LittleBigPlanet 3

Castle Crashers PSN Update: New Features

Kelly Revak's Avatar + Posted by Kelly Revak on May 11, 2010 // Mayor of Behemothtown, The Behemoth

Hello PlayStation.Blog! I’m Kelly Revak from The Behemoth. We’re thrilled to be back on the PlayStation.Blog to give you another update about Castle Crashers for PSN!

First of all, we are happy to report that we have finished our internal testing, and have sent the title off to a third-party agent for some final testing before we submit it to the PlayStation Store. While we still don’t want to guess at a release date, we are definitely in the final stages of this adventure. Meanwhile, we wanted to tell you about another neat new feature.

Castle Crashers for PS3Castle Crashers for PS3

We have always had more ideas for Castle Crashers than we’ve had time to implement. So since we’ve had to rewrite the code for the game anyway as we bring it to PS3, we’ve been able to add some features that have been lingering in the backs of our minds since this whole thing started. Here is an example:

Player Arena matches will now allow you to choose teams! You can play 2-on-2 or take on the world with 1-v-3. Of course, you can still do free-for-all as well. Sharing a sweet, sweet victory with your friend is like eating a delicious cake in front of your other friends while they cry. It’s like their pride is inside the cake that you are devouring, and your teammate is your stomach helping to digest that pride. And there can only be one mouth and one stomach to eat it with, so the other mouths and stomachs have to watch even though mouths and stomachs don’t have eyes. Take that, eyeless teeth and stomachs.

Speaking of digestion…please do us a favor by tasting these screenshots and watch our QA ninjas team up to beat the tar out of each other. <3 Kelly.

Castle Crashers for PS3

Castle Crashers for PS3 Castle Crashers for PS3

PAGE 1 2 3

+ WakizashiM on May 11th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

Sold on day one.

+ SarshelYam on May 11th, 2010 at 11:33 pm said:

Own it on Xbox 360…but that wont stop me from buying it again on the platform I prefer. I know we don’t have Alien Hominid (wish we did because I’d like to make it a 4th copy considering I own it on PS2/GameCube/XBL), but will he make it into the roster somehow? He may have been rather underpowered in the XBL release of CC, but I thought his presence was rather charming…

…you know, I wouldn’t mind seeing Kratos all cute and Crashertized!!

+ laminaatplaat on May 12th, 2010 at 12:26 am said:

also bought a 360 for this game and im definitely getting it again on the PS3! why? because its freaking awesome and i luv my ps3

+ The_X_Factor_9 on May 12th, 2010 at 1:13 am said:

C’mon and give us the release date and price already!

I have a feeling it’s going to be a $14.99 game…
How about a $9.99 deal for those who buy on day one?

I’ll buy the game regardless. I tried on the 360 and I loved it. Just didn’t buy because I refuse to pay for Xbox Live. I’ll happily play on the PSN.

+ hypershadow1997 on May 12th, 2010 at 5:36 am said:

Dude I cant w8 4 castle crashers 2 come out on the ps3. I already have on the Xbox 360 and its cool but it might be alot better on the ps3. I mean they dont even have team battle on the 360. THNX 4 BRINGIN IT 2 THE PS3

+ XxKillerxX869 on May 12th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

i almost bought a 360 JUST for this game!!!! :)

i glad i waited,take your time! No need to rush :)

And thanks for all the new stuff ^_^ i cant wait to be one those characters

also,will the 360 dlc for this game come to PStore??

+ JonJonXD on May 12th, 2010 at 6:49 am said:

I will be buying this on release, I loved the 360 version playing locally on my friend’s 360. I think it is safe to assume that it’s going to be just as good as the original + all of the extras no?

Will there be DLC expansions released?

Will there be a PLATINUM trophy? :D

+ SavoyPrime on May 12th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Looking forward to this!

+ eyesofreality03 on May 12th, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

i’ve been playing your games since they first hit the pc and newgrounds.com, congrats on the big leagues and rocking the socks off the platforms! keep up the amazing work! i already have this title for my 360 AND I CANNOT WAIT TO GET IT FOR MY PS3!

+ RedSleeves on May 12th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

How is anybody expecting this game to be sold for $9.99? We’ll be extremely lucky to get it for $14.99 (I’m expecting $19.99 myself). And believe me, you’ll pay $19.99 for it if you have to.

+ ciawal on May 12th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

You said PSN is different to XBLA with local log-ins, but you didn’t answer whether it would be supported… will multiple people be able to earn trophies locally or not?

+ Xero95122 on May 12th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

I have been waiting for this game since Nov 2009

+ Kaedechtu on May 12th, 2010 at 8:37 pm said:

Phew, at last. 2 and a half years waiting, and some positive lookout finally.

Will this be getting a European release at the same time as the American one? From the UK here, and I’m hoping that I’ll be able to enjoy this at the same time as the American userbase.

