Spider-Man PS4

May 10

May 10

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3 Officially Announced for Winter 2010!

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

I’m pleased to share some exciting news involving our crafty, stitched-together character we all know and love – that’s right, I’m talking about the one and only Sackboy. Today, we are officially announcing that our cloth friend and all of his fellow Sack-people will be back for a completely new adventure in LittleBigPlanet 2, which will be released later this year for PS3!

LittleBigPlanet established the Play, Create, Share creative gaming genre and we can’t thank the fans and critics enough for the praise and support we’ve received. The game continues to grow and evolve, helped by countless players around the globe. In fact, the sharing nature of the game has become so embraced, it has attracted fans to publish more than two million levels to the PlayStation Network since the award-winning game was released!

To show you what you can expect from LittleBigPlanet 2, here’s an exclusive look at our spanking new trailer:

So, what can you expect from LittleBigPlanet 2?

First of all, it’s developed by Media Molecule, the extremely talented team that brought you the first game, so you know you’re going to get a special experience. LittleBigPlanet 2 will provide a whole new collection of tools and rules for fans to Play, Create, and Share, including an evolved approach to control and customization that has never been seen before.

LittleBigPlanet has always empowered users to create their own levels by utilizing the same tools as the development team. Now in LittleBigPlanet 2, we’ve upped the ante, giving players the ability to not only make better levels, but completely new games – think top-down racing games, multiplayer shooters, flying side-scrollers, RPGs, etc. The possibilities are really endless.

LBP2 will also have a loads of new features, including revamped graphics, a fresh storyline, added accessories and equipment for Sackboy, and much, much more – trust me I’m only scratching the surface here!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

tetsou9shima said:

May 10th, 11:19 am

wow……You guys added alot of new features. I can’t wait to get this game. great job.

Azure-Edge said:

May 10th, 11:22 am

GOTY for SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really loved the first Little Big Planet and this looks just amazing. Also thank you very much for getting to bring out levels from the original in.

I do have one question though.

Are all the fun costumes for our Sackboy going to be imported? Like there was a great selection of items for our sackboy to look unique so will all of those be in as well?

Starkusmc said:

May 10th, 11:26 am

Can’t wait to play this game. I was totally blown away with that trailer. Good job M2! Also, will there be more cross-promotion with other games other than just MNR? And is there a beta planned for this as well?

ynp7 said:

May 10th, 11:27 am

So is it safe to assume that all of our DLC from LBP will work with LBP2?

el_Quinto said:

May 10th, 11:27 am

OMG

Sponge-worthy said:

May 10th, 11:30 am

Any chance that the controls will be tightened up a bit? I get that MM was going for somewhat a “floaty” experience, but honestly–there are any number of flash-web platformers out there that exhibit more precision than Sackboy does…

codename_W said:

May 10th, 11:34 am

you cant just release this and leave us waiting until winter :(

Anubis80 said:

May 10th, 11:40 am

Ok now this is epic. When you guys announced the 1st one I wasnt interested until you guys sent me the beta code. I tried and was hooked. Loved the first one. I cant wait for this one now.

My question is, will the DLC from the 1st one be able to come over to the 2nd one? I really hope it does. I spent so much money to buy up almost everything for the first one and would love to have it in the 2nd one.

Pedro_-_ said:

May 10th, 11:42 am

I almost cried in excitement. This is great. Thanks for the memories and time to make even more.

acerazer1 said:

May 10th, 11:48 am

Freaking awesome, can’t wait to see what people come up with.

acerazer1 said:

May 10th, 11:49 am

@208, the reports on the GameInformer Issue said all DLC and user-created levels will make their way over to the second game.

madtyger said:

May 10th, 11:51 am

Wow, and I thought that LBP couldn’t get any better.

Brapp347 said:

May 10th, 11:53 am

WHHOOOOAAA

nico2409 said:

May 10th, 11:54 am

nice music but the game is nothing for me. i’m too old for this ;) but i’m glad for the community and for playstation3.

