locust_Star, any news on a SPELUNKER space from IREM? The cave is awesome! Seen in it Japan. Hope we get it soon.

+ Hobartbob on April 7th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

This update is kind of whack. BRING MLB CONTENT TO HOME!!!!!!!!

+ smokey_vols on April 7th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Another money trap to get people to buy costumes from the mall? Come on, do something exciting with Home, only 10-13 year-olds have any interest in the lame dances….

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 7th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

I have dinner plans tonight, but if I were there, I’d totally be repping Aliens.

+ TubaDude49 on April 7th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

“Whoever Wins, we Lose”

+ fuzzyclutter on April 7th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

@ 24 Not only do people like you and me do it over and over …. we PAY to do it . just a matter of perspective .

@ 16 Things go on sale …. it happens . last weeks meat and potatoe burrito that i paid full price for is now on sale this week . SCEA doesnt do anything abhorrant than any other business to spark sales . also The echochrome team already had game updates in the works long before your suggestion . So you can get off that high horse now.

PAGE 1 2