Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 08

Apr 08

The Tester Finale – Episode 8 Coming Later Today; See Who Wins the Job as the Next PlayStation Game Tester!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Well, this is it! The wait is over. After seven episodes of watching The Tester cast grind their way through a series of elimination challenges shaped around the skills necessary to be a game tester, we finally get to see who wins the job at Sony Computer Entertainment America.

In Episode 8, “Season Finale,” the final three contestants (Amped, Cyrus, and Nauseous) face an intense series of mini-challenges involving problem solving, dexterity, PlayStation knowledge and game play. There are no judges, no elimination rounds, and no excuses in this flat-out race to the finish to determine who wins the title of The Tester.

The Tester is available in both Standard and High-Definition formats from the PlayStation Store and also showing in PlayStation Home, Theater 8 where another cast member t-shirt will be rewarded. And don’t miss the new commemorative item that is also available for purchase!

Thanks for downloading and watching, everyone. Please allow folks to enjoy the show and refrain from posting spoilers.

We had a great time bringing you our first original competitive reality series. Hope you enjoyed the show and please keep sharing your feedback with us!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Gambit0020 said:

April 8th, 3:47 pm

I thought this was coming out a 3PM, how come it isn’t out yet?

Curtisio said:

April 8th, 4:03 pm

I liked the series. Thank you for entertaining us!

JAc_THe_RIppER said:

April 8th, 4:09 pm

YOU WON!

sepijooon said:

April 8th, 4:18 pm

give us TESTER 2
and by the way Amped FTW :P

FrozoneUSMC said:

April 8th, 4:28 pm

Update the store already!!

BlazinFury said:

April 8th, 4:47 pm

I was skeptical of the TESTER when it first came out, I was one that despised ‘Reality T.V.’ since Music Television and the rest of t.v. got bombarded with such shows in the past decade plus. But after watching from start to finish I can say I got hooked. Playstation did a good job at its reality debut and I do hope they back it up with similar shows, but keeping it game based reality.
—-GREAT JOB PLAYSTATION—-
PS- I want to be a contestant!!!!!
PSS- Did MTv ever change its name to RTv (Reality Television) lol

willynews said:

April 8th, 4:53 pm

just watch for answer

robertmc8 said:

April 8th, 5:32 pm

Still no number 8 of the tester yet :(

bubit13 said:

April 8th, 5:34 pm

WOW! i love this show watched every esisode from begining to last! =] hope sony decides to host a season 2 and 3 of the tester so maybe on can be on the show! =] Great Job

robertmc8 said:

April 8th, 5:41 pm

it’s out :)

Gambit0020 said:

April 8th, 5:52 pm

liar. no it’s not. I just looked.

SpyDudeFX said:

April 8th, 5:57 pm

It is out under both the game and video stores.

Coxrone said:

April 8th, 7:18 pm

That was crap Cyrus though the whole season they were praising him except the challenge before this one i knew he was going to win since day one it’s easy to see i mean no one really got noticed as much as him.

nickman317 said:

April 8th, 7:33 pm

Are you going to have the winner’s avatar shown in PS home?

cronqvist said:

April 8th, 8:09 pm

I really really enjoyed The Tester. It’s like no other reality show because you really feel a connection with those people (being gamers… you know).

Also, it helped that the show focused on the challenges at hand, instead of stupid things other shows do. Though the outtakes at the end of the episode made me want to see a little bit more of the contestants.

Thanks for a great show Sony, here’s hoping for a second season (and perhaps you can fly me there from Mexico to be in it) :D

Meteorgun7 said:

April 8th, 9:01 pm

That was awesome, I loved it!!!! Congrats to the winner, hope he/she works their way up in the game industry! As a former tester for EA, the job is not that rewarding…but if it helps you get your foot in the industry, it is worth it!!!

crazyone22 said:

April 8th, 9:02 pm

great show i loved the tester when is the next season out?

coolasj19 said:

April 8th, 9:23 pm

WOO wonderful episode just epic. im glad **************** won. at that point i just couldnt root for anyone. please do something like this again. if my PS3 hadnt hit the can i wouldve been in home every single episode. so can i please say take my word. i REALLY REALLY want those shirts. especially Barmy =D

triple_lei said:

April 8th, 10:16 pm

That was great! If there’s a season 2, I’d like the episodes to be more like the finale – that is, include video gaming segments! Part of the fun of reality TV is laughing at the contestants when we know we could do better (regardless if we actually can or not)… and if it showcases games we haven’t seen yet, all the better!

daviceroy said:

April 8th, 11:05 pm

Loved this series! Please do a second season :) Thumbs up! Keep up the good work Sony!

DesperateAlone said:

April 8th, 11:56 pm

Finished episode 8. The person I wanted to win did not but it was a good competition. To SCEA: Two criticisms I had are

1) just as you cutaway to the competitors during each episode, I think you should cutaway to the managers also; talking about what it’s like to work at Sony, with games, a little about themselves. Especially the ‘guest’ panelists; we never got to know them at any level…here one minute, gone the next.

2) The ‘wrap-up’ of episode 8 was near non-existent. It would have been nice to have a bit of a ceremony at the end. Anyone will tell you to start strong and finish strong in presentations. The last episode did not end strong; you just closed it up and shut it down. It didn’t give me enough closure to “say goodbye” to it all.

I enjoyed the show and think it’s a great idea.

Spursfann said:

April 9th, 12:01 am

on the other note i enjoyed the show but it was too short there could of been another episode but seein the last episode i wanna play UC2 :) NAUSEOUS FTW!

Res215dg said:

April 9th, 2:24 am

Playstation- the Tester was awesome. you NEED to make another series like this again and within this year!! hahaah I would anticipate thursdays so much just so I was able to watch the next episode-

Spazinator said:

April 9th, 4:12 am

@ Kevin Furuichi – I just want to point out that, as of Friday morning @ 7 AM EDT episode 8 of The Tester is up on the game side of the store, but not the video side. Unless I hear otherwise, I’ll just take it as an oversight on Sony’s part (I know Thursdays can be hectic @ Sony & mistakes are bound to happen occasionally). Just thought you’d appreciate the heads-up. Normally I’m not a fan of reality shows (heck, I roll my eyes & wanna gag @ the notion of them), but The Tester was actually alright. I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s the greatest show in the history of ever, but it wasn’t horrible either. Hypothetically, if there was a 2nd season I’d be likely to see it. PS – Speaking of multiple seasons, are we likely to see additional seasons of the original Transformers show, as well as the 1987 animated Transformers movie? I grew up on that stuff & watched it w/o fail. I’d gladly hand over my $$$ for that stuff — I already bought all 16 episodes of seas 1 on my alternate profile (aptly named Movie_Profile).

aagyema said:

April 9th, 8:04 am

mann,,dis is tight..i hope Nauseous wins….dat kid is gud..he got wat playstation needss…real gamer..

morrislevy said:

April 9th, 8:21 am

Dear PlayStation,

I have watched the said episode, and I found that the Testers were all tied up to the chair in different manners. The knots and the placement of the ropes looked entirely different, Nauseous being the most difficult, and Amped the easiest. The other annoying thing was Amped couldn’t let Nauseous into the slow elevator? Are you kidding me!? Ugh!

In conclusion: the winner seems illegitimate. End.

Regards,
— Morris

ShatteredRaven77 said:

April 9th, 8:38 am

It was a pretty good show. I think Nauseous should’ve won though. He had no drama, was focused on everything, and didn’t fall victim to the “Survivor” syndrome.

He had me crakin’ up during the ninja episode, lol

ShatteredRaven77 said:

April 9th, 8:39 am

I agree 73

Tman_Slice said:

April 9th, 10:24 am

I enjoyed the Tester series. Continue the good work with original programming for the PSN!

infamis123 said:

April 9th, 2:56 pm

Im really mad that CYRUS won he doesnt even want to be a tester he said it him self he said he wants to work for japan or somthin like that. When cyrus does his other job they should call nauseous and ask him if he still wants his dream job because thats all nauseous wants to be is a tester

JakeRuiner said:

April 9th, 2:57 pm

overall the show grew on me and it was good, had a good laugh here and there and the final episode had me all tensed up through out all the mini challenges.

i’d definitely watch season 2, when’s that coming out btw?

Quan_The_Don said:

April 9th, 4:32 pm

i hope they do another season…and crys WTF!!!

whitewolf2k8 said:

April 9th, 7:47 pm

Great show, way to go PSN!!!
I’ll be waiting for Season 2, hope they make it more longer, the next season, i mean 12 to 15 episodes and 40 minutes each one. It will be a full hour episode with no commercials.

Keep up the good work, SONY!

More things like this show will keep us waiting for the next PS Store update.

dmc-run said:

April 9th, 8:21 pm

Nauseous should have won. He was consistent in every challenge. Cyrus failed in the ninja challenge and the judges even mentioned memorization is important to being a tester.

Javier230 said:

April 9th, 9:01 pm

I wanted nauseos to won

Javier230 said:

April 9th, 9:01 pm

win*

trinigamer101 said:

April 9th, 11:11 pm

hey guys there be a season 2, like the show, bring new ones yea.

soraky said:

April 10th, 4:50 pm

I personally think all 3 of them got the jobs, just maybe only said winner getting the signing bonus of $5K.

cowboyd21 said:

April 10th, 10:54 pm

it was a gud show

XArabianSoldierX said:

April 11th, 3:56 am

I just finished the first season and cannot wait till the next! I love playstation and would love to become a playstation tester in my future.

Mr_Freaker said:

April 11th, 10:10 am

Happy to see who won (it was the person I liked most)
But one thing I don’t understand.

At the end they say something like it were 8 amazing weeks. But how did that go? 8 weeks together and each week one challenge or how did this actually go?

My only negative comment is that I found the episodes a bit short. I think (don’t want a fight with the director :p) that it would have been fun if they would add more of the house stuff in the video like you see them playing a game and some comments on that game or getting to know the persons a bit more :p

Ideas for season 2 :p

Kizzani said:

April 13th, 4:50 pm

I am so suprised. The panel lost their love child. STAR SUCKS. whoopy fking do she is good at guitar hero. She should have been out long ago. I just finsihed episode 6. four times at the bottom and she stay. she must be a good lay.

Elvick_ said:

April 24th, 4:23 am

Amped was terrible at Uncharted 2.

Wonder what Difficulty it was?

-jumps off the train-