Farpoint

May 10

May 10

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3 Officially Announced for Winter 2010!

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

I’m pleased to share some exciting news involving our crafty, stitched-together character we all know and love – that’s right, I’m talking about the one and only Sackboy. Today, we are officially announcing that our cloth friend and all of his fellow Sack-people will be back for a completely new adventure in LittleBigPlanet 2, which will be released later this year for PS3!

LittleBigPlanet established the Play, Create, Share creative gaming genre and we can’t thank the fans and critics enough for the praise and support we’ve received. The game continues to grow and evolve, helped by countless players around the globe. In fact, the sharing nature of the game has become so embraced, it has attracted fans to publish more than two million levels to the PlayStation Network since the award-winning game was released!

To show you what you can expect from LittleBigPlanet 2, here’s an exclusive look at our spanking new trailer:

So, what can you expect from LittleBigPlanet 2?

First of all, it’s developed by Media Molecule, the extremely talented team that brought you the first game, so you know you’re going to get a special experience. LittleBigPlanet 2 will provide a whole new collection of tools and rules for fans to Play, Create, and Share, including an evolved approach to control and customization that has never been seen before.

LittleBigPlanet has always empowered users to create their own levels by utilizing the same tools as the development team. Now in LittleBigPlanet 2, we’ve upped the ante, giving players the ability to not only make better levels, but completely new games – think top-down racing games, multiplayer shooters, flying side-scrollers, RPGs, etc. The possibilities are really endless.

LBP2 will also have a loads of new features, including revamped graphics, a fresh storyline, added accessories and equipment for Sackboy, and much, much more – trust me I’m only scratching the surface here!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

Dalejrfanfreak said:

May 10th, 9:03 am

Well this trailer confirms my PS3 will become an even bigger money pit later this year. I can’t wait to make some racing levels!!!!

FireZombie said:

May 10th, 9:08 am

Nice!

MeanMrMustard said:

May 10th, 9:10 am

I just heard that song for the first time the other night. I thought I was just tripping really hard, but it actually does sound like that. So I searched them on YoutTube, and WoW, what a great band Passion Pit is.

SyphonFilter- said:

May 10th, 9:19 am

nice song

thegiblet75 said:

May 10th, 9:27 am

Consider my mind blown…

Loy310 said:

May 10th, 9:27 am

The old man at 1:02 into the trailer is wearing a 3D glasses is that a hint? :D

piXL said:

May 10th, 9:33 am

Thought, Mm said there would never be a LBP2, ’cause anything else couldn’t continue this outstanding story. Seems that things have changed.

sdmf4ever said:

May 10th, 9:33 am

Don’t get me wrong; this is great news, but was there really a need for a new sequel for this franchise. Really all this game needed was to have updates for fixes or upgrades to the design and all the DLC we could hope for….really! I am sure there are some new features you could add; and I hope the new features don’t only consist of Playstation Move controls. Aside from this, I am excited to hear that there is going to be a sequel and do hope that the new features instituted into the new game are mindblowingly surreal or jawdropping…I am sure the graphics and mechanics will be….let’s just hope that all the new features add to the already stellar gameplay and are not just tacked on for show or what could have been in the first….NEW NEW PLEASE!!!

BTW – FANTASTIC GAME MEDIA MOLECULE….KEEP IT UP!!!

KIDamazin said:

May 10th, 9:35 am

I love MM! Gotf confirmed! Also, When will this trailer be available on the store in glorious HD? I do wants it.

Reinheart said:

May 10th, 9:36 am

Knew this was coming out but damn the video is nice… /drool
I guess once this comes out I’m going to have fights with wife again for staying on LBP too much…

saintaqua said:

May 10th, 9:37 am

Oh my gosh, this is more exciting than a new final fantasy!!

Please make sure this game is ready this year, if it got bumped to next year I think I’d die of impatience.
(Is that Tinker Bell?)

This looks so amazing. I cannot wait.

toology01 said:

May 10th, 9:38 am

Seriously? I must be dreaming. Blew my mind. RPGs? Day 1 buy for me. Also will all my purchased costumes and level packs (pirates of the caribbean level pack etc.) still work?

NBhatt said:

May 10th, 9:38 am

It would be great if they made an upgrade pack from LBP1 to LBP2 at a lower price point through PSN or retail…

Sparky_117 said:

May 10th, 9:40 am

It’s awesome that Media Molecule is making a sequel to LBP, just the only thing I don’t know is whether or not if every single costume piece, sticker, and object we collected throughout the original game as well as any paid add-on content will be transferable to LBP2. Will that option be in the game?

Slitherydemon said:

May 10th, 9:40 am

AWESOME! but will it also be compatible with store bought costumes too?

joostin said:

May 10th, 9:45 am

I loved LBP 1, Made a few levels. My best was “Sackboy Adventures: A Very Sackish Christmas!” The freedom in design was unbelievable, but I was always hoping for a patch to make smarter NPC’s, bigger levels, different viewing aspects. And what happens? LBP2! Looks like it has everything I could want that was missing from LBP 1. Great work Media Molecule and Sony! Kudos! Day 1 Buy fo sho!

Kchow23 said:

May 10th, 9:47 am

I hope Mm took a few notes from Modnation racers on creating levels and surpassed it

SystemIsGod said:

May 10th, 9:51 am

Wow, this is unexpected. When I clicked the trailer I was like..eh, but I actually was like, Awwww. (make sense? lol)
Needless to say I loved the first one, number 2 will be great.

letherclad said:

May 10th, 9:54 am

The trailer honestly brought tears to my eyes, thanks guys! can’t wait!

