The Last Guardian

Apr 27

ModNation Racers: Mystery Mods Revealed!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Chuck Lacson on Apr 27, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

I’d like to kick off this post with a brand new trailer. We’ve been talking a lot about the Mods you can get by pre-ordering ModNation Racers for PS3, but we’ve never seen them in action. So what do Ratchet, Clank, Kratos, and Nathan Drake look like when they finally take the wheel ModNation-style? Click on our latest trailer to find out!

ModNation Rackers gets Sackboy!

Sackboy officially joins the ModNation Racers crew with a sweet Cardboard roadster!

Please welcome the latest addition to the ModNation Racer family….SACKBOY! Congrats to everyone who guessed correctly.

ModNation Racers (Sackboy) ModNation Racers (Sackboy)

It’s only fitting that hero that started the Play, Create, Share movement joins the cast of ModNation. Now the question is, how do you get him?

Well, that part’s easy!

On May 25th, look out for specially stickered copies of ModNation Racers for PS3!

ModNation Racers with Sackboy bonus Mod ModNation Racers with Sackboy bonus Mod

Inside those copies you will get a PSN voucher good for the Sackboy Mod and his sweet Cardboard kart. Early pre-ordered copies will come with a packed-in Sackboy voucher. This offer is valid only while supplies last, so you’ve gotta be quick!

If you pre-order or have pre-ordered from a participating retailer (Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and GameCrazy) you not only get one of your favorite characters but you will get one of the four BONUS Mod and Kart packs below!

Each pack comes with an original Mod and Kart Body, PLUS you get special accessories that you can use in your own creations!

Which one will you get? Who knows? It’s the luck of the draw. Find out when you redeem your pre-order voucher code.

Till then, anyone got a favorite?

ModNation Racers: Mouse Trap ModNation Racers for PS3 (Mouse Trap)

Mouse Trap
Ready to catch his next meal, this clever cat speeds around a big wedge of cheese to lure in his next meal.

Mod Accessories: Feline Ears, Cat Eyes, and Claws
Kart Accessories: Cheese Wheel and Cat Toy Ornaments

ModNation Racers: Lil Tinker ModNation Racers (Lil Tinker)

Lil Tinker
Some kids were just born to race. Sporting a homemade Soap Box Racer and X-Ray Specs, this little rascal is ready to go.

Mod Accessories: X-Ray Glasses and Pot Helmet
Kart Accessories: Nail ornament and Trash Steering Wheel

ModNation Racers: Cowboy ModNation Racers (Cowboy)

MOO-ve over! There’s a new sheriff in town. If you don’t get out of his way, his truck will mow you into hamburger!

Mod Accessories: Cowboy Hat, Straw, and Chaps
Kart Accessories: Saddle Seat and Rope Steering Wheel

ModNation Racers: Woody ModNation Racers for PS3 (Woody)

You don’t have to watch Caddyshack to know you don’t mess with this gopher and his souped up Golf Kart. Whether on the fairway or on the race track, this guy likes to “drive”!

Mod Accessories: Golf Hat, Gopher Nose, Argyle Sweater Vest
Kart Accessories: Golf Kart Seat

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ bentl78 on April 27th, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

Any chance the HongKong PSN store will get these downloads as PAID dlc? I am sure we wont get any pre-order bonuses here in ASIA..
There is no HK or ASIA PS BLOG.. so nowhere to post these questions to.

I am more than willing to pay for them on the store… but us gamers living in ASIAN countries always get the short end of the stick.

Are there plans to release them as DLC in the US store?
I am originally from the US, and do have a US account and a US credit card. Please tell me if i buy the game here in HK, i can still get these cool characters!!

+ saintaqua on April 27th, 2010 at 7:52 pm said:

Now all Sony needs is a Super Smash Bros. style game with Kratos, Drake, Ratchet, Jax, Sackboy, Nariko etc.!!

+ SUPERGAMER247 on April 27th, 2010 at 7:31 pm said:

@woollymonster73 no it looks like you can’t mod them or do that but maybe with the mystery ones

+ Band2eto on April 27th, 2010 at 8:09 pm said:

If you guys offer DLC Helghast, Cole (from Infamous) and Solid Snake… OH MAN, DAY 1 DLC purchase!

OH yea! Don’t forget Nathan Hale from Resistance too, please!!!

+ ndw4 on April 27th, 2010 at 8:22 pm said:

Hey what up Chuck!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 12:35 am said:

what up!

+ kdiep on April 27th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

I’m thoroughly disappointed but perhaps my expectations were elsewhere. I figured hey cool, all these Playstation Icons are appearing in Modnation Racers, it’s like Sony’s Mario Kart and it could’ve even been better with the theme-levels like Empire City. I guess I was sadly wrong, now it’s just a bunch of DLC that one have to buy from all these different stores to get the whole collection… Or wait until it eventually releases as DLC as every other game today do.

I couldn’t be more disappointed. I almost bought them for the mascots themselves, now Modnation Racers has lost more than half of its charm (that is my opinion of course). A sad day for me indeed. I’ll wait a year or two now for the inevitable Complete package (ex. GOTY edition).

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 12:39 am said:

sorry you feel that way. :( Whenever you are ready, I’m certain you’ll have a blast when you decide to get it.

+ Musoka_Eimin on April 27th, 2010 at 10:54 pm said:

Argh, looks fantastic guys. I had a blast on the beta, and I had pre-ordered the game, I even filled out a full report for you guys. But then the whole Linux killing update came out and I had to stop updating PS3, I use it for school. :( Now you’re telling me I could have had a Sackboy mod too… I love Sackboy and playing LBP online, it is what I miss most about not being able to upgrade. This sucks bad. :( I wanted this game so much and would have been amazing to have the Sackboy mod. Sad now.

+ Munty13 on April 27th, 2010 at 10:59 pm said:

The car mousetrap drives is perfect for a fat princess kart LOL!

+ marlyt on April 27th, 2010 at 11:01 pm said:

Dear Mr Representative,

In January my two sons and I were crushed when our beta privileges ended and we have had MNR withdrawl since. When can we expect to see a demo at least to get our palates prepared for race, create, share? Is this in the cards or do we have 28 days of agonizing pain to endure? Excellent job with the pre-orders, btw!!! You guys have really stepped up and we love u 4 it. My six year old asks “how many days left?” every single day :-)

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on April 28th, 2010 at 12:43 am said:

Ha! Tell your 6 year old it will be here in a flash. Will definitely let you know when a demo is ready to go! Thanks for the support! Wishing you and your boys many hours of Racing, Creating and Sharing!

+ Apollo21 on April 27th, 2010 at 11:04 pm said:

@ #3

+ marlyt on April 27th, 2010 at 11:05 pm said:

One more thing. If I kill all the golfers they’re gonna lock me up and throw away the key…”FREEZE GOPHER!!!”

I want Woody!

+ marlyt on April 27th, 2010 at 11:08 pm said:

@ Apollo #108

Do you know what this means? It measn this dam* thing doesn’t work!!…Classic

PAGE 1 2 3 4