PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

ModNation Racers: Mystery Mods Revealed!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Apr 27, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

FIRST, A NEW TRAILER

I’d like to kick off this post with a brand new trailer. We’ve been talking a lot about the Mods you can get by pre-ordering ModNation Racers for PS3, but we’ve never seen them in action. So what do Ratchet, Clank, Kratos, and Nathan Drake look like when they finally take the wheel ModNation-style? Click on our latest trailer to find out!

SACKBOY JOINS THE RACE!

ModNation Rackers gets Sackboy!

Sackboy officially joins the ModNation Racers crew with a sweet Cardboard roadster!

Please welcome the latest addition to the ModNation Racer family….SACKBOY! Congrats to everyone who guessed correctly.

ModNation Racers (Sackboy) ModNation Racers (Sackboy)

It’s only fitting that hero that started the Play, Create, Share movement joins the cast of ModNation. Now the question is, how do you get him?

Well, that part’s easy!

On May 25th, look out for specially stickered copies of ModNation Racers for PS3!

ModNation Racers with Sackboy bonus Mod ModNation Racers with Sackboy bonus Mod

Inside those copies you will get a PSN voucher good for the Sackboy Mod and his sweet Cardboard kart. Early pre-ordered copies will come with a packed-in Sackboy voucher. This offer is valid only while supplies last, so you’ve gotta be quick!

BONUS MYSTERY MOD and KART PACKS REVEALED!

If you pre-order or have pre-ordered from a participating retailer (Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, and GameCrazy) you not only get one of your favorite characters but you will get one of the four BONUS Mod and Kart packs below!

Each pack comes with an original Mod and Kart Body, PLUS you get special accessories that you can use in your own creations!

Which one will you get? Who knows? It’s the luck of the draw. Find out when you redeem your pre-order voucher code.

Till then, anyone got a favorite?

ModNation Racers: Mouse Trap ModNation Racers for PS3 (Mouse Trap)

Mouse Trap
Ready to catch his next meal, this clever cat speeds around a big wedge of cheese to lure in his next meal.

Mod Accessories: Feline Ears, Cat Eyes, and Claws
Kart Accessories: Cheese Wheel and Cat Toy Ornaments

ModNation Racers: Lil Tinker ModNation Racers (Lil Tinker)

Lil Tinker
Some kids were just born to race. Sporting a homemade Soap Box Racer and X-Ray Specs, this little rascal is ready to go.

Mod Accessories: X-Ray Glasses and Pot Helmet
Kart Accessories: Nail ornament and Trash Steering Wheel

ModNation Racers: Cowboy ModNation Racers (Cowboy)

Cowboy
MOO-ve over! There’s a new sheriff in town. If you don’t get out of his way, his truck will mow you into hamburger!

Mod Accessories: Cowboy Hat, Straw, and Chaps
Kart Accessories: Saddle Seat and Rope Steering Wheel

ModNation Racers: Woody ModNation Racers for PS3 (Woody)

Woody
You don’t have to watch Caddyshack to know you don’t mess with this gopher and his souped up Golf Kart. Whether on the fairway or on the race track, this guy likes to “drive”!

Mod Accessories: Golf Hat, Gopher Nose, Argyle Sweater Vest
Kart Accessories: Golf Kart Seat

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Broge_Soede on May 10th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

I have a problem, I am going on vacation and will be 300 miles away from my PS3 on May 25th. What is going to happen to my pre-order? Will I still be able to redeem it? I would be really upset if since I pre-ordered this around Christmas and don’t get my share of the bonus mods. What is going to happen to that?

+ Broge_Soede on May 10th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

My mistake, I see now that it expires 1 year after the release date. Thus giving me plenty of time.

+ Matimooo on May 15th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

I preordered my copy from Amazon yesterday, will I still get Sackboy?

+ chiffmonkey on May 19th, 2010 at 1:31 am said:

Preorder stuff from different shops is nothing but nasty. It means its impossible to buy the complete game.

But anyway what retailers have what characters in the UK?

+ MrJak- on May 19th, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

I’m thinking of pre-ordering it but will the karts be customisable? like will you be able to get Kratos’s golden skull.. thing on his kart?

that would be so cool to have on a kart.

+ shane_1105 on May 19th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

let me get this straight…. if you preorder from amazon ratchet and clank will just appear on the game or will i recieve a code. I hope i don’t sound stupid…..

+ justino99 on May 20th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

when you get the game inside the box will be a voucher with a code that you have to put in for it to unlock in the game

+ sdmf4ever on May 21st, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

I have my copy pre-ordered at Gamestop, therefore I will be getting the Kratos costume; however, is there any other way to get the additional costumes without pre-ordering from Amazon or Best Buy? Will they be available for purchase or download on release day? Me hopes so…………..

+ quickfire123 on May 21st, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

I really need you help chuck i want the cat one badly but idk which one im getting. When i went to gamestop they showed me the the cards to the exclusive and i saw the rascal kart in sithlout with orange will it show the sithlout of the cat one or the gopher like for the rascal. Plus its no fair i want the cat one bad, but i cant trade cause idk what i have or they have. Are the codes reusable.

+ IronSkullKid99 on May 22nd, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Can you use the DLC’s from LBP to customize Sackboy in ModNation Racers?

+ RACROX on May 23rd, 2010 at 1:00 am said:

lol, i was soooo wanting ratchet n clank n sackboy so badly, i ordered it on may 19th, i live in canada, it comes out on may 25th, yeah… but a lot of people have been saying “I HOPE THE PRE-ORDER CHARACTERS WITH BE RELEASED ON DLC”…. well personally, i dont, cuz since i live in Canada, i technically cant get MNR delivered to me from Amazon.com but lucky 4 me, I have an uncle in Florida, it cost me $15 extra dollars just to pre-order! So, if i find out, that i cuda just got em off psn, im gonna be pissed!!!

+ quickfire123 on May 23rd, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

That happend with mag and everyone was yelling

PAGE 1 2 3 4