Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Apr 13

Coming to PSN this Week: Jungle Add-on Pack for Magic Orbz

Scott Hyman's Avatar Posted by Scott Hyman on Apr 13, 2010 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey PlayStation readers! It’s Scott again, from TikGames/Creat Studios. Do you all mind if I just crash out on the couch for a while? Since I’m here so often, I figured I might as well just move in for a while. That cool?

In exchange for food money, how about a new announcement? TikGames/Creat Studios is proud to deliver another Add-On Pack for our hit game, Magic Orbz. Since breaking apart pirates, witches and igloos just wasn’t enough, it’s now time to take our destructive tendencies into the JUNGLE!

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 06

On Thursday, April 15th in North America and April 22nd in Europe, you can download the Jungle Pack for Magic Orbz for just $2.99/€2.99. The Jungle Pack is loaded with wild beasts, ancient ruins, dense foliage, harsh weather, and everything else you could want to destroy with your little orb.

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 08 Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 03

For those not in the know, Magic Orbz presents a fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay, enabling players to bust apart bright, colorful 3D environments piece by piece. Using realistic physics and a super-high-tech system of object destruction, Magic Orbz is presented in stunning 1080p with online multiplayer and in-game live voice communications. (Now you’re “in the know!”)

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 07

As always, everyone at TikGames/Creat Studios thanks you all for your support and feedback. We all work very hard to bring you great games, and we read everything that comes our way from our fans. We can’t do what we love without you!

PAGE 1 2

+ papidj1 on April 13th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Please, let us interact with the enviroment, not just destruct it!. It woul be cool to have a n amusement park theme and interact like those pinball machines before we destruct all.

+ SpyDudeFX on April 13th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

I like all of the ideas so far. Also wanted to add to please launch new DLC for Interpol + online co-op. That game is one of my favorites, and new DLC would be awesome.

+ DaWolf619 on April 13th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Love me some Magic Orbz, gonna have to get this add-on for sure.
Can you also check on the status of Mahjongg Tales: Ancient Wisdom? I got it because of the sale, but can’t play it as everytime it goes to Update it causes the PS3 to reset.

+ GGCAN on April 13th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

A great game that will be worth reviving with this new add on.

+ Motherboop on April 14th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

I hope it adds 6 trophies. that combined with the other two expansions, it’s an instant purchase for me :)

+ coppi6976 on April 13th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!! IM all over this!!!!! Love this game, one of the few games my wife actually likes to play!!!

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Thanks, coppi6976. Great that you and your wife can play together!

+ Vasteva on April 13th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

I’m so glad there is a new map coming out! And sence we are takeing votes, yes defantly a dino map would love to see a t-rex get blown off the map or struck by lightning (evil laugh). Space orbes and wild west sounds cool too but i fegured you guys would contune with holliday maps (witches and winter) but when i didn’t get to run over the easter bunny with my orbz or little leperchauns i was a bit saddened.
So what I’m saying is if you run out of ideas just keep the psudeo holliday maps coming and we won’t have to show up at your place with pitchforks and torches.

+ Berae on April 13th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Nice! yea a dinosaur pack would be nice loll and last lvl put jesus on a big tyrannosaur, that would be sweet loll

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

OK, 2 for space, 2 for dinosaurs, one for old west. And I’ll just stop there, Berae.

+ JetSetFuture on April 13th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Is Tarzan included in this add-on? Just kidding. It looks great. I’ll be sure to grab it on Thursday.

Thanks for continuing to support this fun “little” game – though I guess it’s not so little anymore.

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Thank you, JetSetFuture. Nothing makes us happier than all of the PS3 players who tell us how much they enjoy all the Add-On Packs. Let us know how you enjoy the the Jungle Pack.

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

Uh oh… pitchforks and torches. I’m off to chat with the development team and do what I can to avoid the angry mob!

+ plaztiksyke on April 13th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

Does this add-on have better music than the Winter pack? The Winter Pack’s music was extremely repetitive and sounded very poor compared to the original music’s audio quality.

