PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake PSP hits PSN, UMD Today

Matt Morton's Avatar + Posted by Matt Morton on May 04, 2010 // Producer, Santa Monica Studio

Hello, Feasters of the Cake!

Huzzah and Hooray!
Fat Princess has released in a portable way!

With new maps and modes for the PSP,
On top of those already from the PS3!

Play along with your friends, or go online.
You’re guaranteed a most wonderful time!

The new stuff adds up to 50 percent!
You’ve got to admit, that’s rather quite decent!

Made by a talented team at SuperVillain,
You will soon find yourself playing again and again.

Battles are fierce, intense and quite fun!
Soon you too will cry “Cake for everyone!”

OK, OK…. I couldn’t help myself. I have been in quite a festive mood as we near the release of Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake. I couldn’t help myself from trying out a bit of prose. As you can see… I won’t be running off to publish any poetry books in the near future, but I WILL be playing Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake on my PSP. I’m very proud of this game and how well SuperVillain Studios brought all of the PS3 fun into the PSP. Plus they have added so much more to it with new game modes like Demolition, Jailbreak and Grim Reaper, plus the neat Dilapidated mode which adds a neat spin to any game. In Dilapidated mode, you must first repair the hat machines in order to get them operational! The new maps are great, too. They also created a longer story mode to introduce you to these new game elements and help you get familiar with the new surroundings.

There is so much to do and so much to play,
Before you know it, you’ll have finished your day!

Sorry about that… I will stop with the rhymes now. Promise.

In fact, I’m going to finish this up and go play Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake on my PSP. It’s a whole lot of fun in the palm of your hand!

(OK, one more)

Get Fat Princess now on your PSP,

Available for download or on UMD!! (for $19.99)

Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake for PSP (PSN or UMD)

51 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Jagr4Prez on May 4th, 2010 at 12:31 pm said:

first… gross.

+ Jetup on May 4th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Cant wait lol

+ ima_crash_u on May 4th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

their betta bee 4 demo launchez today too show sony meanz buisness on tuesdeyz where iz prince of persia,second split,ufc2010,mod nation racer demo, omg da list goez on N on I DNT PLAY GAMEZ letz get it poppin iron MAN!!!!!!!

+ adventfire on May 4th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

instead of telling us what’s going to hit psn today why dont you take that time to update the store

+ Glacier928 on May 4th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

@ima_crash_u
learn how to write before leaving comments on the blog

Now about Fat Princess, how much is it going to be?

+ Brapp347 on May 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

CANT WAIT!

+ Tengaport on May 4th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

How much is this going to be? Is it worth it as a single player game? I’ve never played the PS3 version, but I’m tempted to pick this up and check it out. thanks

+ acerazer1 on May 4th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

i would have liked to see remote play on the psn one, but maybe the online wouldn’t have worked very well? regardless, it’s such a great feature that no one uses. sigh.

+ Brapp347 on May 4th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

It’s a shame it got a 6/10…

+ SO_CALI420_o on May 4th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

yea what taking so dam long to update the store i want my Mw2 mappack now!!!!!

+ Plankfan on May 4th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Cake for Everyone! DO WANT!

+ MaDogNik96 on May 4th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

I kind of want this now. I love Fat Princess and my PSP is lonely. Any chance of the PSP maps coming to the PS3 version later down the road?

+ ima_crash_u on May 4th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

ii aint playin round letz get da gamez rollin B

+ LumarQQ on May 4th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

so bought

+ Mosh_Pit on May 4th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Any uncharted 2 bundle this week?

+ rogerwilco on May 4th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

I’ve waited for ages for news of this ditty
for I loved the first with lasses so tiny and bitty
so plumped up with goodies, they both looked quite pretty!
Whilst waiting I composed this ballad, so witty!

I’m thrilled to get feeding whilst I’m on the road
so the princess, too large, can’t leave her abode
I’m curious: where does she keep her commode?
I hope that the guards have a plunger near, stowed.

A portable fest for my friends numbering eight!
We’ll battle from dawn ’til it’s entirely too late.
Fat Princess is here, I consider that great,
to the towers and bridges, it’s time that they ate!

Matt Morton's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on May 5th, 2010 at 12:08 am said:

+ Chuckbait on May 4th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

psp-go is overpriced,
and this will probably be too.

I prefer PS Store updates on Thursdays,
HOW BOUT YOU?

+ depward on May 4th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

That was awesome!

+ Caspulex on May 4th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

Cool, so when do the maps and modes come to the important version?

+ Hrist on May 4th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

Congratulations on the launch of Fistful of Cake!

Oh, and for the record, I think the PSP Go is an awesome device. It lacks industry support, but it’s a wonderful machine nonetheless.

+ Frejim on May 4th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

digital content should be at least $4.99 cheaper than the UMD releases!

+ iTofuMan on May 4th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

I was actually hype for getting this game, but after watching videos (since i doubt we will get a demo) it doesnt seems that much entertaining!

anyway ill wait till its atleast 9.99$ on the Psn, since 19.99 seems too much for a game i might not even enjoy.

