PS4-The Order

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Apr 21, 2010 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

1,326 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 27

+ Nintendo451 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Awesome. A lot of this is from the Share.Blog. They really are paying attention! Even though….what we want the MOST isn’t there.

+ singularity6 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Seems like a nice idea. Some things I’m waiting for though:

a) Bring back “Other OS”
b) Youtube is totally jacked up
c) Flash 10 support (which might fix youtube.)

+ Enforcer_X on April 21st, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Where is the auto syncing? Does the firmware team read the blog share it’s only the 3rd most voted feature request. Thanks for the update as usual though.

+ sonicboomspeed on April 21st, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Dats a sweet update…Is it possible that we can get the cross game chat added to the playstation?! just wondering…

+ T3mpr1x on April 21st, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

Good to see! I didn’t like it sorted just by last game played. Deleting games with 0 trophies would be nice, but I don’t really care either way.

+ Hunter_xx_ on April 21st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

let us delete games with 0% trophies pleaseeee

+ REDBLACKWHITE5 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

yea dont think this makes up for removing the other os feature maybe a lil more sucking up will do

+ Tr3p1dat10n on April 21st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

THIS BRICKED MY SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope there’s some hidden stuff too!

+ DJskittlz on April 21st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

I was hoping that the would release a trophy patch that would add trophies to all the older PS3 games like Oblivion & Metal Gear Solid 4

+ Aggie_CEO on April 21st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

This is nice and all, but what about Auto-syncing said trophies?

+ MiguelAMX on April 21st, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Sounds superb guys keep up the good work :)

+ guy209 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

I want to be able to delete trophies off of my trophy list with 0 percent. Anyways, this is a great update I like a little bit of extra constumization. This update makes me excited that we may be getting more frequent updates

+ katsuo7171 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

[thinks to self]-E3, please huge update at E3. Just wait till then, it might happen–it will happen.[/thought to self]

Also welcome back from your hiding lempel. I noticed you weren’t here for the last post that removed other OS. If you have the guts to make a crappy update please at least have the guts to post it too. OK? :)

Yay decent update! 0% trophies are deletable now? Or does it just sort trophies only? Won’t be getting a 3d Tv anytime soon so don’t care about that atm.

+ mywhitenoise on April 21st, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

The XMB is getting pretty damn good, but I would suggest more sorting options in general. For music, it would be cool to set by Artist, and then separate folders for Albums.
And then the ability to sort downloaded games however you want. For instance, I would like to have a certain game near the top, instead of the middle.

Another cool feature would be more customization, like FREE avatars, and more colors for the silk and background. I would LOVE red silk with a black background.

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

Youtube does work. Just use the tv version. ;)

+ Mooshywooshy on April 21st, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

I’m confused why we were asked our opinions on what we want to see in future updates if they’re not going to be used.

I’d rather be spoonfed garbage blindfolded than given false hopes of getting a steak dinner.

+ xeno3d on April 21st, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

Please add more sorting options for games

+ Trixzter7 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

I don’t really like to complain or anything but can there please be a way to get rid of a game that you 0% trophies in? That Street Fighter IV was really to hard for me ^_^

+ Brapp347 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

We need to be able to delete trophies. Especially when i occasionally rent games…

+ ADR143 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

decent update but can u guys update flash on youtube?

+ AngleofDeath696 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

Still waiting for MKV support.

+ CeroDouble on April 21st, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

This update is kind of pointless, but I guess is alright if it gets my ps3 ready for 3d, My only guess in why this update bring so little is because they are holding the updates that we really want for e3.

+ Jocis on April 21st, 2010 at 6:28 pm said:

@ everyone that is arguing about you tube. you tube are having some changes, even in my computer it doesn’t work most of the times. You don’t know maybe the PS3 browser will come equipped with HTML5 that could work better than flash

+ VixDiesel on April 21st, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

So this prep for new features better be fore cross game chat.

+ drdre74 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

Another waste of a update besides the 3D but how many normal people are going to be buying 3Ds anytime soon? What was the purpose of the blog share site if you’re not going to use it? I mean trophy enhancements? What the hell? Thats a update thats so far down the radar its worthless. Just come out and say there will be no cross voice chat, no browser updates… the major stuff that people want.

+ Destiny89 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

I wouldn’t mind seeing that the ability to delete trophies with 0%.. anwyays awesome work guys

+ BiezulbubBill69 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

still no cross game voice chat??? wtf??

+ Sponge-worthy on April 21st, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

So, which feature(s) is/are being neutered with this one?

Seriously, a competent browser is long past due.

