PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

ModNation Racers: Mystery Mods Revealed!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Apr 27, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

FIRST, A NEW TRAILER

I’d like to kick off this post with a brand new trailer. We’ve been talking a lot about the Mods you can get by pre-ordering ModNation Racers for PS3, but we’ve never seen them in action. So what do Ratchet, Clank, Kratos, and Nathan Drake look like when they finally take the wheel ModNation-style? Click on our latest trailer to find out!

SACKBOY JOINS THE RACE!

ModNation Rackers gets Sackboy!

Sackboy officially joins the ModNation Racers crew with a sweet Cardboard roadster!

Please welcome the latest addition to the ModNation Racer family….SACKBOY! Congrats to everyone who guessed correctly.

ModNation Racers (Sackboy) ModNation Racers (Sackboy)

It’s only fitting that hero that started the Play, Create, Share movement joins the cast of ModNation. Now the question is, how do you get him?

Well, that part’s easy!

On May 25th, look out for specially stickered copies of ModNation Racers for PS3!

ModNation Racers with Sackboy bonus Mod ModNation Racers with Sackboy bonus Mod

Inside those copies you will get a PSN voucher good for the Sackboy Mod and his sweet Cardboard kart. Early pre-ordered copies will come with a packed-in Sackboy voucher. This offer is valid only while supplies last, so you’ve gotta be quick!

BONUS MYSTERY MOD and KART PACKS REVEALED!

If you pre-order or have pre-ordered from a participating retailer (Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and GameCrazy) you not only get one of your favorite characters but you will get one of the four BONUS Mod and Kart packs below!

Each pack comes with an original Mod and Kart Body, PLUS you get special accessories that you can use in your own creations!

Which one will you get? Who knows? It’s the luck of the draw. Find out when you redeem your pre-order voucher code.

Till then, anyone got a favorite?

ModNation Racers: Mouse Trap ModNation Racers for PS3 (Mouse Trap)

Mouse Trap
Ready to catch his next meal, this clever cat speeds around a big wedge of cheese to lure in his next meal.

Mod Accessories: Feline Ears, Cat Eyes, and Claws
Kart Accessories: Cheese Wheel and Cat Toy Ornaments

ModNation Racers: Lil Tinker ModNation Racers (Lil Tinker)

Lil Tinker
Some kids were just born to race. Sporting a homemade Soap Box Racer and X-Ray Specs, this little rascal is ready to go.

Mod Accessories: X-Ray Glasses and Pot Helmet
Kart Accessories: Nail ornament and Trash Steering Wheel

ModNation Racers: Cowboy ModNation Racers (Cowboy)

Cowboy
MOO-ve over! There’s a new sheriff in town. If you don’t get out of his way, his truck will mow you into hamburger!

Mod Accessories: Cowboy Hat, Straw, and Chaps
Kart Accessories: Saddle Seat and Rope Steering Wheel

ModNation Racers: Woody ModNation Racers for PS3 (Woody)

Woody
You don’t have to watch Caddyshack to know you don’t mess with this gopher and his souped up Golf Kart. Whether on the fairway or on the race track, this guy likes to “drive”!

Mod Accessories: Golf Hat, Gopher Nose, Argyle Sweater Vest
Kart Accessories: Golf Kart Seat

+ bentl78 on April 27th, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

Any chance the HongKong PSN store will get these downloads as PAID dlc? I am sure we wont get any pre-order bonuses here in ASIA..
There is no HK or ASIA PS BLOG.. so nowhere to post these questions to.

I am more than willing to pay for them on the store… but us gamers living in ASIAN countries always get the short end of the stick.

Are there plans to release them as DLC in the US store?
I am originally from the US, and do have a US account and a US credit card. Please tell me if i buy the game here in HK, i can still get these cool characters!!

+ saintaqua on April 27th, 2010 at 7:52 pm said:

Now all Sony needs is a Super Smash Bros. style game with Kratos, Drake, Ratchet, Jax, Sackboy, Nariko etc.!!