+ Brapp347 on May 4th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

20 bucks? oiyyyy…

+ LILBUDDY2000 on May 4th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Great game. Congrats on the release!

+ Crotin on May 4th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

extended single player, that’s awesome :)

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on May 4th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

My wife and myself have realy been looking forward to its release.

%100 picking up Fat Princess : Fist full of cake.

or as my wife likes to call it,

Fat Princess: The cupcake edition. (cause its the psp version)

:p

+ Jeeves_Tremor on May 4th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

what firmware is this going to require for us using the good old UMD?

+ megalodonshark on May 4th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

wow here it is nearly 4 P.M. CST and no update as of yet…
what in the world is it with you people waiting until late in the day all the time except last Thursday for your last update?
here is a novel idea…
try during daylight hours during the early afternoon across the country!!!

+ sTaB_u_N_uR_i on May 4th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

Almost forgot to ask, i know itll come with the same maps as the ps3 version, but is it the original maps? Will it also include the free maps that came with the updates?

Thanks.

(cant wait)

+ improperlyaged on May 4th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

ummmm again not to beat a dead horse or anything but y is the download the same price as the physical release copy???? yes it should be cheaper. and no not by $2. honestly if a game is 19.99 for umd the download shouldnt cost more than say 12.99 i think thats a fair price point. especially since ur basically strongarming pspgo owners on price point as there is no where else for them to purchase anything.

+ Fluidshine on May 4th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

I hope they start supporting the PS3 Fat Princess more now because this is the PSP version and it has more features! You know….it would be completely awesome if it had an actual campaign story like more than just like online games, but just against bots.

+ emiru69 on May 4th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

Any bundle of ps3 + psp version of the game? Thanks!

+ Brapp347 on May 4th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Just bought it. It’s alright, feels unpolished…

+ Ozumo on May 4th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Why is the blue guy feeding cake to the princess they are stealing? Isn’t that rather counter-productive?

+ emiru69 on May 4th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

hahaha You are so right Ozumo!! I didn’t realize that until you mention it. ^_^

+ TakumiM07 on May 4th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

The last bit with the princess going “that’s me! -eating sounds-” made me laugh. Great commercial!

+ CantaloupeKing on May 4th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

I used to be super-psyched for this game, but I don’t know if it will last significantly longer than the PS3 version did. I’d love to play the online, but I don’t have but one friend to Ad Hoc with. I could Infrastructure, but the lack of in-game chat really hurts. I thought, PS3 players didn’t use chat near as much…SURELY the PSP one will focus on chat. Still, looks fun, I might have to pick it up for cheap later.

+ remanutd5 on May 4th, 2010 at 9:56 pm said:

i bought it already , loved it but theres 1 thing i dont really like , why theres not a party system or at least the option to join our friends just like the ps3 version ? same thing in Motorstorm Arctic Edge , i cant play with my friends , i think sony should start thinking or at least taking that option into consideration for futute psp titles supporting infrastructure mode ,i hope we can race online with our friends in ModNation Racers

+ Kinney1 on May 4th, 2010 at 10:40 pm said:

$14.99 for PS3 Version…

$19.99 for PSP Version…

Something doesn’t seem right there, i’m going to wait for lower prices before I buy this game, don’t get me wrong the Fat Princess PS3 version is AMAZING, but spending more $$$ on it for a portable system is lame.

+ PPFabian on May 5th, 2010 at 6:49 am said:

It’s 20 dollars ffs, you all probably spend more than 20 on fast food each week. I got my copy of this game even tho I said
to myself I wouldn’t get it after being 1 month gap release between the EUR and US version then another 1 week delay.
Anyways I enjoyed the PS3 version so I just got it and I like it.
Seriously tho if you can’t afford a 20 dollar game or it’s you expensive people shouldn’t be gaming its a luxury. I do get pissed off when they cut the price of games when I had to pay the full price.
Hope people support this game and see more people online, and
maybe even some dlc in the future :p

+ Psikorps on May 5th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

I got it for my son, I agree it was disturbing to see the PSP version cost more than the PS3 version. But I live in Canada so my opinion means nothing to Sony. But they are always happy to take my money.

+ CyberChrist on May 5th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

So where’s the UMD version of this game? I have tons of Best Buys and Gamestops around me and not one store has gotten theirs in.

+ segadc_ on May 5th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

Will there ever be a demo? Would love to check this out. Thanks.

+ ace_of_PWN on May 5th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

reallllllyyyy no demo

+ iBlaarg on May 6th, 2010 at 7:06 pm said:

Yeah, I’m with Cyberchrist on this one, I’m surrounded by all places I.e. Best Buy, Gamestop, Target, Circuit City and still no UMD release. Seriously, I wanna feed princesses cake, WTF?

+ SPOOKULA209 on May 7th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

still not sure about this game, but I really liked the ps3 version I just don’t play my psp at home were I can utilize the online enough, plus it’s more expensive than the ps3 version. I have socom ftb 3 and I barely play that online. Might pick it up though still debating….

+ J-DANG on May 7th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

DLC should be cheaper…why are they the same price as the UMD? (UMD cost more to produce)

+ ace_of_PWN on May 7th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said: