PS4-Watch_Dogs

ModNation Racers PSP Demo out May 11th

Vernon Mollette's Avatar + Posted by Vernon Mollette on May 06, 2010 // Producer, SCEA San Diego Studio

Hi everyone! I’m back again to give you a quick rundown of our ModNation Racers PSP Demo, which will be available on May 11th to everyone through the PSP Store on the PlayStation Network!

We were so stoked about all the cool things everyone has been saying about the game that we decided to put this demo out for everyone to get a little hands-on experience before hitting the track on May 25th, when the full game will be available. In this demo we included a couple of our favorite tracks, some familiar Mods and their karts, and of course, a sneak peek of our amazing Track Studio.

Modnation Racers PSP

To start you off we dropped in eight Elite and Pre-made Mods and their karts to light up a couple of new tracks, including Lost Temple and Flaming Jumps. Both tracks provide all the opportunities you need for Big Air, Long Smooth Drifts, and lots of weapons to keep the action hot!

Again, with all of your comments about our Track Studio, we had to give you a little taste of creative freedom in our Alpine theme. With so many options for making each track unique and all your own, and so many track parts available we had to limit it in this specific demo, but we think you’ll really get the idea on all the possibilities available in the full version.

Modnation Racers PSP

Thanks again for all of the support you all have shown us. We hope you have as much fun playing the demo as we did making it.

84 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ jbsmooth7 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

I’m pretty sure most people got this like 2 weeks ago with Qore and the fact that demo codes were emailed to everyone on the modnation email list. A PS3 version would be nice.

+ mrfight67 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

Wow it’s nice seeing those tracks overhead, played them on the email-code demo and they’re fun :)

BTW, is this coming to Europe on the same date too?

Looking forward to the game, still don’t know what version im going to get though, and i may just be tempted to get both :p

+ cloud6843 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Is a ps3 demo coming

+ Curtisio on May 6th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

I got this demo early. I couldn’t get the demo make tracks and the objects in the menu where too small to tell what I was picking. Finally, I’d try putting houses and trees, but it didn’t “draw” a forest or town… you position one house or tree at a time. I did not enjoy my experience.

+ AnthonyTonyMagic on May 6th, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

I hope the demo is coming to other regions too. I couldn’t use my demo code last week because I’m on PSN Asia

Looking forward to the full game though

+ DRESTAK on May 6th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

already got the demo,its amazing …. 19 Days Until Release wuju!!!!

+ DlocDaBudSmoka on May 6th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

played the demo already. was awesome, now a ps3 demo needs to release. any word of when or if that will happen?

Or talk to the powers that be and have them make it happen, you can doo eet.

+ nala510 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

A ps3 version would be really nicee! :]

+ kuki16 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

I have already demo too. It was awesome.
Will be demo on PS3? I want buy PS3 version.

+ KazeEternal on May 6th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

you guys are putting a ton of focus on the PSP version of this game. Please do not neglect the PS3 version. I can understand the high focus, but I’d like to really see both copies succeed and lopsided focus in marketing is going to kill one of these versions I can feel it.

Anyway when can we expect a PS3 demo?

I have the PSP Demo already (Via email) it was nice…. No idea how to make tunnels and bridges on the PSP version though. But the map creation is interest and fun to test out.

+ TH3_Hammer_29 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

I gave my code away for this weeks ago. I have no plans on getting a PSP, but more info about when we can get our hands on the PS3 demo would be great.

+ Reigncloud777 on May 6th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

PS3 demo? Yes please…

+ SacTownSharksFan on May 6th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Received the code via e-mail about 2 weeks ago for PSP version and have been playing the PS3 beta since December. You will fall in love with this game the second you start playing it.

+ CapinChronic on May 6th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I got my MNR PSP demo last week and its pretty sweet… cant wait for the full game.

+ krae_man on May 6th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Is there anyone you havn’t already emailed a early access code too?

I have like 6 of them for gods sake.

+ J-DANG on May 6th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

Give us the PS3 demo; nobody cares about the PSP.

+ poodude on May 6th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

I didn’t enjoy they PSP demo too much, but that’s only because I just find my PSP to only be comfortable for playing Locoroco 2. I’m more excited for the PS3 version, will we be getting a demo for that?

+ iTofuMan on May 6th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Wait will this be a different demo from the one that i got from that e-mail? or will it be the same thing?

+ Gino8 on May 6th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

demo was awesome. cant wait for the full game. thanks for the demo

+ BlackMoney18 on May 6th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Hey any info on a ps3 demo comeing out? I think it would have been better for you guys to put the demo out for the ps3 first just because more people are excited for the ps3 version.

