Minecraft PS4

NEW PSP “Big Boss” Pack for METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar + Posted by Kristin Neirinckx on Apr 08, 2010 // Marketing Manager, PSP

Hi everyone! A few weeks ago, we announced the METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack will be available in the U.S. and Canada.

METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack

We have something very special for all of you ULTIMATE fans out there! Launching with the game on June 8, you can pick an exclusive limited edition “Big Boss” Pack for METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER, which will be available only at GameStop locations in the U.S. for $199.99 (MSRP). This premium package combines the highly anticipated title from legendary developer Hideo Kojima with a “Camouflage” PSP-3000 system, which was inspired by the Central American setting for the game.

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER Big Boss Pack 1

So, what’s in it you ask? The limited-edition “Big Boss” Pack will include the following:

• “Camouflage” PSP-3000 system
  • METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER game on UMD
  • Voucher for in-game content unlockable early on in the game
  • PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher — title to be announced
  • 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo
  • Premium carrying case

METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER is amongst the first of several premiere PSP titles from both first and third-party publishers coming in 2010. Don’t forget — make sure you mark your calendars for June 8, when the stand alone METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER game on UMD, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack and “Big Boss” Pack will each be available.

As always, we look forward to hearing you comment and enjoy!

113 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Korbei83 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Thanks for reposting this with the Canadian bundle up to par.

+ LETHARGIC474 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

That’s awesome.

+ DZORMAGEN on April 8th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Will the Premium carrying case be sold separate by chance?

+ Tyrsis on April 8th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Good to know I wasted $250 on my PSPGo, when I could have got this.

It will continue to collect dust.

+ Timberland2K7 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Nice

+ Edge_Of_Blood on April 8th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

This is SO badass. >:D

+ sam_i_jam on April 8th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Will pick up the game day-one. Still very happy with my PSP-2000.

This is potentially going to be the deepest and most prolific release on the PSP.

+ depward on April 8th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

Oooh love it! If I didn’t have a Go I’d totally go for the limited edition :D

+ WFMMK on April 8th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

I’m SO buying the Big Boss bundle! Can’t wait but I wish that you’d make the movie UMD in the US too.

+ MarzPan on April 8th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Awesome, preordered!

+ itsJose on April 8th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

That Big Boss edition is AWESOME.

+ tj5678 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

Great bundle. Would be even better if it included metal gear acid games as well.

+ R3DSKORP1ON on April 8th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

THANK YOU!!!!! I was on the fence about the other bundle (wasnt feeling the green!) but this is definetly a must buy. There is NO REASON we here in the US (or Canada for that matter) shouldnt get the kind of bundles and colors they get in Japan. We are loyal to Playstation and believe me, IF YOU BRING IT HERE PEOPLE WILL BUT IT!!!

+ Nimoy23 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Great concept. The biggest issue you’re running into is how you’ve alienated the poor saps that bought the Go.
If you want to make this up to them, maybe you should do a great PR move, and apologize to those that aren’t happy. Maybe even work out a trade-in deal with GameStop to the folks that are less than happy.
Just a suggestion. One that will, most likely, fall onto deaf ears.

+ TheGuardianFID on April 8th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

SWEEEEET!!! o_O

+ WFMMK on April 8th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Man now I’m disappointed, just noticed the Big Boss pack if gamestop exclusive. You guys need to stop doing that, some of us don’t have access to gamestop and now I’ll have to look for it on ebay….which means I’ll end up paying more and you’ll miss out on money I could have spent on more of your amazing products.

+ depward on April 8th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

Another question: most of the time, you get a cardboard sleeve of sorts for UMD games packed in bundles. These images show otherwise. Is it correct to assume that the bundles will include the actual game case?

+ PointBlank771 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

I really think this is cool, but the game needs to be in a retail case as shown and not a cardboard sleeve that they’re really in.

+ Sindred on April 8th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

That blue one is a thing of beauty.

+ poodude on April 8th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Damnit, I wish I hadn’t bought a PSP last year, I love the shade of green on that first system.

+ dragonmagician on April 8th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

The packaging looks sweet.

“… amongst the first of several premiere PSP titles from both first and third-party publishers coming in 2010.” – sounds interesting, although it took ’til June to get one premiere PSP to release this year? I haven’t played with my PSP for a while, hope there are good games coming soon (ie; KH:BBS).

+ GoGunner24 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Will the game come in the cheap cardboard sleeve to the nice plastic case that you get when you buy the game by itself?

