PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Watch Major League Baseball on PS3! MLB.TV App Live Today

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 22, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – I’m excited to show everyone the new MLB.TV application for the PS3 that will be available from PlayStation Network, in both U.S. and Canada, later today. This app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.

Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:

• MLB Scoreboard – See a schedule of today’s games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)
  • Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed
  • HD quality video and DVR functionality – watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)
  • Season Archive – Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you’ve missed from earlier in the season.
  • Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
  • Favorite Teams/Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or designate your favorite team(s) to see the schedule for that team.

You can now download the app from the “Media” category on PlayStation Store, and launch it from the Video section of the XMB.

You must be an MLB.TV subscriber to fully utilize this app (some features, such as the calendar schedule, are available to everyone for free). There are two annual packages: MLB.TV is $99.95 and MLB.TV Premium is $119.95. If you aren’t already a MLB.TV subscriber, you can go to ps3.com/mlbtv to sign up. Once you’ve subscribed, link your MLB.TV subscription to a PS3 (via the app), and enjoy the season!

This is truly the ultimate baseball viewing experience from MLB.TV and PlayStation Network. Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ krae_man on April 22nd, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

I hope you guys have express written consent. Implied oral consent just wont cut it :p

+ I_am_rushin on April 22nd, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

That’s cool. I would love to see other apps for the PS3 in the future.

+ BadFlounder on April 22nd, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

Well done Sony. This is a great feature for hardcore baseball fans like myself!

+ lordErk on April 22nd, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

NBA next please!

+ prince_j3 on April 22nd, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

Been wanting this to happen so bad since I subscribed to MLB.tv this year. I’ve been drooling for a Boxee box, but this works for me even better.

+ VenomXv on April 22nd, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

Grace Chen,

Any chance we’ll see VidZone or VidZone TV on PSN in the U.S. and Canada this year?

+ SPARDA on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

I wish there was something like this on the PS3 for the upcoming 2010 FIFA World Cup.

But this is great for you hardcore MLB fans

+ Kchow23 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

US only?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on April 22nd, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

U.S. and Canada

+ ProjectInfiniti on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter apps please since some people can’t seem to get a functional browser included with these updates…..!

+ TheZed88 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

If I were a baseball fan this would be increadibly awesome. Well done Sony & MLB!

+ BadFlounder on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

@SPARDA

Agreed. A World Cup app would be fantastic as well!

+ Kchow23 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

NBA next please! they already have NBA league pass just that if you watch it via browser its not very good but I bet it would be better with an app for it

+ jimmyfoxhound on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

Ohhhhh neat! That is really cool!!

+ Spunta on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:02 am said:

ALL MY DREAMS.

+ Lukather77 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

US Only as usual right? European are 3rd category customers

+ bigdaddykraven on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I was on the fence for MLB.tv all along but this would have sealed the deal for me…WOULD HAVE.

I live in Charlotte, NC and am a huge Reds fan. The sad news is, I am considered in the Reds market, even though they only show 40 games (if I’m lucky) a year on local tv here. Only about 10 of those, if that, are HD.

If Sony were able to work a way with MLB.tv around blackout restrictions someone would have my money really quick!

+ ATOMS11 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

$119.95 Thats a tad to expensive for me. A great feature for the PS3 though. Keep up the excellent work!

+ ProjectInfiniti on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

WTH are you guys complaining about? Europe has VidZone and we don’t.

+ Kchow23 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

@15 lol wth are you talking about Canadians don’t get anything

+ MainEv3nt_69 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

WHAT?!?!? Canada actually gets a feature same time as the U.S

+ Enforcer_X on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

This is a strong start and I like this kind of interactive live media.
Hopefully this app can evolve to also include TV shows movies etc.

+ ATOMS11 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

I’m sorry, Did you say app?

+ Gorvi on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

I’m not a baseball fan, but that’s awesome. I’d absolutely love to see an NFL version of this.

+ BadFlounder on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

When is the app going up? The article says you can now download it but when I look on the PlayStation Store there is “no content found” when selecting the MLB.TV icon.

+ adolson on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Please tell me you can hook something similar up for hockey some day!

