Bloodborne

PlayStation Network Video Content Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Apr 30, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – Time for this week’s video store updates.

PSN Video Store Deal of the Week

This week’s Deal of the Week collection (with titles up to 50% off) features Showtime‘s United States of Tara: Season 1, exciting episodes from Bleach-The Entry, and the last week of discounted episodes for Drawn Together Season 1, 2, and 3.

PSN Video Store Free TV

Be sure to visit ‘Free TV’ under TV Shows to download a free episode from Season 1 and 2 of Party Down and a unique recap of the popular show V.

PSN Video Store Just Reduced Movies

If you are looking for an inexpensive movie night this weekend, check out ‘Just Reduced Movies’ under New Releases. Bruno, Funny People, and A Perfect Getaway are now available, all for under $10.

Also new to the video store: George A Romero’s Survival of the Dead, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and Jonah Hex Motion Comics. Jonah Hex Comics is a new seven-part weekly episodic series which will lead up to the upcoming live-action theatrical release this summer, starring Josh Brolin and Megan Fox. Finally check out the trailer for ‘It’s Complicated’ now available on the video store, starring Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, and Steve Martin.

Have a great weekend!

31 Comments

+ Microshock on April 30th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

So is the video store going to update on Wednesdays now? Or…what?

+ Destiny89 on April 30th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

Please someone answer me.. will there ever be a video store for Canada? i seriously want to get tons of movies from PSN store :(

+ krae_man on April 30th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Whoever manages Sony Canada’s facebook page said it was coming “Early 2010″.

Aprils over so it looks like more delays. Its clearly not a priority.

+ emiru69 on April 30th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Sorry but your prices are way too high most of the time. Why paying for these movies in your store when I can find the same products 3 times cheaper out there. Also, flat rate will be great, at least for the tv shows. In abc.com for example, I can watch their episodes for free in HD, why should I pay for the same quality product? You guys really need to be more competitive.

+ unrealgamer38 on April 30th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Please put Dragonball z up.

I want to support the video store but how can I when you won’t put up the best anime ever?

+ krae_man on April 30th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

@emiru69

Ad supported streams are different then purchases.

+ Shroomhead_305 on April 30th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

It’s nice to see that the PSN Video Store has George A Romero‚Äôs Survival of the Dead but at the same time it sucks that it’s only for rent.

+ Fylian on April 30th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

I find it kinda funny that they just skimmed over the new George A Romero’s Survival of the Dead even though it is on PSN before hitting theatres!! I am definately going to rent that! http://twitpic.com/1jp9xd (<–MediaGo screenshot of summary)

+ rAdIOhEad73 on April 30th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Dear SONY I want to give you my money but this service is not available in Canada.
Do you want my Money SONY? is this something you might be interested in?

+ TheZed88 on April 30th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

@4 and @6

I download all my tv shows for free. Thus avoiding both ads and cost. But the video store is great for movies.

+ Mosh_Pit on April 30th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Movie Store for Canada please.

+ Ostaf52 on April 30th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

Fantastic!

I really enjoy United States of Tera.

+ eksMAN on April 30th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

party down! love that show

+ PataponKiller on April 30th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Too Bad I live in Canada

+ EMF_THEPUNISHER on April 30th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

so im goin to get free tv show????

+ NoSmoking1108 on April 30th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

CANADA!!!! I want the video content!!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ~~~

+ morris1129 on April 30th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

this crying about Canada is getting old…..

+ arnoldmcguire335 on April 30th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

Still asking for Disney Channel and Disney XD shows on PSN please.

+ i_am_the_Dude on April 30th, 2010 at 3:58 pm said:

CANADA… CANADA… CANADA… Why can’t we at least get the CBC shows on our ps3???!?!??!

Kidding.. but it would be nice if they would remove the ‘Iron’ curtain!

+ ExPresident on April 30th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

I really love the video store but Sony you need to read peoples comments and pay attention to being competitive.

Why on EARTH would I pay for episodes of V when I can watch it on Hulu free or catch it on free television (since ABC is free in HD with an antennae)? I mean seriously come on. Get with it, its really rather pathetic.

Also you people complaining about Canada not having the store need to call your representatives or whoever because Sony has said before its legal stuff in Canada. So post your comment here that Sony already knows about then call your reps.

FIX THE PRICES SONY.

+ Ghettocarpenter on April 30th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

What’s with the hd rental only on some selected movies. Also i would like an hd version of man on fire to own thank you.

+ artform-fazeone on April 30th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

Good update.. thanks…

+ fuzzyclutter on April 30th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

How much do you want make a bet that ….. YEP … Sure eneugh … Canadians screaming for a store . As i have said MANY TIMES BEFORE …. ITS NOT ENTIRELY SCEA’S DECISION . THE THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS OF THE VIDEOS ALSO HAVE TO BE ON BOARD . SCEA does not OWN the videos , they are simply licenced to distribute … a license of which HAS TERMS AND CONDITIONS within the UNITED STATES and any OUTSIDE DISTRIBUTION requires SCEA to to iron out any DRM issues with those suppliers … of which they may or may not approve . SONY CANNOT DO WHATEVER IT WANTS WITH VIDEOS .

+ NoSmoking1108 on April 30th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

fuzzyclutter, that’s why I yell “CANADA!!!! I want the video content!!!! “, not “SONY!!!! I want the video content!!!!” ^^

+ Therecanbe1 on April 30th, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

Grace,
How about some classic Jonny Quest from Hanna-Barbera Productions. Please

+ fuzzyclutter on April 30th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

It is also not the government of canada’s decision to make . it is the 3rd party suppliers . Now why dont 3rd party suppliers just hop on board already ? Typically anybody with creative content that wants to distribute in a region wants to be ensured of copyright protection and adequate enforcement within that region . I did a little bit of reading about canadian copyright laws and it appears to be much like the united states … with the exception of streaming content and digital distribution . Canadian laws are still playing catch up with digital distribution and has to as of yet to provide adequate laws and enforcement for content presented on that medium . Some regions will never see a store for that very reason .

+ PirateHarlock on May 1st, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

If sony wants larger “revenue streams” from its “streaming video” then it must expand the service outside the united states. PERIOD. its not a govermental decisiot its soley in the hands of sony and those distributors it licenses its movies & TV from. Pretending the rest of the world doesn’t exist is not a “win” for sony.

+ Velzorn on May 1st, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Grace,

Is there any plans to add Cartoon Networks righteous new show Adventure Time to the video store? If there isn’t there should be. What time is it? Time to add Adventure Time.

+ MadMeat001 on May 1st, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Can there be,
InvaderZim
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Samurai X
The addams familly

please?

oh and the Killzone anime (sorry don’t exist but i which it would one day)

+ tropicalskin on May 2nd, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

i just STOP ! I will only buy anything again from the PlayStation Store, if Sony puts the Video Store available in Canada !!!

+ Mies2000 on May 2nd, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

Please allow me to view ALL Purchases over Remote-Play!