+ zombie_56 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

beautiful box art

+ AmericanNinja1 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

anything for us PSPGO owners?

+ angelspawn77 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

crap, I want that big boss pack! that camo psp is freaking awesome, perhaps I can save up the money from here to then and be able to get it! I might be able to do it, it doesnt come out till june 8 so I got plenty of time, im gonna set that mission for myself!

+ The1stMJC on April 8th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

Been holding off on a PSP for years and after seeing the camo PSP and what it has I will be an owner of a PSP in June. Even though I hate Gamestop looks like I have no choice, but to get that.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 8th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Haha canadians get UMD version of the movie, no video store for Canada anytime soon….

+ Mosh_Pit on April 8th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

No buy for me.

+ GettinWorse on April 8th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Is the PSPGo PSP Gone?

This seems like a missed opportunity to dump some of the GO inventory. There must be millions still sitting on shelves.

+ SarshelYam on April 8th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

I was beginning to lose faith in North America’s position in gaming. Thanks for restoring my faith. I’ll be preordering this as soon as GameStop posts the reservation SKU.

+ Timmyho on April 8th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

I can’t wait to see what they have planned for all us PSPGO user’s

+ Asylum3395 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

looks like Sony isnt promoting the PSP Go since its not getting a bundle pack like some other games are getting

+ ediddy999 on April 8th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

This shows what a great idea the PSPGo is. Still trying to push the PSP-3000. I hate myself.

+ CRAIG19C on April 8th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

Awesome! Went to pre-order as soon as I saw it, lol.
Let’s rock! >:D

+ BigBoss712 on April 8th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

BigBoss PSP sweet! if only i could afford it, huge Metal Gear fan. lol

+ Berae on April 8th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Nice bundles but the Big Boss one is much more nice. The camouflage looks awesome on it.

+ efrax_sm on April 8th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

I should be the first one to get it here in Costa Rica!

+ Jeigh on April 8th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

That thing is freakin’ hot. My God of War PSP broke a couple months back- damn shame. If I had the money, you better believe I’d get this if I could. Either way, my respects to Kojima-san. Amazing guy.

As a sidenote, it also struck me pretty quickly how ironic it was that the PSPGo has no special edition.

+ kzarling on April 8th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

I really don’t like Gamestop. Sony (and other game companies) – stop them giving them exclusive crap like this. I’d rather give my money to another retailer. In fact, no retailer should get exclusive deals (timed exclusives are OK but still rub me a little the wrong way).

Why is this bundle a better value than the standard “Entertainment Pack”? The only thing that should get to be exclusive to Gamestop is the camo color, and the standard pack gets the green. But for some reason, for the same price, this pack gets a 4 GB MS instead of 2 GB, and a carrying case. What’s the deal with that?

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on April 8th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

So this will be available in Canada? First you said it’s only available at Gamestop in the US, then you said Canadian residents will get a UMD. I’m gonna assume it’s available in Canada too, but at what stores?

+ gus_xl on April 8th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Very nice! Looks like I’m finally going to update from my 1000.

+ J_CZAR on April 8th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

omg i am so going to preorder it. now i finally can get a cool version of the psp bundle since i dont own a psp.

+ WebScud on April 8th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

THANK YOU!

I was becoming sad that all I could get in the US was the *odd* green-colored bundle. I’m so happy we’re getting what the rest of the world does. It’s just a shame that it is a GameStop-exclusive.

+ smokey_vols on April 8th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Very, very tempting. Love the camo.

+ AceBeeDee on April 8th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

i can see pic of Boss Pack but not Ent. Pack here on my PS3…why? Anyway, these bundles are insane! Makes me wanna go buy one! lol guess my blood red Kratos PSP will work just as good. And on a sour note, the ppl complaining bout GO are the same ppl who complained bout the PSEYE and will be also complaining bout PS MOVE. support the junk u create, Sony.

+ hyuiolkj on April 8th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

hello

+ Airwalkinman17 on April 8th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

I was wondering if there was going to be a collectors edition of the game. Either way, can’t wait. This game is going to rock!!!

+ Axecution on April 8th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

@40-

EB Games is the same thing as Gamespot.

+ FearMonkey on April 8th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Can you please stop giving GameStop exclusive hardware like this? It’s really really really annoying.

+ Enigma777 on April 8th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

And the Go gets nothing… Keep up the great support, guys! You’re really making me happy that I bought one.

/sarcasm