PS4-The Order

PlayStation Store Update: Tuesdays Just Got a Little Better

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 29, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

As some of you may have heard, the weekly PlayStation Store Update is packing up its belongings and moving…from Thursday to Tuesday. So, beginning next Tuesday, May 4, I’ll be back to share the latest PlayStation Store content updates with everyone.

Next week’s updates will be highlighted by the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package expansion, and Fat Princess: A Fistful of Cake for PSP. Of course, don’t miss this week’s PlayStation Store Update’s later today.

MW2-StimulusPackageDLC-1_banner-B'

FatPrincess_Fistful_banner-B'

We hope publishing the new content a couple of days earlier makes your week a little more enjoyable. See you next Tuesday!

190 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ BigBoss712 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

I like the change to Tuesdays.

+ Vonbane on April 29th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

Awesome!

+ saintaqua on April 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

Thanks for the reminder, I’m very happy about it!

+ ijustw1n on April 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

This will be weird, but nice.

+ NewYork214 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

see you tuesday

+ PHILLYD_1230 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

good move goin to tuesday

+ Fausk on April 29th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Am I right to assume that there will be no update today to compensate for the switch?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on April 29th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

Definitely an update in store for today!

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

I doubt it, but will u guys update at an earlier time as well.

+ TheAlp on April 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

what about in EU, Asia and Australia?

+ KwietStorm on April 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

What about Lead & Gold?

+ Anubis80 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

That will be cool. But now could you maybe just update the store within a certain time frame? Im not sayin that you need to do it at for example 7 PM PST every tues but maybe for example again, 5 to 7 or something along those lines? I mean its kind of messed up waiting and checking all night long every Thurs.

And as for the MW2 stimulus pack, IW can forget about it. Had to wait a month cuz they were too greedy and on top of it the game wasnt all that I thought it was suppose to be. Treyarch makes way better CoD games.

+ poodude on April 29th, 2010 at 10:37 am said:

It’ll be wied at first, but I’m sure we’ll all adjust.

So, does this mean the Spring Fever sale(s) for this week (if they’re still going on) end on Tuesday or Thursday of next week?

+ depward on April 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Very nice. Tuesdays are a good day to update on. WELL PLAYED, GRACE… WELL PLAYED INDEED

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Also, for this week’s spring fever sale, I’m guessing it’s cut short with the amount of time to participate in it due to the move to Tuesdays next week. Am I right, Grace?

+ almighty-slayer on April 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

And yet, the updates will probably still be rubbish :)

+ poodude on April 29th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

@Anubis80

Don’t blame IW, blame Activision. So sad to see Bungie’s partnered up with them too…

+ KwietStorm on April 29th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

@Fausk
You didn’t read the whole post

+ Caudill on April 29th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

I approve of this change, 100%

I hated waiting until Thursday each week. Good move Sony.

+ Aggie_CEO on April 29th, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

But now I don’t have a reason to look forward to Thursdays!!!

+ Glacier928 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Sweet!!!

+ N_8_ on April 29th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

How are the kainotophobics going to handle this????
(those who fear change)

I think I’m going to pretend that this didn’t happen and still check the store on Thursdays.

/sarcasm

+ roseofmayix on April 29th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Does that mean we’ll still have to wait til night to get the updates? If so, blarg!

+ RDespair on April 29th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Nintendo update on Monday, Sony update on Tuesday, and Microsoft update on Wednesday. Sounds good to me.

+ LokeSTL on April 29th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Awesome! Way to compete guys!

Question: Does the MW2 DLC include new trophies? Online trophies are the biggest thing that is missing from the game, IMO. A trophy for each prestige would have been epic!

+ xaos on April 29th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

Very pleased with the change; any word on if there will be a set time of day for updates? Even if it was later, it’d be nice to know when I could find new content

+ kingpetty_89 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

cant wait ya dig

+ StrykerIsland on April 29th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

I’d love to see content go up whenever it’s ready instead of once per week, would provide additional incentive to log on daily to see what’s new.

+ tetsou9shima on April 29th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

I’m sooooo glad it’s moving to tuesday. This will be perfect for new psp releases…….What will I do Thursday now? I guess we still have Home updates thursday.

+ remanutd5 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

well im getting Fat Princess Fistful of Cake next tuesday for sure !!!

+ Fausk on April 29th, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

@KwietStorm
You’re absolutely correct.

+ Sonicfan11589 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Grace, I’m not sure if ur the right person to ask, but what’s with the blog.share lately, no new ideas are being posted, if u could answer or forward this to someone in some way who can, it be greatly appreciated. Thank u, can’t wait for tuesdays now, TGIT

+ poodude on April 29th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Lol, just realized I mean wierd, not wied.

+ SenileAssassin on April 29th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

So, I’m guessing the so called “Stimulus Package” is also going to be $15, just like it is on XBL, where millions of ponied up quarter of the full game price for three new maps and two old ones…

Pity…

+ FJ1100_rider on April 29th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

that’s good , but I won’t be able to play games downloaded on tuesdays until wednesday – tuesday is NCIS night .
of course on thursdays I had to wait until after 9pm to download anything because of survivor

how about next year it moves to sundays so I won’t have to worry about missing my shows ?

+ XOmegaGold on April 29th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Excellent news, now WE have the one up on XBL

+ stlthriot on April 29th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Sounds great and that way it coincides with new game releases! :D

+ iTofuMan on April 29th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Hopefully with this change Sony will be supporting the Psp? like putting classic we all know and love, Past psp games like: Crisis Core:Final Fantasy Vii, Phantasy Star Portable, The Naruto games, etc.

Anyway i hope either today update is a blast or at least Tuesday one, but i doubt it seeing as how you never truly support the Psp Psn!

+ Zepinephrine on April 29th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Sweet. My work week starts Friday morning. It irked me to know that new content was waiting for me that I couldn’t touch until Saturday.

+ Superstrokey1123 on April 29th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Great idea guys, glad you did it.

+ DragonMaxpower on April 29th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

and demos still releasing after Microsoft… (split/second for ex)

+ BiezulbubBill69 on April 29th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

This sucks! I get paid on Thursday nights so having the store update on Thursdays was PERFECT for me. :(

+ Subtenko on April 29th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

yea I liked it on thursdays too, near the end of the week and its like a reward kinda thing/something to look forward to.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on April 29th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Tuesday will be nice but you know what would really make ME happy? Bring the video store to Canada….

+ JKC31 on April 29th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Hockey starts at 7pm est. I don’t care what day just get the stuff out no latter than 5 pm est.

+ Anubis80 on April 29th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

@ 41 BiezulbubBill69

That is what I was just thinking about. Most of the US is paid either on Thursday or Friday. Why change the date to a day that pretty much no one gets paid on?

@16 poodude

I can careless who is to actually blame. I am not impressed with IW for their CoD games. But thanks for correcting me though.

+ NeoRaidenX on April 29th, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

We want Thursdays!! Tuesdays suck!

+ moose39 on April 29th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

Is it still the same time (~2pm PST)?

As a Rock Band player, this is very good news. I get to see the charts for DLC and not wait two days to buy it if I really like it :)

+ youlikepie on April 29th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

This is pretty big news! I like it!

I have a question though, would the Tuesday updates have any delays on certain dlc or would we get… say Rock Band dlc tracks the same day a “certain other platform” gets them? ;)

+ Reluctant-Hero on April 29th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

Finally! It’s about time we don’t have to longer than other digital distribution delivery systems (coughxboxlivecough)! Well done Grace & the rest of the PSN team!

+ Luks129 on April 29th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Tuesday is really better than Thursday. Keep up the good work.

PAGE 1 2 3 4