LFDog said:

May 10th, 11:56 am

Joy and Joy and some happiness and some Joy.

BLP is a wonderful little box of creativity – and who wouldn’t like to get a shiny new box of things to play with?

Thank-you for this wonderful news!

(will a PSP version follow? – I would love to be able to create little bits and pieces while on the “go” to load into my PS3 when I get home and build off of)

FOXY__SHAZAM said:

May 10th, 11:56 am

This year…
Modnation Racers (WAS on the top of my list)
Playstation Move!
And now LBP2 which incorporates the previous 2?!
Come one E3!! Come ON!

LegendSoldierX said:

May 10th, 11:57 am

Oh my god…I can’t believe this!
This is gonna be awesome!

Ashend said:

May 10th, 11:59 am

Hey, I recognize that song!

I’m glad that everything is transferring over from the first game, you would have made a sad puppy of the whole sequel indeed. Hopefully the frame rate has improved to keep track of people who flood their levels with bombs.

I hope you’ll have a beta for this, I’m sure plenty of people would be willing to help with improvements. I just hope you allow for hot-keying certain options to the controller buttons so that you can quickly access something like, say, the grid function. And of course, If you’d allow us to arrange menus a little better, based on our preferences, then getting to my favorite materials would be great (maybe take a tip from modnation and make a menu in create mode that compiles everything you put in the level, including stuff you just saved as an object for use later…

Chances of you listening… Small I suppose…

Thanks for taking the time to update LBP to even greater levels, I hope you have some introductory videos to the new features soon.

ycole11 said:

May 10th, 12:01 pm

Looks great. :)

Mosh_Pit said:

May 10th, 12:09 pm

Will it be possible to use the eye camera and take picture of our own objects and integrate them into the game? I was hoping for this feature in the first one but it never happened. Other then that , great news.

acerazer1 said:

May 10th, 12:11 pm

@214

You’re never told old to have fun dude. Don’t let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Sincerely,
Confucious

acerazer1 said:

May 10th, 12:12 pm

220, I took pictures of myself and put it on my level. Is this what you’re talking about?

forestgump45 said:

May 10th, 12:13 pm

ive only knew of this for a few hours, and the wait is already killng me! and ive got that song stuck in my head to

Daimomaru said:

May 10th, 12:13 pm

Guys I have bought every single dlc for LBP, I need to know if all the money I spent will carry over to the next game, if so count with my day one purchase of LBP 2. Thanks!

Destiny89 said:

May 10th, 12:13 pm

amazing

forestgump45 said:

May 10th, 12:14 pm

oh yeah. i hope theres gonna be a demo :D

ski_bumm said:

May 10th, 12:16 pm

It seems like the MM team was really inspired by some of the levels out there right now, given the game modes they’re letting us work with in the sequel: The side-scrolling shooters, the racing mode – brilliant, love that it’s top-down like the classics! This game is just packed with nostalgia and classic gameplay modes, but with its own awesome vibe.

I for one am psyched, MM totally deserves the right to do a sequel, esp. 2 years after the original. So much for people complaining that Sony didn’t have any ‘AAA’ titles for holiday 2010.

Darkpen said:

May 10th, 12:17 pm

oh my god. That trailer made me tear up…

Jeyr2009 said:

May 10th, 12:17 pm

OMG! i want this soOO bad now it looks great

EyeAmmMcLovin said:

May 10th, 12:18 pm

HELL YESSSSS!!!!!!

Ozmafire101 said:

May 10th, 12:26 pm

Everyone at Mm…You guys are amazing. LittleBigPlanet has been my favorite game ever since it first got released, and now you’re coming out with this. The game looks simply amazing, even in just a short preview of it. Words cannot describe how excited I am, and honestly, you guys are more than just game developers to me, you’re my friends. I’ll continue to buy every bit of DLC you throw my way, and LBP2 is a MUST for preordering.

DevilDawg90 said:

May 10th, 12:32 pm

This is going to be amazing! I’m surprised that it’s coming this year, but I’m sure they’ve been working on it for a while.