+ Band2eto on April 27th, 2010 at 8:09 pm said:

YES! SONY FTW! I love these CHARACTER COLLABORATIONS! SO FREAKING EPIC!!!!

If you guys offer DLC Helghast, Cole (from Infamous) and Solid Snake… OH MAN, DAY 1 DLC purchase!

OH yea! Don’t forget Nathan Hale from Resistance too, please!!!

+ ndw4 on April 27th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

Hey what up Chuck!

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 12:35 am said:

what up!

+ kdiep on April 27th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

I’m thoroughly disappointed but perhaps my expectations were elsewhere. I figured hey cool, all these Playstation Icons are appearing in Modnation Racers, it’s like Sony’s Mario Kart and it could’ve even been better with the theme-levels like Empire City. I guess I was sadly wrong, now it’s just a bunch of DLC that one have to buy from all these different stores to get the whole collection… Or wait until it eventually releases as DLC as every other game today do.

I couldn’t be more disappointed. I almost bought them for the mascots themselves, now Modnation Racers has lost more than half of its charm (that is my opinion of course). A sad day for me indeed. I’ll wait a year or two now for the inevitable Complete package (ex. GOTY edition).

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 12:39 am said:

sorry you feel that way. :( Whenever you are ready, I’m certain you’ll have a blast when you decide to get it.

+ Musoka_Eimin on April 27th, 2010 at 10:54 pm said:

Argh, looks fantastic guys. I had a blast on the beta, and I had pre-ordered the game, I even filled out a full report for you guys. But then the whole Linux killing update came out and I had to stop updating PS3, I use it for school. :( Now you’re telling me I could have had a Sackboy mod too… I love Sackboy and playing LBP online, it is what I miss most about not being able to upgrade. This sucks bad. :( I wanted this game so much and would have been amazing to have the Sackboy mod. Sad now.

+ Munty13 on April 27th, 2010 at 10:59 pm said:

The car mousetrap drives is perfect for a fat princess kart LOL!

+ marlyt on April 27th, 2010 at 11:01 pm said:

Dear Mr Representative,

In January my two sons and I were crushed when our beta privileges ended and we have had MNR withdrawl since. When can we expect to see a demo at least to get our palates prepared for race, create, share? Is this in the cards or do we have 28 days of agonizing pain to endure? Excellent job with the pre-orders, btw!!! You guys have really stepped up and we love u 4 it. My six year old asks “how many days left?” every single day :-)

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 12:43 am said:

Ha! Tell your 6 year old it will be here in a flash. Will definitely let you know when a demo is ready to go! Thanks for the support! Wishing you and your boys many hours of Racing, Creating and Sharing!

+ Apollo21 on April 27th, 2010 at 11:04 pm said:

@ #3

GREAT SCOTT!

+ marlyt on April 27th, 2010 at 11:05 pm said:

Chuck,

One more thing. If I kill all the golfers they’re gonna lock me up and throw away the key…”FREEZE GOPHER!!!”

I want Woody!

+ marlyt on April 27th, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

@ Apollo #108

Do you know what this means? It measn this dam* thing doesn’t work!!…Classic

+ ChazFox on April 28th, 2010 at 3:48 am said:

Hey, just wondering. Will the Sackboy preorder bonus be included in orders from UK stores that are doing preorder bonuses?

(From what I’ve seen so far, Play.com has Kratos, Amazon UK has Ratchet and Clank and GAME has Nathan drake + 2 “New characters”, but none of them specifically say whether preordered copies will also come with the Sackboy bonus.)

Us folks in the UK may not have been able to play the beta (There was no LBP GOTY Edition outside of the US D: ), but according to release dates we’ll be getting the game a few days before the states, so it evens out in the end, I guess. :p

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Sorry, I don’t know. :( The European Blog may announce details on their program soon.

