God of War

Apr 23

Apr 23

MLB 10 The Show NL Central Predictions

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

Baseball fans –

Before I get to today’s picks, just a quick reminder that yesterday we announced some exciting MLB news on the PlayStation Blog — a new MLB.TV application for the PS3 is available from PlayStation Network and allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD—very cool stuff!

MLB.TV App

And without further ado, here are our MLB 10 The Show predictions for the National League Central. This division has some good teams and some questions marks which will make for an interesting year in 2010. The Cardinals have the best player in baseball, probably one of the best ever, in Albert Pujols, and with Matt Holliday protecting him in the lineup and Chris Carpenter on the mound, it’s tough not to slot them in as the favorite for first place, and a contender to win it all in October. The Cubs had a tough ’09 season, but hope that Derrek Lee and Carlos Zambrano can right the ship, along with help at the plate from Alfonso Soriano, who needs to bounce back from a sub-par season last year. The Brewers have a legitimate superstar in Prince Fielder, but need a lot of help on the mound. We’ll see if Yovani Gallardo and Randy Wolf can get the job done as the rocks of their rotation. And then there’s the Pirates who haven’t had a winning season in 17 years…yes 17 years! It seems unlikely that they’ll break .500 in 2010, but at least they have some young talent in guys like Andrew McCutchen, might be a sign of good things to come (ok, maybe not).  The Reds, on the other hand, might be turning a corner with big bats in Brandon Phillips and Joey Votto anchoring a strong lineup. We’ll see if they can put it all together and contend for the crown. Lastly, we have the Astros who can usually guarantee 15-20 wins from ace Roy Oswalt. If Lance Berkman and the rest of the team can pull their own weight, they just might have a shot.

Here’s a look at our final National League Central predictions video showing you which teams will come out on top this October according to MLB 10 The Show.

Welcome to The Show!

Add Your Own

Pedro_-_ said:

April 23rd, 1:10 pm

The mlb.tv/ps3 is amazing. I love it.

PBT2009 said:

April 23rd, 1:15 pm

Brewers are looking good but I’ll take Cardinals..

Also MLB.tv is one of the best things you guys did. Now I don’t have to hold a laptop in my lap the entire game. Now please give MLB an update for live audio feed so I can play MLB The show and listen to my Phillies :)

RustInPeace88 said:

April 23rd, 1:34 pm

Matt Holliday is number 7

bigdaddykraven said:

April 23rd, 1:38 pm

Still wish I could get MLB.tv to watch the Reds…stupid blackout market. If I’m in a blackout area, they could at least show the games!

Sorry rant over. Sony if you could find a way around the blackout for me…I’d pay extra to see my Reds.

cubbielovr said:

April 23rd, 1:45 pm

mlb.tv on the ps3 is the best deal sony. Thank You!

PO2FROGG said:

April 23rd, 1:59 pm

10x better than anything the crap-box has to offer. Good deal Sony, thank you from the bottom of my cubbie blue heart!

NEJI64 said:

April 23rd, 2:37 pm

do anybody know if MLB 09 servers still up.

Kid_Fleetfoot said:

April 23rd, 4:03 pm

Cardinals I guess but I never really know who to root for, the Milwaukee Brewers or the Chicago Cubs. I remember The Milwaukee Braves so that’s part of my favoritism for them but on the other hand how can one not root for a player, Ernie Banks, who can’t help but root for a team who had a player who said, “Let’s play two”. Besides, it Wrigley Field.
The Tigers and the Cubs in the World Series should happen again. It almost did in 1984.
Cubs Brewers and Cards, the Cards who has Stan ‘The Man’ Musial.

DiscoJer said:

April 23rd, 4:37 pm

Why not use Youtube for the videos here? Then they might actually work properly instead of it just flashing on and off.