Zezzler said:

May 10th, 12:33 pm

All i have to say is:
F***ing AWESOME, and CONGLATURATIONS!~
yup, you guys at Mm are just that worth it.

lastoblivion said:

May 10th, 12:33 pm

That trailer all around gave me the same happy feeling I got when watching the trailers for the first one. Looks amazing can’t wait.

sonictails1189 said:

May 10th, 12:34 pm

This looks amazing. I always wondered how MM would up the ante from the original, but this certainly looks to do just that.

I do have a question, though. Many of us have purchased some, or a lot, or even all, of the DLC for the first LBP. Will that content be compatible with LBP2 as well?

x_NiiGHTMARE_x said:

May 10th, 12:34 pm

What about my DLC… will it transfer over? I dont want to loose it!!!!

TwinDad said:

May 10th, 12:35 pm

So where are the Plushies from LBP 1. I’ve had an order in at Amazon Since January.

katsuo7171 said:

May 10th, 12:36 pm

Freaking awesome!!!

However I hope the loading times won’t take as long as it does with the current LBP. Took me about 4 minutes to get past the first loading screen before ultimately quitting it. Game still hasn’t worked for me since.

Also, please fix the lag online, I once thought I was in first in the race level then I crossed the line and ended up in last. The only 2 problems I have with LBP are those. EVERYTHING else is perfect.

Shacojin said:

May 10th, 12:36 pm

LBP2 AWESOME!! I Loved the first one.

the_miyamoto said:

May 10th, 12:37 pm

WOW! Alright, that was one of the best trailers I’ve ever seen, bar none. I don’t even consider myself a hardcore LBP fan, and I’m simply floored right now! Kudos to Sony for buying MediaMolecule when they did, I have a feeling that will be one of the best thing for the company itself and for us, the fans.

I have to agree with some of the people wondering what you’ve got in store for E3….how could top this???

dodaniel said:

May 10th, 12:42 pm

This looks so good, can’t wait for it.

There is one thing i wanna know though, i know the games is backwards compatible with all current user levels, but will it be compatible with all your LBP 1 DLC?

XxNoir-- said:

May 10th, 12:49 pm

This will go down as one of the most innovative and revolutionary games of this generation.I didn’t think the original could be built much upon but i was very wrong.The trailer blew me away & i will without a doubt be getting this on release day.

PS:The music was great.

APVangeliLHS said:

May 10th, 12:51 pm

Can we have this for the PSP?

I am receiving a PSPgo I just bought online in a day or two… and I am getting LittleBigPlanet for it… It would be cool to have even more awesom later on. :D

I will also get WipEout Pulse and God of War: Chains of Olympus. :D

So excited to come back to the PlayStation family.

BLAZER105 said:

May 10th, 12:52 pm

Hey would my LBP purchased items and costume all be available in LBP 2 just like levels?

mariosmaker said:

May 10th, 12:53 pm

The amount of new stuff appears astounding. I hope all the costumes can be ported from 1 to 2 and is that an animated “skin” I see?
Definitely Pre-ordering as soon as I can.
That music is entrancing, hope it’s in the game.

TheTomas said:

May 10th, 12:58 pm

im so glad yall used passion pits sleepyhead for the video. it fit it well and i cant wait for the game. loved the first one, keep up the good work guys!!!!

Isamito said:

May 10th, 12:59 pm

AWESOME , I am very happy! LBP RLZ!

FerrariThugs said:

May 10th, 1:03 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!
THANK YOU!!!!

THIS LOOKS AWESOME! I CAN’T WAIT TO CREATE SOME RACING TRACKS!!!!

I will be pre-ordering this when the official release date is announced, and I will also pre-order when GT5’s release date is announced :D

I’m trying to platinum LBP right now xD

kivi95 said:

May 10th, 1:13 pm

#241 yes it’s official that DLCS will be compatible with LPB2

TheGuardianFID said:

May 10th, 1:18 pm

WOW, the game looks incredible, awesome stuff guys, SOLD!!! 8)

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9