Bloodborne

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Apr 21, 2010 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

1,326 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 27

+ jimmyfoxhound on April 21st, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Oh cool, thanks for the update!

+ Majin47 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Any browser fixes for the current issue with Youttube?

+ artform-fazeone on April 21st, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Nice!!

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Sounds good, but agreed…any browser updates?

+ SpyDudeFX on April 21st, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Sounds good Eric, any chance you will enable font/icon size options? I still miss the old smaller fonts/icons, looks way better on HDTVs.

+ joejohnPSN on April 21st, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

double nice!!!

+ jashwin on April 21st, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

I still hate you guys! I downloaded the super stardust HD demo and now that game is in my trophy list with 0% trophies! Implement a method to delete games from the trphy list with 0% trophies. My whole list is a mess due to this!!

I still hate you for removing other os,people haven’t forgotten about it!

+ IceColdKilla44 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Cool. Maybe now I’ll actually be able to remember what my first trophy was.

+ GiGiOblivion on April 21st, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Can you delete games with 0% trophies?

+ poodude on April 21st, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

This was unexpected, but I like it!

+ Kchow23 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:07 pm said:

Sweet does this also include 3D Blu Ray Movies?

+ Nick_392 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

please fix the browser you can’t even use it with productivity because it’s so slow and you guys need to update flash everytime a new flash comes out.

+ theBedBurner on April 21st, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Finally an update that increases the PS3’s functionality!

+ DarkAkatosh on April 21st, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Pointless.

+ Gunwing on April 21st, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

Sweet now thats a nice update! Thanks Sony! This was needed!

+ Richard919 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

im diggin it

+ B1gg_Randall on April 21st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Nice Sony!!!!See never doubt Sony people….

+ paisleyboxers on April 21st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

I *still* have no idea what the trophies are useful for.

+ daveyman23 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Awesome, thanks Sony. But as others have said, browser update? Maybe call up firefox and see if you guys can work something out? I love browsing the web on my PS3, but everything is updating and we have to wait for when YOU are ready to update. Sort of unfair, you know?

Thanks though.

+ BlooodyCow on April 21st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

How about viewing your trophies while in a chat?
How about auto-syn trophies?

+ KazeEternal on April 21st, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

I’d like to request the following:

*Delete games with 0% trophies from my list
*An Option for turning off Trophy notifications
*An Option to hide Trophy Notifications
*Last but not least, I had this incredible idea for a feature no one has ever done before on a console. Allow us to install an Operating System like Linux on the PS3. It’s something that should have been included on release day don’t you think?

+ CoBrA2168 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Bring back OtherOS!

+ The1stMJC on April 21st, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

I guess it a cool update was hopping for news on the browser being updated since it is now worse than a cell phone browser.

But trophies are cool too I guess

+ KazeEternal on April 21st, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

PS Thank you for actually giving us features this time instead of taking them away.

+ lcmnick on April 21st, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Couldn’t you have just merged this with the other Linux “update”, and saved us the literal pain of updating twice in just over 2 weeks?

+ NewYork214 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

sounds good. but i miss the old meaty updates we use to get a lot. now its like one ever few months

+ fuzzyclutter on April 21st, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

cool beans ! still waiting on upgrade for browser though oh and @ 8 time to drop drama queen mode and grow up eh… okay ? your embarrasing yourself . and look you drooled all over your shirt .

+ Kchow23 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

I hope you guys are taking in consideration all the ideas from PS Share for future firmware updates

+ matman657 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

yea same with Jashwin i dwnld that demo and played it for about 5 mins then deleted it and then i look a bit later and see a 0% trophy list for a game i never bought we rly need to be able to delete list we dont want :(

+ stegz17 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

nice little update. This is the first fw update in awhile where i hadn’t heard anything about it prior to it and it totally surprised me. Way to keep the box closed!

+ danthe57 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

You people asking for firefox seem to forget how ram heavy it is for a browser, chances are it would hurt performance

+ Jeanse27 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

Skype please!

+ NoobHunter91 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

Pretty good I’ve waited for this to come.

+ jsnepo on April 21st, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

Let us delete games with 0% trophies from the list.

+ venomblade89 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

least they didn’t remove anything this time.

+ LILBUDDY2000 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Thx for the update. I can’t say I’ll be jumping on the 3d tv’s at $2500 a pop but it’s nice to have the option.

+ redknight4 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

I still hated the fact that the other o.s feature didn’t support the ppc editon of mac os 10 or win nt ppc edition (3.x or 4) so I’m ok with it gone also linux was very nurfed on the ps3 anyways due to not having full gpu and bd rom support

+ seamonkey420 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

i like the options for trophies.. BUT>.

CAN WE GET GROUPING FOR OUR FRIEND LISTS? or the ability to add our own names so we can tell who are real vs online psn pals are? can’t be that hard!!!

please?? pretty please???

+ Kchow23 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Why are people whining about the other os feature… like you even used it and besides it’s not their fault that people are trying to hack the PS3 blame them for causing it

+ Senjutsu_Dav on April 21st, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Nice. Still, I’m waiting for more of what we saw on Share. =D

+ GodDamnDevil on April 21st, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

So since I skipped the “OPTIONAL” update will I still have OtherOS when I install this update?

+ Kchow23 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

When will the update for Blu-Ray 3D Movies happen from what I see it only says prepping for “3D GAMING”

+ rogXue on April 21st, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

So you guys have taken this long to come out with a patch that removes an advertised feature and trophy sorting… wow.

Nice to see you guys are so focused on 3D… that way when it fails we can all say “told ya so”. How is it that Sony isn’t bankrupt yet?

+ samoon on April 21st, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

this is good, but could you atleast ALLOW FOR AUTO-SYNC, how hard could it be to add!??!

+ Kchow23 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

@42 No you won’t

+ Jim777 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

When does this go live?

+ DMPrince on April 21st, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

Cross-Game Chat.

+ jonabbey on April 21st, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

Thanks, Eric. We use our PS3 for a lot more than just game playing, and any updates to the system that improve its functionality are most welcome.

Can’t wait to see what else the firmware team has been doing in the last five months!

+ nickyd-lish on April 21st, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Would have been nice to delete trophy folders for games you hate, have no intention of earning trophies for, or rented. Never going to earn a single trophy for Pain because it sucks and you have to buy DLC. Wish I could wipe it from my trophy list. That 0% is annoying and never going to change.

+ Musoka_Eimin on April 21st, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

You had people download an update to kill otherOS when you knew this was coming out within weeks? For shame guys, you know that the more times you make people update the more chances there are for unit failure. If you think I’m letting go otherOS, I am not. I will be back here anytime its even remotely relevant. I paid for it, you took it, putting aside your fancy legal talk anyone would see what you have done as theft plain and simple. If I am just LEASING my console and you have the right to remove stuff from it then I believe you should also have the responsibility to maintain and service all of these millions of consoles don’t you? Isn’t that how leasing things works? I have a house full of Sony equipment, rest assured there are other brands that I can and will choose from for my household electronics.

PAGE 1 2 3 27