PS4-The Order

UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack Coming This Thursday, Double Cash Weekend Returns!

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Apr 21, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

The day is nearly here for our UNCHARTED fans and the multitudes who have been awaiting a new co-op game type — The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Siege Expansion Pack will be on sale when the PlayStation Network Store updates on Thursday, April 22nd, and will set you back only $5.99.

Look for the PlayStation Store Update blog post on Thursday to know when The Siege Expansion Pack is available for purchase.

As we announced just two weeks ago, the Siege Expansion Pack is our biggest DLC release to date: two new maps, six new multiplayer skins, one new co-op game type and 11 new online-only Trophies.

Do yourself a favor and read the full rundown of what’s included in the pack, check out the screenshots, and watch the gameplay and map fly-through videos. You won’t be disappointed.

Uncharted 2: The Siege (The Plaza)

The most significant portion to the Siege Expansion Pack is the new Siege co-op game type. You can read impressions of Siege from these IGN and GameSpot reviews of the Siege Expansion Pack. Since we started testing Siege internally, up through last week’s sessions with reviewers, I’ve really enjoyed the complexities of Siege. It’s not as simple as defending pre-defined locations against waves of NPCs: Between the different vulnerabilities of each new location and the lack (or abundance) of weapon pickups, you’ll find yourself testing out interesting new strategies to maximize your points and cash.

Uncharted 2: The Siege (The Highrise)

Apart from the Siege co-op game type, I’m really excited for the two new maps. We’ve spent our time post-release wisely and learned a lot about how to build multiplayer maps that not only offer more verticality, but make it an essential part of the navigation and domination of a particular map. I love both maps, but it is the massive verticality and need to use your traversal skills that make The Highrise one of my favorite maps. Ever. Of course, the potentially lethal helicopter assault and very real danger of jumping off the buildings to your doom takes the awesome to new heights. See what I did there?

Uncharted 2: The Siege (The Sanctuary)

We also revealed the contents of Title Update 1.07 this morning, prior to the release of the update worldwide. Title Update 1.07 includes the following:

• Players can now choose between Hero skins for Co-op Arena matches only
  • Additional spawn system changes to enhance spawn point update effectiveness
  • Gameplay changes to prevent “airwalk” exploit
  • Updates to map geometry collision detection to improve prevention of players attempting to leave normal multiplayer map boundaries

And now, I’ll leave you with this announcement:

To celebrate the release of the Siege Expansion Pack, this weekend marks the return of Double Cash Weekend!

Starts: Friday, April 23, 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?)
Ends: Monday, April 26, 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?)

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Zookey on April 21st, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

I downloaded 1.07 already–and it says in my info now I already have the 2 new maps–what’s up with that? Plus, when I sign in now, it says I don’t have a map pack currently available on the PS Store–but when I got to the PS Store they all have the little red shopping bag to show I purchased them…

+ Chase167 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

yeah about time (lol)

+ StephieRawks on April 21st, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Looks awesome!

…but…when are we getting a FEMALE villain skin?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on April 21st, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

We’ve heard that feedback quite a bit. Currently we don’t have any plans to add a female villain skin, although we have discussed it.

+ RLx3 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

Awesome, I’m getting this.

+ Link01 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

I can’t wait for this :). Now hopefully those out of world glitches will be hammered out!

+ KUMAR_ROHIT on April 21st, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Kool. I love uncharted but recently i haven’t been able to get the time to play videogames….

+ DZORMAGEN on April 21st, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

This is great news! I will buy, but I have a question…..

Do you think we will see antoher Heros pack anytime soon, this time with likes of Kratos, Zues, Snake and whoever else? That would be really awesome if we can see them on Uncharted 2 MP!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on April 21st, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

No plans right now – but you never know!

+ CRAIG19C on April 21st, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Sweet! :D

+ adud3007 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

:P

+ proskatercam on April 21st, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

Yay for double XP!! Will this be a double XP where the cap is raised to 100k? I sure hope so, considering how easy it is to get 50k when your past 50!

+ poweredbyzen on April 21st, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

nate is hot! :D

+ dkastro89 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Hey arne. Just wanna say thanks for the stuff you and do, also thanks to the people at naughty dog.

Once i heard there was gonna be New dlc i put funds in my psn account right away.

Im just writing because i wanted to know if this New patch will help stop people from glitching. The other day i was playing in the lost city and had 2 people glitch into the walls. Also, is there Anyway to report them? I have the video saved on my account.

Thank so much.
-Diego

+ Xeno378 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Awesome! I’ll be picking this up tomorrow. Thanks to everyone at Naughty Dog for such a great game AND for knowing how to approach DLC. :)

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

NICE!

+ Rene_Led on April 21st, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

I would like to see another kind of popular character map like having Metal Gear Solid,Dead Space, Prince of Persia you know, someting like that
-Finally a good addon to buy this weekend!

+ Rene_Led on April 21st, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Edit^ I ment character skins*

+ VincentVendetta on April 21st, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

I like what I see about the maps and I appreciate the new mode but… the skins, it really looks like we’re running out of ideas. I mean… Wetsuit Drake, really? And two skeletor skins?

I will destroy you He-Man! Gna ha ha!

+ Ashend on April 21st, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

I just want to know if I can invite friends to one of these co-op siege modes or even the maps if they don’t have them? It’s been bugging me alot.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on April 21st, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Everyone will need the DLC installed to play the new co-op mode or the new maps.

+ IGLOO05 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Double Cash Weekend?! Yes thats all I wanted to hear!

