Final Fantasy VII Remake

May 11

Castle Crashers PSN Update: New Features

Kelly Revak's Avatar Posted by Kelly Revak on May 11, 2010 // Mayor of Behemothtown, The Behemoth

Hello PlayStation.Blog! I’m Kelly Revak from The Behemoth. We’re thrilled to be back on the PlayStation.Blog to give you another update about Castle Crashers for PSN!

First of all, we are happy to report that we have finished our internal testing, and have sent the title off to a third-party agent for some final testing before we submit it to the PlayStation Store. While we still don’t want to guess at a release date, we are definitely in the final stages of this adventure. Meanwhile, we wanted to tell you about another neat new feature.

Castle Crashers for PS3Castle Crashers for PS3

We have always had more ideas for Castle Crashers than we’ve had time to implement. So since we’ve had to rewrite the code for the game anyway as we bring it to PS3, we’ve been able to add some features that have been lingering in the backs of our minds since this whole thing started. Here is an example:

Player Arena matches will now allow you to choose teams! You can play 2-on-2 or take on the world with 1-v-3. Of course, you can still do free-for-all as well. Sharing a sweet, sweet victory with your friend is like eating a delicious cake in front of your other friends while they cry. It’s like their pride is inside the cake that you are devouring, and your teammate is your stomach helping to digest that pride. And there can only be one mouth and one stomach to eat it with, so the other mouths and stomachs have to watch even though mouths and stomachs don’t have eyes. Take that, eyeless teeth and stomachs.

Speaking of digestion…please do us a favor by tasting these screenshots and watch our QA ninjas team up to beat the tar out of each other. <3 Kelly.

Castle Crashers for PS3

Castle Crashers for PS3 Castle Crashers for PS3

+ Jeeves_Tremor on May 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

I’ve been loving your guys’ stuff since Alien Hominid, even when it just a flash game on NG. Cannot wait for CC to make the jump.

I want to see what Paladin’s art looks like in glorious HD!

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

thanks for your support!

and trust me, it looks AMAZING!

+ firstworldman on May 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

I bought a 360 just to have this game. What’s in this version that will make someone like me who already owns the 360 version buy it for the PS3?

Is it worth the double-dip?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

“I bought a 360 just to have this game” wow! that is a huge compliment!

since we’ve been recoding everything anyway, we’ve taken this as an opportunity to make the game even more polished. we’ve also added the new Volleyball game mode, things like Team Arena mentioned in this post, and a few other surprised we’ll tell you about soon! OoOOoo, mystery!! ;)

we hope you get a chance to try it out on PSN and are happy with the results of our efforts.

+ imajinetion on May 11th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Please tell me this will come to Euro PSN at the same time.

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

I can’t personally speak to the timing of releases as that gets sorted out by people with much fancier job titles than me. But I CAN tell you it is definitely coming to Euro PSN. We’ll announce any release date(s?) as we get them!

+ Ashenshugura on May 11th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Yay! Can’t wait!

Btw, thanks for letting us view the vid on the ps3 browser.

+ LegendSoldierX on May 11th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Sounds awesome!

+ codename_W on May 11th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

Youve got to be kidding me, still no release date ?

+ angelspawn77 on May 11th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

@ firstworldman, you didnt read what they wrote did you? or watch the video? They have included new things. I suggest you read and watch the vid.

+ Caudill on May 11th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

+ Zezzler on May 11th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Awesome Stuff guys, thanks for the port!

+ angelspawn77 on May 11th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Im definitely getting this game, I played it at a friends house and it was really fun with friends, the new modes look awesome, I really hope this releases soon. Im glad you guys added new things to add extra incentive for us to buy it, thats how to sell a game to a new platform, I recall Braid not long ago was priced at 15$ when it was a year old game with nothing new, with new content im sure more people would have bought it.

+ jakinov on May 11th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Make sure you make it so second player,third and fourth player can login to their own save profiles, collect trophies instead of just the first player getting everything.

+ Sindred on May 11th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

An RPG with your art style would be KILLER!

+ DZORMAGEN on May 11th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

This looks so great!!

+ BigBoss712 on May 11th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Really looking forward to this game, all the new features look great, can’t wait! thanks for the update.

+ ZeroSection on May 11th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

This game looks pretty clean. I get a River City Ransom kinda feel from it and that’s not a bad thing at all. Hope its reasonably priced cause I’m broke.

+ StarFoxMania on May 11th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

@26. Patience child. Testing is only good and can never be excessive. They said they are testing. There are way too many games around that are so broken that the end result is laughable and they are coming from big names. I’m looking at you Ubisoft; Far Cry 2 was and is a disaster that still begs for a patch of biblical proportions. Lots of ppl complained about Assassin Creed 2 glitches as well and Prince of Persia, and of course Sumo Digish!t with virtua tennis 2009 and Sonic and sega all star racing with their own “Stop it ubisoft, you’re risking my award for glitchiest game of the year!” attitude.

So, I’m sorry Mr. fellow gamer that whenever I see someone else want to rush developers I see it as a bad thing.

Please keep testing. I can wait forever so long as there are no progress crushing bugs. Better waste your time than waste mine, cause I’m the one paying and you are the one getting paid. Just like Amy Hennig spoke about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. “Here at Naughty Dog the amount of testing we do is ridiculous. We test test test” (forgive me if I don’t remember the very exact quote).

+ xftw_mapl3 on May 11th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

this is so awesome i am going to put money on my account now. by the way does anybody know when will Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 will be out on the PlayStation store

+ Jona388 on May 11th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

YEAH! I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. I’ve known about it, but it’s great to see it in action on the PS3. When does this come out????

