GTAV PS4

Watch Major League Baseball on PS3! MLB.TV App Live Today

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 22, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – I’m excited to show everyone the new MLB.TV application for the PS3 that will be available from PlayStation Network, in both U.S. and Canada, later today. This app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.

Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:

• MLB Scoreboard – See a schedule of today’s games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)
  • Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed
  • HD quality video and DVR functionality – watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)
  • Season Archive – Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you’ve missed from earlier in the season.
  • Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
  • Favorite Teams/Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or designate your favorite team(s) to see the schedule for that team.

You can now download the app from the “Media” category on PlayStation Store, and launch it from the Video section of the XMB.

You must be an MLB.TV subscriber to fully utilize this app (some features, such as the calendar schedule, are available to everyone for free). There are two annual packages: MLB.TV is $99.95 and MLB.TV Premium is $119.95. If you aren’t already a MLB.TV subscriber, you can go to ps3.com/mlbtv to sign up. Once you’ve subscribed, link your MLB.TV subscription to a PS3 (via the app), and enjoy the season!

This is truly the ultimate baseball viewing experience from MLB.TV and PlayStation Network. Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ juxtapose519 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Cool feature, but I’d rather watch golf, and that’s saying a LOT.

Bring in NHL GameCenter and I’m sold.

+ joostin on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

NHL, NFL, NBA next?

+ mystikalguy on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

Nice Sony, cool feature…hope 2 c more of this in the future (NBA, FIFA)…..Damn, Grace Chen is very pretty. Make a Grace Chen Dynamic Theme in the future Lol

+ DevilDawg90 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

This is really cool, my team is not local so its always tough to catch their games. While I don’t have a MLB.TV subscription this might change that. I spend a lot of time on my PS3 playing games, watching netflix, pretty soon some baseball too.

+ Mosh_Pit on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

Same with hockey would be awesome!

+ monkstable on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

The app isn’t live. What gives?

“no content found”

+ MarkNMo on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Dang, I actually would have gotten this if it wasn’t for the blackout rules. :(

Go Cards!

+ drdre74 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

How about a NBA one. I’d love this for NBA

+ sombaki on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

This is the single best thing ever! I’ve been hooking my laptop up to my TV, but now I can do it through the PS3!!! Awesome!!!

+ Spookymilk on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

I’m a transplanted fan, baseball is my favorite thing in the world and I’m already an MLB.tv subscriber. This completes me, Sony.

My team plays in 15 minutes. Any chance the app goes live before then…? Eh? Eh?

+ TERWALLACE on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I’ve never been much of a baseball fan, but for those who are this is pretty cool. More importantly though, it opens the door for other apps like it. Any plans in the works? I have to imagine there’s a pretty huge market for the World Cup, NFL, College Football, NBA and NHL. Actually, I’d be pretty stoked for College Football or NFL myself.

+ polo155 on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

I’d personally like to see nacar races aswell, but im gonna get the mlb app, more Apps plz, weather, im sure netflix icon is around the corner twitter app, but make these for psp aswell or remote playable too, this is gonna get crazy!

+ DonnyG on April 22nd, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

Fantastic!

+ Elsa on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:00 am said:

Love the concept… though not a fan of baseball. Do this with hockey and you have a sure sale! (yeah, I’m Canadian).

maybe a sci fi channel… that too would be AWESOME!

+ subbed on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Well I am in! Love baseball but you should branch out to the other sports as well.

+ thaSLAB on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

Absolutely. Love. It! This is a dream come true for a huge MLB (transplanted) fan like myself. Between this app and MLB 10: The Show, my PS3 will get no rest, LOL.

I don’t understand the complaints about it not being in Europe, since well, the MLB IS based in N. America.

+ xaos on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Nice; not a baseball fan myself, but I gotta admit that this is pretty cool

+ CRAIG19C on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

I’d like to see NHL added as well! :)

+ tigerfodder on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

This is my third year with MLB.TV and I enjoy the service. I had been wanting the ability to watch on my ps3 for some time. I’m impressed you carried over most of the great features of MLB premium to the ps3. Can’t wait to watch the braves tonight on ps3! Any chance of a ESPN3 app sony?

+ SCoopat on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

not much of a baseball fan, but this looks awesome! It really shows what the possibilities are…

+ SEMTEKZ on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

NEED NBA VERSION!

