PS4 - Transistor

Coming to PSN This Week: ZEN Pinball: Excalibur

Zsolt Kigyossy's Avatar + Posted by Zsolt Kigyossy on Apr 14, 2010 // Managing Director, Zen Studios

Hi all you ZEN Pinball fans!

ZEN Studios has locked down this Thursday, April 15, 2010 as the official release date for Excalibur, the latest expansion table for ZEN Pinball! Fans can pick up the awesome new table on the PlayStation Store for $2.49. Check out the exclusive sneak peek of the new Excalibur table with the trailer below!

This trailer is only a taste of what the Excalibur table will deliver. Earn your seat as a respected knight of the Round Table of Camelot as you duel the other knights in effort to retain the “King Champion” title. Hit swinging targets, utilize Merlin’s tips and suggestions to start up the Magical Multiball, and participate in jousting tournaments to earn extra points! Check out the exciting new Excalibur table tomorrow, and for more information, you can always check out previous ZEN pinball posts on this blog or visit the official ZEN Pinball website at www.zenpinball.com.

38 Comments

+ Craazy on April 14th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

When does mini golf drop? Oh and yeah I’ll be buying this for sure. All the tables so far are AWESOME!

+ reson8er on April 14th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

Cool! How bout a bundle of the last 2 (newest) tables for 3.99? :D

+ voyte4 on April 14th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

I like the game but i will wait for the bundle of all the addon table that you have released that would be nice like get all 4 tables for 5.00 sale would be nice.

+ BlueFrog007 on April 14th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Awesome! I’ve been playing a lot of the Earth Defense table since it came out, and I’ll pick this up as well. Hope to see more tables in the future.

+ calibus2000 on April 14th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

Awesome!! Will be buying this tomorrow. Keep them coming and thanks again for another table added to my collection.

+ Lord_Rinja on April 14th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

I’m glad to see that you guys continue to support this game with new content, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 being my favorite. However, can you take this to the next level by giving us ZEN Pinball themed Game Launching Machines for our Personal Spaces in PS Home as well as a Zen Pinball Public Space for tournament hosting. I would imagine an arcade or a 1950s style Pinball Wizard Malt Shop. Please take this idea into consideration and run wild with it. Thanks for the awesome game and update. ZEN is definitely one of the best PSN Games.

+ GGCAN on April 14th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

Thanks for the heads up on the DLC Zsolt.

+ Hohlraum on April 14th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

LOL AWESOME. They used the Wilhelm scream. HAHA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

+ Wraith2021 on April 14th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

can’t wait!!!

+ pgsdi on April 14th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

I support Zen Fully, An excellent Developer and deliver Quality products. Zen Pinball is one of my Favorite PSN games and this Table will be in my collection. Keep making tables and I will buy them….. KUDOS

P.S. Planet Mini Golf?? When Thanks… =)

+ plaztiksyke on April 14th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

Any improvements in audio quality over the last few tables? I expect 16-bit losslessly compressed, at least. A couple of the tables have sounded like low bitrate MP3 or something :(

Please let us know details,
Thanks!

+ Subzero316 on April 14th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

the table looks fun, cant wait to play it. i would love to see a uncharted 2 table soon.

+ WYO1016 on April 14th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

The new tables rock! How about a new tournament, though? I’ve had the game since it came out, and the only tourney has been the Tesla table.

+ vectorman88 on April 14th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

SWEET!!!!

+ acerazer1 on April 14th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

awesome, i really need to get on these new tables, but i still haven’t completed the originals, otherwise i would probably have them all

+ Wompdevil on April 14th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

Thanks for starting to give us regular DLC add on tables for Zen Pinball now!

+ nasformer on April 14th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

pinball has moved on from many years and it is very famouse

+ Xanthene on April 14th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

@11 – The digital static/compressed sound you’re referring too for the earth defense table is supposed to be there, threw me off at first too.

Zen – looking forward to this and all future releases!

+ JimInPT on April 14th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Looks good! Earth Defense was a good table as well, and THANK YOU for returning to classic generic themes. Those two licensed-theme tables were terrible. If I were 12 years old I’d probably think they were rad and kewl, but I’m not.