+ Frejim on May 6th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

I got the email. But I wont use the code, any1 interested here is it:

DFPP-HGBN-H7L5

+ megalodonshark on May 6th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

my son, who is 6 years old loves nothing more than racing games. once i give him the opportunity to play this he is gonna be bouncing off the walls for weeks especially since he has summer vacation coming up in about a month. i am firmly believing he is going to ignore most of his ps1 and ps2 racers to get with it for psp racing games, and the almost certain permanent loss of my psp to him… LOL!

+ Mr_Honda on May 6th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

Definitely will be downloading the demo on this one.

+ Sonicfan11589 on May 6th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

Can’t wait for this demo!

+ artform-fazeone on May 6th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

This is looking good, San Diego Studio… THE FAZEONES LOUNGE

+ Wiscompton on May 6th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Sweet! You know what would also be cool? The ability to use my PSP as a rear view mirror or mini-map for the PS3 version.

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on May 6th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

hello, ps3 demo please… cause not all of us bought LBP GOTY,

+ bushisprez on May 6th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

PS3 DEMO please more than 30+ people agree with me SONY!

+ WWESuperstar on May 6th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

I played the PSP demo from QORE. I love it. I play the same two levels over and over and it’s still so much fun. MNR FTW!

+ BlindMango on May 6th, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

can’t wait for this game on the PS-Triple, is that a PixelJunk Racers track? lol. sweet!

+ etur0 on May 6th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

like what allot of people are say where is the ps3 demo? when will it come out? will there ever be one?

+ TH3_Hammer_29 on May 6th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

The natives are getting restless for a PS3 demo. We’re about to drop our “We Love MNR!” signs and grab our pitchforks and torches. You know how gamers can be. Feed us! :)

+ TubaDude49 on May 6th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

I have been playing it and it is really fun. Great job guys.

+ Skant on May 6th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

I’m becoming afraid that the PS3 version of this game is getting abandoned.

Personally, I think PSP games should be PSP games and PS3 games should be PS3 games. Whenever you have a game for both platforms, it’s generally pretty lame on the PSP. Obviously, it could never stack up to a PS3 version. There’s a different style to what kind of game is great on a hand held.

So yeah… I’m worried they’re shifting this over to PSP where it will die miserably because this kind of game should be a PS3 game.

+ Woollymonster73 on May 6th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

ps3 demo anytime soon?

+ Keyeszx on May 6th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

I really want a PS3 demo. I feel constricted on the PSP version.

+ ace_of_PWN on May 6th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you,thank you

+ georgecat315fat on May 6th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

The PSP demo was actually pretty bad. I want a PS3 demo so I can see how much it improved since the beta.

+ Kchow23 on May 6th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

how about PS3 Demo?

+ wolfzero1 on May 6th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

no PS3 demo? even though I’m getting it, it would be nice to play around with it before the 25th

+ EZpickens on May 6th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

I’m glad this is coming out on PSP. While I loved the PS3 beta, it’s not really a game I care to spend time playing on my PS3. I’ll use my PS3 for Motorstorm and Gran Turismo. I’ll be getting Mod Nation for my PSP Go.

+ RyuuNoSekai on May 6th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

i will be surprised if my psp does NOT explode. i look forward to this!

+ juggalorider on May 6th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

which core has it? i thought it was this mounths qore, but then i saw these an was like WTF, qore 4 may isn’t out yet an i won’t these demo KNOW!

+ SUPERGAMER247 on May 6th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

@ 43 I don’t know which qore but the demo wasn’t that good

+ juggalorider on May 6th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

@44 ok but that dosn’t mean i won’t like it, an whats the website for this game, i tried WWW. modnationracer .COM but it takes me to some youtube profle

+ ndw4 on May 6th, 2010 at 5:50 pm said:

ehh why not a PS3 demo?

+ Burnboy24 on May 6th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

I’ve had this demo for the last 2 weeks or so. Its a pretty cool demo. The only thing I didn’t like about it is the steering. Otherwise, its good game to take on the road.

+ juggalorider on May 6th, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

@burnboy24 how did you get it? i look on my PS3 store at the Qore descriptions an none of them say it has the modnation racer demo for psp

+ TLA362 on May 6th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Cant wait to get my hands on this demo!
I am definetely going to get this game sometime or another. Looks very promising.

+ Kirkpad on May 6th, 2010 at 6:59 pm said:

Looks like I’ve had the demo voucher in my inbox since the 26th!

What a coincidence considering I just got a PSPgo!

PAGE 1 2