+ Impairing on April 21st, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

I’m glad to hear about the skin option on co-op arena. You know, minus the part where I can’t play as my favorite character. (Can’t blame a girl for lovin’ Flynn.)

Better to have something than nothing at all and I’ll definitely take this. Thanks. :D

+ SilverBlade51 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

This is awesome. I do need the double cash. The only downside to the double cash weekend is to those that already reached level 60 (X). Hey Arne are you guys going to let players “prestige” like in Modern Warfare 2? I mean when I reach level 60 I would like to keep leveling up. It’s like “Congratulations you reached the highest level in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer” Or at least add more levels maybe up to 100.

+ Blkant on April 21st, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

I really loved the game, but the MP is just to much bullet spongy…

Also, there really is just not enough co-op, if I know this has another co-op mode with it, but that is still such slim pickings over all for co-op :/

+ Onslaught500 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Thanks naughty dog. these updates are great. any more dlc plans? at all? or is this the last thing we should expect?

+ Pesico on April 21st, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

Thanks a lot for bringing back double cash weekend. Is the cap also raised to 100K during the weekend? If not, the double cash weekend really only plays benefit to those lower than level 51. Anyway, tanks for TU 1.07 (fixing the spawns) and for releasing what seems to be two awesome maps and a new game mode.

+ Kchow23 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

I now know where my $20 PSN Card is going to be spent on

+ Hyperfludd on April 21st, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

Needs more skins for Sully! D:

+ scorpio182 on April 21st, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

AWESOME!!!!!

Was hoping for a double cash weekend soon!!!

Love this game, BEST EVER!!!

+ NeoRaidenX on April 21st, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

@1
Shhhh! Don’t complain.

+ jwood87 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

This is fantastic, definitely going to pick it up ASAP… My only question is can you guys try to keep a closer eye out for people who are finding these glitches because when they do the games become no fun, and then we can even get charged for leaving them?

+ curtainman1 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Yay I’ve been waiting quite a long time to play Baseball Drake! :D

+ DA_SHREDDER on April 21st, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

I wish you guys informed us of the DLC sooner, I just spent like 50 bucks on Home things and movie rentals.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on April 21st, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

We announced this upcoming DLC back on April 9 — about 2 weeks ago.

+ BeKuki on April 21st, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

we definetly need chloe in heist skin apparently since both harry n drake have that skin…n she had heist attire in the single player mode so why not for multiplayer, im just suggesting this

+ PantherX on April 21st, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

My only complaint is u cant use the hero skin pack for co op because the co op truly shines on this game. other then that im def buying it.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on April 21st, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Title Update 1.07 (which is detailed in the PS.blog post above) added the ability for you to select your Hero skin in co-op modes (except for Co-op Objective mode)

+ emiru69 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

ok, 6 bucks for all this it’s good price, I will buy this

+ w00ki3_85 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

hey Arne,
self-interested question. Can you extend Double Cash Weekend? I’m busy all week with prior obligations, pretty please?? :)

+ w00ki3_85 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

oh, and thanks for TU 1.07, i have yet been victimized by an enemy’s opportunistic spawn.

+ I_am_rushin on April 21st, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

I have a question. Some of our stats weren’t tracked before the trophies were added last time. So for example I had to earn 100 melee kills from scratch despite playing UC2 for months and already having over 100 kills. These trophies that are being added, are they retroactive or do we have to earn them all over?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on April 21st, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

The Trophies can’t be retroactive — so any progress towards new Trophies can only start the moment you’ve unlocked that set of new Trophies. That’s just the way the system has to be.

+ TwinDad on April 21st, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

Do you have plans for adding on to the single player experience in UC2???

+ curtainman1 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

Are you going to be adding another skeleton as a Heroes skin? Villains has like 4 skeletons now and Heroes only has one,just wondering.

+ Trey630 on April 21st, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Awesome as always ND :)

One question tho about the double cash weekend, are we able to get a maximum of 100,000 points in one game? Because I’m sure everyone wants to get above 50,000 points.

+ d_drumz on April 21st, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

Hey I got the update and after I installed it, it started to load but it never got to the main menu and I restarted it and it didn’t work, it still doesn’t work now, all it shows is the little spinning purbha dagger in the corner.

+ scodicam on April 21st, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

ARNE I BEG OF YOU put doughnut lazarvic however you spell it in this dlc PLEASE

he was a very fun character to play as in the thanksgiving event

+ shadysaiyanz on April 21st, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Awesome! Double Cash Weekend too!? Yes!!!

-Too bad i gotta work then XD

+ StargamerX on April 21st, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Hey Arne, with the double cash weekend, does that raise the earnings cap from $50,000 to $100,000? I forgot since the last Double cash weekend.

+ poodude on April 21st, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Naughty Dog, one reason you’re me favourite developer of all time is because y’know how to price your DLC reasonably (also Crash Bandicoot is a childhood favourtie). Too bad the double cash weekend is the week I decide to send my PS3 in!

+ poodude on April 21st, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Also, is there any chance of you guys/girls adding in any more PS3 character themed skins? I’d really love to play as Ethan Mars or Kratos.

+ MrBeatdown on April 21st, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

Any plans for a bundle with all three DLC packs?

+ MarinoBrea on April 21st, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

You guys seem so invested in Uncharted 2 (and we LOVE it), that if I didn’t know better I’d think you’re NOT working on Uncharted 3 already. So, how’s that game coming along huh? I expect a very nice trailer at E3 this June!

+ NoobHunter91 on April 21st, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

Thats so awesome i never saw such support by the developers for a game after like8 months. Excluding biggest hits of course

PAGE 1 2 3