Minecraft PS4

ModNation Racers PSP: Behind-The-Scenes

Vernon Mollette's Avatar + Posted by Vernon Mollette on May 04, 2010 // Producer, SCEA San Diego Studio

Hi everyone! I’m back with a quick behind-the-scenes look at ModNation Racers for PSP.

ModNation Racers PSP: Behind the ScenesModNation Racers PSP: Behind the Scenes

This video gives you a chance to meet the head of our programming staff and our art director and get our take on how it all came together. We’ll also give you an idea of some of our favorite parts of the game, such as the Track Studio and other Create tools!

Following this introduction we’ll start dropping some more behind the scenes vids that shows just what goes on “behind the curtain.”

ModNation Racers PSP: Behind the ScenesModNation Racers PSP: Behind the Scenes

Until then, enjoy this one and we’ll see you on the track May 25th!

35 Comments

+ Plankfan on May 4th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Cool!

+ Martc13 on May 4th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

i want both versions for psp and ps3 !!! :D

+ jipmg on May 4th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

visuals look just amazing.. I think the best on psp yet?

After a couple of months when and if sales die down, I think you guys should bundle the game, and push the franchise I’m sure kids and teens and even adults would love to get this game, I know I would

+ Zezzler on May 4th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Looks awesome UFG!
BTW, AWESOME 9.0 on IGN, it just goes to show the real talent of you guys. can’t wait for Release!

only 21 more days~

+ fiskycatcha on May 4th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

I will get this onw psp and ps3
NICE WORK

+ BlackMoney18 on May 4th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

can you upload your tracks and mods to the ps3?

+ TubaDude49 on May 4th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

By the way, I didn’t find it in the PSP demo, but can you raise and lower track like the PS3 version, or is it just flat.

+ TH3_Hammer_29 on May 4th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

ENOUGH! PS3 demo now, please… stop taunting us ;)

+ WWESuperstar on May 4th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

Wish I could afford this on PS3 and PSP on release day, but I have to give some money to Altus 3D Dot Games Heroes. I’ll go with PS3 on the 25th and pick the PSP version for sure some time next month =)

+ S-E-G on May 4th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

this should be a hot seller for psp
good job guys!
thanks

+ R1LEY62 on May 4th, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

Hey any plans for future DLC?

+ Brapp347 on May 4th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

the graphics are either really good or really bad…

+ S-E-G on May 4th, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

would be nice to have more connectivity between the PSP and PS3, could use the PSP as a rear view mirror, or have the karts locations on the track layout.

+ HTK on May 4th, 2010 at 6:27 pm said:

Man, now you guys are making me go out and re-buy a PSP!

Jack Tretton was right, he said Sony is here to capture your free time and he’s doing it again.

for those MNR Fans for PS3 and PSP please visit my little big community at:

wwww. playcreateandshare .com

lets create something?

+ zaltar on May 4th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

Awesome! Personally, I think that you should make a bundle with the PSP-Go, being as it hasn’t been given a bundle, nearly six months after the release of the platform.

Can’t wait to get this game on PS3 and PSP-Go!

+ MakulaTolkien on May 4th, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

I’m sold! Can’t wait!

+ ReIysis on May 4th, 2010 at 8:26 pm said:

I’m annoyed. Not because of a negative aspect of this game, but because I can’t decide what console to purchase it on.

+ Jasper20XX on May 4th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

I was not much of a fan of racers, until I played WipeOut Pure on 2007. I look forward to the games. I’m getting the PSP version, while my friend’s getting the PS3 one.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on May 4th, 2010 at 9:52 pm said:

This is great and the price is great too, U$30 can’t go wrong. I had more fun with the PSP demo than the PS3 beta. Hopefully the PS3 demo will bring in as much fun as the PSP demo has brought me.

+ TheGuardianFID on May 4th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

I’m getting both versions, so count me in, fantastic job on the games guys, congrats and thanks!!! 8)

+ dustyjack_ on May 5th, 2010 at 3:38 am said:

I just recently bought a ps3 and i’m very happy with it. I think it’s great. But how sad is it that i can’t watch any of the videos on the playstation blog using the ps3 browser. Cmon sony this is just embarrassing, get with it.

+ ima_crash_u on May 5th, 2010 at 4:51 am said:

mooooooooove iz so kool

+ remanutd5 on May 5th, 2010 at 6:02 am said:

please San Diego Studio / United Front , create a party system or have the option to join our friends in the psp version of the game , please theres a lot of psp titles that supports infrastructure but dont have the option to play with our friends ( Motorstorm Arctic Edge , Fat Princess Fistful of Cake and more ) i think more people would play psp games online if there were the option to play with our friends .

+ azetizzle on May 5th, 2010 at 6:03 am said:

I will get the PS3 version for sure! Maybe I will buy a PSP (again) just because of this game.

Will we be able to create tracks on our PS3s and share them with PSP users (and vice versa)? That would be awesome!

+ fedex682 on May 5th, 2010 at 6:09 am said:

I am getting both the PS3 version and PSP version!

+ BalramRules on May 5th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

wow! XD
AMAZING! XD
If the PSP had a frienz list i would’ve bought it, on DAY 1! 8)
But unfortunately it doesn’t, believe me, every1 will go mad & hyped ALL OVER IT!
C’mon Sony! WE NEED THIS FEATURE! =1

+ Letters2Kay on May 5th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

Drifting needs adjusted in the beta version. Hit the drift button and it’s essentially just a quick 90 degree turn. :(

+ xiked on May 5th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

Im very close to buy this game on both platforms…so close. Must save money. great to have this game when you travel whit your PSP.

NOW, IF a PSP2 is on the way, FIX a SECOND analog stick! FPS/TPS is not good without it.

+ dono_1994 on May 5th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

@kiked i disagree. play the epeace walker demo-it works well

+ iTofuMan on May 5th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

I cant wait for this to be release then it will give me a reason to turn on my psp again. Its nice to see people support the psp while sony does nothing.

+ THE_KING_TOP on May 5th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

Something very beautiful

+ DNAgent on May 5th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

I lost interest in this ever since the PSP version was announced. It just means less work will go into the PS3 version and on top of that I also here that the PSP version has features that the PS3 one doesn’t. This seems like it will be a rental at best.

+ ace_of_PWN on May 5th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

looks cool, but please, PLEASE PPLLEEAASSEE!!! make it $20.00

+ slitheen23 on May 8th, 2010 at 3:09 am said:

“I lost interest in this ever since the PSP version was announced. It just means less work will go into the PS3 version and on top of that I also here that the PSP version has features that the PS3 one doesn’t. This seems like it will be a rental at best”

Well I have to say I think you’re working on some silly logic there. It’s either two separate teams or a large studio split into two teams while pooling their resources – either way, I don’t think for moment they’d let the PS3 version go begging just because they’re simultaneously working on the portable version. What history do you back it up with? What PS3 game was severely lacking that came out on both formats? Show me a bad one and I’ll show you two that were good. The video clearly shows it was a labour of love for the dev team, even taking their work home with them. Perhaps you shouldn’t apply your own attitude towards work to people with a superior work ethic?

+ kevjersniper on May 16th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

has any one been haveing slow donws on the home page sony plz fix it plz