+ jakeneff on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

I’m beyond excited about this. I’ve been trying to watch games via PlayOn, but it’s terribly buggy, featureless, and the video isn’t very good.

+ imajinetion on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

I want to see the FIFA World Cup this way.

+ ILOVEPLASTATION3 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

NICE…but im not a subscriber….

+ DukeWayne4 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

Cant wait for this, sounds great.

+ toology01 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

Great job. Not a baseball fan myself but it looks fantastic. I hope this means that other apps are in the works. Providing us with an app store and lots of simple apps that access the internet in some way while providing a simple UI that we can manage with our ps3 remotes or bluray remote seems like a no brainer. Cmon sony, be the first console to really bring this functionality to us properly.

There is no reason why i need to buy another set top box like boxee to do this for us. Open it up and let all the other developers do the work for you. Eventually every set top box and TV in the world will have this kind of functionality. Other apps id like to see…youtube, ebay, ny times, pandora, skype, hulu/abcplayer, craigslist, weather to name a few. Still though ill be checking the baseball app soon. Great start

+ cell989 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

I wish there was something of that nature, for the upcoming FIFA world cup 2010. It would be AWESOME!!!! to watch all the games in such ways.

+ braysoj1 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

i hope this come to the uk

+ JaY_Ci_415 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

Oh wow that sounds awesome but subscribing to that is kinda pricey. Glad that the PS3 is evolving into such a huge entertainment system.

+ AndyMP on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

I subscribe to MLB.TV and I live in the UK, why can’t I access this app ? The UK PS3 store is a joke…

+ dragonmagician on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Never understood why I would want to pay for something like this when I can’t even watch my local team on it.

+ UnholierThanThou on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

People outside of Japan still watch baseball? Huh. I guess there’s a market for everything.

+ mixedkidbx on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

nice to see the PS3 evolving even more. I would love to see an NFL one, as long as its not priced that high and have “blackouts”.

i really hope this is just the start of the new apps that the ps3 will be having. i look forward to what else you guys are doing this year.

I have a feeling E3 will be a big thing this year for what else the ps3 can and will do.

+ NewYork214 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

This is awesome. I know a lot of people who will be using this. I get the YES channel so im set but a lot of people outside of NY hardly get any games and cant get teh YES channel so this will help for Yankee games

+ kernalpanic on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Great job Sony!! This is fantastic, can’t wait to get home and watch me some RedSox baseball on my big screen, instead of this small ass iPad!

+ GAME-HERO on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Marry me Grace!

oh and can’t wait to try MBL!

+ kernalpanic on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

@NewYorker214- The program will probably have blackout restrictions- so any NY resident if they can’t or don’t subscribe to YES your screwed!

+ agm2502 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Will this work in the UK. I’m a subscriber to mlb.tv and would love this app but don’t see much chance of it coming to the UK store.

+ prince_j3 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

The application is just another way to access your MLB.tv account, so yes all normal blackout restrictions will apply to live games.

+ remanutd5 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

very nice app , i personally dont watch beisball unless the yankees get to the world series lol , i hope you add a UEFA champions league, English Premier league or Fifa World cup ?

+ TheTwelve on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

I can’t believe how timely this is…I just signed up for MLB.TV this past month. Lovely.

+ joseph2411 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Looks pretty awesome! Please do something like this for FIFA World Cup or UEFA Champions League but enabled to more countries.

+ polo155 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Why SONY had to go there?, They know how to get my money… is this App Remote Playable with PSP Go?… i just might Subscribe but im a wait till after E3 just incase a package for new SONY customers are offerd?… (prays)

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on April 22nd, 2010 at 6:49 pm said:

Yes it is

+ tomstockmail on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

I hope to see many more apps in the future. Like Pandora/LastFM, NBA, NFL, or anything else that I could imagine.

+ Rippedpants on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Wow, this is a really cool feature! The first thing I thought was that I hope you guys do the same with the NHL!

I know NHL.com has a similar service called GameCenter Live. I would be ecstatic if you could bring that to the PS3!

+ paulmac1970 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Glad it’s in Canada. Now, put it up. This “later today” thing really has to go.

PAGE 1 2 3 6