PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 08

Apr 08

The Tester Finale – Episode 8 Coming Later Today; See Who Wins the Job as the Next PlayStation Game Tester!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Well, this is it! The wait is over. After seven episodes of watching The Tester cast grind their way through a series of elimination challenges shaped around the skills necessary to be a game tester, we finally get to see who wins the job at Sony Computer Entertainment America.

In Episode 8, “Season Finale,” the final three contestants (Amped, Cyrus, and Nauseous) face an intense series of mini-challenges involving problem solving, dexterity, PlayStation knowledge and game play. There are no judges, no elimination rounds, and no excuses in this flat-out race to the finish to determine who wins the title of The Tester.

The Tester is available in both Standard and High-Definition formats from the PlayStation Store and also showing in PlayStation Home, Theater 8 where another cast member t-shirt will be rewarded. And don’t miss the new commemorative item that is also available for purchase!

Thanks for downloading and watching, everyone. Please allow folks to enjoy the show and refrain from posting spoilers.

We had a great time bringing you our first original competitive reality series. Hope you enjoyed the show and please keep sharing your feedback with us!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Gaara_Of_TheFunk said:

April 8th, 1:31 pm

Can’t waif to see who wins, it was a great season!!

iggy_ogg said:

April 8th, 1:32 pm

cyrus FTW!

linebeginstoblur said:

April 8th, 1:32 pm

Currently watching a marathon of the first seven episodes and it’ll be done right as the finale goes live at Home. I have to admit, I was unsure about this show at first, but it quickly grew on me. I hope this was successful enough to try more exclusive content!

thedarkotun1 said:

April 8th, 1:36 pm

I love this show, I hope they make more stuff like these. Season 2 Anyone ? Although its sometimes sad how much i know more than these contestants

LETHARGIC474 said:

April 8th, 1:36 pm

Getting to know many of the characters kinda personally really helped this show grow on me.

DZORMAGEN said:

April 8th, 1:38 pm

I want the CUTE AMPED to win it all! If not her, then Nauseous.

spoo78 said:

April 8th, 1:39 pm

Nauseous has been under the radar pretty much the entire series, I believe we’ll see him shine tonight.

I too hope this show was successful enough to encourage more FREE content like this.

thedarkotun1 said:

April 8th, 1:41 pm

I Hope Cyrus Wins, But Looking At The Preview, It Looks He Won’t:(

RoecraticA said:

April 8th, 1:41 pm

awesome!! any thoughts on tester xmb themes or even a wallpaper??

thedarkotun1 said:

April 8th, 1:42 pm

I Hope Cyrus Wins, But Looking At The Preview, It Looks Like He Won’t:(

Nintendo451 said:

April 8th, 1:43 pm

Cyyyrus! Cyyyrus! Cyyyrus!

Say it with me!

LumarQQ said:

April 8th, 1:44 pm

NAUSEOUS NAUSEOUS NAUSEOUS

Gambit0020 said:

April 8th, 1:49 pm

So where is the episode? I’m waiting to download it!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

April 8th, 1:51 pm

It should be available on the Video side of the Store at 3 PM and on the Games side when the Thursday update is published.

Airwalkinman17 said:

April 8th, 1:49 pm

Okay, I’ve gotta admit. I was a little skeptical that this show would hold any of my interest, but each episode got more and more interesting! I actually really dig it now.
I hope Nauseous wins, but all three of those guys got it together and deserve to win it.

Zookey said:

April 8th, 1:50 pm

Congrats on a great show!! Please make more!

Sons-of-Helghan said:

April 8th, 1:51 pm

NAUSEOUS NAUSEOUS NAUSEOUS!!! FTW

depward said:

April 8th, 1:53 pm

You guys – this has been a fun little series. I don’t get a lot of the hate this series gets; it’s a fun concept and it has been really entertaining. Looking forward to watching the finale tonight!!

Gambit0020 said:

April 8th, 1:58 pm

ok cool, I can’t wait! GO NAUSEOUS!!!

willynews said:

April 8th, 2:01 pm

I say Amped is going to win. Who’s with me.

Rai_11 said:

April 8th, 2:06 pm

Usually, I would never get into a show like this. Yet I find myself looking forward to every Thursday night to check it out. Others even come over to watch now. So I’d just like to say great job Sony on really doing something completely new.

P.S. I had these 3 pinned as the Final 3 since the beginning. If I had to say which would be the best employee, I’d say Cyrus. Nauseous would be good as well, but may come off as a little unprofessional. Amped would also be a good choice, but I am not sure she is as hard core of a gamer as the other two, meaning not sure what to look for… she comes off as mid-casual, mid-hardcore gamer, however this is much more than most female gamers. Therefore, she would be good if they also needed a female perspective for the games.

All in all, all three great candidates, and looking forward to who takes home the prize.

dehumanizer_666 said:

April 8th, 2:08 pm

I hope Nauseous wins.

imajinetion said:

April 8th, 2:08 pm

Well, it’ll probably be the highlight of the american update. Lovers will finally get the conclusion, Haters will see it as a symbol of the end.

Sarij said:

April 8th, 2:09 pm

I remember when this first started, EVERYONE hated and bashed it. Now look….nothing but positive comments on people wanting to know the outcome!

Hope they release more shows like this, its great for the PSN and gives people a reason to check it weekly. Good job Sony!

JimInPT said:

April 8th, 2:11 pm

I’m looking forward to Episode 9 in a year or so. The one where they find out if the “winner” died of boredom.

I think the Second Place Winner gets the job. First Place prize is no job and a return to real life.

zerokingx said:

April 8th, 2:15 pm

I want Amped or Nouseous to win. The 2 cool people. I’m just glad Star is out.

SPOPS said:

April 8th, 2:19 pm

Can’t wait to watch this. And can’t wait for the next season :D

Callahan09 said:

April 8th, 2:20 pm

Go NAUSEOUS!

B1GG1N said:

April 8th, 2:21 pm

I am looking forward to see who wins. I am cheering for Nauseous to pull it off. Kudos on a great first season.

WWESuperstar said:

April 8th, 2:21 pm

I’m ready to watch this. I really hope Nauseous is the winner. I don’t like how the other two ganged up on Star a few weeks ago. Very lame. Nauseous FTW!

SPOPS said:

April 8th, 2:23 pm

Just curious, is this finale episode any longer than the normal episodes?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

April 8th, 2:29 pm

Yes, it a bit longer and includes some outtakes at the end!

ycole11 said:

April 8th, 2:27 pm

It’s either Cyrus or Nauseous. I like Cyrus but hope Nauseous wins.

FJ1100_rider said:

April 8th, 2:32 pm

I like the show but think that these gamers need to get out more , they’re all fawning over the girls thinking they’re so hot when they really aren’t that great looking . that’s what I found funny , especially the guys crying about the girls being voted out .

NoobHunter91 said:

April 8th, 2:32 pm

Nauseous! Nauseous!!!! Hes da man anyways time for season 2! I was suspicious how the tester would go and i must say its really good good job Sony congrats!

Jocis said:

April 8th, 2:39 pm

I’m rooting for cyrus, but im think that Nauseus is going to win. Anyway, i don’t who the wiiner is because i Like all of them specially Amped, she’s the sexy one there

GettoYout said:

April 8th, 2:40 pm

Can we now have a similar series but with more competition using the actual PS3 game library with controllers in hand, vying for the ultimate gamer bragging rights or something? I think more people will be interested,… especially gamers.

NEJI64 said:

April 8th, 2:47 pm

whats whit those dudes crying like 15 year old boys. what’s with them don’t they know “there’s no crying in baseball”. i rooting for Nauseous.

dilsk4114 said:

April 8th, 2:49 pm

i thought at the begging this was really lame but in the end quite enjoyed the show

Sponge-worthy said:

April 8th, 2:54 pm

I’m pretty sure I could take every one of them in a Tekken fight.

x_NiiGHTMARE_x said:

April 8th, 2:56 pm

love the show just. it would be better if the show was longer. maybe add more challenges to the show. I look forward to it every week!

GettoYout said:

April 8th, 2:58 pm

Beginning

Danny_Death said:

April 8th, 3:01 pm

its 3pm nd i dont c it in the store

almighty-slayer said:

April 8th, 3:06 pm

Cyrus has to win it :D

Any news on another series then? :)

bLiNdSiDe82 said:

April 8th, 3:14 pm

awesome, can’t wait to see who wins. Rooting for Cyrus.

Javier230 said:

April 8th, 3:14 pm

NAUSEOS FTW !

JakeRuiner said:

April 8th, 3:26 pm

i want Cyrus to win, he looks like he knows what he’s doing, but idk if he will. in the preview it looks like amped is going to win

IColinoI said:

April 8th, 3:27 pm

When is this going to be available?

It’s past 3PM PST and it’s still not up. You guys should have midnight releases or at least make sure content makes it in the first half of the day you schedule it for. Saying Thursday but meaning Thursday evening is kind of dumb

gillettjoe said:

April 8th, 3:36 pm

Glad this is over.

Please spend your money on other things in the future Sony.

Haskell420 said:

April 8th, 3:39 pm

Hello,
This is now the 2nd consecutive week, I have NOT received my HOME Reward, when going into the HOME Theater for that weeks Tester Episode.
I have gone into the theater, every single week, and watched all the episodes of “The Tester” And each time I have gone in to watch that weeks episode, I have always received the “Reward” for that week.
Now that last REWARD I received, was the “Game Over Doc” t-shirt.
After watching last weeks episode in the Theater, at no time during the Episode, did any “Reward” Icon, appear on my screen.

Now I just went in, and watched the Tester Finale, and once again, NO REWARD icon appeared on my screen.
I went into the Menu system, to check what award I got, and the last one it shows, says, “Game over Doc.”

Please look into this, and please give me last weeks, and this weeks Tester Reward.

Any problems, PLEASE email me at once at my registered address.

PSN ID: Haskell420

D-Squad3 said:

April 8th, 3:40 pm

I will rage if Nauseous does not win.

Spinout209 said:

April 8th, 3:40 pm

I think Nauseous wins cause Cyrus falls back and Amped looks like she falls a bit behind as well. We’ll have to see

PAGE 1 2