On a side note, why are you guys making all these big announcements (LBP2 and the new GOW) before E3? Trying to avoid stuff from being leaked again or a sign that there are even bigger announcements being saved for E3?

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

May 10th, 9:56 am

ONE QUESTION:

CAN I BE IN THE BETA, AGAIN?????!!!!????

Revelboy said:

May 10th, 9:56 am

this is the best news EEEVEEEER!!!, MM <3; please tell me the DLC's costumes from the 1st game gonna be compatible too?

sdmf4ever said:

May 10th, 10:00 am

You might as well disregard my last post……I suppose I should have watched the video first……..this game is going to be AWESOME!! Actually being able to make your own games instead of just levels…that is FAMTASTIC!!! Digital Puppetry……my mouth just hit the floor MM. You may have just outdone yourself this time. To think you couldn’t come up with something even more outstanding then the first……I am ashamed of myself for even doubting. All hail the almighty and powerful MM…

Just love what you did with the tribute to the Space Invaders-esque level design, the block breaking, space shooter, and the rat races and cart races……OUTSTANDING!

The song is just GREAT too!!!

This has just hit the top spot on my pre-order list…..YAY!

UnholierThanThou said:

May 10th, 10:01 am

Hell Effin’ YESSSS!!!! I can’t WAIT for thiiiiis!!! And from what I’ve heard about creating circuitry, I’m really looking forward to the inevitable creation of emulators in this game! I mean, you KNOW that SOMEONE is going to create a 2600 or a Master System or SOMETHING using these capabilities! THANK YOU, MM!!! =D

BRIT-KO said:

May 10th, 10:05 am

Excellent Monday news, currently playing The GOTY Edition & love it, bring on the end of the year is all I can say!

Ahmed13 said:

May 10th, 10:08 am

this trailer was just pure GENIOUS… like amazingly genius… i am in awe

hanyPS said:

May 10th, 10:10 am

what about the psp?
is there lbp 2 psp

SmokeAdellic said:

May 10th, 10:13 am

I need a moment yall……..i think i almost felt a tear drop.

HBKM said:

May 10th, 10:16 am

Great use of MUSIC for the excellent trailer. And Passion Pit has a lot of other great songs besides that one!

NayNayMan said:

May 10th, 10:17 am

I think i jizzed in my pants alittle watching this…………………………..

But the music was annoying…

CANT WAIT =D

L2-C2 said:

May 10th, 10:18 am

OMG LBP just went from create your own platformer to create whatever your creativity takes you. WOW! Just lost my mind off this trailer knowing well they will put out a better 1 sooner or later.

SmokeAdellic said:

May 10th, 10:21 am

@176
I 4got 2 mention…….

P.S. THE MUSIC WAS AWESOME!!!

AnthonyTonyMagic said:

May 10th, 10:33 am

That video exceeded my expectations. I knew that it would be good, but the new engine looks very very good. I’m thinking that this could be my first day one purchase, as I normally wait a while.

Just a few things though… will there be an upgrade available for original game owners who have already invested a lot in the platform?
Also, will LBP2 contain all the DLC from LBP1?

The game looks really amazing. I hope it has good move integration and 3D too :)

anotherdae said:

May 10th, 10:37 am

So when is the Marvel DLC coming?

UnrulyCat- said:

May 10th, 10:42 am

Victory is ours!

ace4lyfeclint said:

May 10th, 10:44 am

Love it can wait to play this game SICK BAD!!!!

spunnups said:

May 10th, 10:44 am

I think my brain just exploded. LBP was Day 1 and so will LBP2.

BananaFish said:

May 10th, 10:46 am

Please Please PLEASE give us fully integrated CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS!!! TYVM

Chuckbait said:

May 10th, 10:47 am

Looks great. When do we hear about the use of Playstation Move with this title?

Chuckbait said:

May 10th, 10:47 am

Oh, and custom soundtracks would be awesome indeed.

iTofuMan said:

May 10th, 10:51 am

Please make a Little Big Planet 2 for psp!

the first one was awesome just to me it was a bit short, but i havent really gotten to customized yet, but it was a great game.

So please make a little big palanet 2 for psp!

TheTwelve said:

May 10th, 10:54 am

SO excited.

Scarecrow-- said:

May 10th, 10:59 am

Thank you SCEE/SCEA for supporting MM!

That’s why I have ALWAYS loved the Playstation brand. It has always been the most DIVERSE out of all the consoles out there.

From ps1, to ps2, and now ps3. This is the kind of experimenting that makes games so worth it.

So getting this!

DZORMAGEN said:

May 10th, 10:59 am

There in our base, killing our DUDES!!!!!!!!

zhuk86 said:

May 10th, 11:02 am

LBP YOU MAKE HISTORY!!!!
btw – whats that awsome song in the trailer????

vcotson said:

May 10th, 11:05 am

@KSAo0DeViL0o dude thats what I’m Wondering also! lol!!! i thought they were going to save this for E3 lol!!! but wow!! lol

el_nivek said:

May 10th, 11:10 am

Wow this year is too good to believe!

rjejr said:

May 10th, 11:14 am

Was that a collective “frak you” I just heard coming out of the UFG office (for not waiting 2 more weeks for his announcement)?

LoLskilled87 said:

May 10th, 11:14 am

lol Little Big Planet is full of fail.

Mr_Rue said:

May 10th, 11:18 am

I bought LBP GOTY to get the DLC included on the disk. Will the disk-based DLC transfer over to LBP2?

Noaxzl said:

May 10th, 11:18 am

Okay, I’m pre-ordering this game as soon as it’s available.

Also, will LBP2 be backwards compatible with all the DLC costumes and stuff from the first game, or just the user-created content?

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9