+ MKJ93 on May 11th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

will this be available for the psp?

+ bob-maul on May 11th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

With Castle Crashers coming to ps3, does this mean that we are getting your next game(The one that has only been shown on 360)? And if so will we have to wait 2 years for it as well?

+ Barajas_201 on May 11th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

would it have trophies?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

yes there are trophies including two new ones: “You are Insane” and “Social Networker.” check our blog or the previous post we did here for details!

+ Thrasher20 on May 11th, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

I played the 360 version many times and now I am looking forward for the PS3 one :)

+ Serpent541 on May 11th, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

YES!!! Ive been waiting for this game to come to PSN for the longest.

Iam a big fan your games.

+ dsigns209 on May 11th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Day 1 purchase.

+ narwhalSTAB on May 11th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

I’m buying it because I love your company’s art style. Feel free to bring all of your games to PSN. :)

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Thanks everyone for the great comments and support! I’ll do my best to keep answering your questions here in the comments, and we’ll keep the updates coming as we get new information.

+ BlueRangerSuo on May 11th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

Any chance of Castle Crasher Avatars? I remember you guys had some for Xbox 360 that I bought when I had it. I was hoping you guys would add some fun to the PSN Avatars.

+ BeerManMike on May 11th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

Looks great, count me in! Finally something the wife and I can play together since she is always playing fat princess by herself.

+ PullusPardusUS on May 11th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

is your next game is going to be multiplatform? , i know you guys are a very small amazing team , so i’d understand if its not, it looks like a very tough job for a small team to rewrite all the codes,but if its not i hope its a success on XBL you guys deserve it! =]

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

thank you for your understanding! We always want all our games to be as widely available as possible. But in reality we can only work on so many things at once! We take things one (or two!) at a time and do the best we can.

+ SlackerTD on May 11th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

@Barajas_201: All PSN games (unless it’s a mini) are required to have trophies now.

+ Kirkpad on May 11th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Man, 4p co-op. This is what the PS3 has needed. I’m pretty sure I might get this, because its origins (of gave me a lot of childhood fun.

+ EdReedFan20 on May 11th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

I can’t wait for this! I hope it comes to the PSP one day as well!

+ KGH on May 11th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

is there a release date for the demo?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

The Trial will release at the same time as the game.

+ ADR143 on May 11th, 2010 at 4:20 pm said:

i dindt get the 360 version and is looking forward to this game.

i wish there some exclusive new features on PSN version.

porting a game this old should look more polish and have more features.

will definately check the demo out

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

for info on new features please see the post above. also the previous post we did here. ;)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on May 11th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

+ CeEyAh on May 11th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

They had the update posted like 5 mins ago but removed it >.>

+ xAllanKx on May 11th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

i loveee ittt want it right nowww, please sony stuff be fast releasing this game im gonna buy it in the first day :D

+ Ausohoj on May 11th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

… I really want cake now.

+ thelilviking on May 11th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

read the title:

re-read the title:
no… T__T

+ ciawal on May 11th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Will multiple people be able to sign into their PSN account to earn trophies when playing local co-op?

+ CantaloupeKing on May 11th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

I like the art style, but this game doesn’t look very interesting. I mean, you’re basically scurrying around a flat map, and can only attack on one axis. Doesn’t look like my kind of game, though it might still be one of PSN’s best games.

+ waypoetic on May 11th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

Yeah, that didn’t look fun at all. A deathmatch ala total cluster****. I will play the story mode though.

+ Rhino136 on May 11th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

Do you guys know if this game supports multiple PSN logins.
Borderlands, Resistance 2, and Little Big Planet all allow it and it really helps my co-op experience.

Kelly Revak's Avatar

+ Kelly Revak on May 11th, 2010 at 5:38 pm said:

well, those are all disc titles. ;) The PSN user interface is different than XBLA in terms of how it handles multiple local players. We’ve tried to make the multiplayer experience as fun and robust as possible both online and locally. We hope you will find your co-op experience to be exceptionally fun!

+ eFunk25 on May 11th, 2010 at 6:43 pm said:

Common already! They have put out 2 Call of Duties in the time it has taken to get this game out on PS3.

+ Kchow23 on May 11th, 2010 at 7:14 pm said:

We love you Behemoth! can’t wait for this game… hopefully you guys will show more love to PSN with your next titles ;)

+ IronChefWong on May 11th, 2010 at 7:39 pm said:

Yes this was seriously the ONE AND ONLY game that was on the xbox360 that made me jealous as a PS3 owner. I’ve played it extensively on my friends 360’s and I can say that you won’t need a demo make you’re decision to buy this game. It is simply amazing. The wait has been long and brutal but it’ll definitely pay off in the end.

<3 you Behemoth

+ SHINSPIKES on May 11th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

DLC would be great for this game. Like more levels or new castle.

+ WhiteF8ng on May 11th, 2010 at 8:43 pm said:

This is bought on the 1st day. I played the XBLA one and it was pretty fun. so this one I’ll pick up for sure.

+ Rhino136 on May 11th, 2010 at 8:53 pm said:

OK thanks for the reply, its definitely not a deal breaker and I’ll probably be beating this game more than once anyways. Been waiting for this game ever since I first heard of it.

+ DigitalDevilSaga on May 11th, 2010 at 9:12 pm said:

Me, and my 3 dedicated PS3 friends are always trying to find fun local co-op games, and this one sure looks like it will be the best available game yet on the PSN! I will def. be getting this one the second its available in the PS Store!