PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Final Fantasy IX Coming Soon to PlayStation Store

Ami Blaire's Avatar + Posted by Ami Blaire on May 07, 2010 // Vice President of Marketing, Square Enix

Following up to the fan favorite release of FFVII and FFVIII, PS3 and PSP owners will have a new and exciting opportunity to immerse themselves, once again, into the world of Final Fantasy.

Considered by many gamers to be a must-play title for any RPG fan, FFIX will soon to be available for North American fans via the PlayStation Network. If you missed Final Fantasy IX during the early PlayStation era, or are dreaming of reliving the time-tested FFIX adventure, your chance is coming soon.

Sit tight and keep your eye on the PlayStation.Blog for important announcement information, including the release date, coming soon!

163 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Molo8001 on May 28th, 2010 at 6:30 am said:

im getting a $20 PSN card this coming week, adding the funds to my PSN account and not buying ANYTHING until Final Fantasy IX is out on the North American PSN store then i buy FF-IX!!!! I would also enjoy Digimon World 3 on the PSN and thank you PlayStation for putting BomberMan Fantasy Race on there i was wanting that ever since i played the original but couldn’t buy it

+ Professor_Otaku on May 31st, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

I really don’t know what’s going on with PSN. FFIX is already out in EU, but US doesn’t have it yet??? What’s the deal with that? Is the US not GOOD enough for a release of FFIX??? Check your PSN people… EVERYONE else has FFIX, but not US.

+ Xodibsi on May 31st, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

should we be expecting it to drop tomorrow im going to be very effin angry if its not :( cause im going on a trip and need something to occupy my time while we are getting there >:|

+ Xodibsi on May 31st, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

should we be expecting it to drop thrus im going to be very effin angry if its not :( cause im going on a trip and need something to occupy my time while we are getting there >:|

+ red_alert360 on June 1st, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

Anxiously waiting its release here in the US. Come on, where’s my PSN update????

+ micah150 on June 1st, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

ps3 does everything? i believe not!

+ Vesuvius420 on June 1st, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

WHERE IS IT?!?!?! SERIOUSLY HOW HARD IS IT TO RELEASE IT TO NORTH AMERICA?!?!!? ITS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!!!!!!

+ Professor_Otaku on June 1st, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

I totally agree with you, Vesuvius420. Japan has had FFIX for 2 months and Europe has had it for about a month. Where in the world is US’s FFIX??? It’s already in english (EU version), so just freaking give us the the download already… *sheesh*

+ micah150 on June 1st, 2010 at 10:14 pm said:

i bought a ps3 just to play the classics, just to find out that ps3 have little selection. figures that yea would lie about. just another market trick.

+ Deoxyslover on June 3rd, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

Europe and Japan already have it out. So are you not going to release the date until the day before or the day it comes out like japan did? I want to know the date.

+ Deoxyslover on June 3rd, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

Checked it no final fantasy ix on my store! i wanna know whats taking them so long i just figured out japan got it may 20th and europe got it may 26th we should’ve gotten it on the 24th we always get things before eurpoe. Now I figured out that just knowing the date isn’t going to help matters at all. It would be nice to get a heads up though. Does it really take that long to release it in USA or have you guys cancelled the idea?

+ Elvick_ on June 4th, 2010 at 2:08 am said:

Best Final Fantasy on the Playstation.

+ Professor_Otaku on June 5th, 2010 at 12:42 am said:

Hey everyone. I just found out the REAL release date for Final Fantasy IX (FFIX)!!! *drum roll* !!!NEVER!!! The “big wigs” at Playstation are sitting on their hands and not releasing FFIX to the U.S.! Well… at least that’s what I think is going on. How else would you explain the LONG LONG LONG wait for FFIX?? I’m telling you, everyone. Don’t hold your breath. We aren’t getting FFIX anytime soon. I’ve just about given up waiting for a game that was release MONTHS ago in both Japan and Europe. Take it from me, move on and just play other RPGs… FFIX isn’t coming.

PAGE 1 2 3 4