Also, will the patch fix the WAY-TOO-LOUD music in the XMB menu? I mentioned this twice before and was told the issue would be “passed onto developers”.

Middle Eastern/Arabian Nights, Wild west, Dinosaurs, and Space themes all seem like great ideas. How about a new ‘genocide’ power-up that, when it hits a tile, destroys all tiles of the same type on the current board? Or a gravity reversal ball that causes objects to float for a few seconds, and then they fall?

Here’s another vote for co-op games. I’d really love to see a patch/DLC for Mushroom Wars that adds local co-op play. My husband and I loved PixelJunk Monsters, and the local co-op play was a huge part of our enjoyment.

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

Better music… that’s a matter of taste, I suppose. But there’s always Custom Music, so you can listen to whatever you like.

I will check on the XMB issue. I believe that it is indeed being addressed.

Arabian Nights… oooh, there’s a good one! I like the other ideas, too. I’ll pass them all along to the dev team, plaztiksyke!

I can’t comment on Mushroom Wars just yet, but stay tuned!

+ GettinWorse on April 13th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Gonna pick this up after work this evening, but have a few quick questions about the multiplayer:

Is it local multiplayer? For how many players? And does it use split-screen for multiplayer, or do two people move back and forth across the whole screen (crossing over each other) in a type of co-op play?

Thanks for the info.

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Hold on there, GettingWorse. You can pick this up the original Magic Orbz on sale right now at 50% off, but the Jungle Pack won’t be available until *Thursday* after work. It won’t be there tonight.

It does have local and online multiplayer for 2 players. Not split screen… in game multiplayer.

+ plaztiksyke on April 13th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

By “better” music, I meant longer and/or more diverse loops encoded at a higher bitrate. Besides sounding flat compared to the original levels’ music, the compression artifacts in the Winter music were distracting to us and reminded me of WiiWare games.

I hope that’s specific/constructive enough ;)

Can you tell us if this new level pack’s music is better on those two fronts (loop length/diversity and encoding bitrate)?

Thanks for spending so much time to answer all the questions — Tik/Creat are probably the best at this kind of community outreach! :)

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

I’ll let you know what I can find out, plaztiksyke.

+ Cstrfrk on April 13th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Awesome! That was a quick update since the last one. Can’t wait to play through with my friend from Canada. We always await the latest updates for this game. Keep the new themes comin’

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Thanks, Cstrfrk! We’re always looking to make more for Orbz!

+ DragonRay on April 13th, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

combine the old west and zombies packs ?
and how about a classic games pack with levels inspired by classic games from the arcades of the 1980s ?
anyway I’ll be getting the add-on . picked up majhong tales and interpol last week and now have all but your last 2 games . too many games too little time

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Thanks for picking up some of our old titles, DragonRay.

A classic arcade inspired Magic Orbz? Wow, I think that might make our designers’ heads explode from joy!

+ OnslaughtCometh on April 13th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

How about a 1920’s-style New York landscape? Old-style buildings and such.

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Better yet, can we add the dinosaurs to that? :-)

+ Maguss on April 13th, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

Is this the 3rd pack for this game? Any chance of a bundle?!?! If not I’ll pick this one up first, I haven’t had a chance to play so I haven’t picked up the other packs yet. Now that I’m unemployed I have more time to play! lol

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

It is indeed the third pack, Maguss. No news on a bundle right now, but it’s been discussed.

+ SpyDudeFX on April 13th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

MagicOrbz is just one of those awesome PSN titles, with tons of replay value and amazing DLC for a low price. More add-on packs based on a world theme would be nice!

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Thanks for the nice words, SpyDudeFX. The world theme sounds cool, too!

+ gosox on April 13th, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

Good add on to a great game. Thanks for the replies as well.

+ Scott Hyman on April 13th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

Thank you, gosox! Always happy to chat with folks that buy our games.

And now, a very important question for you.

Sox… White or Red?