+ CeroDouble on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Its a good app for a me and an awesome app for hardcore baseball fans. now cross game voice chat plz.

+ KSPRAYDAD on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Thanks for including Canada MLB.TV.

Hey SONY, how about something Canadians actually care about like Hockey?

+ TwinDad on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

I bet this firmware update is related to this MLB.TV

+ boxmyth on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

This is awesome.
Do the same with the NBA and NFL and I can finally get rid of cable forever.

+ Wheresatom on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

I have been using the Playon Media server for my MLB.tv fix on the PS3 for the last few weeks, but I am looking forward to trying this app out. Thanks guys!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Get a real app store on PSN.

+ AnthonyTonyMagic on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

That is such an awesome interface: schedules, scores on/off, DVR

To be honest, baseball isn’t really my thing, but the app looks great.

Please extend this to other sports and regions, as it could be huge.

I know there are issues with broadcasting rights, but it’s better to broadcast to everybody and then exclude people in areas with blackout restrictions, rather than slowly adding one region at a time.

From a user on PSN Asia, where we never get the good stuff

+ CDubyahS on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

oh that is sw33t. thanks sony. GO Os! O’ say can you see!

+ GuerrillaWar on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

EPL or La Liga and im in.

+ Se7enthSign on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

Get this for the NFL. MUST get this for the NFL.

+ AceOfSpades725 on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

This is a fantastic feature! a step in the right direction! Now lets hope that more apps come soon!

+ typikal82 on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Is this possible to be used with PSP Remote Play?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on April 22nd, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

+ jazzyrider on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Interesting. Looks really cool but I have some questions…
1. PSP– is there an app for the PSP? If not, can we access this app thru our PSP via remote play?
I’ve seen a similar thing here in Seattle at Safeco field with Nintendo and their DS(i)’s and this is so much better and cooler! Obviously remote play would not be the best so seeing an actual app is the ultimate wish.
2. Is it me or does the subscription price seem a bit high? Is there a discount for PSN users?
3. Any future apps for other sports like NFL, etc?

+ BananaFish on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Will there be any “free to view” games like MLB.TV did (on the website) during opening day?!? It would be REALLY cool if PS3 MLBTV features a free to watch game of the day (think preview of the service as a whole type thing) to hook people into subscribing! Also, how about a TIERED pricing structure as the season goes on you can get the package at a discount??? I.E. after the all star break offer the 2nd half of the season for $49.95!!

+ zombie9 on April 22nd, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

If baseball had cheerleaders I would watch every day:)

+ Steventhekiller on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

NBA would be great :D… but seriously what about the blackout restrictions?

+ typikal82 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

@86

the marlins have cheerleaders LOL. No one watches the Marlins so they have to have a good reason to attract people.

+ blumi11 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

When will it go live?

+ nandosupes on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

thanks Sony and MLB for making this possible.

can’t wait to use it!!.

+ KRQ on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

That is awesome.
Too bad it is MLB though :S
I would definitely pay for something like this next year for NHL.tv if you guys were looking into future expansion on something like this

+ Steventhekiller on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

@88 oh snap lol

+ FunkyTable on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

Freaking Awesome, more reason not to have cable.

+ enl1ghtened11 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

OH COME ON! WHAT ABOUT THE UK!

People do live there you know!

+ dkastro89 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

If this is like Mlb extra innings then this is awesome. You pretty much get to see all games from the team you like. However, if its black listed just go to a different station..

Example. The A’s played the mariners last week or two. It wasn’t going to show in the bay area so i decided to go to the Seattle station and watched the game from there…

+ MrHyde229 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I MUST have this for the NFL!!!! Please say it is in development.

+ Dante989 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

@ UnholierThanThou #36

Are you being serious? Baseball is HUGE in this country. Even with the steroid scandals, people still come out to watch their teams play. MLB even has their own network now. You my friend have been living under a rock if you think people outside of Japan don’t watch baseball anymore… Ever hear of the World Baseball Classic???

+ FELIPE50 on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Awww Wack!, C’Mon. Its The NBA Playoffs & The NFL 75th Draft Is Tonight. Dont Leave These Out Sony, Give Us More!

+ Trioptical on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Slick presentation here. Nice.

+ DarkRecoil on April 22nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

I’m more of a Football dude, but this is a great idea anyway guys.

…btw Grace, you look pretty hot honey ;)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6