On that note, will you be able to play it with people all around the world, rather than people in just your continent? I’ve got a few American friends that I’d enjoy playing this with ;D

And I hope the long port time to the PS3 hasn’t turned you off developing for it. I’d personally welcome any game you bring to the console into my library. I’ve had a blast with Alien Hominid on both the PS2 and the good ol’ days on Newgrounds, and I’d love to play any future releases that you guys may bring.

Keep up the good work, Behemoth!

+ camopants1012 on May 12th, 2010 at 9:08 pm said:

Oh boy, I’m SIKED!

+ jgrizzle358 on May 13th, 2010 at 4:26 am said:

kinda reminds me a little of Naruto Ninja Heroes for the PSP.

+ NOS-NAZZER on May 14th, 2010 at 1:34 am said:

Awsome game! cant wait till it comes out! does it have any offline coop?

+ Kaiken31 on May 15th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Yea, Soo what do you guys have planned after you release this game?? (please alien) (please castle crashers 2 *if you are gonna make 1)

+ Kaiken31 on May 15th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

SERIOUSLY!!! I DON’T CARE ABOUT THE COST, I WILL GET THIS GAME, PLAY ONLINE, HAVE FUN AND LOVE THE SUMMER!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST, I WAS GONNA GET THE 360 FOR THIS GAME ALONE BUT NOW THAT IT IS COMING OUT ON THE PS3, I’LL PAY WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR IT. THANK KELLY, AND THANK THE BEHEMOTH TEAM AND EVERYBODY ELSE WHO HELPED, OH AND ADD ME GUYS FOR WHEN IT COMES OUT WE CAN CO-OP CAMPAIGN MODE TOGETHER!!!

+ Kaiken31 on May 15th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

HELLS YEA

+ Schwooter on May 16th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

Oh man. I am so so so excited for this.

I literally spent my entire summer playing the 360 version of this once it came out. I’ll gladly do it all again for the PS3 version.

Any estimations on if this will be out before June?

+ Kaiken31 on May 17th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

ANYONE, AND I MEAN ANYONE WHO IS GETTING CC, ADD ME!! WE GONNA CO-OP TOGETHER!!! PSN: Kaiken31 duh!!!

+ spaceman10765 on May 18th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Do you think this will come to America’s PSN kelly?
I was kind of starting to loose hope for my ps3 because Xbox360 has lots of exclusives like this and I figured this would’ve never come to ps3.
Its just gonna be my luck that it doesnt come to America… If i still lived in Great Britain i would get everything PSN has to offer.

+ Kaiken31 on May 19th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

CMON GUYS, GIVE US SOMETHING TO GO ON PLEASE

+ Blue-Unit on May 19th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Man, I almost bought a 360 until I heard it was comming ou for ps3, lol. And even though I’m really excited for the release of this game, I hope Behemoth continues to take their time, and make it so much more awesome. Also hoping for a little more class diversity ;) Thank you Behemoth for the wonderful game.

+ Kaiken31 on May 19th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

dude i’m sorry but i’ve been waiting for more then 1 year, i dnt mind waiting but dnt make it feel like its comin out tomorrow

+ Kaiken31 on May 22nd, 2010 at 6:12 am said:

Awesome, 7 Days later and no new updates, but i am still hoping

+ chaseman10001 on May 22nd, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

Thanks for bringing it to PS3!!! I’ve always played this game on my friends Xbox 360 but when i heard about PS3 I was way excited! Ummm how are you gonna be able to get new characters (besides the bought characters…)? And when do you plan on giving us a date or release? Thanks you so much Castle Crashers!!!!

-Chase

+ Kaiken31 on May 23rd, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

so, yea, i’m a little curious about how long fnal testing takes, if someone can answer that, it would make me super happy, CASTLE CRASHERS RULEZ, LET THE PEOPLE HAVE IT SOON BECAUSE ALOT OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAS THE 360 WANNA TRY IT OUT ON THE PS3 :D

+ Kaiken31 on May 24th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Please Kelly, give us something to go on, how long do you think it will take for CC to get tested?? then how long after that will the game be added to psn??

+ wookiefan on May 24th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

this game looks AMAZING! im buying it day 1. im obsessed with it now and i havnt even played it yet =)! cant wait!

+ c-mac13 on May 24th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Hey Kelly I have a question. You can sign in your gamertag on the xbox with 4 people on one TV and save your data for each person. Will the PS3 Version have this or will it be just P1, P2, P3, and P4 :( ?

+ SonicJ11 on May 26th, 2010 at 7:03 pm said:

this game is beast

+ Kixx_MKIII on June 3rd, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

got to be the only game ive ever liked to play on 360, and its finally hittin my console. bout damn time lol. v.v you guys for comin over to psn.

+ Lightning5Knight on June 6th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

Any news if it is coming anytime now?
i am so excited for this game!!!

PAGE 1 2 3