Anyway, if you can’t even get Matt Holliday’s number right…

dewfreak550 said:

April 23rd, 4:58 pm

how the hell did the Astros beat the Reds? LMAO

eddieMX07 said:

April 23rd, 9:05 pm

hey it’s possible! If the Astros have a winning record then they can probably beat the Reds. They need to get more runs in and have better starting pitching.

cheesyjon said:

April 23rd, 9:12 pm

Go Cardinals!!!

PBT2009 said:

April 23rd, 9:22 pm

@bigdaddy I have the same problem with my Phillies. Comcast refuses to release view rights to direct so I’m black out on tv, mlb.tv, etc. However mlb.tv goes but IP address so I added a IP blocker and I get to watch my Phillies.

darkrono said:

April 23rd, 10:32 pm

return other OS

Toastrules said:

April 23rd, 10:40 pm

PirateHarlock said:

April 24th, 10:53 am

Sony takes away features we all paid for this trash that we must pay absurd amouts for? if sony things its getting the majority of customers money for this think again. Once again sony should’ve bought a clue instead.

Akenshi said:

April 24th, 11:28 am

Go Astros!! …..even if I don’t really watch baseball. Actually, I haven’t really played a baseball game since All-Star ’99 on N64.

Senjutsu_Dav said:

April 24th, 1:26 pm

WOW, my god!!! MLB.TV app is real nice!

I’d LOVE to have that for NHL too!!! (NHL.TV app) My paid subsciption on TV doesn’t have hockey seasons. I’d be willing to pay a bit more to have the latest game (NHL 10 instead of my current ’09) if I can save the money of the tv channel subscribtion, lol!!! =D

A really good idea MLB guys! =D

android92 said:

April 24th, 1:59 pm

Go Cubbies!

jfl40 said:

April 24th, 7:04 pm

wow I think that MLB10 the Show is alot of fun Go Cubbies!!!!

danerix said:

April 25th, 6:33 am

I love MLB 2010 The Show . Would love to see additions like olders teams , Montreal Expos ( Olympic Stadium and Jarry Park and their mascot Youppi ) either in the game itself ( in the Nationals menu ) or in a add-on pack that I would buy for sure … Another good idea of a pack would be to feature team lineups schedules and stadiums for a specific year , for example 1969 , so we can relive great memories !
Many here in Montreal still love baseball and their Expos
:-)
danerik

acerazer1 said:

April 25th, 2:07 pm

@7

The MLB09 servers got taken down on march 17 or somewhere around there.

CuellarStyle said:

April 25th, 4:53 pm

t only happens at 3B, doesn’t happen at any other base. It’s not my controller either, cuz I’ve tried 3 different controlers & the same thing happens on all 3. And I know it has nothing to do with guess pitch being that I have guess pitch turned off, as I feel it’s more challenging to hit without using guess pitch, which is what I like, is to feel challenge. I don’t know if it’s a glitch in the disc or what, but I mean every single time I get a runner to 3rd, the opposing pitcher will step off the mound before throwing the first pitch & the runner is off & running trying to steal home. I mean I’ve lost a few games because of that stupid glitch, I mean there is no other explaination, where I don’t do anything except move the right analog stick to influence the direct of the ball when it hit it. Other than that, I do nothing to make the runner steal home. There’s no other explaination other than there being a glitch

eddieMX07 said:

April 25th, 10:08 pm

so no more playing online on MLB The Show 09… Damn that sucks… guess i’m never gonna get does online tropies

jibroberts said:

April 26th, 8:29 pm

Go Cards!!! I just have one thing I would like to say. Can you get a fix done for Pittsburgh’s Stadium. Left Center: if you hit the ball to the 410 mark and it sits there the left fielder stands there and the CF gets stuck against the wall running. When this happens the batter automatically gets a triple and will score. Thanks for the great game and once again GO CARDS!!!

jibroberts said:

April 26th, 8:32 pm

One other thing. What is the cost of the MLB.TV? Monthly yearly? Thanks for letting me know.