+ TubaDude49 on April 28th, 2010 at 4:23 am said:

Does the PSP game have any vertical, because I haven’t been able to raise the track in the demo.

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Yup! Check out the PSP Track Create series of Blog posts that we did a few weeks back by the game’s producer, Vernon.

+ the_jimster on April 28th, 2010 at 6:24 am said:

@ Chuck Do you have anything to post today I was just wondering because you were saying on some comments that you have more to come?Also thanks for the last reply to me it meant alot! :D

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

More ModNation to come this week and the weeks after. (But not all from me.) Happy to reply!

+ TheAlp on April 28th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

could you ask the EU blog if they could announce where to pre-order to get the different things? not much time yet,

also why is all the stuff i get send for registering on Modnation.com US only? both the demo and the psp theme, its really annoying.

+ Mister_Icee on April 28th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

I cannot wait for this game. I pre-ordered a few weeks ago and I think Mouse Trap is the coolest :D

+ Spyroluver88 on April 28th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

I was already excited about this game! Adding Sackboy just pushed it over the top for me! I can’t wait!!!
I was speculating that the Sweet Tooth mod from Jaffe’s video might make it on as the bonus kart…hint, hint:D

+ jbsmooth7 on April 28th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

Pre ordered the Strategy Guide as well. Any chance there will be any bonuses involved for buying that?

+ x_NiiGHTMARE_x on April 28th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

soo excited for this game. Cant wait to play with my son head to head =)

thank you for answering most of my questions with replys.

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 10:46 pm said:

Sure thing!

+ HTK on April 28th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

visit, http://playcreateandshare.com

Vote where you will be pre-ordering your copy at.

+ mommymatters on April 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Awsome I want the golfer for the PSP. These will be with the PSP to right?

+ TheRockdalf on April 28th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Holy Moley. I pre-ordered on Amazon a while back because me and my wife wanted a kart racer game to play and this one looked to fit the bill perfect. And since then you guys keep stacking on the pre-order bonuses! Thanks for all the extra goodies and now I’m looking more forward to May 25th!

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

Good to hear! You and your wife will have a blast.

+ Suicide_Surfer on April 28th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

I preordered this way back in september so does that mean im guarenteed sackboy kratos mystery mod and tracks?

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

If you pre-ordered from GameStop you should get Kratos and Kart, a Mystery Mod and Kart Pack, and SackBoy and Kart Voucher packed-in the game.

+ the_jimster on April 28th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

@Chuck I wish the demo for modnation racers ps3 could come this Thursday 4/29/10 because its been driving me insane to wait this long and we still have another month :)!I know what you’re gonna say you’ll say “I’ll post it when I find out.” right,unless you already know?

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 10:50 pm said:

I’ll post it when I find out. :)

(I really don’t know yet!)

+ Ozbendigo on April 28th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

is there going to be a ps3 demo?

+ Bioman20 on April 28th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

How do you make Sly Cooper?

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 10:50 pm said:

Very Carefully.

+ BigBangBear on April 28th, 2010 at 7:20 pm said:

@ 30 – can’t wait to try those NASCAR tracks if you make them.

Didn’t join a Fantasy Nascar pool this year, so that would fit the bill nicely.

+ ndw4 on April 28th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

Hey Chuck, I want to know if the actual game was better than the beta, because when Modnation was announced I was hyped, but the beta let me down. I hope it is, cause this game just looks awesome whenever I see.

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 10:52 pm said:

I think there have been great improvements since the beta and that was just a fraction of the game so the answer is a big WHOPPING “YES”!

+ DarkOne_PR on April 29th, 2010 at 12:45 am said:

ill be sure to make some of the mario kart maps! hehe who need a wii? :P

+ the_jimster on April 29th, 2010 at 5:29 am said:

I’m going to try to make Ghost from Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) and some kind of Army Truck because I already made Ghost on LittleBigPlanet (LBP).UFG has improved it a whole LOT sense E3 09 like the Steam Roller looks better than that 1st one did at E3 09,just sayin’.
@Chuck I kind of figured you wouldn’t know yet so thanks for when you do and thanks for everything else!Like the others I wanna race you too.

+ ScampSixteen on April 29th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Hi Chuck! Gotta question, do Ratchet and Clank come with their own karts, like in the video? Or were those just karts you made?
See you on the racetrack! :)

+ Chuck Lacson on April 29th, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

Those were karts we just made. :)

See you on the track! (in my rear view mirror!)

OH!

+ Woollymonster73 on April 29th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

new info today? maybe a demo

+ LiGhT_1t_UP on April 29th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

So is the mode Last Kart Standing exclusive to psp or is it on the PS3 also. Thanks

+ LiGhT_1t_UP on April 29th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

Oh and also is there any info on when the demo for ps3 is coming out?

+ ndw4 on April 29th, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

Yo Chuck, will there be a demo? I know everyone keeps asking, but I would like to know. Oh yeah, I preordered the game today. It’s gonna be sick!

+ mad_piper on April 29th, 2010 at 9:09 pm said:

Pre-ordered, can’t wait for it to show up at my doorstep! Currently enjoying the psp demo, but its pretty restrictive compared to the awesome beta.

+ TH3_Hammer_29 on April 30th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

@135 ndw4, he confirmed in a couple of earlier replies that a PS3 demo is coming but he doesn’t know when yet.

+ ndw4 on April 30th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

@137-TH3_Hammer_29, Okay I didn’t that. Thanks for telling me.

+ skyreno on April 30th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

No helgasht mod >> i hope you guys can talk to them so
Helgasht to join race

+ skyreno on April 30th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

here good question when demo comes……>> the tracks we created in demo is it going be in game when launch ??

+ ArtOfWar12 on April 30th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

CHUCK

Do Ratchet and Clank come with karts or do you have to make them yourself?

+ pikeepikee on May 1st, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

I live in another country and I’ve preordered Modnation already, which skins do I get.
I don’t have a Bestbuy or Gamestop

+ Solar_Panel on May 1st, 2010 at 9:58 pm said:

if you pre-order at gamestop what mod package do you get Chuck???

+ Solar_Panel on May 1st, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

How many codes can you reedem for the game like 5 or unlimited?

+ darian575 on May 1st, 2010 at 11:20 pm said:

Say, will we be able to customize Kratos and the lot of exclusive characters? Will we e able to use thier parts (like his eyes and such) for other mods? Can we customize the karts? Czn we use the kart parts for other karts? And, finally, I’d like to use the “LittleBigPlanet” sticker on Sackboy’s kart on my own. Will I be able to? Sorry for the slew of questions, but I’d really like to know for sure! But even if you don’t answer, I’m still 100% sure I’m buying this game. It will be the 2nd best game EVER! (#1 is LittleBigPlanet, sorry.) :P

+ Mister_Icee on May 2nd, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

@Solar_Panel It looks like Mouse Trap to me.

+ coolasia on May 2nd, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Hey, Chuck! I’ve gotta great comment for you about this! This game will be the next playstation OBSESSION!!! This is like the mix of Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet into a great combination! Racing and creating! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! WISH THERE WAS A TIME MACHINE TO TRAVEL TO MAY 25!!!!!!!!

+ Skunk616 on May 2nd, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

PRE-ORDERED!!!! I can’t wait XD Kratos, Sackboy and random character :P On top of those awesome goodies my girlfriend is gettin an awesome Anniversery present and I’m gettin more Kratos :P Sony is so the best company EVER!

+ Navani456 on May 2nd, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

I thought the preorders came with their own karts, like Ratchet gets the Hovercraft or something. Am I wrong? And I (like at least one other person mentioned) feel like they should have a battle mode like Twisted Metal or some sort of demolition derby! That would be the best DLC ever.

Pre-ordered and anxiously waiting =)

+ Elvick_ on May 2nd, 2010 at 5:37 pm said: