LittleBigPlanet 3

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Apr 21, 2010 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

1,326 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 27

+ Lord_Rubeng on April 21st, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

Hi and Good Day SONY, AND WHAT ABOUT OTHER OS , YOUR BACK THIS FEATURES OR…., I APRECIATED SO MUCH AND PLEASE FIX THE BROWSER TOO. THANKS
Please bring back Other OS AND FIX the browser of the Internet very thanks, we are will be very Happy thanks, we are still waiting your anwers Thanks SONY.

+ Cricen on April 21st, 2010 at 7:54 pm said:

this update was pointless… there was nothing wrong with trophies. I have not updated, nor will update and lose my Linux OS. Thanks Sony for forcing me off Playstation Network.

+ Mr_Ditters on April 21st, 2010 at 7:54 pm said:

Sony doesn’t know what the heck they are doing. Its time to abandon ship. Sell, sell, sell.

+ Shinto_Tama on April 21st, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

Yet another pointless update.
One would think that by now the PS3 would be further…

+ atreyu_- on April 21st, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,X-GAME INVITES , X-GAME CHATE , CUSTUME MUSIC ,

+ CDubyahS on April 21st, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

i wondered why my sonic sega genesis trophies have disappeared from playstation.com website.

+ Buzzy42 on April 21st, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

Wow, GREAT update guys. I’ve been DYING for the ability to sort trophies and it’s fantastic that you finally provided that. What’s 3.40 going to bring? Double sparkles on the XMB?

WHY is this a “required” update? Something you’re not telling us, perhaps? There is NO REASON to run the risk of bricking your PS3 to do this update. (well, except Sony forces it on you; of course those of us staying on 3.15 don’t have to worry about that either!) It’s bad enough when you send out firmware that exists solely to strip out features, but when it adds features that are of VERY questionable value to most people you’re just asking for problems with people’s systems.

And the “prepares your PS3″ stuff makes no sense, either– each firmware update is cumulative. If my PS3 is at 1.0 and I turn it on in 3 months and the 3d stuff is out, it would patch straight to 3.5. There’s no “preparation” going on.

Really, please, PLEASE, stop treating your customers like total idiots. It’d be a nice change. Although the “we look forward to your feedback” line probably should’ve said “We look forward to ignoring your feedback”.

+ j_mauer on April 21st, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

update the flash player

+ oldsleep on April 21st, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

wonderful.
Btw, please sony, a way to delete trophies for the next update.
OK?

+ Odoyle-rulez on April 21st, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

o wow this was totally worth you clowns taking away other features from us. i mean wow i am excited for this…

what are you guys at sony asleep at the keyboard? use your heads for once. thanks for nothing again.

+ CDubyahS on April 21st, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

would be cool if i could delete prototype from my trophy list. that game was stoopid and i sold it back. how do i remove that stain from my list?????

+ Kaienta on April 21st, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

Just to add one final thought. MKV is the new best format in video type. How about MKV support for the media server and disc support.

+ zerosnake99 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

Make trophy sync faster. None of this is any useful if it literally takes 5-10 mins to sync the damn trophies.

Also, make sure kids like GeoHot can’t crack the system… So far you guys are doing good. Keep it up.

+ blindrocket on April 21st, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

I’m glad to get the taste of the last FW update out of my mouth. New features are always welcome. :)

+ Darklurkr23 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

2 days ago I was trying to play Brutal Legend multiplayer but it said error connecting with psn. Maybe this’ll fix it :D

+ MrBeatdown on April 21st, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

Not bad. I’m playing with the new comparison options at the moment. I like how when you sort by “Update date” it bases it on your friend’s order, but could you also re-add the old option of comparing it based on the order I’ve played my games?

Also, if possible, could we get the ability to create a custom, numbered order? Say I have five games. Could you give us the option to assign a number (in this case 1-5) to each game so that we could have our list sorted locally the way we want? IGN’s collection tracking system has the feature. It would be kind of cool to have that ability for our trophy list.

+ LegendaryPhoenix on April 21st, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

More like great post Buzzy42, haven’t had enough fear mongering on the forums so you come here to spread your lies.

+ Detsuki-G on April 21st, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

Wish we could delete games with 0%… This is nice, though.

+ Immortal_Inu on April 21st, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

“In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.” So PS3 is going to support 3D? Could this mean we may see games in 3D?

+ MauriceFdo on April 21st, 2010 at 8:06 pm said:

Wow, por fin 3D Gaming, solo me falta un HDTV 3D ready y los lentes. Es como el Nvidia 3D Vision para PC. Thanks Sony ;)

+ Livebetes on April 21st, 2010 at 8:06 pm said:

Again, Atreyu, custom music is on the system. Look it up.

+ LegendaryPhoenix on April 21st, 2010 at 8:06 pm said:

Oh yeah left out the /SARCASM tag.

+ Detsuki-G on April 21st, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

@216

That’s already been confirmed…

+ HerbertFortoon on April 21st, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

I could give two $h1t$ about this update. I will be sticking with 3.15 until my linux is reinstated. Everybody who is to stupid to see it’s benefits isn’t worth the spit that flies from their mouths when they speak.

;-p

+ Shigutso-BR on April 21st, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

This update is useless and should NOT be mandatory.
What now? Afraid of a 3.21 CFW?!

Sony, Sony… how weak you are, huh.

I’m not buying stuff from you anymore.

Goodbye.

+ DaBats on April 21st, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

useless. come on give me something i can use. Give me more video codecs, a better browser (one that allows add ons) just bite the bullet and let us download our on browser since you took away the other OS, give me the ability to stream content off my direct tv box that is networked, cross game voice chatting,where is the tv adapter at for the states, internet radio like the psp has would be nice. Come on Sony use your imagination show me that the ps3 can do everything

+ shadysaiyanz on April 21st, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

Seemed out of the blue, but thanks :D

+ itsN8 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:09 pm said:

Heres hoping it fixes YOUTUBE WHICH IS NOW BROKEN DUE TO FLASH BEING OUTDATED ON PS3. Also would be nice if the browser didnt freeze nearly every day. Honestly I dont care what else is included, just fix Youtube please.

+ MrBeatdown on April 21st, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

@zerosnake (210)

If it takes you 5-10 minutes to sync trophies there is definitely some wrong with your connection. It takes 1-3 seconds for me on a 3mb connection.

+ j_mauer on April 21st, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

update adobe flash player

+ vitorshigutso on April 21st, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

This update is useless and should NOT be mandatory.
What now? Afraid of a 3.21 C_F_W?!

How weak you are, eh Sony.

I’m not buying stuff from you anymore.

+ retro25 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Will you PS guys update the Internet Browser to make it easer to browse including watching Youtube videos thanx.

+ BPatches701 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Seriously!? You didn’t mention that there was browser improvements!? There obviously was because YouTube works again. God get with the program and fix your PR Sony. I think I’m not the only one that thinks browser improvements were a 1000Xs more important than having trophies at all.

+ nemo_dude on April 21st, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

OMG please the next update you guys make better be the capability of listening to music in game and private party VOICE CHAT i am sick of hearing little kids complain because there care package got stolen if it doesnt happen i am going to bring a knife (lol i wont actaully bring one i will just be really peod

+ MadRaldek on April 21st, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Ok, I agree you SONY must upgrade the f firmware everytime you found a letal mistake… but why dont you UPDATE the Official Web to DOWNLOAD the hellish UPGRADE!!!… I cannot find it anywhere!!!… or at least make your servers work FASTER!!…
If you follow the same ways as MicroZOft, you will be ended..!!!
I thought Windowz was only on PC, but now i realised it is also on the PS3!!!… I cannot be possible!!!

+ WhatRiver on April 21st, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Pointless update, why not fix flash? Fix the youtube issues? Make the browser work ?

+ zippobone on April 21st, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Iam not trying to sound like a jack a but i wish ps3 would quiet wasting my time with crap i dont want what i want is cross chat iwant to be able to delete trophies i dont want i want a browser that i can watch hulu or get on facebook without any problems

+ ima_hustla_19 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:12 pm said:

Cool update I’m liking it.n everyone hating on the lose of other os, stop bi+(hing it ain’t comin back n u only care becuse it’s somethin that was takin from u even though u never use it

+ Adrian187 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

Very helpful update.THANX

+ TakiFuGu on April 21st, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

I’ll buy a new Sony 3D Bravia if you guys take back my current Sony Bravia TV.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 21st, 2010 at 8:15 pm said:

That’s cool and all but where is Cross Game Voice Chat? You know the number 1 most wanted thing on the playstation blog share?

+ Skiniusmaximus on April 21st, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

Bring Back OtherOS Support!! I have not upgraded yet and am still running 3.15 because i do not want to loose my Linux partition.

+ duchebagel on April 21st, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

i just want to comment on everyone complaining about the loss of alternate os ability. its a cool idea but the ps3 cant push other os properly and trying can even render your ps3 useless. they removed it so that people cant install an os, ruin their ps3 and then try to find a way of blaming sony. and also, if you want to run apps and such like a computer, just get a computer.

+ JJNDiamond on April 21st, 2010 at 8:17 pm said:

Nice! But i agree with some guys here, browser update? That would be great!!

+ SyntheticDetox on April 21st, 2010 at 8:18 pm said:

I used to use my PS3’s Other Os Feature. Sony PS3, The only system to take away features over time instead of adding them. Then they add stupid updates. Grats you made folders for trophies!! I bet you all feel SMART don’t you. Useless system “update”. Why not add some voice chat, system music, instantly update trophies without the user having to manually sync. How about being able to look at pictures while I’m in game? Yeah that would be AWESOME. I could upload a picture walkthrough, or a video walk-through for that mater and play it while I play my game. OR how about just doing something useful for once? If I have to pay for my service to actually make you worthless people do something useful I will.

+ EVILPACKERSFAN on April 21st, 2010 at 8:23 pm said:

cool guys, how about adding the total # of trophies unlocked by everyone!!! it could go at the bottom right of each trophy regardless if its unlocked. that would be an awesome addition!!!!!!!!

+ ProjectInfiniti on April 21st, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

Approve my comment #196 Sony….. or are all of you there too chickencrap for others to know the truth behind these two recent update?

+ Feiwaltan on April 21st, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

Why is the auto-sync option still missing?
sorting is awesome, but auto-syncing is even better, please get that in there.

+ paperboy999 on April 21st, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

I think that this new update is full of Eric and i’m about ready to trade in my ps3 for an xbox i heard they know how to treat there consumers so get with the the program sony and give us what we want seening how we the consumers are keeping you employed so which make us your BOSS!!!!!

+ dallow on April 21st, 2010 at 8:27 pm said:

Cross game chat.
I know it’s working, I’ve seen and used it behind the scenes MONTHS ago on a devstation.

Why did it get delayed, for this long?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 27