As an owner of real pins, I appreciate the classics. Keep it up!

+ DragonRay on April 14th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

definitely getting this – I have had the game since day 1 and still play a few times a week and every new table makes it better .
for the full game and all 8 tables it’s less than $20 – a great deal
@zen studios — how about reviving some classic 80s/90s pinball tables from the arcades ? terminator 2 ? ghostbusters ? elvira mistress of the dark ? those were some awesome table designs and deserve to be introduced to a new generation that didn’t get to play them in the glory days of the arcade

+ Xamindar on April 14th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

@Subzero316 There probably will not be an Uncharted 2 table as all Zen tables are so far just ports of the x box ones, nothing new. Would be really nice to get new tables though.

+ IcedDice777 on April 14th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

DUDES!!!!! PLEASE build and release a pinball table editor for Zen pinbal. Gladly pay for one.I would love to able to create my own pinball tables and maybe even share them or trade online. PURE WIN.

+ Squirtbot on April 14th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Your Pinball games are amazing!
And the table prices are perfect.
Keep making them, and I’ll keep buying them!

+ HerbertFortoon on April 14th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Even more DLC I would buy if Sony hadn’t blocked me for not updating. Have fun not getting any more money from me.

+ phatso64 on April 14th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

dices’ idea for an editor rocks . i too would buy that . keep ‘em coming ZEN

+ wolfzero1 on April 14th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

looks pretty cool

+ artform-fazeone on April 14th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Zen is the best-selling pinball title… THE FAZEONES LOUNGE

+ pbmc4life on April 14th, 2010 at 7:18 pm said:

A God of War table would be awesome!Anyway all the tables have been sweet!Keep ‘em coming.

+ midnightshade on April 14th, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

Thanks for releasing this.. The table looks great!! I loved the Earth Defense table and sigma 2 table. Your game is the best video pinball I have played since Alien/Devils Crush on the TG-16/PC-Engine back in the early 90′s. I am loving Zen Pinball and hope you guys continue to release tables on a semi-regular basis. The price is right too. At that price you made earth defense, I will buy everyone.

+ SHINSPIKES on April 14th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

Cmon guys, cheaper price? Bundle cheap price? Hmm hmm?

+ mixedkidbx on April 14th, 2010 at 10:32 pm said:

i’ll be buying this table like i have all the others.

If possible i would like to see more tables built around old school arcade pinball tables (sorry i cant recall all the good ones from the 80′s).

+ nerdmanwhippy on April 14th, 2010 at 10:33 pm said:

I’ve noticed the other comments have asked as well, but any heads up on when to expect the mini golf? I wish I could say I bought your pinball, but it’s not really my type of game. However it’s definitely very nice quality, and I’d buy a mini golf game from you guys on day 1.

+ badassbr on April 15th, 2010 at 2:36 am said:

I’m getting this the first thing today when arrive from work

+ DeadCell34 on April 15th, 2010 at 4:18 am said:

I’m still trying to figure out what’s so fun about this game. I tried the demo and thought it was bland and boring. I guess if I want to play pinball, I’d rather play it on a real table….. that or play that old pinball game that came stock on some PC’s a few years back (I forget the name).

I am looking forward to mini golf though :)

+ ferekreni on April 15th, 2010 at 5:52 am said:

Sweet but we want table with God of War, LBP, R&C, Killzone, Uncharted, GT ?!? ;D

+ Kamahl_rg on April 16th, 2010 at 11:40 pm said:

this looks better than the other DLC tables in my opinion, i got all of them and im getting this as well

+ CDubyahS on April 17th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

cute im picking this up

+ devilmosh on May 1st, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

Awesome! I just picked up the full version after playing the demo for a month – money well spent, and I plan to get the add-ons.

But… and for forgive if this has been brought up elsewhere, the full game is missing the “vibration” in the settings menu, like the demo had. The scroller hint (R1) mentions it but it’s just not there. Tesla vibrates on its own and the rest don’t. Tried re-installing it, didn’t work, and I can’t find a solution or news of it anywhere on the Net.

Anyone else have that trouble? It’s a great feature that I loved on the demo.