Driveclub

MAG Strategic Bonus: Overhead Map Views

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Apr 13, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

We’ve had a lot of requests from our diehard MAG fans to release “birds-eye view” shots of our detailed and expansive maps – and now we’re pleased to say that we’re giving them to you. Starting right now, we’re releasing ultra hi-res imagery of every competitive map in the game so that you can meticulously plan your attack routes, defensive maneuvers, and leadership tactics before the next time you set foot on the battlefield.

Below is a link to each Suppression, Sabotage, Acquisition, and Domination map that MAG has to offer. Download them, share them, do whatever you want with them – they’re all yours. Enjoy!

Valor Suppression

[Note, to see the highest-res version of these maps, click on "All Sizes" above the image in the Flickr Page, and then choose "Original"]

+ HerbertFortoon on April 13th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Toobad I can no longer play this game!!

:-(

+ KaiserSosate on April 13th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

thanks, I will use these to gather the best method to defeat my enemies. These maps are extremely huge.

+ xiked on April 13th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

IM going to start playing this game again, been busy whit bc2 but this is a fantastic game. I hope it sold well so the game will still be around.

How many copies have MAG sold ww? 1 million? more? I hope so, because I want a living community.

+ ryanmck142 on April 13th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

These maps are pretty cool. Thanks you to all those who worked hard on MAG making this a succesfull game be even awsome. Huge maps are too cool.

+ Blkant on April 13th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

You’ve also had a lot of request to fix many bugs and balance the LMG, so when can we expect those? :P

+ FerrariThugs on April 13th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

They’re kinda small, but still, thank you.

I always needed some to show to my friends at school.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 13th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

If you mean “small” in the image size, you can click on the large version of the link and get them in 4000-5000 pixel-wide sizes.

+ dinkin-flicka on April 13th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Thanks MAG team. These come in pretty handy — appreciate it.

+ dotCody on April 13th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Hmm, sort of like SOCOM? By the way, any news on the new SOCOM (presumably titled ‘SOCOM U.S. Navy SEALs 4′)? :D

+ angelspawn77 on April 13th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

damn, these maps are pretty impressive, not to mention huge! Definitely gonna jump back in and play a few games when I get back from class.

+ Mosh_Pit on April 13th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

This is pretty cool and useful.

+ KIT-_-KAT on April 13th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

This game disappointed me! Modes are repeatitive. New modes are needed and maps

+ tetsou9shima on April 13th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

I can’t wait for some new modes and maps….oh and some new weapons. I love your game. This is the only online shooter that I’ve become addicted to. I think it’s because of the team work factor. Great job. Keep it coming.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 13th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Thanks, will do!

+ StalkingSilence on April 13th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

I figured I’d comment on these here, since I did everywhere else. haha looking forward to more content from the Zipper team too.

+ warezIbanez on April 13th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

Thank you, Zipper! Now, can we see the accuracy on LMGs get knocked down a bit?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on April 13th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

We’re always looking at weapons and their balance. Our next patch will have some changes in it to various weapons — but more on that when we announce the patch.

+ captiwafer on April 13th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

this is ight but i don’t think its too fair since they werent out when the game came out….if u play the game enough u learn the maps easy strategy there huh

+ Blkant on April 13th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

So then when will you announce the patch? Because I’m getting awfully tired of Valors and Ravens needle accurate, infinite range, and oversized clips creating an unbalanced battle field…

+ jimmyhoffa82 on April 13th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

awesome!! this will help PRO/SVER dominate even more :)

+ jrdewolf on April 13th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

the maps are great… but what gives with the server??? I have not been able to complete a game since this past week end it is very frustrating when everything is lagging, frozen, stuck in re-spawn or just loose connection all together I have taken this matter to my isp and they have checked everything on my end saying that I have a strong connection, so how can I go about checking my connection with your network/server??? so is there a solution???

>> jrdemoss@cox.net <<

+ TakumiM07 on April 13th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Niiiiiiice.

It’s refreshing to see that the developer itself is providing images like these for the community to work with!

+ MK500 on April 13th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

Thank you!! This is GREAT for my clan. Now we can hunker down and strategize in our war room :-)

+ Frazz on April 13th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Beyond!!!! to Chris Roper

aka cheesegravy
aka DA Killa Bee (made that one up)

+ poodude on April 13th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

These will come in handy, I had my first loss as a Squad Leader the other day and I need to work on my Acquisition skills.

Any news on the freezing issues?

+ Azure-Edge on April 13th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

So when will we see some weapon balancing? I’m tired of seeing the LMG beating every weapon at every distance. It’s just an overpowered assault rifle with a big clip.

+ FocusOne on April 13th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

thanks for the game and map views.

Big question – please answer.

Will there be MORE maps and/or modes for MAG??

+ Unknown_Hero on April 13th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

I don’t recognize any of these maps.. :p

+ CapinChronic on April 13th, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

Ive said it once and ill say it again… Zipper you guys kick ass keep it up!! ^_^

+ ghamdikh1 on April 13th, 2010 at 7:08 pm said:

cool

+ NaViTo on April 13th, 2010 at 7:59 pm said:

Thanks for this maps! Your game is awesome, can’t stop playing it! Oh and waiting for new maps.

+ pgsdi on April 13th, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

Thank you Zipper for your hard work and support to make MAG excel and grow. look forward to the Free Maps!! lol

+ Accuracy158 on April 13th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

Cool… Thanks

+ MohammedMK on April 13th, 2010 at 9:01 pm said:

Sweet. Please Zipper try to give us new maps a lot of players left the game can’t you see the number of online players =(

I like this game it’s still too early for players to quit it.

+ Black_Ryuk on April 13th, 2010 at 9:29 pm said:

I was never a big shooter fan till I played MAG…now i’m addicted to it….tho lately I haven’t been able to play much….gonna have to change that soon….can’t wait for new maps and/or modes

+ CL_KANOS on April 13th, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

Great addition to a great game. Really appreciate the work being added to the game at no extra cost to my wallet..Please release new maps, weapons, and maybe a new faction even? Im very dedicated to keeping this game for a long time as long as it is supported. Im not very far into it right now but im very pleased with what ive played so far.

KEEP UP GREAT WORK ZIPPER TEAM :)

+ KaiserSosate on April 13th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

Would be interesting to have all 3 groups versus each other in an all out war.

+ BananaFish on April 14th, 2010 at 3:24 am said:

Thanks for the post game support! Not enough devs are willing to do that these days and MAG is a fun game.

+ BalramRules on April 14th, 2010 at 5:40 am said:

WICKED! XD
Thank you, Zipper Interactive, Im definitely getting this game this July! =P

+ LokeSTL on April 14th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

Awesome!! Any plans for another double XP weekend? Please do that againg soon.

+ mener on April 14th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Nice M.A.G should add there own Space on PSH and make a mini game with those maps you could save your strategies and use them on the real game that would be pretty cool

+ Skater_Ricky on April 14th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Can’t wait for new Maps, Guns, Modes, we need another Double XP Weekend again :D

And M.A.G. Needs its OWN space in PlayStation HOME like @mener Said above ^^

Should add Turret Guns by Our Bases since allot of people like to get really close to Each Others Bases.. and when your sponing and not knowing whats going on allot of people get killed in there own base. I belive theres not enough defence around each others bases.

@everyone im on S.V.E.R (Kill them while there Hot)

+ Skater_Ricky on April 14th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

►►►►► PS. M.A.G. is the Best Team Support Game EVER! ◄◄◄◄◄

+ KilledByHate on April 14th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

whats all that laging going on? either we cant reswpan or get stuck after we are killed, i was dead and runing all over the game cant kill cant die cant do anything can you please fix this?

+ SerialAssasin27 on April 14th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

First, I would like to congratulate you guys at Zipper for making this excellent game, and how everything can always be better, I came here to give my opinion to make this game be even better, well, the concept art that you guys put in the game (Extras) was brilliant, and I was very disappointed to see no gas mask in the game, and could also have more choices of clothes for the game and not only change their color, another thing that would be very welcome would be some night map , and more weapons (preferably assault rifles), finally, I’m sure you guys will continue supporting this great game MAG, and I’ll be giving my support to you guys always playing.

+ BklynJax on April 15th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Best Move To Date For MAG Players

+ PirateHarlock on April 17th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

How bout fixing the many many bugs in this game we all spent our hard earned munnay on b4 loading us up wif yet more eye candy

+ sh0ryuk3n906 on April 18th, 2010 at 12:59 am said:

Excellent… been waiting for this …

+ POACHER1979 on April 19th, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

that is cool and all but i have a complaint about the latest update you did it took away leadership of my own clan from me if you are gonna keep screwing with game like that it will be a big mistake i just want to know 2 thing how my leadership was taken away and how can you que in more than 8 people if you don’t have an answer for the second question that is what you should be getting right

+ Rockbo_3 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

Thank you for the map feature…and for the free equipment in the PStore.
MAG is a very impressive game overall. The control scheme is excellent and the gameplay is very smooth.
My favorite aspect of MAG is by far it’s emphasis on team work and taking on specific roles.
If I could improve 1 thing about MAG it would be to somehow convince more of it’s community to play it correctly.
The game booklet is lacking and alot of people still don’t know about the MAG tutorials in the Pstore.
Maybe some useful load screen info like explanations of the command menu (directional pad), etc?

Oh, 1 last thing….
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for critical remarks I made toward Zipper Interactive
back in the Socom 3 & C.A. days. I realize now that the lag and hack issues were more of a PS2 Network problem and were probably Sony’s fault. Your 4 Socom releases on the PS2 are still my 4 favorite video games of all-time.
What Slant Six (aka Slack 6 / Slant Sux) did to Socom Confrontation really opened my eyes and made me appreciate Zipper’s superiority. I hope you can forgive me? :D

+ spike8179 on May 8th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

I never knew how big these maps were man thanks!!!