+ SHINSPIKES on April 21st, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

Theres so many people here that are praising this update. I don’t think they realize they have to go buy a brand new tv to use this update. The trophy thing is cooh but not needed. Seems like the blog share is pointless. I don’t think sony even reads it, more like a way to keep us preoccupied. Again, its a good update, but I’m pretty sure that the millions of ps3 owners could have waited 5 years or more for this. Majority of these owners still don’t have a hd tv or high speed internet. Therefore, we could have gotten something else that was more useful in this update, like stuff we want. Whos the genius that suggested categories for trophies?

+ Link01 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

I like this, hoping for the rest of the update at E3 though ;)

+ wolf6950 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

Yes, can we please get a browser update? flash and everything on it is too outdated.

+ sam_i_jam on April 21st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

Awesome. I was just thinking about the need for this type of feature. Looking forward to checking it out.

+ zombie_56 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

cool

+ LordCrosis on April 21st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

MKV support? Please?

+ SHINSPIKES on April 21st, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

I’m starting to think that the Cell processor isn’t much of a processor. It probably can’t do cross game chat. Oh well, time to go play on my Intel Quad core.

+ Sindred on April 21st, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Just bought a 3D TV so I’m stoked about this. This isn’t the actual 3D update right? Will my 3D Blurays work on the PS3 now?

+ adolson on April 21st, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

YouTube and Facebook and Twitter are the main sites I use on the PS3 browser. Two outta three are pretty broken right now, and Twitter has major issues when trying to search or view replies.

You took away the only other way to browse the web on the PS3 in the last update. PLEASE fix the browser problems in the next update.

+ ynp7 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

So what’s the over/under on party chat this year?

+ jkry_2_1_ on April 21st, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

nice but it seems every update takes away one feature and thats it or it adds a feature and thats it.

+ Hambone721 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

Worthless trophy enhancements? Really Sony? Christ almighty. Still waiting on some REAL firmware updates. Like, gee, I don’t know, CROSS GAME CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Kaienta on April 21st, 2010 at 6:40 pm said:

Thanks for the update Sony, I love how the PSN is getting better as we go. I would like to touch base about a possible ‘Internet Browser’ update in the future. I had my PSP for a long time and I see that the PS3 uses a similar browser with not to many functions or website accessibility. I would like to see a new browser that is easier to use that also takes full advantage to current Flash feature available in the Adobe Flash Player 10 provide for website functionality.

Also the launch of the PSN Video section for Canadian user is long over due, we deserve some love for video content which you offer to US clients. I know its coming but can we get an update please.

Also the functionality for the PS3 Headset via USB or Bluetooth is not too clear and the feedback distortion from other players makes using the voice chat feature less attractive. Can the clarity and functions of this feature get improved please.

+ GuttermouthSIN on April 21st, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Any chance you could let Raptr track our games and Trophies anytime soon?

+ robertmc8 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

How about Group game content for Priority you play the most games? We need that updated? It be nice Like Super Star Dust HD instead of that be bottom of the list should be near the top. I want option most games play be on top instead of scrolling down to last game of the list.

+ CSZ02 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

“I still hate you guys! I downloaded the super stardust HD demo and now that game is in my trophy list with 0% trophies! Implement a method to delete games from the trphy list with 0% trophies. My whole list is a mess due to this!!”

This. I want that stardust trophy list out of my trophy library, it’s really annoying since I havn’t purchased the game, only played the demo. It’s annoying seeing it always @ 0%, please do something about it, I’m sure it’s not hard to fix.

+ johnson7813 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

i’m glad they finally added the support to sort the trophies by date. all we need now is the ability to view friends’ trophy information without having to go to their profile, and cross game chat. they should focus more on adding cool and useful new features instead of focusing on HOME, because honestly HOME kinda sucks.

+ gekko1986 on April 21st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

Please add the ability to disable trophy notifications. They are very annoying when playing and having an on/off option would be great. Also being able to delete trophy data with 0% would be nice. I have WipeoutHD trophy data just from playing the demo.

+ S-E-G on April 21st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

‘Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.’ lol ok right!!!

now i’m getting the 10 year life cycle bit
it’s gonna take them that long to give us what we’ve been asking for way to long now, please give some fresh minds a crack at the firmware updates, it’s really going nowhere.

+ BlingOnMyWrist on April 21st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

It needs ‘prepping’ for another update? Why not just add the ‘prep’ in the update that brings 3D?

I’m really just pissed that I have 10GB of space that I can’t use. And I can’t just format because I’ll lose my Killzone 2 campaign data. I don’t know who makes the decisions with everything, but it seems to me like its all different people who don’t communicate with each other. And especially not with the consumer. Everything is just about f***ing money now. Just gimmicks for a quick buck. I mean, I don’t mind if a company makes trillions of dollars. I just wish they’d make their money from giving consumers what they really want.

+ BlindMango on April 21st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

nice, but I really hope to see auto-syncing soon too.

+ jimfear on April 21st, 2010 at 6:43 pm said: