Uncharted 4

May 10

May 10

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3 Officially Announced for Winter 2010!

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

I’m pleased to share some exciting news involving our crafty, stitched-together character we all know and love – that’s right, I’m talking about the one and only Sackboy. Today, we are officially announcing that our cloth friend and all of his fellow Sack-people will be back for a completely new adventure in LittleBigPlanet 2, which will be released later this year for PS3!

LittleBigPlanet established the Play, Create, Share creative gaming genre and we can’t thank the fans and critics enough for the praise and support we’ve received. The game continues to grow and evolve, helped by countless players around the globe. In fact, the sharing nature of the game has become so embraced, it has attracted fans to publish more than two million levels to the PlayStation Network since the award-winning game was released!

To show you what you can expect from LittleBigPlanet 2, here’s an exclusive look at our spanking new trailer:

So, what can you expect from LittleBigPlanet 2?

First of all, it’s developed by Media Molecule, the extremely talented team that brought you the first game, so you know you’re going to get a special experience. LittleBigPlanet 2 will provide a whole new collection of tools and rules for fans to Play, Create, and Share, including an evolved approach to control and customization that has never been seen before.

LittleBigPlanet has always empowered users to create their own levels by utilizing the same tools as the development team. Now in LittleBigPlanet 2, we’ve upped the ante, giving players the ability to not only make better levels, but completely new games – think top-down racing games, multiplayer shooters, flying side-scrollers, RPGs, etc. The possibilities are really endless.

LBP2 will also have a loads of new features, including revamped graphics, a fresh storyline, added accessories and equipment for Sackboy, and much, much more – trust me I’m only scratching the surface here!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9

deathkingdome said:

May 10th, 6:43 am

Awesome news.

G-Force08 said:

May 10th, 6:43 am

As this has been expected and already announced through other media, I am not surprised. But that’s not to say, I am not very pleased. I AM very very pleased :D

Sony continues to bring revolutionary gaming to it’s platforms and this is just another sure to be great title to add to that list. The many overhauls and improvements from the first already awesome LBP no doubt will make this a great game as well. 10x better than the first! (pick up a game informer or read some online articles to see why)

I for one can not wait. Maybe I’ll be fortunate enough to be drafted in a beta if there is one. Awesomeness. :)

Darkrube said:

May 10th, 6:43 am

wow.. i can’t wait!!!!!

Dice_for_Death_ said:

May 10th, 6:45 am

Looks to be very engaging.

Korbei83 said:

May 10th, 6:45 am

Mind boggling.

remanutd5 said:

May 10th, 6:45 am

wow , superb news but i really wonder what sony have in store this E3 , i mean you guys already announced what i could consider the biggest psp game announcement and now Little Big Planet 2 for the ps3 , wow , i just hope you guys dont forget about your hardcore audience , please dont make the show all about playstation move , Killzone 3 , Resistance 3 , Motorstorm 3 , inFamous 2 better be there lol

krae_man said:

May 10th, 6:48 am

More Play this time please. Some of us suck at creating.

Fluidshine said:

May 10th, 6:48 am

OMG I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

dotCody said:

May 10th, 6:49 am

YEAH! LITTLEBIGPLANET 2! I’M ON BILLY MAYS MODE!

SPOPS said:

May 10th, 6:50 am

Can’t freaking wait… I just really hope that we see more non-costume DLC for this game then the first one.

B1GG1N said:

May 10th, 6:50 am

Fantastic! You can mark me down as a sell.

oldcatsrock said:

May 10th, 6:50 am

Sweet, 2 looks amazing,

MGO_Count said:

May 10th, 6:51 am

BEAUTIFUL T_T

gema11981 said:

May 10th, 6:51 am

WOW Awesome !! I cant wait !! I loved the trailer too !

Seafea_ said:

May 10th, 6:52 am

Whatever happened to water levels for LBP? Are they still coming? Will LBP costumes be compatible with LBP2?

Stinkinmushroom said:

May 10th, 6:56 am

That music is so awesome. Please ask Sony to release the soundtrack of LBP1 and 2 on PSN!

eatthemall said:

May 10th, 6:56 am

Wow

virgils_mustache said:

May 10th, 6:57 am

Passion Pit! Awesome choice of music. This game looks absolutely amazing! GOTY?

Alic44 said:

May 10th, 6:57 am

Oh my god! The game is completely backwards compatible! More than two million levels at launch! And those mice look so lifelike — can we actually build stuff like that?

All those camera angles implies to me that there will be Playstation Move support… I suppose they could just use a new button to move things on the z axis, but moving stuff around with the motion controller would be a lot more interesting, and probably ten times faster.

If this game has good Move support, it will be a better set of game making tools than most professional developers have!

ptuck874 said:

May 10th, 6:59 am

i just jizzed! thanks!!

Unknown_Hero said:

May 10th, 6:59 am

GAME OF THE FOREVER!

Loki_d20 said:

May 10th, 7:01 am

*clunk*

That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.

Absolutely can’t wait for this. This game is the most fun I’ve had playing with my family members, I can’t wait to play more games with them in LBP2.

J-DANG said:

May 10th, 7:03 am

What about all the DLC from the first game; will they be usable in this one? I spend way too much money on the first game it’ll be ashamed if it’s not. Great news though!

SykoTech said:

May 10th, 7:04 am

This has the potential to be the greatest game ever created.

I was hestiant about a sequel to LBP because of all the possiblities of the original. But these advances have completely changed my mind. And all the levels from the original are brought over too?!

I’ll never doubt Media Molecule again.

Day 1.

DeathGazer said:

May 10th, 7:04 am

Wow Wow WOW!!!

Top down racers, shoot’em ups, brick breakers…you guys have REALLY opened things up here. AND it’s backwards compatible with the 3 million levels from LBP, but with better visuals???

I’ll say it again. WOW!

MGSTigerFox said:

May 10th, 7:06 am

I first learned about this from some rumblings going on in Sony’s Gamer Advisory Panel about an article on Destructoid, and now an official confirmation a few days later! This is incredibly awesome! I was one of the lucky folks who got to beta test LittleBigPlanet, and I fell in love with the game right off the bat with the opening intro. I recall there were a lot of connection issues when playing with other people online, and I expect the same to hold true today. LBP was amazing, but I think LittleBigPlanet 2 has the potential to be INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! I want to make some 3D platforming games so much… I can’t wait to see what lies in store later this year!!!!!!! =)

Lambrick said:

May 10th, 7:10 am

@50 awesome, thank you so much for the song info, i was just about to ask about that.

if any game deserves a well made sequel, it’s LittleBigPlanet. i’m sure the folks at MM will do justice to this great series (i can say series now!).

deafwing said:

May 10th, 7:11 am

MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D THAT’S ALL they need to do to succeed with LBP. Just give us more and more and more options.

HazzSkillz said:

May 10th, 7:11 am

I just wish the Online play would be better than in LBP 1 and more stable!

Chipper said:

May 10th, 7:11 am

I had heard earlier about it as a rumor but now confirmed I can’t even begin to described how stoked I am but also sad because it just means the kids are going to hog the PS3 again.

Nynja said:

May 10th, 7:14 am

WOW

Mooshywooshy said:

May 10th, 7:14 am

I heard of custom Voice Acting. Confirm or Deny

roseofmayix said:

May 10th, 7:15 am

Owning ModNation Racers just became pointless. Why bother when you can just get LBP2? I kid of course, but my incenitive to want to buy MR has dropped since LBP2 is implementing new racing stuff.

Okay. We knew this was coming since Steven Fry mentioned it on his twitter many moons ago.

I actually figured you’d wait til E3 to show it off, but I’m very pleased you came out with it earily! =D

LBP2 is also supposed to use the PlayStation Move. I can’t wait to see how this turns out. It may be the definitive reason to own a Move.

LBP2 = Goty. I can feel it. CAN NOT WAIT!

Enforcer_X said:

May 10th, 7:15 am

Consider it already purchased!
EPIC!

Kluzot said:

May 10th, 7:16 am

Hi !

Yes it sounds very nice but the new title is really boring.

nino1911 said:

May 10th, 7:21 am

i cant believe how awesome its looks i mean oh my god space invaders they made it and so much more first day buy

HelghastDancer said:

May 10th, 7:22 am

Hello…
I played the first one, but I had a lot of problem in finding cool levels online, and as we can see on the web these days there is a lot of technics for you guys to make it easy for us to find the hottest levels on the “MM Servers” (like is easy for you to find a cool new video on youtube).
But what a got is two good questions, and I please hope that you guys answer it:
What about water? Will it be on LBP2?
What about Disney Caracters DLC? Will it be on LBP2?

mao2107 said:

May 10th, 7:25 am

OMG this are great news

Subtenko said:

May 10th, 7:27 am

WOWZERS!!!! This is AMAZING!!! Thank you Sony and MM! Im gonna continue to stick with you guys cause you always have the coolest games imo =) Glad Sony devs arent lazy, you got my day 1 purchase for sure!

ndw4 said:

May 10th, 7:28 am

This is crazy!

Link01 said:

May 10th, 7:28 am

why isn’t winter here yet

Subtenko said:

May 10th, 7:29 am

Oh btw, PLEASE tell us something about SACKBOY PLUSHIES and MERCHANDISE!? please? =(

I’ll take anything,even mc donalds toys, but I really want an official plushie

krae_man said:

May 10th, 7:30 am

@Link01

It bloody snowed on Saturday here.

Rinaldus91 said:

May 10th, 7:33 am

This is the best Monday ever.

sepijooon said:

May 10th, 7:33 am

WOW, JUST WOW, DAY ONE

Imputed7-14 said:

May 10th, 7:35 am

Alright gang let’s not get carried away her…Holy cow, is that sack girl riding something that is shooting enemies…are those little sackbot things following that player…grappling hooks, there are grappling hooks!?!…top down racers!?!…TOP DOWN MOUSE RACER?!?…dancing, oh there is dancing!?!

…You know what I am with #89. Wowzers is the only word that is appropriate. You all make the best stuff and your best stuff allows me to make my best stuff. My only question is can I preorder it today?

Heisem said:

May 10th, 7:39 am

LBP2 thanks! congrats Mm!!

Alee634 said:

May 10th, 7:39 am

Yes! The ability to customize your levels/games looks awesome.

r-nice said:

May 10th, 7:39 am

Looks fantastic. I suppose we’ll get more at E3?

GoldenGotGame said:

May 10th, 7:42 am

First things first. ARE YOU GUYS EVER GOING TO FIX THE PS3 BROWSER? It’s a damn shame that I can’t watch VIDEOS on the PSBLOG when I’m on my PS3, come on now. my PC is out of commission, so is there another way to view this video right now? I MUST SEE THIS VIDEO BEFORE I GO TO WORK, PLEASE ANSWER.

Now, to comment on LBP2. This isn’t a complaint, but I, like many others, thought it was pretty cool that MM was touting LBP as sort of a platform in of itself, where you could keep building upon it. I guess the limitations proved that there was a need for a sequel. Maybe LBP2 will be the platform that LBP was meant to be. I say bring it on! I have not created a level, but I’ve enjoyed hundreds of the created ones on LBP, not to mention the cool DLC, free and paid for (Kratos, Nariko & Kai, Rorshach, Altair, Cole, Jack Sparrow, Raiden & Snake, and plenty others), and I still plan on getting the Incredibles pack. *Please bring Spidey to LBP and LBP2* Where was I? Oh, I wish you guys much success, and I hope you have a great marketing plan in mind! I look forward to seeing what the community can create with these new tools.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 9